Read the untranslated law here: https://www.tbmm.gov.tr/kanunlar/k5507.html
Law No. 5507 Date: 23/5/2006 article 1-15 July 2004, signed in Ankara on "the Government of the Republic of Turkey, and the European Space Agency For Peaceful Exploration and use of outer space between the Cooperation Agreement" to be approved.
Article 2-this law comes into force the date of promulgation.
Article 3-the provisions of this law, the Council of Ministers.
The GOVERNMENT of TURKEY, and the EUROPEAN SPACE AGENCY for PEACEFUL EXPLORATION and USE of OUTER SPACE BETWEEN the COOPERATION AGREEMENT, the Government of Turkey (hereinafter referred to as "Turkey") and the European Space Agency, 30 May 1975 Convention opened for signature in Paris (Treaty) was established with and entered into force on 30 October 1980.
(hereinafter referred to as the "Agency")
(hereinafter referred to as "parties", as both will be talking about the post your suggestions), signed on January 27, 1967, and Turkey and also the Agency's Member States favoured, including outer space Exploration of the Moon and other Gökcisimleri and should be used with the corresponding provisions of the Treaty on Principles governing the activities held in the States, taking into account that the purpose of the Agency, Among the European States only peaceful purposes, space exploration, space technology and their applications to promote is to provide RECALLING Turkey's desire to cooperate with the Agency taking into account that had, between the parties regarding the use of peaceful outer space activities will intensify cooperation on mutually beneficial and to establish mechanisms which will facilitate with the DESIRE, the European Space Agency Convention (Treaty) II and XIV. 1 item, taking into account the benefits that such a cooperation will provide both sides with CONVICTION.
The FOLLOWING TOPICS UNDER the DEAL CONCLUDED that: the aim of this agreement article 1 Purpose, only peaceful purposes, outer space exploration and usage of mutual interest of the parties, is to establish a cooperation of mutual obligations and improvement.
Article 2 areas of cooperation and Formats 1. The parties each other their space activities, programs and developments and potential areas of cooperation will educate.
2. this Agreement shall be determined by the parties, the possibility of carrying the potential cooperation fields include the following: (a) space science, particularly astronomy and Astrophysics, solar system exploration and space solar-Earth Physics;
(b) Earth observation research and applications, in particular monitoring of the environment, meteorology, atmospheric science (aeronomy), Geodesy and monitoring of major danger;
(c) telecommunications, especially service screenings and satellite navigation (navigation);
(d) micro-shooting (stop working in microgravity swam) research, especially in space biology and medicine and materials processing;
(e) systems (ground segment) engineering and use.
3. The parties, the mutual exchange of scientists and engineers and they agreed to facilitate the sharing of information.
4. The parties agree that the terms and data modifications mutually agreed, through their own networks to reach special information.
5. The parties also does the following: (a) the parties will propose candidates for fellowships and scholarships to candidates to organisers by the parties to allow the proposed education in graduate school;
(b) to organize public symposia and conferences;
(c) to participate in the efforts to encourage the exchange of experts;
(d) within the framework of Agency programmes, improved the use of the products and services and to promote joint activities related to the experience;
(e) space science, technology and the law to promote training activities in the areas.
6. Mutual Agreement was mentioned in this article with other cooperation fields and formats can be added.
Article 3 Application Formats 1. With the implementation of this agreement both parties actions will determine a point of contact and to coordinate joint activities towards more advancement measures. These contact points cooperate to proposals of the parties are pleased to announce there will be the usual paths of each other.
2. The parties further offerings in areas allocated to them and will recommend it to the common working groups can be established.
3. This agreement is 2nd Maddesindeki when specifying areas of cooperation the parties agree, each party's rights and obligations related to the specific supplementary arrangements, scientific and technical results and other leaders will discuss issues related to the current hükümlerdeki and anlaşacaklardır. Unless otherwise stated by the Turkish Government, to make such arrangements on behalf of the Government and the scientific and technical Research Council of Turkey (TUBITAK) wrongful application.
4. as indicated in paragraph 1 of the item contact private meetings between the points made by the implementation of this agreement can be reviewed about developments.
5. As a general rule, the parties, in carrying out their obligations relating to the agreement as well as the charges themselves.
Article 4 International Level Coordination 1. The parties agree that the agenda of international organizations to investigate and use of outer space in the interest in public issues, deemed appropriate, danışacaklardır each other.
2. The parties and the public may be encountered in the use of outer space legal issues studies will promote international cooperation.
Article 5 Information and data 1. The sides, space science, technology and applications of common interest in the field of technical and scientific information, dissemination of information and data by adhering to the rules related to the değiştirebilecektir. Turkey, operates the Agency's programs scientific facilities will receive announcements about.
2. during the Joint experiments or projects you will get one of the parties of the scientific and technical information, subject to rules to be mutually agreed, provided that the other side will be announced.
3. Goods, data or information which is provided to the other party as one the parties, provides at least that matter Over the field Party to the current legal system allows the protection of civil rights. The opinion by the party that provides information to special measures to be taken will be determined jointly by the parties.
Article 6 Administrative Provisions for the implementation of this agreement the parties agreed-Turkey cooperation activities of particular persons and facilitate the input of outputs and the import and export of goods related to administrative agrees to help. This is stipulated in regulations of the application at the same time help import and export-oriented, the exemption also applies to related administrative arrangements.
Article 7 mentioned in Item 3.3 above, the obligation in the application, subject to the condition that the regulations, in both parties, due to the execution of activities provided in this agreement, personnel will come from loss or damage to goods or kick, the damage intentionally or omission of the other party in the case of large States be obliged themselves outside.
Conflict resolution article 8 1. Interpretation or implementation of this agreement and disputes between the parties are resolved with mutual consultation. Consultation at the request of one of the parties disputes that cannot be resolved with an arbitration. Arbitration Board will appoint one member each from both sides and consists of a President to be elected with the agreement of the parties. The parties do not agree to choose the President of the International Court of Justice, the President's choice. The Board of referee's decision is final and binds both sides. These decisions, but also according to the rules of the Permanent Court of Arbitration and the International Organizations and States. Refereeing for France, in Paris, and will be held in the English language.
2. This agreement is pointed edits in article 3.3, parties may include their own dispute resolution provisions, therefore, may contain a reference to arbitration procedures and about styles.
Article 9 validity Duration-renewal-amendment 1. Turkey for the Government of Turkey in accordance with the legal procedures of this agreement is subject to get approved, and that upon notification of approval has been granted by the Government of Turkey enters into force.
2. This agreement will remain in force for a period of five (5) years.
3. The parties agree that this agreement is one year before the end of the results of the review of the application and the ways of such a cooperation and means of. This agreement may be extended in writing and/or can be changed with mutual agreement. If the deal ends, according to the above mentioned Item 3.3 the specific regulations in force at the time and concluded and still practices the provisions of the agreement will continue until terminated.
In Ankara, Turkey, July 15, 2004, two English original copies of original copies of two Turkish and are signed. The Agency will provide the translation in French or German.
The GOVERNMENT of TURKEY on BEHALF of on BEHALF of the EUROPEAN SPACE AGENCY
Prof. Nüket YETİŞ, Jean-Pol PONCELET Turkey European Space Agency (ESA) Scientific and technical Research Council (TUBITAK) Vice President of External Affairs Director
Search Translated Laws of Turkey