Read the untranslated law here: https://www.tbmm.gov.tr/kanunlar/k4554.html
Law No. 4554 Date of Admission: 04/04/2000
Article 1 - 3 March 1994, signed in Canberra and "offenders between Australia and the Republic of Turkey Giving Back Treaty" with this particular treaty notes regarding the amendment by the exchange 27, was found appropriate to approve the Agreement dated March 28, 1995. Article 2 - This Law shall enter into force on the date of publication. Article 3 - This Law shall be enforced by the Council of Ministers. AUSTRALIA THE REPUBLIC OF TURKEY
BETWEEN THE BACK OF CRIMINALS GIVEN
The prevention of crime in the area between Australia and the Republic of Turkey to become a more effective cooperation between the extradition treaty with the desire to have agreed on the following provisions:
Criminals Back Obligation to
Contracting parties wishing accordance with the provisions of this Agreement by the Parties, a criminal prosecution due to be returned, judgment, required people to the fulfillment of the penalty or punishment agrees to give back to each other.
Returning Thread Possible Crimes
1. The Contracting Parties up rate according to the laws of freedom of at least one year or more offenses are offenses subject to sanction them back. 2. If asked for the return of a person in order to fulfill the prison sentence, claims will only be accepted if the fulfillment of his term will be at least six months.
3. For the purposes of giving back, of the laws of the Contracting Parties, whether within the same category of offenses or a criminal offense will be important to qualify niteleyip with the same statement. Giving back to consider all of the requested person action verbs loaded and the main elements of their negligence and they differ according to the laws of the Contracting Parties shall not be considered significant. 4. The request for extradition, to one another than it contains separate offenses and subject to extradition offense if it is accepted, will be deemed to give back above 1 and No. 2 in terms of time in prison with the requirements of paragraph with regard to other offenses covered by the claims meet. 5. taxes, customs, foreign exchange or other State offense with the relevant extradition request related to income, if desired party's legislation contains similar crimes will be fulfilled according to the provisions of this treaty. The request for extradition, the Requested Party official law of the same kind of tax or levy or from nevica not required by the Requesting Party's law taxes, duties, customs or exchange will not reddil the grounds that it does not contain rules.
6. crime if it is committed outside the country requesting Party, such a request is similar to the situation in the country will fulfill the law of the Requested Party if it foresees the punishment of a crime committed outside. If the requested Party does not provide that legislation is not connected to the fulfillment of the request for extradition if the requested Party. Article 3
1. The request for extradition shall not be accepted in the following cases: (a) the crime of political crimes subject to extradition. This, however, will not be regarded as political offenses following offenses: (i) the President or members of his family against attack on life;
(Ii) any offense related to the rule of law against genocide;
(Iii) Contracting Parties, they agreed to give back any crime in accordance with an international agreement on what comes under the obligation to accept or not accept the jurisdiction of the facility or is a party to both States; or (iv) a person to kill or endanger the life, kill or life by participating undertakings or the verb to endanger, a crime other individuals committed to creating direct or indirect collective danger to the life;
(B) requested the party race of a person of the prompt return for a petty crime, religion, nationality or prosecution in terms of political considerations or because one of the reasons that or said the purpose of the punishment that it could be damaged as unfair the situation of these people serious reasons, if any;
(C) crimes subject to extradition, both sides are not offenses under ordinary criminal law is a purely military nature of the crime;
(D) because of crime subject to extradition, the requested State Party or a third if the final decision; (E) submission of the requested person, from the direction of the offense for which extradition request from the Contracting Parties subject to prosecution according to the law or someone's being punished, because the immune timeout;
(F) crimes subject to extradition, the Contracting Party issued in one of the general or special amnesty or been the subject of almost being.
2. The request may be rejected in the following cases to give it back. (A) the back giving the desired person requested Party nationality, requested the parties fail to provide back their nationals, at the request of the parties want and if permitted by its laws, the state of order to the prosecution because extradition offenses that are subject to prompt, shall transmit to the competent authorities; (B) The granting of the requested person is being prosecuted for the same crime because the requested Party;
(C) Requested Party, due to the same criminal prosecution or prosecution has given the decision to stop;
(D) crimes subject to extradition, torture or cruel, humanity is a crime that can be punished with external or degrading punishment;
(E) the delivery, especially with regard to the person who requested the return of their age or health status if it is likely to have serious consequences in extraordinary;
3. This Article sözleşentaraf will not affect any liability of any multilateral treaty without arising or that may arise later.
