Read the untranslated law here: http://parliament.gov.sy/arabic/index.php?node=201&nid=16692&RID=-1&Last=10058&First=0&CurrentPage=24&Vld=-1&Mode=&Service=-1&Loc1=&Key1=&SDate=&EDate=&Year=&Country=&Num=&Dep=-1&
49 law of 2004 on hygiene and preserving the aesthetic appearance of the city President of the Republic based on the Constitution and approved by the NPC at its meeting on 4-10-2004/17-11-2004/m.
Issued: chapter I definitions article 1/a-general hygiene: the health situation in which an individual aspires in public and private life.
B-aesthetic: the General aesthetic appearance to be achieved in administrative units consistent with the surrounding environment does not prejudice the public taste and tarnish the beauty of nature.
E-waste: materials or objects relating to various aspects of human activity that must be eliminated and include industrial and municipal waste, hazardous waste and medical.
D-municipal waste: household waste and commercial and professional craft and dump roads, gardens and trees, public places and construction waste and debris and sewage deposits and drilling.
-Industrial waste: non-hazardous waste is generated by industrial plants and installations comprising remnants of raw materials used in industry, resulting from the manufacturing process.
And toxic and hazardous waste: any waste containing toxic and dangerous materials such as organic solvents cyanide mercury/lead and other materials that are by nature and quantity of threatening public health and the environment.
G-medical waste is produced by the action of hospitals and medical centers, clinics, laboratories and home treatments and medicines, expired either involving human or animal and potentially carrying chemical or radiological microbial or contagious including education and research.
Article/2/Ministry: Ministry of local administration and environment.
Minister: Minister of local administration and environment.
Administrative unit:.. The city. Town. The village. Rural unit. Municipalities.
Council: the Council of the administrative unit. The Municipal Council.
Office: Executive Office in the administrative unit.
Chapter II municipal waste material/3/administrative units functions of collection and municipal waste to relay exact location and address technical methods to safeguard public health and environmental safety and appearance of civilization and securing the supplies needed to perform these tasks.
Article 4/Board issues a regulation which sets out the following: 1. dates of littering and disturbed.
2. waste collection dates posted.
3. the temporary argument centres for the collection of waste.
4-way throw every type of waste and the place and time.
5. methods of waste treatment and disposal.
Article 5/a-public and private actors committed to generating construction waste and rubble and excavation and sewer sediments and structures for cars and all similar migrating to places assigned to them by the administrative unit.
B-public and private actors committed to generating the waste transfer waste weighing over 50 kilograms to the location you specify administrative unit unless such household waste.
C-stick rehabilitates and its investors in agriculture and livestock waste disposal plant and animal agricultural professional manner by the Board.
Article 6 prohibits the culpable and punishment provided for in Chapter VII of this law: 1. throw all kinds of waste in other places and times.
2. trash without using sealed bags.
3. the transfer of containers from the specified location.
4. dumping trees and gardens in the streets, squares and public and private land, whether fenced or loose. And should be moved to places determined by the Board.
5. take leaves and litter and cigarette butts in the roads and streets and sidewalks, squares and parks and public and private places.
6. throw drinks and refreshments, food residues and similar on the streets and public places. And the shop owners and occupants insurance baskets for use by customers.
7. shake out the carpets and rugs, blankets and other balconies on the roads walogaeb and skylights buildings.
8. the dumping of all kinds of Windows and balconies and walogaeb roads and entrances to buildings and Manipulator.
9. the dumping of all kinds of waste in rivers, streams and springs and passers by cottage owners of shops, cafes and restaurants and occupants and others.
10. the dumping of all kinds of waste in the sea, lakes and beaches.
11. throwing the remnants of the houses and shops and flaming materials in baskets and intended for use by pedestrians.
12. ask the water from wells and dumping wetazil digging wells in roads and public places.
13. the dumping of rubble and clear residues deposits of marble tiles are sewers and potholes in roads and public places and container.
14. the water loss caused by air conditioners and laundry and watering troughs flowers from balconies and Windows on the sidewalks and entrances to buildings, passersby and nearby.
15. ask the water resulting from the cleaning of residential buildings and shops on sidewalks and streets.
16. car wash vehicles and transportation on roads and public squares, parks and buildings wogaaeb.
17-dumping radioactive material in containers and waste collection centres, roads and public places.
18. the dumping of oil and grease and liquid substances similar in all types of containers and bodies of water and sewerage and public rivers and waterways and its campus and in the open and on appropriate containers and collected at birth moved to places determined by the Board.
19. throw or burn used tires in waste containers or roads, squares, gardens and parks and on its transfer to places determined by the Board.
20. waste containers and scavenging trash bins collected places.
21. the transfer of construction material and debris and beituni instinct and accessories not available mechanisms appropriate precautions to prevent the loss of materials on the roads.
