Read the untranslated law here: http://www.gesetze-im-internet.de/binschuo2008anh_iii/BJNR245040008.html
Additional technical requirements for vessels on inland waterways of zones 1 and 2 (annex III to the regulation on inspection of inland waterway vessels) BinSchUO2008Anh III Ausfertigung date: 06.12.2008 full quotation: "additional technical provisions for vehicles used on inland waterways of zones 1 and 2 (annex III to the regulation on inspection of inland waterway vessels) from December 6, 2008 (BGBl. I S. 2450), by article 1 point 16 of the Decree of December 20, 2012 (BGBl. I S. 2802) is changed" Note : Change article 1 No. 16 V v. 20.12.2012 I 2802 (No. 62) still not taken into account by menu see remarks footnote for details, refer to the stand number (+++ text detection from: 1.1.2009 +++) (+++ text of inland waterway vessel inspection regulations see: BinSchUO 2008 +++) table of contents Part I waterways of zone 2 - within Chapter 1 special provisions for vehicles on waterways of zone 2 within §§ 1.01 General 1.02 Special provisions for passenger vessels part II waterways of zone 2 - see Chapter 2 General sections 2.01 General Chapter 3 strength (without content) Chapter 4 safety distance and freeboard article 4.01 safety distance 4.02 freeboard capital 5 lock state of the openings of the hull and the superstructure sections 5.01 superstructures 5.02 doors 5.03 Windows and skylights 5.04 cover holds Chapter 6 equipment sections 6.01 anchor chains 6.02 compass 6.03 radar 6.04 transmission and reception systems 6.05 life saving equipment 6.06 other equipment Chapter 7 special provisions for passenger vessels article 7.01 General 7.02 strength 7.03 stability, safety clearance and freeboard 7.04 maximum permitted number of passengers 7.05 anchor 7.06 life saving equipment Chapter 8 special provisions applicable to associations and freight (without content) Chapter 9
Special provisions for floating devices (without content) part III waterways of zone 1 Chapter 10 special provisions for vessels on the waterways of zone 1 sections 10.01 10.02 General safety distance 10.03 freeboard 10.04 10.05 lock state strength 10.06 permissible conditions 10.07 additional equipment 10.08 additional provisions for passenger ships of part IV, Chapter 11 transitional and final provisions § 11.01 Transitional provisions for vehicles which are already in operation, and validity of the additional Community certificates 11.02 derogations for vehicles , already in operation are 11.03 other deviations 11.04 transitional provision for vehicles referred to in annex II, chapter 15, 17 and 21, as well as annex XII article 5 part I inland waterways of zone 2-within chapter I special provisions for vessels on the waterways of zone 2-General within § 1.01 1.
Waterways of zone 2-within Annex II or annex XII with the resulting from the provisions below requirements apply is.
2. with regard to the prescribed equipment, meet the sections 6.02 up 6.06.
3. a compass is required only on the Kiel fjord under section 6.02.
4. a radar unit after § 6.03 only has: a) the Weser River below the city Bremen's ports, b) North America, c) Kiel, d) Trave below SKEP Huk, e) Unterwarnow and Breitling, f) Volga St port area required.
§ 1.02 Special provisions for passenger vessels for passenger vessels operating on waterways of zone 2-within apply by way of derogation from annex II, chapter 15 following provisions: a) for passenger vessels without a bulkhead deck, the safety distance must be at least 0.80 m.
(b) Einzelrettungsmittel referred to in annex II section 15.09 No. 4 can Sammelrettungsmittel be replaced pursuant to annex XII article 4 § 15.09 No. 5.
Part II General § 2.01 waterways of zone 2-see Chapter 2 General 1.
On waterways of zone 2-see annex II or annex shall apply XII with the requirements arising from the provisions below.
2. the provisions of chapters 3 through 9 are to meet.
3. § 1.01 applies on the EMS below from Emden to the entrance of the port of Delfzijl carriers with closed hatches, for tugs and pusher craft.
Chapter 3 strength (without content) Chapter 4 safety clearance and freeboard article 4.01 safety clearance 1.
