Read the untranslated law here: http://www.gesetze-im-internet.de/augenoptausbv/BJNR069800011.html
Regulation concerning vocational training to the optometrist and optician (optometrist education regulation AugenoptAusbV) AugenoptAusbV Ausfertigung date: 26.04.2011 full quotation: "optometrist Education Decree of April 26, 2011 (BGBl. I p. 698)" *) this Decree is a training regulations within the meaning of section 25 of the handicrafts Regulation Act. The training regulations and the adopted by the Standing Conference of the Ministers of the Länder in the Federal Republic of Germany curriculum thus tuned for the vocational school are soon published as a supplement to the Federal Gazette.
Footnote (+++ text detection from: 1.8.2011 +++) input formula on the basis of § 25 paragraph 1 sentence 1 of the handicrafts Regulation Act, most recently by article 146 of the Decree of October 31, 2006 (BGBl. I S. 2407) is changed, decreed the Federal Ministry of Economics and technology in agreement with the Federal Ministry of education and research: section 1 State recognition of the education profession the education profession of eye opticians and the student according to § 25 of the handicrafts Regulation Act for training for the trade point 33 of Annex A of the handicrafts Regulation Act state-recognized.
§ 2 duration of apprenticeship training takes three years.
§ 3 training curriculum, education profession at least the skills listed in the training curriculum (plant), knowledge, and skills (professional capacity) are (1) the subject of the vocational training. A deviating from the training curriculum organisation of training is specifically allowed, as far as practical operating characteristics require the deviation.
(2) the vocational training to the optometrist and the study breaks down as follows (education profession): section A vocational profile giver skills, knowledge and abilities: 1 glasses edit and touch up, 2. maintain tools and machines, modify and repair 3 glasses, 4 glasses, contact lenses and enlarging Visual AIDS according to optical properties, and effects assess, customer-specific Visual requirements determine 5 and advise clients: 5.1 correction needs to determine 5.2 customers advice and services , 6 glasses adjust optically and anatomically, Visual AIDS make 7, 8.
Goods selling, accounting and cost estimate by 9.
Section B integrative skills, knowledge and abilities: workflows plan 1. vocational education and training, labour and collective bargaining law, 2. construction and organization of the training company, 3. safety and health protection at work, 4. environmental protection and rational use of energy, 5; Technical communication, 6 professional rules and standards apply.
§ 4 implementation of vocational training (1) the skills referred to in this regulation, knowledge and skills should so conveyed, enable the trainees to a qualified professional activities within the meaning of article 1, paragraph 3, of the vocational training Act that includes in particular independent planning, performing, and controlling. This qualification is to prove in the tests according to sections 5 to 7.
(2) the educators have a training plan to create on the basis of the training curriculum for the trainees.
(3) the trainees have a written training record to lead. Them is to give opportunity to lead the evidence of training during the training period. The educators have regularly reviewing the written training record.
§ 5 examination (1) the examination consists of two time apart covered by parts 1 and 2. The journeyman's examination is to determine whether the candidate has acquired the professional capacity to act in the sense of § 1 paragraph 3 of the vocational training Act. In the journeyman's examination, the examinee should prove that he mastered the necessary skills, possesses the necessary professional knowledge and skills and to be conveyed, in the vocational school for vocational training is essential material familiar. The education system is to be based. Thereby, qualifications, which had been subject to part 1 of the journeyman's examination, should be included in part 2 of the journeyman's examination only so far as it is necessary for the assessment of professional competence.
(2) in determining the overall result, part 1 of the journeyman's examination with 30 percent and part 2 of the journeyman's examination with 70 percent is weighted.
§ 6 part 1 the journeyman's examination is supposed to (1) part 1 of the journeyman's examination held before the end of the second year of training.
(2) part 1 of the examination extends on the skills listed in the annex for the first three training half year, knowledge and skills, as well as on the material to be conveyed in the vocational school, as far as it is essential for the training.
(3) part 1 of the journeyman's examination consists of the examination field repair of Visual AIDS.
(4) for the testing area, following specifications are: 1 the candidate to demonstrate that he is capable of a) to select various shape and joining techniques and to apply b) replaced parts to make template or modify, c) spherical and toric Mono-focal glasses to examine, to measure, to Center, to edit manually and to work in a version, d) results to evaluate;
the testing area following activities to be based are 2: a) repair of frames and b) makeover of a pair of glasses by hand in a metal full rim frame;
3. the candidate should perform a work item and edit tasks in writing, content related to the carried out work item. The repair of a spectacle frame with 30 percent, is to weight the makeover of a pair of glasses with 40 per cent and the processing of written tasks with 30 percent;
4. the examination time is 330 minutes; During this time, the processing of written tasks to perform in 90 minutes.
§ 7 part 2 of examination (1) part 2 of trade extends on the skills listed in the annex, skills and knowledge, as well as on the material to be conveyed in the vocational school, as far as it is essential for the training.
(2) part 2 of the journeyman's examination consists of the areas of the exam: 1. establish a borderless corrective eyewear, 2. Augenoptische supply, 3rd eye vision, 4. Economic and social studies.
