0.512.166.51 translation Swiss agreement between the federal Council and the Government of the Federation of Russia on the bilateral cooperation in military training concluded on April 11, 2011, entered into force April 11, 2011 (status April 11, 2011) the Swiss federal Council and the Government of the Federation of Russia, called hereinafter "Contracting Parties";
eager to promote and expand their relationships based on mutual respect and taking into account of the interests of the Contracting Parties;
Stressing the need to strengthen mutual confidence, security and stability in Europe;
whereas the Contracting States to participate in the program of the "partnership for peace";
guided by the provisions of the Convention between the States Parties to the North Atlantic Treaty and the other States participating in the partnership for peace status of forces (SOFA of the PpP), concluded on 19 June 1995, and the additional protocol to the agreement between the States Parties to the North Atlantic Treaty and the other States participating in the partnership for peace status of forces (SOFA of the PpP) concluded on June 19, 1995;
considering that the military and civilian staff of the national armed forces of a Contracting Party can be sent and received on the territory of the other Contracting Party with the consent of the latter;
have agreed the following provisions: art. 1-1. This agreement sets the terms and conditions of the bilateral cooperation in military training. It defines the legal status of military and civilian personnel and the people at his office sent by the national armed forces of a Contracting Party in the territory of the other Contracting Party.
2. the preparation and execution of combat operations or other common military operations are not covered by this agreement.
Art. 2 the following definitions apply for the purposes of this agreement: a) the host Party is the Contracting Party on the national territory of which bilateral cooperation on military training measures are applied; b) the party of sending is the contracting party who sends his staff on the national territory of the other Contracting Party for the purposes of participation in bilateral cooperation in military training activities; c) staff of the sending party's military personnel and civilian of the armed forces of the sending party participating in the bilateral cooperation in military training activities, as well as his dependants.
Art. 3 the following Contracting Parties authorities are responsible for the implementation of this agreement: a) to the Swiss Confederation, the federal Department of defence, protection of the population and sports; ETB) for the Federation of Russia, the Ministry of defence of the Federation of Russia.
Art. 4-1. As part of this agreement, the Contracting Parties can implement the bilateral cooperation on military training as follows: a) instruction of military or civilian personnel in military training facilities of the Ministry of defence of the Federation of Russia and of the Swiss Confederation; b) training courses and training of military and civilian personnel in military training facilities of the Ministry of defence of the Federation of Russia and of the Swiss Confederation; c) instruction and joint exercises bilaterally between the Parties, and with third parties if necessary, for the purposes of acquisition of knowledge and skills practices; d) alpine instruction and training for mountain rescue; e) holding of meetings, conferences, seminars and symposia for the purpose of exchanging experiences in the various fields of military training, including military medicine and military history; e) observers in the exercises and joint exercises of peace enforcement; g) fulfillment of military activities sports and cultural.
2 other forms of bilateral cooperation on military training can be arranged with the agreement of the Contracting Parties.
Art. 5-1. To facilitate long-term planning, Contracting Parties may establish in advance of planning separate documents for events of mutual interest.
2. the implementation of specific activities of bilateral cooperation on military training can be set by special agreements subject to this agreement.
Art. 6-1. The legal status of the staff of the part of shipment is governed by the provisions of the SOFA of the PpP and the additional protocol to the SOFA of the PpP 2. Personnel of the sending party located on the territory of the host Party must respect the legislation in force on the territory of the host Party.
3. the host Party created the conditions for the stay of personnel in the party of sending its national territory. She helps staff the part of shipment for the administrative and technical issues.
4. According to agreement, the competent authorities of the host Party put an interpreter called the part of shipment available.
5. the staff of the sending party is allowed to wear military uniform in accordance with the provisions and regulations of the sending party.
Art. 7-1. The host Party must take the necessary measures to ensure security as well as to prevent and stop any illegal activity directed against the part of sending and possessions on its national territory.
2. the staff of the sending party is responsible for custody of the premises and land made available by the host Party, as well as the safety of material goods that are entrusted to him by the host Party or he brings with him.
3. during the performance of the activities covered by this agreement, the host Party is responsible for the safety of personnel in the party of sending outside the premises and land made available.
4. during the performance of his daily activities, personnel of the part of shipment collaborates with the competent national authorities of the host Party, within their competence, in accordance with the legislation in force on the territory of the host Party.
Art. 8-1. Weapons and ammunition may have in the territory of the host Party for the purpose agreed in this agreement.
2. the importation of weapons and ammunition on the territory of the party host and use are subject to the provisions of the legislation in force on the territory of the host Party. Each case subject to a prior agreement between the Contracting Parties.
