Read the untranslated law here: https://parlamento.gub.uy/documentosyleyes/leyes/ley/19340
Board of transparency and ethics public (JUTEP) creating how service decentralized the Senate and the Chamber of representatives of the Republic East of the Uruguay, gathered at General Assembly, Decree: chapter I creation and tasks article 1. (Creation)-created the Board for transparency and public ethics (JUTEP) as a decentralized service, which shall deal with the Executive branch through the Ministry of education and culture and will have technical independence in the exercise of their functions. The body which creates replaces the executing unit 022 "Board of transparency and public ethics" of subsection 11 "Ministry of education and culture" and will have the responsibilities, powers and organization that this law determines. The JUTEP is legal entity and domiciliará in Montevideo, being able to establish offices in the rest of the country. Article 2º. (Cometidos principales).-transparency and public ethics (JUTEP) Board will have the following tasks: 1) advice at the national level in respect of the offences set forth by the law No. 17.060 of 23 December 1998, against the public administration (title IV, excluding chapters IV and V of the Criminal Code) and against the economy and public finances (Title IX of the Criminal Code) that they are charged to one or more public servants listed in articles 10 and 11 of the law No. 17.060 of 23 December 1998 and other required.
(2) to advise the courts with criminal jurisdiction, issuing opinion within the framework of their matter, the judiciary or the public prosecutor's Office have it. The performance of the JUTEP in the accomplishment of its mission shall be governed by the provisions of section V, chapter III, title VI, book I of the General code of the process, in the applicable.
(3) obtain and systematize all the documentary evidence that there were necessary for clarification of the complaints made on Commission of crimes included in the text of the law No. 17.060 of 23 December 1998, since the competent court or the public prosecutor's Office so arrange it.
The JUTEP will have sixty days to the accomplishment of the mission indicated, and may ask the judge, once the extension of the deadline, which will be granted whenever there is merit enough for this purpose, for a maximum of thirty days. Expired the term or the extension in your case, the JUTEP sent to the organ that legally appropriate to receive the gathered antecedents. These will be accompanied by an explanatory report of the correlation with the facts.
(4) promote regulations, training and outreach programs to strengthen the transparency of public management.
(5) also will have the tasks provided for in chapters III and IV of the law No. 17.060 of 23 December 1998, for which you can contact through the intervening judicial body or the representative of the public prosecutor's Office, to any public directory, in order to request documents and other necessary elements for clarification by the judge of the facts alleged.
(6) receive, manage and preserve the declarations sworn that try to articles 10 et seq. of the law No. 17.060 of 23 December 1998.
(7) to exercise the function of body of superior control in accordance with article III paragraph 9 of the Inter-American Convention against corruption in order to prevent, detect, punish and eradicate corrupt practices.
(8) relate to foreign and international agencies with reference to the subject matter of its jurisdiction. Section 3. (Cometidos accesorios).-transparency Board for the performance of their duties and public ethics (JUTEP) will have the following tasks Accessories: 1) gather, when it deems appropriate, information on the conditions of regularity and impartiality with which are prepared, they formalize and execute the procurement of goods, construction and services.
(2) to determine, at the request of the person concerned, if it must file the affidavit of goods and income referred to in chapter V of the law No. 17.060 of 23 December 1998.
(3) propose changes to rules on matters within its competence.
(4) develop and make public an annual report which will be elevated to the Executive, legislative and Judicial. Article 4.-the Board of transparency and public ethics (JUTEP) will be, when it needs, with the legal advice of the Prosecutor's Court and Procurator-General of the nation. Chapter II management and administration article 5. (Organization and operation)-the management and administration of the Board of transparency and public ethics (JUTEP) shall be exercised by a Board composed of three paid members: a President, a Vice-President and a member, who shall be appointed by the President of the Republic, acting with the Council of Ministers, with permission of the Chamber of Senators always granted by three-fifths of votes of the total number of components , between people of recognized experience and professional and moral solvency. The President of the Republic, in agreement with the Council of Ministers, may dismiss by resolution founded members of the JUTEP with permission of the Senate granted by the same majority required for designation. If the Senate is not issued in the term of sixty days, the Executive branch can make effective dismissal. 6 article. (Atribuciones deel Directorio).-powers of the Board are: 1) manage the heritage of the transparency and public ethics (JUTEP) Board.
(2) to exercise the upper address administrative, technical and inspection and control of all the services in charge.
(3) supervise and monitor the implementation of the tasks and comply with the provisions relating to them, as well as to dictate the rules and regulations that are necessary.
(4) approving the General Regulation of the JUTEP.
(5) project and raise the Executive power to its effects, the official status of the JUTEP.
(6) appoint, promote, move and dismiss officials of its dependence, and may perform engagements that were necessary and exercise disciplinary powers above all staff, in accordance with the regulations in force.
(7) the budget of the JUTEP project and raise it to the Executive Branch, for the purposes of article 220 of the Constitution of the Republic.
(8) approve the annual report and the balance of the JUTEP.
(9) acquire, encumber and dispose of all kinds of goods.
(10) lease directly the properties that are necessary for its dependencies.
(11) make loans or loans with international agencies, institutions or foreign Governments, subject to the provisions of the fourth subparagraph of article 185 of the Constitution of the Republic.
(12) delegate its authority, by resolution established, in other organs of the own JUTEP, as well as take over matters that were the subject of delegation.