Back granting the requested person, the Requested Party Land, because giving back to another crime offenses subject to prompt prosecution is or is to attract a prison sentence requested Party Delivery of this person, the prosecution be concluded and given or a penalty could be delayed until the full execution. Requested Party shall inform the Requesting Party of developments in the situation. Article 5
Returning Procedure and Required Documents
1. The request for extradition will be made in writing and shall be communicated through diplomatic channels. All documents attached to the request for extradition will be approved according to Article 6.
2. The following documents will be added to the request for extradition:
(A) The original and certified copies of another decision which granted the extradition request in accordance with the laws of the Parties of the conviction and sentence or decision can be instead of an arrest warrant or warrant of arrest or the same effect;
(B) Each commission of the offense shape, location and history, with a document that months proved that the law niteleniş sample of the relevant legal provisions, a description of the law on this is not possible and the document showing possible if desired person where to find it;
(C) Giving back to work requested person's whereabouts or the identity of identity as open as possible and to determine the nationality of the other information and, if possible, fingerprints and photo of the person slips;
(D) Extradition authorities requesting a clear statement that shows the desire and request provisional arrest if necessary. 3. Claims and certified translations will be added in the desired language documents related to this party. Article 6
Documents Regarding want
Confirming the accuracy
1. Any document attached to the extradition request in accordance with Article 5, the accuracy approved, the parties requested country shall be considered as evidence in extradition procedures. 2. This Treaty aims to verify the authenticity of a document in terms of, it is both a judge, prosecutor or signed by another authority, which means that as well as the official seal damlag followed.
1. Requested Party to this Convention by the person of the opinion that there is insufficient information provided for the return, may prompt additional information, you can give you a certain amount of time to transmit and on the application will show the reasons for the party requesting, than accept an extension for a reasonable time. 2. If the arrest of the requested person is given back and the additional information is not enough, according to this Treaty or not received within the specified time, this person can be released. However, this does not prevent the prompt release of the renewal of the party who wants to give back. 3. If a person released according to the provisions of this Article, paragraph 2, of the situation in the shortest possible time requested Party shall notify the Requesting Party.
1. In emergencies, like the Party authorities, during transmission through diplomatic channels of such a request, the International Criminal Police Organization (INTERPOL) or via another channel can apply for the arrest temporarily the desired person. This application may be transmitted by mail or telegram or post to return to another means. 2. The applicant, as far as possible, the requested person identity with the recipe and will help to determine the nationality to be given all kinds of information and above application of Article 5 2 (a) the presence of one of the documents specified in sub-paragraph will make a request for extradition through diplomatic channels, due to the offense charged What can be applied to the crime or the penalties imposed by the commission (modus operandi) will include explanations. Application of Article 5 2 (a) of the document referred to in sub-paragraph is added to the original sample. 3. An application areas required Parties to provide the requested person's arrest and shall be promptly informed of the result of the Requesting Party claims. 4 people arrested in this way, if the extradition request and the documents relating thereto referred to in Article 5 from the date of arrest until the end of 45 days of receipt if it can be released.
5 release, according to a person of paragraph 4 of this Article, upon request of the transaction receipt will then prevent the return of these people.
1. Where two or more received a request from the government to give back the same person, the Requested Party shall determine which of these people will return to the said States and shall communicate its decision to isteyendevlet.
2. In determining what a person will be returned to the requested State Party shall take all relevant circumstances and in particular the following points in mind;
(A) If the claims on different crimes, their relative weight;
(B) the processing time and location of each offense;
(C) construction dates of the claim;
(D) the nationality of the requested person;
(E) the usual place of residence of the requested person. ARTICLE 10
1. Requested Party does not decide on the request for extradition, it shall forward to isteyentaraf decided through diplomatic channels. The reason for this will be shown in full or partial rejection.
2. If the claim is accepted, the detainees will be notified of time and is considered in order to give back to the person who requested delivery date and place of the Requesting Party. 3. Notwithstanding the provisions of paragraph third 4 of this Article, if the receipt date requested person designated this date the following can be released at the end of the 30 days and will be released at the end of each case 45 days. Requested Party, that person may refuse to give it back due to the same offense.
4. Either party will be returned if a person is not in the hand and the emergence of the delivery or receipt of preventing the condition, it shall notify the other Party. Both parties will mutually agree on a new date for surrender and the provisions of paragraph 3 of this Article shall apply.
Delivery of goods
1. Upon the request of the Requesting Party, the Requested Party, its laws and the condition of third parties, without prejudice, will deliver them and confiscated the following items value:
(A) used to commit the crime or property which may be required as evidence;
(B) the offense is the result obtained during the arrest or detention of the requested person is found in possession or later uncovered goods and values.