22. works of roads and sidewalks, squares and public property construction materials, dust and debris. Bypassing size licensed works.
23-road and pavement works public property impairs cleaners.
24. animal husbandry, livestock, birds and poultry within buildings and populated cities role provincial centres and archaeological sites and tourist attractions.
25. the passage of animals and livestock in the streets and lanes of the administrative unit.
26-organic and human pollution outside the designated.
27. turn salt water into rivers, lakes and seas.
Chapter III industrial waste material/7/industrial waste treatment and disposal.
1. industrial waste treatment in accordance with the following: a-rid it of harmful pollutants to the environment and public health.
B-reuse within the enterprise.
D-invest in other industries.
2. disposal of waste after treatment or that don't require treatment as follows: a-plus in a special facility licence from administrative unit.
-Transportation to the location you specify administrative unit.
Industrial waste product is liable for any damage to the environment caused by waste.
Article 9 on the management unit.
E-records management for all installations, factories producing industrial waste and identifying the amount and quality of these wastes and method of disposal.
B include the decision to license industrial facilities and plants need item licensee industrial waste resulting from industrial processes before final disposal.
C-secure site and appropriate method for final disposal of industrial solid waste landfill of hazardous or municipal landfill meeting cost determined by decision of the Council.
Article/10/owners of industrial plants and facilities is committed, its managers and its investors in the public, private and joint sector: 1. keep a record of the quantity and quality of waste resulting from industrial processes at the facility or laboratory.
2. separation of industrial waste from solid waste listed in chapter II of this law (municipal waste).
3. determine the chemical composition of industrial waste and its impact on public health and the environment and methods of prevention.
4. industrial waste polluting and harmful to the environment before final disposal.
5. industrial waste after treatment to the specified location for disposal.
6. liquid waste treatment unit resulting from industrial process before being discharged to the public network limits the allowable ratios.
7. treatment of gaseous emissions arising out of industrial process.
8. adherence to procedures accredited public bodies competent to handle special waste produced by industries: tanning-cement-asphalt-phosphate-oil-olive mill-walargom detergents.
Chapter IV toxic and hazardous waste article/11 are excluded from the provisions of this chapter: (a) radioactive waste.
D-emissions released into the atmosphere.
And-any material covered by special rules.
Article 12, the competent authorities concerned shall take appropriate measures to prevent toxic and hazardous material when processed or reclassified or extract materials or generate them when any other processing to take advantage of these wastes.
Article 13 specifies the concerned plans of toxic and hazardous waste disposal that includes: a-quality and quantity of waste to be disposed of.
B-methods of disposal.
C-special treatment centers whenever necessary.
D-appropriate disposal sites.
Article 14 institutions and establishments that are moving or storing, processing or landfill of toxic or hazardous materials to obtain the necessary permits from the relevant authorities.
License must include all necessary information, in particular contained in articles 16 and 17 of this Act.
Article/15/bear the cost of disposing of toxic or hazardous waste: a waste producer or her birth.
B-the undertaker waste collection and transfer.
Article/16/institutions and facilities that produce or maintain or dumping toxic waste or dangerous to organize records, including the amount and nature of the waste and the physical and chemical properties and method and place of disposal including a receipt and get rid of them and submit them to the competent authorities upon request.
Article/17/toxic or hazardous waste carriers committed to develop certificate sticker on every package containing the following data:-the nature of the waste.
C-block size wastes.
D-product name or the previous owner and address.
-The current owner's name and address.
Article 18 subject institutions and enterprises that produce or retain or dispose of toxic or hazardous waste control and inspection authorities to ensure implementation of the articles of this chapter.
Article/19/Basel Convention on hazardous waste during transport outside Syria.
Chapter v article medical waste/20/medical waste sources are hospitals and health centers and clinics, physicians, dentists, pharmacies, blood banks and medical units, legitimacy and open bodies. Medical analysis laboratories and pathology and drug control. Educational and research institutions and beauty centres. Role of mammography. Pharmaceutical factories. And centers reduces disability.. Veterinary clinics and health care centers and veterinary laboratories and veterinary centers of teaching and research and veterinary pharmaceutical plants.
Article/21/medical waste types.
1. hazardous medical wastes: they can carry the risk of chemical or radiological khimji or they need special procedures during the handling, processing and final disposal. They are seven types: a alkhamgh waste: waste that could contain pathogens bacteria viruses parasites with breakfast. Etc as an example her bandaged wounds, Burns, a farmer in laboratories. Hardware and tools that are in contact with blood and other.
B-albathalogih: like human organs and tissues and dead fetuses and animal carcasses and body fluids, blood and the like which require special procedures.
C-sharp wastes (prey): the objects and tools that can cause a prick or cut on the skin if touched it like scalpels. And needle. And intravenous infusion set and broken glass and others.