The safety distance must be at least 0.45 m.
2. openings that are sprühwasser - and weather-sealing completed or are fitted with closing devices, the safety distance must be at least 0.60 m.
3. openings which are open, the safety distance must be at least 1.00 m.
§ 4.02 freeboard of 1.
The freeboard of vessels with a continuous deck, without jumping superstructures is 0.30 m. 2.
Ships with jump and superstructures freeboard No. 2 to 6 can be corrected according to annex II section 4.02: a) is aa) the constant in the formula for the freeboard referred to in annex II section 4.02 No. 2 with a value of 300, bb) for the actual jump S front not a value larger than 2000 mm and cc) for the actual jump S rear no greater value than to use 1000 mm.
(b) the height of the jump may not include the height at the ends of the ship until enough at the end of the ship to built.
(c) in the case of calculations referred to in a, the effective length of the building is calculated using the following formula: le l = · ﴾ 2.5 b - 1.5 ﴿ ·
h [m] B' 0.72 in these formulas may refer to: le the effective length of a building in [m] regardless of its location related to L, l the actual length of the concerned building in [m], b the width of the building in [m], B' the width of the vessel measured on one-half of the length of the building, deck house or Luke Bay [m], h on the surface-mounted , Deckhouse - or Luke page appropriate amount of the question on building in [m], for hatches is the height h by the height of the coamings half fill the security gap is reduced according to § 4.01, taking into account the nature of the cargo hatch covers. No greater value may be used for the height (h) as 0.72 m.
If b B' is less than 0.6, is the effective length of the building to put le equal to zero.
3. for ships freeboard should be taking into account the freeboard allowance referred to in point 2 at least 0.15 m. The following conditions must be met: a) the safety distance is aa) in watertight hatches at least 0,60 m top hatch coaming, bb) at sprühwasser - and weather erdichten hatch openings of at least 0.75 m, cc) with open hatches at least 1,20 m. b) the average width of the side deck is not more than 0.125 b Chapter 5 lock state of the openings of the hull and the superstructure of section 5.01 bodies 1.
All openings in the superstructure must be fitted with Süllen of at least 0.15 m height above the bulkhead deck.
2. the coaming height can be lower, if the doors and other openings are waterproof, lockable, and if the use is excluded during the journey.
3. If cover of the entry hatches and manholes through cable glands are secured, they must be firmly connected by hinges with the ship.
§ 5.02 doors must be at least sprayproof and weathertight lockable and of adequate strength all external doors which give access to spaces below the freeboard deck,.
§ 5.03 Windows and skylights 1 window below the bulkhead deck need to waterproof and with a Lake beat aperture ver-see.
2. Windows and skylights to 0.15 m above the bulkhead deck must be watertight.
3. the lower edge of Windows and skylights is at least 0.15 m above the bulkhead deck, they must be at least sprühwasser - and weather-sealing.
4. Windows and skylights apply as: a) waterproof, if they can not be opened and their execution at least the series B of the standard DIN ISO 1751, Edition April 1993 matches;
(b) sprayproof and weathertight, if they can be opened and their execution as round Windows at least the series C of the standard DIN ISO 1751, Edition April 1993, as a rectangular window at least the series F of the standard DIN ISO 3903, Edition April 1993 corresponds to;
(c) open, when its execution does not correspond to the standards referred to in letters a and b.
§ 5.04 cover in cargo holds 1.
The waterproof cover of the spaces must meet the following provisions: a) the strength and design of the individual components must be aa) a burden of water q h = 1.00 - [t / m ²] plus weight of the cover, but at least of 0.15 t / m bb sq plus the weight of the lid) withstand a load of 0.075 t as a point load.
Means in this formula: h - distance from the lowest point of the cargo hatch covers from the level of permitted maximum draught [m].
Tankers in addition at least the test pressure of the tank is to be considered.
(b) watertight hatch covers must be sealed with screw caps or quarter turn; This does not apply for seemäßig verschalkten covers the cargo holds.
2. the sprühwasser - and weather-erdichte cover of the holds must meet the following provisions: a) the strength and design of items must match the provisions referred to in point 1(a).
