Read the untranslated law here: https://www.tbmm.gov.tr/kanunlar/k5632.html
Law No. 5632
Acceptance Date: 25/4/2007
date 03.03.2005, signed in Pretorya "the Government of the Republic of Turkey, Republic of South Africa Trade and Economic Cooperation Agreement between the Government" has been used in the validation of.
Article 2 of this Act shall enter into force on the date of publication.
Ministers executes the provisions of Article 3 of this Law.
REPUBLIC OF TURKEY AND THE GOVERNMENT OF SOUTH AFRICA
REPUBLIC OF BETWEEN TRADE AND ECONOMIC
Republic of Turkey (hereinafter referred to as "Turkey" hereinafter) and the South African government (hereinafter "South Africa" hereinafter) (the plural "parties" and individually a "Party" will be referred to);
It is considering the new bonds of friendship between their countries;
World Trade Organization (WTO) and most favored country in accordance with Treaty principles (Eck is) on the basis of common interest based on the application, the consolidation of trade relations between the highest level using countries the capacity of developing to meet the needs of each other, deciding strengthening and diversification;
Republic of Turkey is aware of trade flows between South Africa; the more dynamic trade and economic relations between South Africa and desirable
Turkey trade and taking into account that requires a closer cooperation in all areas of economic activity;
Said the cooperation, both countries' policies developed, in a way that matches the evolving realization belief deeds;
to strengthen their relationship and to provide jointly contribute to the international trade cooperation also by desire;
Including commercial and decided to enter into an agreement for economic cooperation;
The following figure agreed:
Parties, in accordance with the domestic law in force in the country and party to international treaties, conventions and as subject to obligations under the agreements, to facilitate trade and economic relations between the two countries and develop It shall take all necessary measures in order.
Most Favored Country Article 2 (Eck is) Treatment
Parties WTO Agreement and will perform the treatment in accordance with the principles of the ECK to each other in the annexes.
Eck Article 3 of the 'exemption from the provisions of Article 2
(a) In order to facilitate border crossings of one of the parties or the benefits it provides to neighboring countries can provide;
(B) in accordance with a multilateral preferential trade agreements one of the Parties have recognized the advantages or preferences of a third country;
(C) one of the Parties, the emerging open to the participation of countries and is a member of one of the parties or may be developing countries in trade and any arrangement which is recognized under, or can recognize the advantages or preferences aimed at improving economic cooperation; or
(d) one of a Customs Union Party, the Free Trade Area or any other regional or sub-result of participation in the regional integration agreement or United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD) Generalized System of Preferences on the basis of known or can recognize the advantages and preferences | || life or to continue to be passed is not valid in the state. Article 4
Trade Fair Participation Party, exhibition of relevant institutions and organizations, as well as participation in trade fairs and other promotional activities in order to promote trade and encourage mutual visits of delegations of business representatives. Each Party shall facilitate the arrangement of the other party national exhibitions in its territory.
commercial and economic activities performed for the Promotion
natural and legal persons of each Party on the other hand, trade and carry out economic activities on its territory, generally accepted shall endeavor to promote in accordance with international trade practices. Article 6 Imports of Goods
On the one hand, in accordance with domestic law in force in the country, the territory of the other party,
(a) fairs, exhibitions, shows, seminars, congresses or conferences that are sent to the territory of the other Party and not for selling goods;
(B) provided that the re-export after repair, painting
Import of goods exported after coming back for repair, will allow for the exemption from import duties and taxes.
One side of the transition Transit Facilitation of Goods in accordance with domestic law force in the country which will allow goods to transit through their territory of the other Party. Article 8
Payment Arrangements for payment of goods and services arising from the agreement to be concluded in accordance with this Agreement, in accordance with the foreign exchange laws and regulations of the Parties shall be made in convertible currency.
The provisions of this Agreement, the parties are to take measures in accordance with the relevant provisions of any of the WTO Agreement and its annexes and the right to practice, enjoy these measures or the condition not apply to discriminatory attitudes are restrictions. Authorities
Article 10 The Parties to this Agreement shall apply accordingly and the authorities responsible for other matters,
(a) party of Turkey Prime Ministry Undersecretariat of Foreign Trade; and (b) on the side of South Africa, agreed that the Ministry of Trade and Industry
Article 11 of the Joint Economic Commission (JEC) Establishment
(1) Parties, a Turkey-South Africa for the development of trade and economic relations between the two countries and facilitating Joint Economic Commission will be set up.
(2) The Joint Economic Commission shall take the necessary measures to implement successfully this Agreement and shall identify new areas of trade and economic cooperation.
(3) KEK, the Republic of Turkey Undersecretary of Foreign Trade and South Africa will be established at the level of Deputy Minister of Trade and Industry.
(4) CAKE, alternately in the Republic of Turkey and South Africa will meet at a date and place to be mutually agreed upon by the Parties.
Commercial Information Exchange
Parties to ensure implementation correctly this Agreement, to the extent possible, the trade between the two countries and commercial activities of all kinds of useful information that will contribute to the development of Article 11 'also shall communicate with each other through the designated authorities. ARTICLE 13
Settlement of Disputes arising between the parties regarding the interpretation or application of this Convention disputes, without any delay gayrimakul be resolved through friendly consultations and negotiations. Article 14 of the Agreement
Revision and Amendment (1) This Agreement, one of the parties, by written agreement, will perform with an Exchange of notes through diplomatic channels at any time can be corrected or amended.
(2) the amendment of the Agreement will have no effect on the fulfillment of contracts and agreements have been carried out in accordance with the provisions of this Agreement.
the Agreement enters into force and Termination
(1) This Agreement of the Parties to the other Party regarding the fulfillment of the necessary constitutional requirements for the entry into force of the Agreement in writing through diplomatic channels at the date where the notification comes into force. date of entry into force is the date of the last notification.
(2) The agreement will initially remain in force for a period of five years and the Parties at least six months prior the end of one of the Agreement, through diplomatic channels, that does not notify its intention to repeal this agreement in writing, the validity period of the agreement will be automatically extended by one year .
(3) 2. Notwithstanding the repeal of this Agreement pursuant to paragraph concluded in the period of validity of this Agreement and the end of the first incomplete or unpaid transactions, until completion or payment is accomplished, it will be subject to the provisions of this Agreement.
Given full authority by the Government and the undersigned, in the presence of witnesses, have signed this Agreement in two copies in the English language and have seals.
In Pretorya it is made on the third day of March, 2005.
REPUBLIC OF SOUTH AFRICA
GOVERNMENT OF THE GOVERNMENT OF THE
Recep Tayyip Erdogan Jacob ZUMA
Deputy Prime Minister President
Search Translated Laws of Turkey