(13) appoint delegates or representatives of the JUTEP to bodies, congresses, meetings or conferences.
(14) dealing with matters which the Chairman of the Board or any of its members to submit your inquiry or its decision.
(15) in general perform all acts that correspond and perform the material operations inherent to its general powers of administration, pursuant to the responsibilities of the JUTEP. 7 article. ((President).-the President or the Vice President, in his case, is: 1) represent the transparency and public ethics (JUTEP) Board.
(2) to convene and preside over the sessions of the Board.
(3) execute and enforce the resolutions of the Board.
(4) take emergency measures when necessary, informing the directory in the first session and being in this ruling.
(5) sign with the Board member or officer designated by the directory, all acts and contracts that involved the JUTEP.
(6) the rules which must approve directory, without prejudice to the initiative that may also exercise other project directors.
(7) sign and do publish the cent within twenty calendar days following the close of the exercise and prior approval of the Board, the annual balance sheet, in accordance with article 191 of the Constitution of the Republic and send it to the Executive branch. Article 8. (Quorum of directory).-to operate and meet the directory shall require a quorum of two members, unless the General Regulation specified the unanimity of its members to meet. 9 article. (Temporary vacancy).-in case of absence or incapacity of the President or if the position is vacant, the duties shall be exercised temporarily by the Vice President. Article 10. (Responsibility of the directors)-the members of the Board are responsible for the resolutions voted in violation of the Constitution, laws or regulations. The directory sent to the Ministry of education and culture testimony of the minutes of its deliberations and copy of its resolutions. They are exempted from this responsibility managers that: 1) being present would have been recorded on record his dissent with the resolution adopted and the basis that motivated him.
2) had been absent from the session in which adopted resolution, long as they do recorded on record his dissent at the first opportunity where possible. Article 11. (Compensation).-the remuneration of the directors of the Board of transparency and public ethics (JUTEP) will be the same as perceived at the time of the adoption of this law the members of the Executive Unit 022 "Board of transparency and public ethics" of subsection 11 "Ministry of education and culture". They are included in the regime's existing encumbrance. Chapter III patrimony and resources article 12. ((Heritage)-the heritage of the transparency and public ethics (JUTEP) Board will integrate follows: 1) assets and liabilities of any nature of the executing unit 022 "Board of transparency and public ethics" of subsection 11 "Ministry of education and culture", that are transferred from full right to the decentralized service created by this law. The Executive power shall determine by resolution the immovable covered by this transfer and public records will proceed to registration with the single submission of notarial testimony of that resolution.
(2) donations or bequests received.
(3) transfers of assets that any title make you the Central Government, departmental governments and any other agency of the State. Article 13. ((Resources).-resources of the transparency and public ethics (JUTEP) Board will integrate follows: 1) budgetary allocations established laws.
(2) donations or bequests received. Article 14. (Officials)-officials belonging to the executing unit 022 "Board of transparency and public ethics" of subsection 11 "Ministry of education and culture" will be incorporated into the body created in article 1 of this law by the redistribution mechanism provided for in articles 15 et seq. of the law Nº 18.719, on December 27, 2010, in as appropriate. Such officials will maintain their rights, duties and obligations, in particular with regards to remuneration regulations currently in force. Officials currently meeting functions by passes in Committee or on secondment in the executing unit 022 "Board of transparency and ethics public" section 11 "Ministry of education and culture", will have a period of sixty days to opt to join the new service whenever required by the body that is created or returned to your office of origin. Who opt to join the new agency created by the Act, will keep the total of pay and seniority in the public administration. The General accounting of the nation will make effective reallocations of budget credits in order to give full compliance to the provisions of this law. Article 15. (Passes in Committee).-authorize the Board of transparency and public ethics (JUTEP) to provide by resolution established, up to three passes in Committee, in accordance with the provisions of article 32 of the law Nº 15.851, of 24 December 1986, amending and concordant. Chapter VI transitional provisions article 16. (Budget).-up to not punish the first budget for decentralised service that is created by this law shall remain in force which at the date of its promulgation had 022 executing unit "Board of transparency and public ethics" paragraph 11 "Ministry of education and culture" including the totality of budgetary appropriations, whatever its nature. Article 17. (Directory)-the first directory of the service decentralized created by this law will be made by current members and the same charges for which were promptly named the executing unit 022 "Board of transparency and public ethics" of subsection 11 "Ministry of education and culture". The members of the first Board of the Board of transparency and ethics public (JUTEP) service decentralized, will continue in their positions until the date provided at the time of their designation to integrate the ancient JUTEP. Article 18. (Remission)-all other rules that currently regulates the responsibilities, powers and internal organisation of the Executive Unit 022 "Of transparency and ethics public meeting" in paragraph 11 "Ministry of education and culture" shall apply to the agency created by this law as compatible with their nature decentralized service. Hall of sessions of the House of representatives, in Montevideo, August 18, 2015. ALEJANDRO SANCHEZ, President.
Virginia Ortiz, Secretary. Ministry of education and culture Montevideo, August 28, 2015. Met, acknowledge receipt, communicate, publish, and inserted into the national registry of laws and decrees, the law that creates the transparency and public ethics (JUTEP), as a decentralized service Board. TABARÉ VÁZQUEZ.
MARIA JULIA MUNOZ.
Search Translated Laws of Uruguay