Read the untranslated law here: http://parliament.gov.sy/arabic/index.php?node=201&nid=15822&RID=-1&Last=10058&First=0&CurrentPage=0&Vld=-1&Mode=&Service=-1&Loc1=&Key1=&SDate=&EDate=&Year=&Country=&Num=&Dep=-1&
Act 3 of 2016
Bring body and support the development of domestic production and exports
Based on the provisions of the Constitution
And approved by the People's Assembly in its meeting held on 26/03/1437 AH corresponding to 06/01/2016 AD.
Issued as follows:
Chapter I: Definitions
Intended meaning set out the following expressions to each of them in the application of the provisions of this law:
· Ministry: Ministry of Economy and Foreign Trade.
· Minister: Minister of Economy and Foreign Trade.
· Commission: support the development of domestic production and exports body.
· Board The Board of Directors of the Authority.
· General Manager: Director General of the Commission.
· Domestic production: all agricultural, industrial or service of a Syrian origin commodity.
· Exports: domestic production, which is sold to overseas markets.
· Fund: support the development of domestic production and exports Fund.
Chapter II: events
A. Body called occur (and support the development of domestic production and exports Authority) based in Damascus, has legal personality and financial and administrative independence and linked to the Minister.
B. Updated resolved under this body shop development and promotion of exports, the updated body of law under Legislative Decree No. 6 of 2009, with its rights and obligations and the money belongs to it all movable and immovable property.
C. It may bring branches or offices of the Commission decision of the Minister on the proposal of the Council.
Chapter III: The goals and tasks and mechanisms
A. Objectives of the Commission:
1. And support the development and improvement of local production and enhance its competitiveness.
2. Support and promote exports in order to serve the overall economic growth targets.
3. Contribute to the support of the federations of chambers and chambers of industry and trade, agriculture, tourism and Exporters' Union and the Federation of Artisans and Farmers Union in accordance with the prior plans and in line with the development priorities of the activities.
4. Contribute to the promotion of investment and support export-oriented production.
5. Contribute to invest in competitive advantage to support the productive sectors.
6. Contribute to the development and modernization of the institutions of the Syrian productivity, companies and upgradation and development capabilities to ensure secure local market needs and enhance export potential.
7. Cooperation with the concerned authorities in the reconstruction of the institutions of the Syrian and productive companies in line with the body functions of programs.
8. Contribute to the development of legislation and regulations to promote the developmental role for local production and exports.
9. Contribute to the establishment of the quality of economic zones in order to serve the goal of domestic production and export development.
10. Launch integrated programs to promote trust in the national product.
11. Contribute to activating and developing mechanisms to protect domestic production.
B. Body exercise in order to achieve its goals the following tasks:
1. Develop plans and programs for the implementation of the development of domestic production and boost exports in coordination and cooperation with the relevant authorities strategy.
2. Cooperation with national institutions and international organizations and agencies and similar centers of the body in coordination with the Planning and International Cooperation Authority to provide the necessary services for the development of domestic production and boost exports and reconstruction of production facilities.
3. Programs provided by the funds and funding bodies at the local and international level in the areas of reconstruction and development of domestic production and exports in coordination with the Planning and International Cooperation Authority.
4. Promote local production and corporate Syrian inside and outside the Syrian Arab Republic through participation in exhibitions, conferences and seminars and the establishment of a multi-purpose activity promotion campaigns and issuing periodic bulletins and annual Syrian and international trade regulations and other coordination with the relevant authorities.
5. Building data on national and international trade in cooperation and coordination with the concerned authorities base.
6. Study and analysis of economic indicators and make proposals that would legislative, regulatory and institutional infrastructure for export and export oriented industries develop.
7. Preparation of studies and research on foreign markets and marketing opportunities.
8. Provide consulting and technical services for institutions, corporations and exporters on production guide and improve the quality of manner that achieves discharged in foreign markets.
9. Creation and development of Syria International Trade Point Federation and linked to international trade points.
10. Rehabilitation and training of workers in the local production, marketing and export development of the field.
11. Encourage the creation of specialized in export companies.
12. Participate in bilateral, regional and international committees and government agencies that contribute to the drawing of Foreign Trade of the Syrian Arab Republic's policy and discusses the subject of trade agreements or trade with other countries and economic blocs of the joint higher committee.
