Read the untranslated law here: http://parliament.gov.sy/arabic/index.php?node=201&nid=4571&RID=-1&Last=10058&First=0&CurrentPage=6&Vld=-1&Mode=&Service=-1&Loc1=&Key1=&SDate=&EDate=&Year=&Country=&Num=&Dep=-1&
Act 26 of 2010 Regional Planning Act the President of the Republic based on the Constitution based on the Constitution and approved by the NPC at its meeting on 2-7-1431 13-6-2010. Issued: chapter I definitions and objectives article (1) intro: a-end of the regional planning act is the regulation of spatial planning and regional development throughout the territory of the Syrian Arabic Republic.
B the obligation of sectoral development plans and projects and the construction of various public and private bodies which have an impact on the regional level spatial principles and directions of regional development plans issued in accordance with this law.
Article 2 definitions: the following words and expressions mean in application of the provisions of this law, meaning all of them unless otherwise stated.
1. territory: space of the Syrian Arabic Republic which can be selected according to geographic or population or economic characteristics or interfaces or management, or some or all of them combined.
2. regional planning. Integrated planning oriented policy regulates translates into economic, social and cultural, tourist and interfaces etc in everything related to the population and the time and place and environment spatial dimension takes account in accordance with the overall scientific approach aimed at achieving balanced and sustainable national and regional through national and regional studies showing all activities and events and are committed to its implementation and public and private stakeholders.
3. the Supreme Council: Supreme Council of regional planning.
4. body: the regional planning body.
5. Chairman: Chief of regional planning.
6. the national framework for regional planning: a set of General strategies and principles that guide and complementarity between regional development initiatives and national sectoral strategies in the Syrian Arabic Republic Central.
7. regional plan: a set of strategies and policies which apply methodology and modalities for regional planning and outlines future spatial development of the territory in accordance with the timetable and proportional current and potential abilities.
8. stakeholders: ministries, institutions and public bodies and local administrative units and non-governmental organizations concerned with the national framework for regional planning.
9. development axes: existing or future sites with extensions that possess developmental characteristics and bar contains the infrastructure and facilities that connect the central urban locations.
10. organizational chart: chart defined by Legislative Decree No 5 of 1982, as amended.
Article (3) levels of regional planning objectives: regional planning objectives are achieved through the preparation and implementation of regional plans at different levels and in particular the following levels: a national level: the Syrian Arabic Republic territory and its relations with neighboring countries to develop general trends within the national framework for regional planning.
B-regional level: regional development plans in the territory or part of it in light of the orientations of the national framework and sectoral ministries.
Chapter II principles and regional planning approach article (4) regional planning principles: 1. the end of regional spatial planning is to lead and manage spatial organization in the region in an integrated and balanced manner to contribute to sustainable development, social and economic frameworks and interfaces as their priorities and requirements.
2. prepare all kinds of regional plans in accordance with the following general principles: (a) achieving sustainable national and regional resources present and potential.
B provide the right conditions for economic prosperity in a balanced manner within the region and between different regions of the Syrian Arabic Republic.
C secure the basic life requirements of the population and the provision of services and employment opportunities for all social groups in a fair and balanced manner.
D-the preservation of the natural environment and identify areas that should be protected.
E-preservation of natural resources, especially water, air and Earth.
And-save cultural heritage and protection of archaeological sites.
G-environmental protection from all forms of pollution and mitigate the consumption of fossil fuels and to encourage the use of clean energy alternatives.
Article (5) method of regional planning: 1. regional plans are set up according to an integrated scientific approach through survey and analysis strategies aimed to develop recommendations for remedial action or that will make public or private sector institutions to achieve the goals of the inhabitants of the territory and to ensure sustainable development at the national and regional levels.
2. support and strengthen the role of local authorities in spatial planning issues.
3. identify areas where development should be restricted to special conditions or that must be protected and deprived of water resources and fertile agricultural land and environmental reserves, forests, archaeological sites and tourist and landscape value on different levels.
4. the recommendations and strategies regional plans to:-identify the objectives and priorities of regional development and rated according to the resources available and possible.
B-natural, human and economic components of the geographic location of the Syrian Arabic Republic and taken into account in all development projects.
