1995 ACT 205
Official Journal No. 41,954, August 4, 1995
through which the Cultural Convention is approved
among the Government of the Republic of Colombia
and the Government of the Hellenic Republic, subscribed to
in Rome on December 20, 1990.
THE CONGRESS OF COLOMBIA,
Having regard to the text of the "Cultural Convention between the Government of the Republic of Colombia and the Government of the Hellenic Republic", signed in Rome on 20 December 1990.
Convention on Cultural Cooperation between the Government of the Republic of Colombia and the Government of the Hellenic Republic.
® The Government of the Republic of Colombia and the Government of the Hellenic Republic, guided by the desire to strengthen and develop the friendly relations between the two countries and moved in the interest of promoting cooperation in the fields of Culture, education, communication, youth and sport have decided to conclude this Convention, and for this reason they have agreed:
ARTICLE 1o. The signatory Parties undertake to promote cooperation in the field of education. To achieve this goal, they agree:
1. Promote and expand cooperation between Colombian schools and institutions of higher education and schools and Greek institutions of the third level of education.
2. To promote, in a reciprocal way, the teaching of their language, their history, their literature, their culture and other aspects of their national life, in educational institutions, prior to the consent of the respective competent authorities of both States.
3. To promote the exchange of Colombian teaching staff of higher education and the third level of education in education and to support their research.
4. To promote the organization and conduct of congresses, conferences and meetings and to attend the respective invitations.
5. To assign scholarships and to exchange students from a higher level to carry out pre and post-graduate studies.
6. Exchange the results of experiences at all levels of education, as well as in other fields of education.
ARTICLE 2o. Signatory Parties commit to promote:
1. The development of initiatives that help to disseminate their literature. For this purpose the corresponding translations will be made to the Spanish and Greek.
2. The dissemination of art, culture and the various works that are brought forward through television, radio, theatre, cinema, concerts and exhibitions.
3. The exchange of books and publications of cultural content.
4. The organization of conferences, exhibitions, artistic events, film festivals and sports meetings, through the competent bodies of each of the parties.
5. The holding of conferences and international meetings related to cultural matters, as well as international sports meetings.
6. Cooperation between art schools, libraries, theatres and other institutions of culture.
7. Contacts between the associations of writers, composers, painters, sculptors, graphic artists, architects, actors, musicians and cinematographers.
8. The exchange of visits by experts in the conservation of architectural works, museums and in general of cultural heritage.
9. The advance in research in the cultural field facilitating access to archives, libraries and other necessary documentation, in accordance with the regulations of each country.
10. The realization of exchanges of artists and artistic groups.
ARTICLE 3o. To facilitate the cooperation of this Agreement, in the field of media, the Parties shall:
1. They shall facilitate cooperation between news agencies, eriodic organisations, radio and television.
2. They will support the exchange of visits by representatives of the press and radio and television organisations.
3. They will support the exchange of press material and radio and television programmes.
4. They will facilitate cooperation in the film sector.
ARTICLE 4. The two parties commit to promote:
1. The participation of their representatives in international sports events and competitions that will be organized by one of the parties.
2. The cooperation between sports associations of the two countries.
ARTICLE 5o. For the good development of this Agreement, the Parties shall establish a Colombo-Greek Committee to meet once every two (2) years, in plenary session and otherwise, once in Colombia. and again in Greece, with the aim of drawing up plans and programmes to develop cooperation and define its financial terms.
Plans and programs to be determined by the Committee will be implemented through diplomatic channels.
All exchanges in the case of this Agreement shall be carried out on a basis of reciprocity.
ARTICLE 6o. Any controversy that may arise from the interpretation or application of this Agreement shall be settled by the procedures provided for in the International Law for the Peaceful Solution of the disputes, first applying the common agreement of the Parties.
ARTICLE 7o. This Agreement shall be subject to the constitutional and legal requirements established by each of the parties for further processing and shall enter into force on the date of the Exchange of Instruments of Ratification.
ARTICLE 8. This Agreement shall be for a period of five (5) years, automatically extendable for the same term, unless one of the parties informs the other in writing of its intention to do so. finished at a time of six (6) months prior to the expiry date of the respective term.
ARTICLE 9o. This Agreement may be denounced by either party through written communication that will have effects, six (6) months after the date of receipt of the corresponding notification.
Unless otherwise agreed by the Parties, the termination or denunciation of this Agreement shall not affect the continuation of the programs and projects in execution.
Made in the city of Rome at twenty (20) days of the month
December of a thousand nine hundred and ninety, in two (2) copies,
each in Spanish and Greek language,
being both equally valid and authenticos¯.
By the Government of the Republic of Colombia,
LUIS FERNANDO JARAMILLO CORREA,
Minister of Foreign Affairs.
By the Government of the Hellenic Republic,
Minister of External Relations.
The undersigned Head of the Legal Office
of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs
That the present reproduction is a faithful photocopy taken from the original of the "Convention of Cultural Cooperation between the Government of the Republic of Colombia and the Government of the Hellenic Republic", signed in Rome on 20 December 1990, which rests on the archives of the Legal Office of this Ministry.
Dada en Santafe de Bogota, D.C., at twenty-two (22) days
of the month of February of a thousand nine hundred and ninety-four (1994).
HECTOR ADOLFO SINTURA VARELA,
Head of the Legal Office.
EXECUTIVE BRANCH OF PUBLIC POWER
REPUBLIC OF THE REPUBLIC
Santafe de Bogota, D.C.
Approved. Submit to the honorable consideration
National Congress for Constitutional Effects.
(Fdo.) CESAR GAVIRIA TRUJILLO.
The Foreign Minister,
(Fdo.) NOEMI SANIN DE RUBIO.
ARTICLE 1o. Approve the "Cultural Convention between the Government of the Republic of Colombia and the Government of the Hellenic Republic", signed in Rome on 20 December 1990.
ARTICLE 2o. In accordance with the provisions of Article 1o. of Law 7a. In 1944, the "Cultural Convention between the Government of the Republic of Colombia and the Government of the Hellenic Republic", signed in Rome on 20 December 1990, was signed by Article 1. of this Law is approved, will force the country from the date on which the international link with respect to it is perfected.
ARTICLE 3o. This Law governs from the date of its publication.
The President of the honorable Senate of the Republic,
JUAN GUILLERMO ANGEL MEJIA.
The Secretary General of the honorable Senate of the Republic,
PEDRO PUMAREJO VEGA.
The President of the honorable House of Representatives,
ALVARO BENEDETTI VARGAS.
The Secretary General of the honorable House of Representatives,
DIEGO VIVAS TAFUR.
Publish and execute.
Prior to its review of the Constitutional Court, as
to Article 241-10 of the Political Constitution.
Dada en Santafe de Bogota, D.C., 3 August 1995.
ERNESTO SAMPER PIZANO
The Foreign Minister,
RODRIGO PARDO GARCIA-PENA.
The Minister of National Education,
MARIA EMMA MEJIA VELEZ.