13. Helping to remove obstacles to the producers and exporters in their work.
14. Provide studies and advice on the global status of materials imported and exported.
15. To assist in the establishment of direct relations between the Syrian exporters and the importers from other countries.
16. Submission of proposals to ensure the link between attracting investment with the plans and programs of export development policy.
17. Placed to support and develop local production and export products in the pre-export stage systems.
C. Body work:
1. The Authority special mechanisms of the all important tasks and the development of appropriate programs to do these tasks and monitor the necessary provisions in the annual budget.
2. Coordinating body financing activities and services supporting the government's development plans, so as to promote economic and social development.
Chapter IV: Management
The Directors of the Authority:
A. the Council.
B. General Director.
A. The Board consists of:
1. Minister of Economy and Foreign Trade president
2. General Manager Vice President
3. Associate Director-General of member
4. A representative of the Ministry of Agriculture and Agrarian Reform member
5. A representative of the Ministry of Industry member
6. A representative of Planning and International Cooperation Commission member
7. A representative of the Central Bank of Syria, a member
8. A representative of the General Customs Directorate member
9. A representative of the Federation of Syrian Chambers of Commerce member
10. A representative of the Federation of Syrian Chambers of Industry member
11. A representative of the Syrian Exporters' Union member
12. Directorate of fund manager and support the development of domestic production and exports member
13. A representative of the labor union member
14. A representative of the peasants union member
B. Representatives of ministries called by the competent minister rank of director and at least the so-called representatives of other parties by their chairmen rank of not less than one member of the Board or a member of an executive office as the case at least.
C. Legal meetings is the presence of the majority, including the president or his deputy, and the decisions are taken by an absolute majority in the event of a tie, the side from which the Chair.
D. Council meets ordinary regular meetings, not less than one month, the meeting has to meet when necessary, at the invitation of the President or a written request of one-third of its members filed in the office of President of the Council.
E. Council who may be assisted deems appropriate owners experiences and competencies, specialists and those concerned to attend its meetings without the right to vote.
. It shall form a Council decision of the Prime Minister in accordance with the laws and regulations in force.
G. The Council shall carry out the following tasks:
1. Drawing authority and direction of policies and the adoption of public and private plans for the short, medium and long term.
2. Propose rules of procedure.
3. Approving the annual budget of the Commission and the Fund for the project.
4. Final approval of the budget of the Commission and ratification of the accounts of the Fund.
5. The ratification of the cooperation with the national authorities and similar centers of the body agreements.
6. The adoption of conciliation and arbitration and to waive all claims in accordance with the laws and regulations in force.
7. Proposal preparation of draft laws that you need legal environment for export and to support domestic production and submit them to the authorities custodianship.
8. Proposal to bring branches or offices of the body inside the Syrian Arab Republic and abroad in coordination with the Foreign and Expatriates Ministry.
9. Approve the allowances and commissions charged by the Authority for the services provided and in coordination with the Ministry of Finance.
10. Monitor and evaluate the performance of the work of the Commission.
11. The adoption of a policy and program of work of the Fund.
12. Identify the beneficiary of domestic production of the Fund's services and conditions for the provision of services, incentives and mechanism granted.
13. Exercise such other functions relevant Council sees the need to be placed under the direct interest in line with the provisions of this law.
General manager is the exchange and Aaked ordered alimony and liquidation in accordance with the laws and regulations in force and shall be appointed by the Prime Minister upon the proposal of the minister and is accountable to the Council and the Commission to appear before the judiciary and others, and shall exercise the following powers:
A. Implementation of the resolutions issued by the Council.
B. Prepare short, medium and long-term plans, projects for the activities of the Authority and the Department of implementation after approval from the board.
C. Business Administration authority and supervision of the employees of administrative, financial and technical affairs.
D. Bonuses and impose disciplinary sanctions and the exercise of the right to appoint and upgrade, transfer and assignment of personnel and all other conditions for workers in accordance with the laws and regulations in force.
E. Contracting with experts and commercial agents in accordance with the laws and regulations in force.
. Propose the necessary work of the Commission to draft regulations and submit to the Board for approval.
G. Preparation of the annual budget of the Commission and presenting it to the Council for approval.
H. Provide quarterly reports on the activity of the Commission on the implementation of the approved plans and its financial position and submit them to the Board.
