Read the untranslated law here: https://www.tbmm.gov.tr/kanunlar/k5480.html
Law No. 5480
Acceptance Date: 30/03/2006
ARTICLE 1 - which was signed in Brussels on 10 September 2004, "the Republic of Turkey to the European Union between Turkey Republic of Macedonia European Union in the former Yugoslav Republic Police Mission (EUPOL-PROXIMA) Agreement on the Participation" were appropriate approval n.
ARTICLE 2 - This Law shall enter into force on the date of publication.
Article 3 - This Law shall be enforced by the Council of Ministers.
THE REPUBLIC OF TURKEY AND THE EUROPEAN UNION BETWEEN TURKEY
REPUBLIC OF MACEDONIA FORMER YUGOSLAV REPUBLIC OF THE EUROPEAN UNION POLICE MISSION in the (EUPOL "PROXIMA") AGREEMENT ON THE PARTICIPATION
After the "Exhibitor parties ", hereinafter referred to as,
on one side and the other side the European Union REPUBLIC oF TURKEY
- the European Union (EU) Council of the EU Police Mission in the Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia (EUPOL" PROXIMA ") regarding, the invitation of the States acceding to the EU and other third countries of the EUPOL" indicating PROXIMA "or may be invited to contribute, September 29, 2003 2003/681 / CFSP acceptance of the icon Joint Action document
- the Republic of Turkey EUPOL "PROXIMA" or to be invited to participate,
- Force successfully completed the presence of the constitution process and Mission Civilian Aspects of Crisis Management and Police Chief Committee of the Republic of Turkey to EUPOL "PROXIMA" or recommendations on the adoption of participation,
- political and Security Committee of the Republic of Turkey EUPOL "PROXIMA" or contributory of acceptance on February 10, 2004 judgment of the
- EUPOL "PROXIMA" on Macedonia the Former Yugoslav Republic status and activities in, EUPOL "PROXIMA" personnel It contains provisions relating to the status of agreements concluded on 11 December 2003 between the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia with the EU
CONSIDERING; HAVE AGREED in
FOLLOWS: Article 1.- Framework
1. The Republic of Turkey, which was adopted in on 29 September 2003 by the European Council in EUPOL "PROXIMA" or on 2003/681 / CFSP icon Joint Action document provisions and EUPOL by the EU Council "PROXIMA" shall deem any Joint Action or itself bound by the decision relating to the extension .
2. The Republic of Turkey EUPOL "PROXIMA" is without prejudice to the contribution of the EU's decision-making autonomy.
Article 2.- Personnel Statute. EUPOL by the Republic of Turkey "PROXIMA" in the status of the designated personnel between FYROM and the EU, EUPOL "PROXIMA" about Macedonia the status and activities in the former Yugoslav Republic shall be determined by the Agreement concluded on 11 December 2003.
2. The Republic of Turkey, EUPOL "PROXIMA" or personnel involved jurisdiction over, between the EU and Macedonia, the Former Yugoslav Republic of EUPOL "PROXIMA" will use Macedonia Without prejudice to the agreement on the status and activities in the former Yugoslav Republic of prejudice in. 3
. The Republic of Turkey, EUPOL "PROXIMA", or in connection with participation, will be responsible for responding to all requests concerning the incoming or their staff from their staff. The Republic of Turkey against its own staff, especially all kinds will be responsible for the related litigation filed or discipline ..
4. The Republic of Turkey, EUPOL "PROXIMA" or participating against any state, the injuries of the Republic of Turkey personnel, death or EUPOL "PROXIMA" used by, its own arising from loss or damage to any assets from all claims, these types of injuries, death, damage or loss ,
- except for gross negligence or willful mismanagement of state, EUPOL "by PROXIMA" personnel, during the execution of the action in related tasks or
- EUPOL "PROXIMA" of any property they own, or participating State in connection with the military operation and said EUPOL using the asset of "PROXIMA" personnel, except for gross negligence or willful mismanagement condition that case is to abandon the event to find due to the use
5. EU Member States, the Republic of Turkey to EUPOL "PROXIMA for" or participation, undertake to make a declaration on waiving the claim.
Article 3. Classified Information
1. The Republic of Turkey, the EU of classified information, 19 March 2001 2001/264 / EC simgeli1 Council located in the EU Council's security regulations in the decision and EUPOL "PROXIMA" Head of Mission / Police Commissioner, including can be given by the competent authorities additional guidelines to ensure the protection and shall take appropriate measures as appropriate.