C-coordination between the objectives and directions and the implementation of programmes and plans and development projects at the three spatial: State-region-local administrations.
D-to provide the appropriate framework to deal with balanced development projects of interest at the State level and projects that depend on local initiatives.
Chapter III article regional planning contacts (6) Supreme Council: 1. the Higher Council for regional planning and forming of: Prime Minister of local administration Chairman Vice Chairman Member Minister of agriculture and agrarian reform Minister of housing and reconstruction Minister, Tourism Minister member member member member member, Transport Minister Minister of industry Secretary of State for the environment of the State Planning Commission Chairman Member Chairman member member and Rapporteur regional planning Director, Central Bureau of statistics as a member of the Council shall be a permanent secretariat headed by a Council decision sets out the rules of procedure of the body The nature of the work and functions of the Secretariat.
3. the headquarters of the Supreme Council in Damascus.
Article 7 functions of the Supreme Council: the Supreme Council the following terms:
1. adoption of the General objectives and principles for regional planning in the Syrian Arabic Republic.
2. adoption of the draft national framework for regional planning.
3. adoption and approval of regional plans based on the recommendations of the Board.
4. agree to cooperate with international agencies and institutions, whether public or private.
5. a study sees the Chairman presented to the Board for discussion and take appropriate decisions.
6. operational decisions to the regional planning body work not included in the terms of reference of the Commission.
7. decide on the topics "threads" brought by the President of the Commission.
Article (8) Supreme Council meetings: 1. the Council shall meet at least once a year and whenever necessary upon the invitation of its President.
2. at the invitation of the Chairman of the Supreme Council of specialists to attend Board meetings.
Article (9) Regional Planning Commission: a body called the regional planning body, have legal personality and administrative and financial autonomy and are linked to the Prime Minister, to be based in Damascus. Commission staff is subject to the provisions of the State employment statute number 50 for 2004 fiscal regulations applicable to public bodies of an administrative nature.
Article (10) the objectives and functions of the Commission: the Commission aims to prepare and implement national approaches to regional planning and development and strengthening regional planning environment in Syrian Arabic Republic and in coordination with all concerned according to the following: 1. submission of proposals to the High Council about all the issues of development and regional planning.
2. lay the foundations and technical criteria and indicators to national framework for regional planning and regional plans and supervising their application.
3. preparation of a national framework for regional planning.
4. preparation of regional plans or other technical contacts public or private and oversee their work.
5. review and audit all projects and development plans at the regional level and interest proposed by all the public and private sectors.
6. recommendation to the Supreme Council by adopting and approving national framework for regional planning and all plans and projects and the criteria and guidelines for regional planning and development controls.
7. follow and monitor the preparation and implementation of regional plans and submit periodic reports to the Council.
8. the establishment of regional planning information base.
9. coordination and consultation with the Supreme Council and the ministries and the State Planning Commission and provincial and local councils of cities on all issues relating to regional planning.
Article (11) Chair: a decree of the President of the Commission shall be appointed on the proposal of the Prime Minister and specifying a cab and compensations.
B-the President of the Commission the following duties and powers: 1. preparation of draft regulations on the work of the Commission.
2. preparation of a draft budget for the Commission and the annual report.
3. supervise the implementation of the plans for the work of the Commission.
4. to follow up the implementation of decisions of the Supreme Council and any resolutions in accordance with the provisions of this law.
5. Business Management Board and supervision of its employees and administrative, financial and technical affairs including preparation of the organizational structure of the body.
6. the draft national framework for regional planning and the regional plans to the Supreme Council.
7. regional planning projects tracking reports and submit them to the Supreme Council.
8. conclusion the expenditure and disbursement in accordance with the laws and regulations of administrative bodies.
9. promotional rewards and sanctions for staff of the Commission in accordance with the laws and regulations in force.
10. Contracting with local and foreign experts and specialists for extended periods and specific tasks without pay limits for primary workers Act and to ratify the contracts from the Prime Minister.
11. the exercise of the right of appointment and promotion, transfer and assignment of employees within the laws and regulations in force.
12. third party body and representation before the courts.
13. any other tasks assigned by the President of the Supreme Council.