I. Proposal to cooperate with the authorities and similar centers agreements.
Me. Exercise any other duties or powers assigned to it by the Council.
Chapter V: Financial Services Authority
Commission shall have an independent budget and its financial resources consist of the following:
A. Allocations of the body in the state budget.
B. Allowances and commissions charged by the Commission in accordance with the provisions of this Act and the regulations issued thereunder.
C. Grants, subsidies, donations and grants provided to the Commission in accordance with the laws and regulations in force.
D. Returns their money, if any, as well as any other resources allowed by applicable laws and regulations.
Body uses resources to fund its plans and cover its expenses and the corresponding nature of the tasks entrusted to it.
A. Happen at the Commission Directorate called (the Fund Directorate support the development of domestic production and exports) is characterized by financial independence from the body and have an independent financial system and replace the updated Export Development Fund under the Legislative Decree No. 19 of 2009 and consists Fund's financial resources of the following:
1. Money earmarked for the support and development of domestic production and exports in the state budget.
2. Drawing three per thousand of the value of imports, which increases the drawn Customs on 1 percent.
3. Drawing one per thousand of the value of exports and folded paragraph 2 of Article 24 of Law No. 27 of 2009.
4. Grants, subsidies and grants and contributions provided to the Fund in accordance with the laws and regulations in force.
5. He returns his money and savings recycled from previous years.
6. Any other resources authorized by the laws and regulations in force.
B. Exercised Fund Directorate support the development of domestic production and exports following tasks:
1. Strengthen producers and exporters Syrians ability to compete with their counterparts from other countries.
2. Contribute to reducing domestic production costs and the Syrian exports to increase our competitiveness.
3. Local production support at various stages of the process of funding so as to enhance the development of value-added offline as determined by the Board.
4. The development of integrated programs to ensure the financing of the Syrian exports, according to scientific bases after the approval of the Council.
5. Perform any other task assigned by the Council for the purpose of supporting and developing local production and exports.
Chapter VI: Systems
A. Rules of Procedure of the Commission shall issue a decision from the minister on the proposal of the Council.
B. Issue of the financial system of the Fund and other regulations concerning the work of the Commission by the Council of Ministers on the recommendation of the Minister.
That is accomplished within a period of six months from the entry into force of this law.
Chapter VII: Financial Control
A. Fiscal year sets for the Financial Year for the state.
B. The Authority shall keep accounts in accordance with the provisions of the financial law in force under the Legislative Decree No. 54 of 2006 containing the basic financial law and Decree No. 488 for 2007 included financial and accounting system administrative nature of public authorities.
C. Are not in conflict with the provisions of this Act apply to the Commission provisions and legal texts related to public funds and money funds are subject to the supervision of the Central Agency for Financial Supervision.
Chapter VIII: General provisions
Taking into account the laws and regulations need to be on the public authorities and others to provide the Commission with documents and information required for the purposes of carrying out their duties in accordance with the provisions of this law.
A. The permanent staff in the development and export promotion body is redeployed to the updated authority under this law and keep wages and salaries and introduced them acquired for promotion and jobs while workers Vestmron contractors temporary work until the end of their use unless they are renewed or extended contracts in assets.
B. Angel numerical force of the body development and promotion of exports is considered the angel numerical updated the Commission under this Act, until the issuance of the new owners of the body by decree.
C. Financial system and the rules of procedure and the decisions of the compensation force in the development and export promotion body is in effect pending the Authority own systems.
Devolve all funds in calculating the updated Export Development Fund under the Legislative Decree No. 19 of 2009 to support the development of domestic production and exports updated fund under this law.
Turned all the savings the Syrian Exporters' Union about one per thousand fee on exports, according to paragraph 2 of Article 24 of Law 27 of 2009 to the support account and the development of domestic production and exports updated fund under this law.
While not provided for in this law body subject to the laws and regulations applicable to the administrative nature of public authorities.
Repealed Legislative Decree No. 6 of 2009 and Legislative Decree No. 19 of 2009.
This law shall be published in the Official Gazette.
Damascus on 28/3/1437 AH corresponding to 08/01/2016 AD's.
Scrutiny and coordinate
Egyptian lawyer Nahel
Search Translated Laws of Syria