(b) devices must be provided, with which the hatch covers and their components against displacement by wind or wave can be backed up.
Sprühwasser - and weather erdichte hatch covers need to be not particularly sealed when a sufficient sealing causes the weight of the lid and the shape of the hatch closures.
3. cargo holds and hatch covers, which do not comply with the provisions referred to in point 1 or 2, without hatch cover is considered to be open.
Chapter 6 equipment
§ 6.01 anchor chain by way of derogation from annex II section 10.01 no.10 must be at least 60 m long each bow anchor chain.
§ 6.02 compass 1 vehicles with its own driving force must be equipped with a compass with analog display or with a tax rate transmitter with analog display.
2. vehicles may use a compass that is approved by the competent authority with digital display or tax rate transmitter with digital display instead after no. 1 if they are equipped with a radar device and a device for indicating the turning rate according to § 6.03.
3. the compass or tax rate transmitter must only be fitted if the sample in accordance with the provisions of the ship security regulation has been tested and approved. Compasses and tax rate transmitter must comply with the technical requirements referred to in annex IX, part VII. Appropriate equipment, which is listed and approved according to these requirements in point A No 10 of annexed to the ship safety law, is considered compliant with these regulations.
4. compasses on magnetic base and tax rate transmitter on magnetic base a must) be tested prior to installation by the competent authority or by a body recognized by it, this is not required for compasses or tax rate transmitters which are approved according to letter A of the plant to the ship safety Act No. 10, b) according to the technical provisions referred to in annex IX part VIII on board fitted, c) before and at the latest when an extension of the driving ability certificate from one of the competent authority on the basis of a certificate of competence approved person (regulators) be regulated.
The regulator checks at the same time the proper installation pursuant to sentence 1 (b). He issues a certificate of the proper installation and guided through regulation, and the date of the regulation stating that. The current certificate is to carry on board. Can a regulator not so regulate the compass for magnetic base or tax rate transmitter on magnetic base, that the largest deviation is not more than 6°, is so to check the positioning of the compass magnetic base or tax rate transmitter on magnetic basis by the competent authority.
5. upon request, the competent authority may recognise a regulation carried out abroad and compensation; the decision of the competent authority on the recognition is to carry on board.
§ 6.03 radar 1 vehicles with its own driving force must be equipped with a radar.
2. the radar must referred to in annex IX part III, V and VI tested, approved and installed as well as a functional test subjected to his.
§ 6.04 transmission and reception equipment vehicles with its own driving force must be equipped with a radio system for the participation of the inland navigation radio under the provisions of the regional agreement on inland waterways.
Section 6.05 rescue facilities 1.
One-third of the prescribed lifebuoys must each at least 30 m long, floating line from 8 to 11 mm diameter, another third must be provided with each a self igniting, not extinguishing water, battery-powered light.
2. in addition to annex II section 10.05 has a place in a Sammelrettungsmittel for each person on Board pursuant to annex XII article 4 § 15.09 No. 5 exist.
Section 6.06 other equipment other equipment must be on board: a) in annex II, section 10.02 No. 1 letter a and d to f, as well as no. 2 and 3 listed equipment, b) on each vehicle must in addition devices and devices that are required to give the maritime waterways right and in the regulation on the international regulations for the prevention of prescribed sea markers and sound signals, as well as to identify the vehicles 1972 , exist, c) on board vessels with a crew that must exist in addition no. 2 letter of a nautical charts required by the ship safety Ordinance in section 13.
Chapter 7 special provisions for passenger vessels article 7.01 General for passenger ships on waterways of zone 2-Lake shall apply chapters 3 and 4, as well as the provisions of section 6.05 not.
§ 7.02 strength by way of derogation from annex II § 3.02 Nr. 1 (a) must the ship body comply with regulations of a recognized classification society for the zone 2-Lake. An attestation of a recognized classification society, stating, that the ship has been built or converted according to the building regulations for the zone 2-Lake is sufficient as proof.
