ACT 205 OF 1995
Official Gazette No. 41954, August 4, 1995
through which the Cultural Convention was approved
between the Government of the Republic of Colombia || | and the Government of the Hellenic Republic, signed
in Rome on 20 December 1990. Effective Jurisprudence
CONGRESS OF COLOMBIA DECREES
having regard to the text of the "Cultural Agreement between the Government of the Republic of Colombia and the Government of the Hellenic Republic", signed in Rome on December 20, 1990.
Agreement on Cultural Cooperation between the Government of the Republic of Colombia and the Government of the Hellenic Republic.
®The Government of the Republic of Colombia and the Government of the Hellenic Republic, guided by the desire to strengthen and develop the friendly relations between the two countries and moved by the interest in promoting cooperation in the fields of culture , education, communication, youth and sport, they have decided to conclude this Convention, and for this reason have agreed as follows:
ARTICLE 1o. The signatory parties undertake to promote cooperation in the field of education. To achieve this goal, they agree:
1. Promote and expand cooperation between schools and Colombian higher education institutions and schools and Greek institutions of tertiary education.
2. Promote, on a reciprocal basis, teaching their language, history, literature, culture and other aspects of national life, in educational institutions, subject to the consent of the respective competent authorities of both States.
3. Tend exchange of Colombian teachers in higher education and Greek tertiary education and support their research.
4. Promote the organization and holding of congresses, conferences and meetings and attend the respective invitations.
5. Assign to exchange scholarships and senior students for undergraduate and postgraduate studies.
6. Share the results of experience at all levels of schooling, as well as in other fields of education.
. The signatory parties undertake to promote:
1. The development of initiatives to help disseminate their literature. For this purpose the corresponding translations be made into Castilian and Greek.
2. The promotion of art, culture and the different jobs that are ahead through television, radio, theater, cinema, concerts and exhibitions.
3. The exchange of books and cultural publications.
4. The organization of conferences, exhibitions, artistic events, film festivals and sporting events, through the competent bodies of each of the parties.
5. Holding conferences and international meetings related to cultural issues, as well as international sporting events.
6. Cooperation between art schools, libraries, theaters and other cultural institutions.
7. The contacts between associations of writers, composers, painters, sculptors, graphic artists, architects, actors, musicians and cinematographers.
8. The exchange of visits of experts in conservation of architectural works, museums and cultural heritage in general.
9. Progress in research in the cultural field by facilitating access to archives, libraries and other necessary documentation, in accordance with the regulations of each country.
10. As exchanges of artists and artistic groups.
ARTICLE 3o. To facilitate cooperation covered by this Agreement, in the field of media, the Parties:
1. They facilitate cooperation between news agencies, organizations eriódicos, radio and television.
2. They will support the exchange of visits by representatives of the press and radio and television organizations.
3. They will support the exchange of press materials and radio and television programs.
4. They facilitate cooperation in the film sector.
. The two sides agree to promote:
1. The participation of their representatives in international sports events and competitions to organize a party.
2. Cooperation between sports associations of the two countries.
The 5th ARTICLE. For the proper implementation of this Agreement, the Parties shall establish a Colombo-Greek Committee shall meet once every two (2) years, in plenary and alternately, once in Colombia and again in Greece, with the aim of develop plans and programs to develop cooperation and define their financial terms.
Plans and programs determined by the Committee will be implemented through diplomatic channels.
All exchanges try this Agreement shall be conducted Obre a reciprocal basis.
. Any dispute that may arise from the interpretation or application of this Agreement shall be settled by the procedures laid down by international law for the peaceful settlement of disputes, applying first the common agreement of the Parties.
Article 7. This Agreement shall be subject to the constitutional and legal requirements established by each of the parties to its improvement and enter into force on the date of exchange of instruments of ratification.
. This Agreement will have a duration of five (5) years, automatically renewable for the same period unless either party gives written notice to the other of its intention to terminate it with a notice of six (6) months from the date of expiry of the respective term.
Article 9. This Agreement may be terminated by either party by written notice which shall take effect six (6) months after the date of receipt of the notification.
Unless otherwise agreed by the parties, termination or termination of this Agreement shall not affect the continuation of programs and projects under implementation.
Made in Rome at twenty (20) days of the month
December 1990, in two (2) copies
each in Castilian language and Greek, being
both equally valid and authentic.
For the Government of the Republic of Colombia, Luis Fernando Jaramillo Correa
For the Government of the Hellenic Republic,
The undersigned Head of the Legal Office of the Ministry
That this faithful reproduction is taken from the original copy of the "Agreement on Cultural Cooperation between the Government of the Republic of Colombia and the Government of the Hellenic Republic ", signed in Rome on December 20, 1990, which lies in the archives of the Legal Office of the Ministry.
Given in Bogota, DC, on the twenty (22) days
of February in 1994 (1994).
VARELA HECTOR ADOLFO Sintura,
Head of the Legal Office. RAMA
PUBLIC POWER EXECUTIVE PRESIDENCY OF THE REPUBLIC
Approved. Submit to the consideration of the honorable
National Congress for constitutional purposes.
(Sgd.) César Gaviria Trujillo.
The Minister of Foreign Affairs,
(Sgd.) RUBIO Noemi Sanin. DECREES
ARTICLE 1o. To approve the "Cultural Agreement between the Government of the Republic of Colombia and the Government of the Hellenic Republic", signed in Rome on 20 December 1990. Article 2.
. In accordance with the provisions of article 1. 7a Act. 1944, the "Cultural Agreement between the Government of the Republic of Colombia and the Government of the Hellenic Republic", signed in Rome on December 20, 1990, that article 1. of this Act is approved, it will force the country from the date the international link regarding the same is perfected.
ARTICLE 3o. This Law governs from the date of publication.
The President of the honorable Senate, GUILLERMO JUAN ANGEL MEJIA
The Secretary General of the honorable Senate,
PUMAREJO PEDRO VEGA.
The President of the honorable House of Representatives
BENEDETTI ALVARO VARGAS.
The Secretary General of the honorable House of Representatives, DIEGO VIVAS
REPUBLIC OF COLOMBIA - NATIONAL GOVERNMENT
published and execute.
After review of the Constitutional Court, pursuant to Article 241-10
of the Constitution.
Given in Bogota, DC, 3 August 1995.
Ernesto Samper Pizano Minister of Foreign Affairs,
RODRIGO GARCIA-PARDO PEÑA.
The Minister of National Education, EMMA MEJIA VELEZ MARIA