Change of Ehenname Act (EhenamensAmendment law-Marriage Act)Non-official table of contents
Date of expiry: 27.03.1979
" EhenamensAmendment Act of 27. March 1979 (BGBl. I p. 401) "
(+ + + Text evidence from: 1. 4.1979 + + +) unofficial table of contents
The Bundestag has decided, with the approval of the Bundesrat, to approve the following law: name="BJNR004019979BJNG000100311 " />
Type 1Table Of Contents Not Full
(1) Have Spouse before 1. Before the end of a year after the date of entry into force of this Act, they may jointly declare that they wish to lead the birth name of the woman as a marriage name before the end of a year.(2) Paragraph 1 shall not apply if the marriage is dissolved or annulled. Non-official table of contents
(1) The name change extends to the birth name of a descendant, who is the fourteenth year of life , only if it follows the name change of his/her parents by explanation. A descendant limited in the business capacity may only make the declaration himself; he shall require the consent of his legal representative for this purpose.(2) Where the former birth name has become the name of a descendant, the name change shall only apply to the ehenamen if the spouses share the declaration referred to in paragraph 1 together.(3) The declarations referred to in paragraphs 1 and 2 shall be made within one year; the time limit shall begin with the submission of the declaration pursuant to § 1. Non-official table of contents
(1) The statements are subject to public certification. They shall be sent to the standing officials responsible for their reception.(2) The declarations may also be certified or certified by the registrar's officials. Unofficial table of contents
(1) To receive the declaration on the change in the name of the Ehename, the registry officer is responsible for the Family book of the spouses; if a family book is not carried out, the registry officer who has assessed the marriage is responsible. The registry officer shall, on the basis of the declaration, accept the registration in the personal records of his/her own register.(2) In order to receive the declaration of the change in the name of the birth, the registry officer shall be responsible for the birth of the offspring; he shall, on the basis of the declaration, make the registration in the birth register.(3) If the spouses have closed the marriage outside the scope of this law and a family book is not run, the registry officer of the Standesamts I in Berlin (West) is responsible. He or she shall, if he does not carry a civil status book, in which an entry would be made on the basis of the declaration, to the declaring and to the person concerned further by the declaration, a certificate of the receipt and effects of the declaration. The same applies if the birth of the descendant is not in the scope of this law.(4) The Federal Minister of the Interior shall be authorized, in consultation with the Federal Minister of Justice and with the consent of the Federal Council for the implementation of this Act, to take account of the detailed treatment of the declarations and the To enact the participation duties of the registrants.
This law applies in the Land of Berlin in accordance with Section 13 (1) of the Third Disclosure Act as well. name="BJNR004019979BJNG000300311 " />
Entry into force
(1) This law is subject to paragraph 2 on the first day of the year. July 1979, in force.(2) Section 4 (4) shall enter into force on the day after the announcement.