Read the untranslated law here: http://www.gesetze-im-internet.de/wassv_1/BJNR003570970.html
First water freezing Regulation (1 WasSV) 1 WasSV Ausfertigung date: 31.03.1970 full quotation: "first water freezing Decree of March 31, 1970 (Federal Law Gazette I p. 357)" footnote (+++ text detection from: 23 4.1970 +++) input formula on the basis of § 3 Nos. 1 and 2 of the water freezing law of 24 August 1965 (Bundesgesetzbl. I p. 1225, 1817), amended by the introduction of law to the law of administrative offences may 24, 1968 (Bundesgesetzbl. I p. 503), the Federal Government with the consent of the Federal Council decreed: § 1 scope the provisions of this Regulation apply to precautionary measures according to the water freezing law to cover the vital need for drinking water, providing water to the necessary extent and to meet the needs of fire-fighting water.
§ 2 assessment of the vital need for drinking water (1) for the essential needs of drinking water are usually to consider 15 l per person per day.
(2) for hospitals and facilities that serve the accommodation of domiciliary care for elderly persons, are 75 l, to use 150 l per bed per day in surgical and infectious hospitals or the corresponding departments in hospitals.
(3) for companies and institutions, whose continued work is essential to civil defence planning, the need is calculated according to type and scope of services, which has to provide the company or the institution in the case.
(4) for the keeping of farm animals, typically 40 l per livestock unit per day are to be based. The purposes of this Regulation apply as a livestock unit: 1 horse or 1 cow over two years, 2 horses or 2 cattle under two years of age, 5 pigs, 10 sheep, as well as the corresponding number of other animals with a total live weight of 500 kg.
§ 3 quality of drinking water (1) drinking water systems that serve the civil defense planning in the case of the vital needs of drinking water, must be designed so that the health of the people and the animals can be harmed not by its consumption or use by pathogens. It must be still free of other substances in harmful concentration.
(2) the coverage of the vital need for drinking water in other ways not to make sure is set 2 cannot be derogated from with the consent of the competent health authority on the quality of drinking water requirements referred to in paragraph 1, if only minor and temporary health disorders to get. In case of justified suspicion on presence of substances in harmful concentrations in individual cases, the competent health authority decides whether the water can be used to meet the vital needs.
Section 4 assessment of the need for water in the indispensable extent is the indispensable need for operating water for companies and institutions, whose continued work is essential to civil defence planning by type and scope of the services which will provide the company or the institution in the defense case, is calculated.
§ 5 quality of operating water (1) water must be such, that companies and institutions can provide the services required by the civil defense planning in the defense case. In particular depends on the nature of how it is used.
(2) water must be such that an impairment to health of employees is not to be feared.
§ 6 assessment of the demand for water (1) is the firefighting water need to measure, usually over a period of 5 hours It depends on the nature and the extent of the structural exploitation within the meaning of the building Ordinance of July 26, 1962, as amended by the notice of 26 November 1968 (Bundesgesetzbl. I S. 1237). Type and degree of structural use are to determine, taking into account the determinations in the construction plans for the existing buildings.
(2) for each a hectare of cultivated area is as basing requirements: 1 in small settlements (WS), pure residential areas (WR), General residential areas (WA), mixing (MI) and village areas (MD) up to a floor space index (GFZ) of 0.6 144 cbm / 5 h 2 pure residential areas (WR), General residential areas (WA), mixing areas (MI), village areas (MD), core areas (MK) and industrial areas (GE) up to a floor space index (GFZ) of 1.2 288 cbm / 5 h 3 in pure residential areas (WR) , General residential areas (WA), mixing areas (MI), core areas (MK), special areas (SO) and commercial areas (GE) up to a floor space index (GFZ) of 2.4 576 cbm / 5 h 4 in core areas (MK), special areas (SO) and commercial areas (GE) up to a floor space index (GFZ) of 4.0 and about 960 cbm / 5 h 5 industrial estates (GI) up to a building mass (BMZ) 9.0 960 cbm / 5 h.
Article 7 entry into force this regulation enters into force on the day after its promulgation.
Search Translated Laws of Germany