Article (12) Advisory Board: Advisory Board defines body functions and membership and method of work by the rules of procedure of the Commission.
Article 13: the body's resources to special branch, balancing body attached to the Prime Minister's intervention in balancing the State budget full expenditure and its revenues.
The Commission may accept grants and donations, domestic and foreign donations in accordance with the regulations and laws in force.
Article (14) and staffing authority regulations: 1. the decision of the President of the Council of Ministers rules of procedure for the Commission's work on the proposal of the Commission.
2. the Angel body by Decree.
Article (15) decision support directorates and regional planning menu in the provinces and the competent organs concerned to give the necessary information to the Commission as the umbrella body the implementation of regional plans approved in accordance with the mechanism established by the rules of procedure.
Chapter IV regional planning tools article 16 national framework for regional planning: 1. the national framework in accordance with economic and social development indicators and builds on the foundations and objectives and principles set out in this law.
2. national regional planning framework focuses on vision and overall objectives and formulating regional development and expansion through regional plans.
3. the national framework identifies a-appropriate planning regions. And regions with special character needed.
B-development centers and major urban agglomerations areas and axes of development and environmental protection zones in accordance with the national strategy for environmental protection and tourist areas in accordance with the strategies of tourism development and heritage protection areas and themes of mineral wealth.
4. do not exceed the duration of the entry into force of the national framework for regional planning fifteen years and may be reviewed and modified in that time when necessary.
Article (17) the adoption of a national framework for regional planning: 1. coordinate with relevant ministries and all the provinces and other stakeholders during the preparation of the draft national framework for regional planning or modified.
2. announce and circulate the final draft national framework for regional planning stakeholders and the provinces and stakeholders and the provinces to make observations and objections to the Commission within three months.
3. the Commission shall examine the observations and objections received within three months to decide.
4. raise the national framework project authority for regional planning with observations and objections of stakeholders and the provinces to the Supreme Council.
5. adoption of the draft national framework for regional planning Decree of the Supreme Council.
6. a national framework for regional planning adopted for all stakeholders.
Article (18) regional plan: 1. regional coordination plans and compatibility in the vision of development and land use between development projects in national sectoral plans and both national and sectoral plans, organizational charts and other local plans.
2. prepare regional plans according to the goals and principles of the national framework for regional planning and coordination and consensus vision and other local land uses.
3. the plan shall not exceed ten years and may be regional reviewed and adjusted during this period when necessary.
Article (19) preparing regional plan: prepare a draft regional plan authority in accordance with the national framework for regional planning and the bases and criteria and indicators of regional plans and the exact data and documented in coordination with the relevant ministries and the State Planning Commission and the provinces to achieve horizontal thread walshakoli in light of local development initiatives and national framework.
Article (20) adopting regional plans: 1. the final draft of the regional plans for stakeholders in the province and neighboring provinces to the territory to make observations and objections within three months and raise them to the Commission.
2. SCFA observations and objections to the project during a period not exceeding three months and submitted to the Supreme Council with proposals to address the objections received to disposed of and complete version of the regional plan by Decree.
3. the regional plan approved by the Supreme Council to the ministries and agencies concerned and neighbouring provinces.
Article (21) regional information system: the Board design and building information system and regional development and planning data using the best and latest GIS techniques in each geographical, economic and environmental information necessary for regional development planning and management process.
Article (22): regional information system sources to ministries and public and private agencies providing direct body full information requested by the Commission within the time specified in the plans and projects development projects undertaken by these ministries and public agencies as well as private sector projects that fall within the purview of those ministries.
Article (23) monitoring and analysing spatial development: working body to continue collecting data and statistics related to the regional plans and reviewed and updated continuously to reflect the latest developments and shifts in regional development, spatial data.
Chapter v General provisions article 24 regional plans are approved are binding on all authorities.
Article (25) on the concerned authorities to prepare and certify organizational charts to verify conformity to the requirements and provisions of these regional plans and organizational charts may not interfere with it in the event of discrepancy chart is modified.
Article 26 amendment of provisions offence: all provisions contrary to the provisions of this law is modified.
Article (27) this law shall be published in the Official Gazette.
The President of the Republic
Bashar Al-Assad, Egyptian populate Attorney
Search Translated Laws of Syria