D-pharmaceutical waste: medication and rabies vaccines and pharmaceutical products that have expired or contaminated or unwanted use. As well as containers and empty containers.
E-waste: wastes containing chemicals, whether solid or liquid or gaseous materials radiography and laboratory chemicals, disinfectants, etc.
-Containers for compressed gases. Anesthesia gases like nitrogen oxides. Polyethylene sterilization or kased, oxygen etc.
G-radioactive wastes: wastes containing radioactive material such as radionuclides are used in the diagnosis and treatment in medical research and others.
2. medical waste non-hazardous: they could not afford the risk, chemical or radiological khimji.. They produce about kitchens health institutions and administrative departments.. And seen as normal municipal waste or household waste to be processed and disposed of in the same household and municipal waste.
Article/22/mestizo of medical wastes are responsible for any damage to the environment and public health caused by restriction as to their supervision.
Article/23/owners committed to medical facilities, its managers and its investors in the public, private and joint sector and all other stakeholders: a medical waste-municipal waste at the point of origin.
B-non-hazardous medical waste placed in bags. Dangerous medical waste placed in plastic containers are yellow. And you must learn the words alkhamgh waste bags are very khamgh to be leak-proof bags. Sharp waste containers either prey must learn hurtful and sharp words to be resistant to perforation and acupuncture and leakage.
C-waste characterization according to the nature and degree of danger and put a package containing the following data: name of the institution. The name of the Department that collected it. Type of waste. Name and signature of the responsible for those containers that compiled it. Date of closure of the container. And the weight of the container.
D-prohibition of medical waste collection sites and Terminal to non-specialists.
E-lock refrigeration units for biodegradable waste in case of unnecessary stored more than 48 hours in the facility.
-Customize the location in the facility to collect the final conditions of safety, security and accessibility by individuals responsible for collecting medical waste transport mechanisms.
G-waste Coordinator set in established procedures task progress and final collection and delivery to the responsible posting.
H-liquid medical waste treatment before being put into the public sewage system.
Article/24/evaluators committed to migrate medical waste: a-use special transfer mechanisms conditions of safety and security.
B-record includes the quality and quantity of waste received from the medical facility and delivered to the treatment plant and the hour and date of receipt and delivery.
Article/25/evaluators committed to medical waste treatment plants: a non-medical waste mixed with any other waste.
B-medical waste treatment in a healthy, safe and environmentally sound manner and in accordance with regulations governing it.
C secure the refrigeration units for medical waste storage if kept for more than 48 hours.
D-non-medical waste recycling.
E ・-health and environmental safe disposal of solid, liquid and gaseous processing.
And-private record to record the quality and quantity of waste delivered to the station an hour and received treatment.
Article/26/healthcare facilities committed to the application of article 14 of chapter IV of this law regarding hazardous waste such as radioactive waste and waste medication in cancer centres and hospitals.
Chapter vi General aesthetic in administrative units article/27/stick holders and owners of residential buildings and shops, offices and other professional or legally represented by: a-take care of the facades overlooking the streets and squares of walogaeb where cleaned and necessary repairs, maintenance and cleaning of the common parts and equipment and condoms and paintings.
B – paint and bleach periodically and according to the instructions.
C-architectural nature and colors of paint and bleach as well as specifications for condoms and paintings set in system construction and administrative unity Council resolutions.
D-do not post washing in buildings and real estate overlooking the international roads and administrative units main archaeological and nature tourism in the administrative units that take their decisions.
E-delivery surface water gutters and balconies to the public sewer system in an appropriate manner.
Article/28/administrative unit requiring owners and occupants of premises referred to in paragraphs a and b of the former article 27 renovating their buildings during the period specified by the interfaces administrative unit with at least five years and no more than ten years at the most.
Article 29/prevents paste publications and advertisements, images and data, publications and papers and written and hung on fences and walls of buildings and tree trunks and aspects of public roads, squares and monuments and archaeological sites and cultural bases and electrical power distribution centers and electricity poles and streetlights and telephone boxes and distributed signals and traffic signs and billboards and added the indication on the names of units and squares and streets where they exist.
Article 30//subject to the provisions of Legislative Decree No 17 of 1969 and plastered flyers and ads and images, data and publications on public paintings they allocate administrative unit to this end.
Who wants to can take advantage of non-public license plates of the administrative unit.
Article/31/prevents bypass size licensed stalls and occupancy and administrative units certified by the model for these stalls.
Article/32/alarsat be occupants and owners of vacant land overlooking roads within organizational charts and architectural range to build her tsauin and a half meters in height.
Article/33/prevent flue extensions output on squares and streets and sidewalks walogaeb in the role of housing and public places and shops and offices.
If you cannot take it out of the sky to be the owner of the relationship creating the proper way that believe not harming nearby and pedestrians with smoke and odors or contaminated water.