2. If the Facilities found, things like that delivered to the parties mentioned in paragraph 1 of this Article shall be made at the same time with the delivery of the person to be given back. Even if the request for extradition has been accepted and desired, but a person's death or escape can not be performed due to return confiscated property and values in accordance with paragraph 1 shall be delivered.
3. aforementioned items and values can be temporarily detained for prosecution requested Party, which held territory, provided it can be delivered or returned.
4. However, the said goods and the value will remain on all the rights they have gained istenilendevlet or third parties. in the presence of this kind of property, goods, upon request, at the end of the trial the requested Party free and will be sent back as soon as possible.
Persons who have given back according to the Treaty, except in the following cases, the desired party in the territory of was processed before delivery in the crime that has been adopted to give back or prosecuted for any other crime because, punished or a penalty can not be arrested for fulfillment or personal freedom of any other way shall not be subject to restriction or can not be delivered to a third State: (a) if the party who submits the people not accept it, will be prompted to receipt of consent and the transcript of the statement made in relation to a crime of this person given back with the documents referred to in Article 5 is added;
(B) the person back, given that the parties of the country have been delivered, from the date the precise remain free despite having the opportunity to leave within 45 days if at this Party. This time, the released person for reasons other than their own will not include when you have to leave this country Parties;
(C) the person, after leaving the Parties to the country if it is delivered back to their own wishes.
Third States Delivery
1. When a person requested Party want delivered to the parties, due to a crime committed before the surrender of the person requesting State will not surrender to a third State, unless:
(A) you agree to allow the delivery of the required parties; or
(B) The person, precisely because crimes that are essential to the delivery of the desired party who have the opportunity to leave his country Parties wishing to within 45 days after the release, if leave is or come back to the Requesting Party shall then leave.
2. Requested Party, this item 1 (a) before accepting a request made under sub-paragraph may want to provide the documents mentioned in Article 5.
1. extradition subject to the person's third State of whether the contract of one of the Parties through the territory of the other contracting country Parties to transit to, to be a convenient crime to return in accordance with crime in Article 2 and to allow transit requested Party on the condition not be considered under this offense, under Article 3, It will be allowed to be made on the request. 2. Transit prompt, Article 5 2 (a) and 2 (b) is added to samples of the documents mentioned in sub-paragraph.
3. Requested Party, nor its nationals, nor shall be compelled to allow the transit of persons may be required to pull or a prison sentence can be prosecuted in their own country.
4. If air transport is used, the following provisions shall apply:
(A) is not expected any pause, like the Parties requested that Parties to transit in and of Article 5 2 (a) that one of the documents referred to in paragraph shall notify the person's name and nationality will transit; (B) the unanticipated landing, the statement made by the previous sub-paragraph shall be the provision of temporary arrest the requirement in Article 8. Thereupon, as provided for in paragraph 1 of this Article shall be made in the transit request; or
(C) needed a pause, then, will want the Parties as provided for in paragraph 1 of this Article in claims.
5. If the circumstances require the person be kept in custody during transit, it is desirable application of the provisions of paragraph 2 of Article 8 of the Requesting Party. 6. If a person is kept in detention for the purpose of transit, the convention is held in the territory of one Party, the more that person within a reasonable time of the trip may decide to release not provided.
This Treaty 6 and competent authorities for the purposes of Article 8:
(A) the judge with respect to Turkey, the courts or the public prosecutor; and
(B) In the Australia-Attorney General, the judge or Magistrate Judge UmUdUr.
1. All costs incurred to deliver the desired country Parties not back up the claims process will be borne by that Party.
2. subsequent costs of delivery shall be borne by Party want. 3. Transit due to the costs incurred shall be borne by the Party that you want.
Entry into force and the lifting force
1. This Treaty, Contracting Parties to the treaty to be put into effect thirty days after the end of the report to each other the fulfillment of their constitutional requirements have entered into force.
2. This Treaty claims will be made after the entry into force, whatever the commission of the offense shall be subject to the provisions of this Treaty.
3. Each Contracting Party may terminate this Treaty by giving written notice to the other Party at any time and this Treaty notification shall cease to have effect following the end of one hundred and eighty days.
This Treaty, both the Government and whereof the undersigned, duly authorized representatives have signed as required.
This treaty, in Canberra, on March 3, 1994 in Turkish and English and both texts are made as equally valid.
ON BEHALF OF AUSTRALIA ON BEHALF OF THE REPUBLIC OF TURKEY Foreign Minister Foreign Minister Hikmet Çetin Gerath EVANS
Search Translated Laws of Turkey