2. for the exchange of classified information between the EU and the Republic of Turkey in case of concluding an agreement on security procedures, the provisions of the said Agreement EUPOL "PROXIMA" in the context will be valid.
Article 4-EUPOL "PROXIMA" for Assigned Staff
1. The Republic of Turkey EUPOL "PROXIMA" the task of the staff assigned to will enable the undertaking in accordance with the following:
- 2003/681 / CFSP icon Joint Action Document and subsequent amendments referred to in the first paragraph of the first article of this Agreement,
- Action Plan and | || - Implementation measures.
2. The Republic of Turkey EUPOL "PROXIMA" or contribution of any changes will occur EUPOL "PROXIMA" Head of Mission / Police Director and will report timely to the Secretariat of the EU Council. 3
. EUPOL "PROXIMA" medical examination by the competent authorities of the Republic of Turkey personnel assigned with the task will be given the vaccine will be made and approved by a medical report that he could make. EUPOL "PROXIMA" said staff who will serve will provide a copy of the report.
4. Police officers will serve their national police uniforms. Rank and caps EUPOL "PROXIMA" will be provided by.
(1) OJ L 101, 11.4.2001, p.1. Article 5- 1
Command Chain. personnel assigned by the Republic of Turkey, which exclusively carry out its tasks and the behavior of EUPOL "PROXIMA" will perform in line with the interests.
2. All personnel shall remain under the full command of their national authorities. 3
. National authorities Operational Control (OPCON), command and control of EUPOL which will be carried out in a hierarchical command and control "PROXIMA" Head of Mission / Police will be transferred to the Director.
4. Head of Mission / Police Commissioner of the EUPOL "PROXIMA" will manage the day to day management and will assume the year.
5. The Republic of Turkey 2003/681 / CFSP symbol in accordance with paragraph 4 of Article 9 of the Joint Action document, with the same rights as EU member states participating in the operation in terms of daily operations and management will have obligations.
6. EUPOL "PROXIMA" Head of Mission / Police Commissioner shall be responsible for disciplinary control over the personnel action. Disciplinary action will be required by national authorities.
7. The Republic of Turkey, a National Focal Point to represent the Union in the operation of national unity (NPC) shall be appointed. NPCs about national issues EUPOL "PROXIMA" Head of Mission / Police will inform the Director and will be responsible for the association's daily discipline.
8. The decision to end the operation, the Republic of Turkey is still on the offensive end to EUPOL "PROXIMA" or condition that contributes shall be taken by the EU by holding consultations with the government. Article 6. The Financial Aspects
1. All costs associated with participation in the Republic of Turkey operations, as specified in the operational budget of the operation except for those subject to EU co-financing will be undertaken.
2. The Republic of Turkey will consider voluntary contributions by nature. 3
. In the case of contributions in this kind of voluntary nature, EUPOL "PROXIMA" Head of Mission / Police Commissioner of the administrative units of the Republic of Turkey, the Republic of Turkey to EUPOL "PROXIMA" an arrangement on the contributions of the procedures and practices of the payment to the operational budget will be concluded. This arrangement shall include provisions to inter alia:
(a) the amount,
(b) the arrangements for payment of the financial contribution,
(c) inspection procedure.
4. lost against the natural or legal person from Macedonia, the former Yugoslav Republic, damage, injury, or in case of death is concerned, the Republic of Turkey, in the event of detection of responsibility stipulated in the current Mission Status Agreement referred to in the first paragraph of the second article of the Agreement pay compensation under the conditions. Article 7. The Contracting Parties of not does not comply
if someone registered to fulfill their obligations under this Agreement, provided that the other party with one month prior notice will be entitled to terminate the Agreement. Settlement of Disputes Article 8-
This dispute arising from the interpretation or implementation of the Agreement between the Parties shall be settled through diplomatic channels.
Article 9. Entry into Force 1. This Agreement, on which the necessary internal procedures of the Parties have completed the first month following the notification to each other shall enter into force on the first day.
2. This Agreement may be amended on the basis of mutual written agreement of the Parties. Amendments shall enter into force in accordance with the procedures specified in the first paragraph. 3
. This Agreement may be terminated by either of the parties in writing to the other Party by giving notice of termination. Such a termination will be effective six months after the notification of receipt by the other Party.
Brussels on 10 September 2004, it has been signed in four copies in English.
EUROPEAN UNION OF THE REPUBLIC OF TURKEY
ON BEHALF OF ON BEHALF
Search Translated Laws of Turkey