(3) for the testing area manufacture a rimless prescription eyeglasses following requirements exist: 1 the candidate to demonstrate that he is capable of a) multifocal glasses according to predefined data to measure and centering as well as automatic edge grinding machine to edit and to assemble, in a rimless version b) the glasses to align output capable, c) to assess the result of the work and documentation;
2. the candidate should make a test piece and document the work result with usual practice documents;
3. the examination time is 150 minutes.
(4) for the testing scope Augenoptische supply following requirements are: 1 the candidate to demonstrate that he is capable of a) wishes to determine, b) customers over glasses by glass type, material, to advise finishing and colour scheme, taking into account the individual appearance request, c) frames forward seeking, d) centering data to identify, e) glasses in the previous custom version after determined centering data to work, f) to make the final adjustment and to instruct clients in use;
2. the candidate should perform a writing sample;
3. the examination time is 120 minutes.
(5) for the test area eye and vision are following specifications: 1 the candidate to demonstrate that he is capable of a) impact Visual performance-diminishing effects and diseases in the selection of Visual AIDS to describe b) effects of correction resources on anatomical, physiological and optical conditions explaining c) properties and applications of materials for contact lenses, to explain glasses and spectacle frames, d) to distinguish the workings of contact lens care products , s) optical calculations making and properties of Visual AIDS including the aberration and ways you can use to explain;
2. the candidate to edit in writing practical tasks;
3. the examination time is 180 minutes.
(6) for the testing area, economic and social studies are following specifications: 1 the examinee to to prove that he can represent general economic and social contexts of professional and working world and judge
2. the candidate to edit in writing practical tasks;
3. the examination time is 60 minutes.
§ 8 weighting and existence Regulation (1) are the areas of examination to weight as follows: 1 test range repair of Visual AIDS 30 percent testing section 2 establish a borderless corrective eyewear 20 percent test section 3 Augenoptische supply 20 percent 4. test area eye and vision 20 percent 5. test area of economic and social studies 10 percent.
(2) the examination is considered passed if the services 1st in the Grand total of part 1 and 2 of the journeyman's examination 2. as a result of part 2 of the journeyman's examination with at least 'sufficient', 3 with at least 'sufficient'.
in the testing area "eye and vision' the journeyman's examination with at least 'sufficient', 4 in at least two areas of examination of part 2 of the journeyman's examination with at least 'sufficient' and 5 in any testing area of part 2 with"insufficient"have been evaluated.
(3) at the request of the DUT examination in one is worse than sufficiently evaluated test areas "Eye and vision" or "economic and social studies" through an oral examination lasting about 15 minutes to add, if this can be decisive for the existence of the examination. In determining the result for this test range, the previous result and the result of the oral exam in a ratio of 2:1 are weighted.
§ 9 can existing conditions of vocational training vocational training conditions that exist at the entry into force of this regulation, taking into account previously carried out training time according to the provisions of this regulation will be continued if the parties so agree and still no midterm has been filed.
Article 10 entry into force, expiry this regulation enters into force on August 1, 2011. At the same time the regulation of vocational training to the optometrist / to the administration of 4 March 1997 (Federal Law Gazette I p. 436) override.
Plant (to § 3 paragraph 1 sentence 1) training curriculum for vocational training to the optometrist and the accountant (reference: BGBl. I 2011, 701-704) section A: professional profile giver skills, knowledge and abilities item No.
No. part of the education profession to conveyed skills, knowledge and abilities time values in weeks 1 to 18.
Month 19 to 36.