Article 34//prevents damage to lamps and lanterns designed for general lighting or tampered with.
Article/35/a-prevents cutting trees and plantings in parks, streets and public squares.
B-prevents picking flowers and roses or destroyed in public parks.
Article/36/blocking traction buggy carts in the cities and provincial centres and only tourist purposes intended for tourism.
Article/37/administrative units are entitled to execute build altsaoin and restoration, washing and bleaching paint and referred to in articles 28 and 32 of this Act if the owners and occupants of properties about it after a local Council determined by an officer not less than six months by a decision from him.
And implementation of legal and administrative means at the expense of the owners and occupiers and get them approved expenditures laws and regulations for the collection of funds.
Chapter VII penalties article/38/without prejudice to the penalties set forth in the laws and regulations in force penalizes: 1. a fine of three hundred to one thousand SP contravenes paragraphs 1-2-4-5-6-7-8-11-14-15-23-24-26-from article 6 and articles 27-29-35-b-36-of this law.
2. a fine of one thousand to three thousand SP contravenes article 5. paragraphs 3-9-10-16-19-20-21-22-25-from article 6 and articles 33-34 and 35-a of this code.
3. a fine of three thousand to five thousand SP violates both paragraphs 12-13-17-18-27-Article 6 of this law.
Article 39/doubled the fine provided for in article 38 of this law in case of a repeat offence unless under the text.
Article/40/Add to the fine provided for in article 38 of this law lies with the owner of the advertisement or publication or labels or controlling their expenses removed.
Article/41/Add to the fine provided for in article 38 of this law close by the head of the local Council for a week of public places and facilities in the event of a repeat offence for the third time.
Article 42/Add to the fine provided for in article 38 of this law book car or machinery that you throw or dump the debris on the sides of roads, squares and parks for a week and still the rubble at the expense of offending.
Article 43/without prejudice to penalties provided for in the laws shall be punished with imprisonment of one to three months in prison and a fine of ls 5000 5000 to 10000 50 fifty thousand SP contravenes articles 8-10-14-16-17-22-23-24-25-26-from this law.
Article/44/a-add to the penalties prescribed in the preceding article, closed by a decision of the President of the domestic enterprises and organizations contrary to the provisions of articles Punisher in article 43 of this law nor to reopen the facility or shop only after proof of address causes of damage in coordination with the public body concerned.
B-owner or investor or business damages and expenses processed.
Article 45/organizing adjust ticket violators. Does not prevent the administrative unit of legal and administrative procedures laid down in the laws and regulations in force.
Article 46/Board determines decisions and provincial Council of the amount of the fines provided for in article 38 of this law.
Article 47/get fines stipulated in this chapter meeting an official receipt revenue to the Treasury of the administrative unit in accordance with the laws and regulations in force.
Article/48/reduce the fine provided for in article 38 of that Bill in half if the offender repaid to the Fund over administrative unit/15/15 days from the date organising adjust.
Article 49/if that violation provided for in article 43 of this law was to paint damage third parties raiser and his associates were punished and instigators of imprisonment already ten days to three months in prison and a fine of 1000 SP 3000 SP as governing victim compensation for damages in case of claim.
Article 50//if Eden: liberated by personnel charged with organizing involve bad faith. Punished exactly one editor severe disciplinary penalties provided for in the State employment statute in force, without prejudice to the right of the injured in a criminal prosecution.
Chapter VIII General provisions article/51/be for employees of first and second administrative units assigned to adjust the irregularities in this act as judicial police after finishing the legal department before the Justice of the peace in the region where they work as follows: I swear by Almighty God to do my job with honor and integrity.
Article/52/administrative units needed to ensure health and environmental requirements for waste treatment sites with the entry into force of this law.
Article 53/prevent hazardous and toxic wastes of various kinds to the Syrian Arabic Republic, referred to the competent court based in accordance with the laws and regulations in force.
Article 54//prevents use of recyclables in the manufacture of envelopes or canned food preservation, pharmaceutical or public health harmful uses these materials confiscated and destroyed at the expense of the offender's right to apply the provisions of article 41 of this law.
Article/55/on any establishment you one or more of the activities and sorted waste collection, transport, storage, processing and recycling. To obtain prior authorization from the Ministry and the administrative unit located facility in scope.
Article 56//this code applies to natural and legal persons, whoever they are.
Article/57/all legal provisions contrary to this law modified a sentence in accordance with its provisions, without prejudice to the provisions of law 50/2002 article/58/Minister issued operational instructions for the application of the provisions of this law.
Article 59/this law shall be published in the Official Gazette and shall be deemed effective three months after the date of its release.
Damascus on 22-10-2004 5-12-2004 President Bashar Al-Assad
Search Translated Laws of Syria