§ 7.03 stability, safety clearance and freeboard 1 by way of derogation from the provisions referred to in annex II section 15.04 no. 1 must a) the residual safety clearance be at least 0.20 m and b) for vessels without a bulkhead deck the safety distance must be at least 1.00 m and the rest safety distance at least 0.30 m.
(2. by way of derogation from the provisions referred to in annex II section 15.04 Nr. 2 must be a) the residual freeboard be at least 0.40 m and b) the freeboard shall be at least 0.50 m.
3. the maximum draught level is to set no. 3 by way of derogation from the provisions in annex II paragraph 15.04, considering the No. 1 and 2.
§ 7.04 maximum number of passengers is the maximum number of passengers to determine letter b, taking into account the section 7.03 no. 2 according to the provisions of annex II section 15.05.
§ 7.05 anchor for passenger ships is the total mass to calculate the bow anchor P according to the following formula: P = k • T • + mean 4 • af [kg] in this formula: k coefficient referred to in annex II section 10.01 no. 2 af frontal wind surface in m2 section 7.06 life saving equipment by derogation from annex II section 15.09 No. 4 can Einzelrettungsmittel pursuant to annex XII article 4 be replaced section 15.09 No. 5 by Sammelrettungsmittel.
Chapter 8 special provisions applicable to associations and freight (without content) Chapter 9 special requirements for floating devices (without content) part III waterways of zone 1 Chapter 10 special provisions for vehicles on waterways of zone 1 § 10.01 General 1.
Waterways of zone 1, annex II or annex shall apply XII with the requirements arising from the provisions below.
2. the provisions of chapters 2 to 6 and the provisions of §§ 10.02 to 10.07 are to meet.
Safety distance which safety distance must be at least 1.20 m section 10.02.
Section 10.03 freeboard which freeboard must be at least 0.50 m.
Section 10.04 closure condition 1. Byway of derogation from annex II, § 4.05 and annex XII article 4 § 4.05 is the plane of maximum draught under the requirement to establish that the holds can be connected at least sprayproof and weathertight.
2. the fixing of the maximum permissible draught for the ride with uncovered holds is not permitted.
§ 10.05 strength a recognised classification society must certify that the vehicle for the trip on waterways of the zone has 1 sufficient strength and an adequate freeboard and lock state. The certificate to be submitted must specify the permissible conditions of vehicles in accordance with § 10.06.
Section 10.06 permissible driving conditions depending on whose permissible driving conditions by the construction, maintenance and equipment State of the vehicle - particularly limited to journeys with smaller significant wave height, on a period in the year, on rides during daylight hours or at acceptable weather and weather conditions or on trips of limited duration - set. The permissible conditions are to certify in the Community certificate or the additional Community certificate.
Section 10.07 additional equipment 1.
In addition to the provisions of Chapter 6 vehicles must carry following equipment on board with crew: a) an electric day signal lights, b) six red, officially approved parachute signals, c) a rescue signal table, d) four lifebuoys referred to in annex II section 10.05; (of which two lifebuoys each of at least 30 m long, floating line from 8 to 11 mm diameter must be provided, and in water not extinguishing light, e equipped, two lifebuoys must with each a self igniting, battery powered) a life raft or a life raft to annex XII article 4 § 15.09 No. 5, f) a tender must be equipped with a lantern and a waterproof container with six red fire.
2. in addition to the provisions under Chapter 6 must towed vehicles with crew carrying letter of f required to letter b equipment on Board no. 1.
Section 10.08 special provisions for passenger vessels 1.
For passenger vessels operating on waterways of zone 1, 2 is Chapter 7, taking into account the provisions in §§ 10.05 till 10.07..
A recognised classification society must certify that the vehicle for the trip on waterways of the zone has 1 sufficient stability. The certificate to be submitted must specify the permissible conditions of vehicles in accordance with § 10.06.
Part 4 Chapter 11 transitional and special provisions § 11.01 Transitional provisions for vehicles which are already in operation, and validity of the additional Community certificates 1.
The following provisions apply to vehicles which has been granted an additional Community certificate for the first time before 30 December 2008.
The vehicles must be proved to meet the technical requirements of inland waterway regulation on inspection on the day of issuance of additional Community certificate or an other airworthiness certification.
