Read the untranslated law here: https://www.tbmm.gov.tr/kanunlar/k4623.html
Law No. 4623 Date of Admission: 01/25/2001
Article 1 - the International Labour Organisation in Geneva in 1999, 87th adopted by the General Conference No. 182 "Prohibition of Child Labour in Poor Conditions and on the Elimination of Emergency Measures Agreement" was found appropriate to approve n.
Article 2 - This Law shall enter into force on the date of publication.
Article 3 - This Law shall be enforced by the Council of Ministers.
EN the prohibition of child labor at POOR FORM AND MIDDLE URGENT ACTION CONVENTION ON THE ELIMINATION's
International Labour Office in Geneva, the International Labour Organization called for a meeting by the Board of the General Conference, his 87th in the session on 1 June 1999;
Child Convention on the available basic documents that the ongoing 1973 Admission to Employment minimum age for the labor and international cooperation to complete the Recommended Decision and cooperation, including the prohibition of the worst forms of child labor, including the main priority for national and international action and elimination by taking into account the need to adopt new documents related and
Most of the worst forms of child labor as well as the importance of free basic education by responding to the needs of the family and it exposed children should be removed from all this work and immediately taking into account ensuring their rehabilitation and social integration and considering that the necessity to make a comprehensive action
International Labour Conference of the made in 1996 83 third Session recalled the decision to eliminate the adopted child labor and
child labor is largely due to poverty and social development of a long-term solution, especially poverty reduction and recognizing that lies in sustained economic growth allowing universal education and
November 20, 1989 the United Nations held on adopted by the General Assembly recalled the Children's Rights Convention and
Fundamental Rights for Work adopted by the International Labour Conference of the made in 1998, the 86th Session and Principles of the ILO Declaration and tracking the recalling and
worst forms of child labor in other international instruments and in particular 1930 Forced Labour Convention, 1956 of the United Nations recalling that slavery and the slave trade and slavery-like institutions and Implementation of the Elimination given in the Supplementary Convention | decided to accept some of the recommendations made in child labor, which is the fourth item of || agenda of the session,
kararlaştırarak take an international contract form of this proposal,
Bindokuzyüzdoksandokuz year this seventeenth day of June of child Labour Convention on the Worst forms, the following can be named as 1999 Convention was adopted. Article 1
ratifies this Convention each member state to ensure the prohibition and elimination of the worst forms of child labor as a matter of urgency to take immediate and effective measures.
Article 2 For the purposes of this Convention, "child" refers to anyone under the age of 18 is applied.
For the purposes of this Convention, "the worst forms of child labor" means
a) children trading and trade, to include the force of children in the operation as provisions or dependent and military conflict or compulsory kept using way forcing all forms of slavery or practices similar to slavery, such as compulsory and must be operated;
B) a child for prostitution, for use in the production of pornography or for pornographic performances, procuring or offering;
C) regarding the use of children in illicit activities, in particular the production and trafficking of drugs as defined in international agreements, providing for them to write an email or presentation;
D) the nature or the circumstances in which children as health, safety, or is detrimental to the moral development of business
covers. Article 4
1. Article 3 (d) after consultation with the specified name type of national legislation or regulations or worker and employer organizations concerned by the competent authorities, international standards, and in particular the 1999 Best Child Labor in the Worst Forms Recommendation of determined considering the 3rd and 4th paragraphs .
2. After consultation with the organizations of employers and workers concerned competent authority shall determine the types of jobs where no designated as such. 3
. The list of business types specified in accordance with the first paragraph of the article, if deemed necessary, will be reviewed periodically in consultation with the relevant workers 'and employers' organizations and refreshed.
Article 5 Each Member, after consultation with workers 'and employers' organizations to monitor implementation of the provisions of this Convention establishes the appropriate mechanisms or determines. Article 6
1. Each Member shall determine and implement action programs to eliminate the worst forms of child labor as a priority.
2. This action programs, as appropriate government agencies and workers concerned taking into account the views of other interested parties, and is determined in consultation with employers' organizations and executed.
Article 7 1. Each Member shall, if appropriate, criminal sanctions or agreed to and including the application of other sanctions, the effective implementation of the provisions of this Convention and shall take all necessary measures to ensure the execution.
2. Each member of child labor, taking into account the importance of education in eliminating active and takes some time restricted the following precautions:
a) to prevent the involvement of children in the worst forms of child labor;
B) the removal of children from the worst forms of child labor, to provide necessary and appropriate direct assistance for their rehabilitation and social integration;
C) free basic education for children removed from child labor in its worst forms and the provision of vocational training, if possible and appropriate;
D) identification of children with special at-risk situations and to reach them, and
e) to consider the special situation of girls. 3
. Each Member shall designate the competent authority responsible for implementing the provisions of this Convention enacted.
members, economic and social development, poverty elimination programs and universal education, promoting the well will contain the way of international cooperation and / or to give effect to the provisions of this Convention by enhancing cooperation take appropriate measures to help each other.
Article 9 of the International Labour Office for registration of certain documents of ratification of this Agreement will be sent to the Director General. Article 10
1. This Agreement is only the instruments of ratification of the International Labour Office, which has been registered by the Director General of the International Labour Organisation are binding on members.
2. It shall come 12 months after the ratifications of two Members have been registered by the date on which the Director General. 3
. This Agreement shall enter into force 12 months after confirming the date of the registration of ratifications for each member.
Article 11. This Convention have ratified which each member from the date of entry into force of the Convention at the end of the first period of ten years, the registrant may terminate by sending a document to the Director General of the International Labour Office. This will be valid for one year after the termination date of registration.
2. Member which has ratified this Convention may also, in the preceding paragraph mentioned ten-year period for one year from the end of this article in accordance with the use of the right to terminate any Member would be bound for another period of ten years, and after this Convention, each period of ten years elapsed, in this article It may terminate the prescribed circumstances.
Article 12. Director General of the International Labour Office, communicated to him by members of the International Labor Organization, that all ratifications and acts of denunciation registered announce to all members of the international Labour Organization.
2. General Director of the contract sent to him the second member of the organization that registered ratifications of this Convention to the notifying member of the Organization on the date of entry into force attracts the attention.
International Labour Office Director-General, all information relating to all acceptance declarations and termination which have been registered pursuant to the above ingredients, the United Nations Treaty for registration in accordance with Article 102 of the United Nations shall transmit to the Secretary General.
International Labour Office of the Board of this Convention whenever it deems necessary, on implementation report to the General Conference and fully or partially excluded from the Conference agenda the issue of changing the contract examine the request.
Article 15. revising this Convention in the Conference fully or partially accepted a new contract, and if the new contract does not foresee otherwise -
a) revising the status of the ratification by a Member of the new contract, notwithstanding the above, the Article 11 provisions and modifying being introduced into the new Convention into force the terms and conditions requires the immediate termination of this Agreement.
B) revising this Convention after the date of entry into force of the new Convention to be open to ratification by the Members.
2. This Convention, ratified it but have not ratified the revising Convention for the members who will remain in force with the actual form and content in any case.
English and French texts of Article 16 of this Convention are equally authoritative.
Search Translated Laws of Turkey