3. part of sending staff for storage, transport and use of weapons and ammunition, must conform to the requirements and the security provisions of the part of shipment, provided that the corresponding security requirements of the host Party are not higher.
4. in the execution of joint exercises with the use of weapons and ammunition, the Contracting Parties comply with the provisions and regulations of the party host, as long as the requirements and safety regulations corresponding to the part of shipment are not higher.
Art. 9. the staff of the part of shipment is subject to the legislation in force on the territory of the host Party in the field of the protection of the environment.
Art. 10-1. The host Party must, as necessary and in accordance with the legislation in force on its territory, measures allowing the overflight of aircraft and vehicles to engine part of shipment in the territory of the host Party as well as their access to military facilities.
2 aircraft and the part of shipment motor vehicles must conform to the requirements of the legislation in force on the territory of the host Party.
Art. 11-1. During the engagement of own aircraft, part of sending meets the airworthiness of the aircraft and its equipment, the operation and the technical state course of the aircraft during the performance of the activities covered by this agreement.
2. in the event of an accident or incident involving aircraft, all investigations and technical procedures must be performed in accordance with the legislation in force on the territory of the host Party. Under his legislation, the host Party must immediately transmit to the party of sending all of the data and relevant information concerning the accident or incident.
3. the technical experts of the sending party are entitled to participate in the commission of inquiry, to access the crash and get all the information there related. The host Party welcomes sympathetically the requests made by the experts of the game to send the inquiry in question. The report on the results of the survey should be sent to the sending party.
Art. 12-1. The part of sending personnel must meet the requirements of medical and physical fitness and have the qualifications and the skills required by the party host for the activities concerned.
2. the party of sending ensures that its staff has insurance coverage.
3. the host Party provides to the part of shipment of medical and dental treatment that the extent and the quality are the same as those provided to its own civilian and military staff and the Member's dependants. The costs are supported by the sending party.
4 free medical emergency assistance is provided on the part of sending staff. On request of the sending party, the rest of the treatment of patients as well as their transfer in medical facilities are provided or performed by the host Party. All resulting costs are supported by the sending party.
Art. 13-1. The part of shipment guarantees that the equipment of its staff meets the requirements of the host for the activity party.
2. on request of the sending party, the host Party provides information on the equipment required.
Art. 14-1. The Contracting Parties take in charge their own costs relating to the activities of implementation of this agreement, provided that no further action be agreed.
2. the Contracting Parties are under no obligation, including reimbursement, other than those which are covered by this agreement or any other agreements entered into by the Contracting Parties in accordance with art. 5 art. 15-1. The Contracting Parties undertake not to disclose to third parties any information received in the context of the application of this agreement without prior written approval of the Contracting Party issuing and not to use this information at the expense of the issuing Contracting Party.
((2. the Contracting Parties may exchange classified information as part of the activities covered by this agreement: a) up to the level of "Internal/INTERN/AD USO INTERNO" for Swiss Confederation; b) up to the level "æ neoaeaaiiai iieuciaaie" for the Federation of Russia.
3. the Contracting Party which receives classified information must protect it and treat it in accordance with the legislation in force on its territory.
4. the transmission of information between the Contracting Parties must be in writing. Data media must be identified and registered with the reference to corresponding protection.
5. access of representatives of the party of sending to the military installations of the host Party is allowed if necessary, in accordance with the legislation in force on the territory of the host Party.
Art. 16. the Contracting Parties needed organize meetings and preparatory consultations for the evaluation, coordination or planning activities in relation to this agreement.
Art. 17. disputes that arise between the Contracting Parties about the interpretation or application of this agreement are resolved through negotiation between the competent authorities of the Contracting Parties.
Art. 18-1. This agreement comes into force on the date of its signature by the two Contracting Parties.
2. this agreement is concluded for a period of five years. It is automatically renewed for five years at the end of each period. Each Contracting Party may terminate this agreement in writing. If necessary, this agreement expires 90 days after receipt of the notification of the party.
3. the present agreement may be modified or completed by mutual agreement between the Parties, in writing and in the form of an additional protocol.
4. Notwithstanding any termination of this agreement, all of the financial obligations under this agreement continue to be subject to the provisions of this agreement.
Done in Moscow on April 11, 2011 in duplicate, each in German, Russian and English, and authentic.
To the Swiss federal Council: for the Government of the Federation of Russia: Walter B. Gyger Nikolay Egorovich Makarov RO 2011 3753 the original text is published under the same figure in the German edition of this compendium.
RS 0.510.1 RS 0.510.11 State on April 11, 2011