3. the additional Community certificates that had been issued prior to December 30, 2008, remain valid until the expiration date. Annex II section 2.09 paragraph 2 shall remain unaffected.
§ 11.02 derogations for vehicles already in operation 1 without prejudice to the articles 11.03 and 11.04 are vehicles that do not completely meet the requirements of this annex, must be adapted the regulations that came into force after first their Community certificate or the other airworthiness certification in accordance with the transitional provisions listed in the table below.
2. in the table below mean "N.E.U.": the provision does not apply to vehicles which are already in operation, unless unless the affected parts are replaced or converted, i.e. the provision applies only for new construction and replacement or reconstruction of the affected parts or areas. Are existing parts are replaced by replacement parts in same technique and style, this means no substitute 'E' in the sense of these transitional provisions.
-"Grant or renewal of the additional Community certificate": the requirement must be met for the issue or the next renewal of the period of validity of the Community certificate, following on December 30, 2008,. The validity of the Community certificate between December 30, 2008 and a day ends before December 30, 2009, so this rule applies only as of December 30, 2009 mandatory.
§ Content deadline or remarks 4.01 safety clearance N.E.U., at the latest on issue or renewal of the Community certificate after the 30.12.2049 4.02 freeboard N.E.U., at the latest on issue or renewal of the Community certificate after the 30.12.2049 5.01 bodies N.E.U., at the latest on issue or renewal of the Community certificate after the 30.12.2049 5.02 doors N.E.U., at the latest on issue or renewal of the Community certificate after the 30.12.2049 5.03 Windows and skylights N.E.U. , at the latest on issue or renewal of the Community certificate after the 30.12.2049 5.04 cover of hold N.E.U., at the latest on issue or renewal of the Community certificate after the 30.12.2049 6.02 compass for self-propelled barge and motor tanker small 45 m, N.E.U., at the latest on issue or renewal of the Community certificate after the 30.12.2029 6. 03 radar for self-propelled barge and motor tanker small 90 m, N.E.U. , at the latest on issue or renewal of the Community certificate after the 30.12.2029 6.06 letter b sound system N.E.U., at the latest on issue or renewal of the Community certificate after the 30.12.2049 10.02 clearance N.E.U., at the latest on issue or renewal of the Community certificate after the 30.12.2049 10.03 freeboard N.E.U., at the latest on issue or renewal of the Community certificate after the 30.12.2049 § 11.03 other variations if the application of the provisions referred to in this chapter after the expiry of the transitional provisions is practically difficult or unreasonably high Costs caused, may permit deviations from these provisions the Commission of inquiry on the basis of recommendations of the Committee. These deviations are to be entered in the additional Community certificate.
§ 11.04 transitional provision for vehicles referred to in annex II, chapter 15, 17 and 21, as well as annex XII article 5 1.
For a vehicle referred to in annex II, chapter 15, 17 and 21 or annex XII article 5 the additional Community certificate after an examination referred to in annex II section 2.09 is no. 1, 3 and 4 granted after expiry of the applicable additional Community certificate, but at the latest until December 30, 2018 is performed to determine whether the vehicle complies with the technical requirements of set out in annex III.
2. the vehicle fails to comply requirements of annex III, Chapter 1 to 10 and the Commission of considers that these shortcomings pose no obvious danger, is so the vehicle can continue so long its operation, until the components designated as insufficient or areas of the vehicle have been replaced or modified; then, these components or areas must comply with the provisions of this annex. The identified deficiencies are to be noted in the additional Community certificate.
3. an obvious danger is considered in particular, if regulations with regard to the strength of construction, the driving or manoeuvrability or special features of the vehicle of this annex are touched. Permissible deviations are not to record deficiencies which represent an obvious danger. No obvious danger is considered to have been given if the vehicle complies with the provisions of the regulation on inspection of inland waterway vessels in the version of December 30, 2008.
4. the replacement of existing components does not apply by identical parts or parts of an equivalent technology and design during routinely carried out repair and maintenance work as a substitute within the meaning of paragraph 2.
Search Translated Laws of Germany