Regulatory CIRCULARS on the management and use of the international standard book number _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ pursuant to the law published on November 20, 2012;
Pursuant to Decree No. 195/2013/ND-CP on November 21, 2013 the Government detailing some things law enforcement measures and published;
Pursuant to Decree No. 132/2013/ND-CP dated 16 October, 2013 of the Government functions, tasks, powers and organizational structure of the Ministry of information and communications;
At the suggestion of the Director of publishing, printed and released;
The Minister of information and communication issued regulation circulars on the management and use of the international standard book number.
Chapter I GENERAL PROVISIONS article 1. Scope and objects 1. This circular detailed rules and instructions for the granting, management, technical requirements, position, size, color, how write international standard book number-International Standard Books Number (hereinafter referred to as ISBN codes).
2. This circular applies to the following objects: a) the Bureau published, printed and released;
Article 2. The Agency's responsibility to manage code ISBN 1. The Bureau published, printed and issued as the Agency managed code ISBN in Vietnam is responsible for granting, management and recovery of the ISBN code.
2. Each year, the Bureau published, printed and issued reports on the situation to use code ISBN in Vietnam and for activities organized premium ISBN international.
3. Pursuant to the situation using the ISBN code of the Publisher, the Bureau published, printed and issued are responsible for planning the allocation source code ISBN, making additional adjustments, the head of the Organization of the International ISBN when there is demand.
Article 3. Reporting The Publisher publishing Bureau reports, print and publish on the use of the ISBN code is granted, the notification code ISBN not used before 31 March of the year after the year granted code ISBN.
Article 4. The object to write code ISBN Publisher must write code ISBN on the book and book form documents, including maps, electronic books, Braille books (hereinafter referred to as the book).
Chapter II CREATE and USE CODE ISBN article 5. The principle of creating and using code ISBN 1. ISBN codes are created and used in Vietnam is ISBN-13 and must integrate with standard EAN-13 barcode, ensure the following requirements: a) read by machine or software to read common code;
b) contains information of the books prescribed in clause 1 6 of this circular;
c) has links to information of publications in the database system of the Department published, printed and released;
d) conform to international practices and rules of the law of Vietnam.
2. The Publisher must create and use the integrated barcode ISBN code.
Article 6. Integrated database with code ISBN 1. The ISBN code integrated with barcode EAN-13 must contain the following information: a) the name of the Publisher;
c) author's name, the name of the translator (for books);
d) year of publication;
DD) framework, page numbers;
g) plot summary, themes, themes;
h) confirmation number register published by the Bureau published, printed and released;
I) Of the decision published by the Publisher;
k) number of prints, the print facility name and address (if the book is in print);
l) capacity (byte), format, website address posted or the name of the provider (if electronic books);
m) the name and address of partner links (if available);
n) sale price (if any).
2. In addition to the information specified in paragraph 1 of this article, the Publisher can create a separate database to connect with integrated bar code ISBN code. General Manager (Director) Publisher is responsible for the content of this database.
Article 7. Location and presents code ISBN 1. For print: a) ISBN barcode integration code is printed in the bottom right corner of the cover 4. If the books are printed on the cover, then covers upholstery;
b) above the bar code must have the words "ISBN" and followed by the components of the code, separated by hyphens. Part number ranges below coincides with the above, but without the hyphen (as in the illustration).
In addition, the page numbers published decision (hereafter referred to as "copyright") to write the code ISBN numbers (such as the sequence of digits above the barcode in the illustration);
c) insofar as there are multiple: each episode's copyright footer added the ISBN code number format of all the other episodes (if published);
d) translated books case: copyright page notes the Last code of the original book's ISBN (if available);
DD) where books are published in many different formats: bottom of the page of each copyright recording format code more ISBN numbers of all other formats (if published).
2. for electronic books: a) for book publishing, released on the Internet or on other electronic media: integrated bar code ISBN codes are recorded in the first interface or the interface displays the title or copyright page of the book interface;
b) for books CD, CD-ROM, DVD, VCD: integrated bar code ISBN codes are recorded on the label fixed on the object.
Article 8. Technical requirements for bar codes EAN-13 when integrated with code ISBN 1. Size: a) standard size of the barcode height 22, 85 mm, width 35 mm, 31. If shortening the height to make sure to recognize the barcode reader;
b) where narrow barcode placement on both dimensions, can shrink but not shrink rate below 80% in comparison with standard size;
c) barcode, zoom case must make sure the zoom rate does not exceed 200% compared to standard size.
2. The space to the left of the ISBN code minimum is 3, 63mm, to a minimum of 2, 31mm.
3. Color: a standard barcode printer) with black on a white background. Also, can print bar codes with the deep blue or dark brown. Not print bar codes with the yellow, Orange, red. The barcode is printed with single color; not print color husband; not in the form "t'ram";
b) background of the bar code standard is white. In addition, you can use the background yellow, Orange, pale pink.
Chapter III, article 9 the ISBN CODE RECOVERY. Code-level principles ISBN 1. Each title in the following cases are granted a distinct ISBN code: a) Books published;
b) books republished that repair content, additional;
c) books and publications with multiple languages and printed individually for each language;
d) books of the same content published under different forms (books in hardcover, the book in paperback, books with disks, electronic books, Braille books);
e) books of the same content but different about one of the data specified in clause 1 6 of this circular Thing (except the price).
2. Code ISBN has been issued and used for a title cannot change or level back to other titles.
3. The Publisher only ISBN code used has been directly once for each title, not reissued, ISBN code assignment for the Publisher or agency, other organization.
Article 10. How to code-level Local publishing, ISBN printed and released the code for ISBN numbers attached to confirm registration published for each title.
Article 11. The revocation code ISBN 1. The Bureau published, printed and issued the revocation code ISBN granted for cases code ISBN not used as specified.
2. how to recover the code Publisher ISBN: return code ISBN has been granted through the annual report prescribed in article 3 of this circular.
Chapter IV the TERMS OF IMPLEMENTATION of article 12. Effect 1. This circular effect since August 2016.
2. Office, Director of publishing, printed and released, the heads of relevant organizations, is responsible for the implementation of this circular.
3. In the process of implementation, if any problems arise or difficult problems, suggest the Agency held to reflect in writing on the Ministry of information and communication (through the Bureau published, printed and released) to consider and resolve.