Month 1 2 3 4 edit 1 glasses and take a (§ 3, paragraph 2 A.1) a) type and design of spectacle lenses distinguish b) check delivery quality of raw angular glasses c) optical effects of spectacle lenses measure and determine points of reference, determine Zentriermaße for single vision prescription lenses, glasses Center and prepare for edge machining d) glasses edit manually and mechanically formgebend and in the full spectacle frame edge set e) single vision prescription lenses, after production on the specified parameters and tolerances, check and align 16 f) Zentriermaße for more vision prescription lenses determine , Glass Center and prepare g for edge machining) glasses grooves, drilling, filing, milling, polishing and rimless glasses fit h) optical effects of multiple strengths and special glasses measure and mark the reference point i) multiple strengths and special glasses after compliance with the specified parameters and tolerance check and align 15 2 tools and machines cultivate (§ 3 paragraph 2 section 2) a) tools , B clean instruments and machinery) determine errors in measuring instruments and machines, as well as initiate measures to eliminate the errors c) Insert supplies, especially lubrication, cooling, grinding and cleaning agents and 3 lead to environmentally friendly disposal 3 glasses modify and repair (article 3 paragraph 2 section A paragraph 3) a) assess damage to glasses, repair costs and costs determine b) machining processes and tools, taking into account the materials select c) version parts manual and machine manufacture , modify, repair and replace 10 judge 4 glasses, contact lenses and enlarging Visual AIDS according to optical properties, and effects (article 3 paragraph 2 section 4) a) single vision prescription lenses for optical properties select b) coatings and other surface finishes of spectacle lenses with regard to their effects differ c) aberration at single strength glasses are different and their effects take into account d) main cutting effects of toric lenses determine e) object - and image-breaking peak measure f) convert spherocylindrical cylindrical combination 19 g) multiple strengths and special glasses for optical properties select h) aberrations in multiple strengths and special glasses distinguish and whose effects take into account i) prismatic glasses measure j) filter and protection glasses uses associate k) contact lenses for material properties distinguish and effects of contact lens correction assess l) structure and properties of magnifying AIDS different 15 5 custom Visual requirements determine and advise clients (§ 3, paragraph 2 section 5) 5.1 correction needs determine (article 3 paragraph 2 section 5.1) a) correction needs taking into account of Visual acuity , Anatomy and Physiology, especially when myopia, hyperopia, astigmatism and presbyopia analyze b) in the selection of Visual AIDS, Visual performance-diminishing eye diseases account c) explain undisturbed binocular and deviations are different 14 5.2 customers advise and offer services (§ 3 paragraph 2 section 5.2) a) b determine customer needs and intended use of the blowup in the sales pitch) services for the determination of eye glass, contact lens adaptation and other sight tests explain c) match customer needs with technical requirements , Eyeglass frames and eyeglass lenses in aesthetic and anatomical terms select d) e advise clients about glass type, material, surface finishing and color of lenses) information media, especially for the glass - and amended Advisory insert f) customer data with regard to data protection document 14 g) h explain applications and possibilities of correction by glasses, contact lenses and enlarging Visual AIDS) properties of different materials and care for contact lenses and with regard to their purpose, i assess) justify the necessity of contact lens care; Cleaning products and their properties explain j) determine prices and 14 explain the customer 6 glasses adjust optically and anatomically (§ 3, paragraph 2 section 6) a) frames after Anatomy edit and forward fit 6 b) optical and related physiological effects by means of correction estimate c) centering data determine and glasses Center d according to different requirements of centering) centering of glasses 6 control 7 Visual AIDS make (article 3 paragraph 2 section number 7) a) make final adjustment of glasses b) customers in handling , C identify maintenance of Visual AIDS and use) 8 d indicate the need for regular inspections) possible effects of vision aid, in particular on the visual impression pointing out, the meaning of which assess and initiate necessary measures 4 8 goods sell (§ 3, paragraph 2 section A point 8) a) capture receipts and b check the quality, type, quantity and price according to order) were appropriate store, maintain and present c) explain usage and applications of goods and goods sell 2 d) orders, prepare and perform e)
Defects capture, assess, document, and complain f) customer complaints receive and edit 4 perform 9 accounting and costing (section 3 paragraph 2 section 9) a) observed operational cost factors and cost-conscious act b) perform calculations according to c) payment transactions settle d) reminders prepare 6 section B: integrative skills, knowledge and abilities indicated
No. part of the education profession to conveyed skills, knowledge and abilities time values in weeks 1 to 18.
Month 19 to 36.
Month 1 2 3 4 1 vocational training, labour and collective bargaining law (§ 3 paragraph 2 section B number 1) a) b explain importance of the training contract, in particular conclusion, duration and termination) mutual rights and obligations arising from the contract of training call c) possibilities of vocational training call d) essential parts of the contract call e) essential provisions of the collective agreements applicable to the training operation call 2 structure and organisation of the training company (§ 3 paragraph 2 section B, point 2) a) explain the structure and tasks of the training operation
b) explain basic functionality of training operation, such as procurement, production, sales and administration c) relationships of the training operation and its employees to business organisations, professional organisations and trade unions call d) describe the principles, tasks and functioning of betriebsverfassungs - or staff-legal bodies of formed operation during the whole training to convey 3 safety and health at work (article 3 paragraph 2 section B number 3) a) determine risk to health and safety at the workplace and take measures to avoid b) occupational health and safety and accident prevention regulations (use c) describe behaviour in accidents and initiate the first measures d) apply the provisions of the fire prevention; Describe Verhaltensweisen in fires and fire-fighting measures 4 environmental protection and rational use of energy (article 3 paragraph 2 section B number 4) in particular: a contribute to the prevention of operational pollution within the professional sphere of influence,) possible environmental impacts by the training company and his contribution to the environmental protection examples explain b) apply the training company c applicable regulations of environmental protection)
Ways the economic and environmentally-friendly energy and material use to use d) avoid waste; Substances and materials of an environmentally friendly disposal lead to 5 plan the workflows; Technical communication (article 3 paragraph 2 section B, point 5) a) Workstation set up b) steps plan, assess results and document c) Insert d internal and external information for the procurement of goods) communication technologies apply e) 6 professional rules handle correspondence with the help of word processors and apply standards (article 3 paragraph 2 section B number 6) a) subject-related standards comply with b) legislation apply c) terminology use d) apply occupational safety and quality policy of the optician craft
Search Translated Laws of Germany