1 § Kungl. the library is the National Library and archives
audio and video documents and moving images as well as fulfill
documenting tasks and service information. Authority
1. receive, store, describe and provide the Swedish
press production in its entirety and such documents for
electronic reproduction referred to in paragraph 10 the law
(1993:1392) If copies of documents,
2. to receive, store and in accordance with section 6 of the regulation
(2008:1420) If copies of documents to provide
copies of films, phonograms, videograms, such documents
for electronic reproduction referred to in paragraph 14, third subparagraph
the law on legal deposit of documents and recordings of
sound radio and television programmes, and
3. within its field of action be a resource for research in
the role of mainly humanistic and social science
research libraries and promote the Swedish research
quality by providing an effective
research infrastructure. Regulation (2013:1050).
2 § the museums shall also
1. carry out the tasks arising from the
-Act (1993:1392) If copies of documents,
-law (2012:492) if the legal deposit of electronic materials,
Regulation (2008:1420) If copies of documents and
Regulation (2012:866) if the legal deposit of electronic
2. collect, store, describe and provide overseas
publications with Swedish ties,
3. collect, store, describe and provide a
representative collection of foreign literature, particularly in the
Social Sciences and Humanities,
4. nurture and improve the library's older collections of books
and other prints, manuscripts, maps and pictures,
5. produce national bibliography,
6. responding to questions about interactions between research libraries
with regard to digitisation and digital making available,
7. analyze developments in research libraries in the country.
3 § the museums shall deposit or gift receiving or
otherwise acquire such documents as referred to in paragraph 2 of 2 and 4,
other recordings of sound and moving image than those referred to
in 1 § 2 and such representations in writing, audio or mobile
image intended to be used in conjunction with
fixations. Regulation (2011:942).
4 § the museums shall, in respect of the documents referred to in paragraph 1 of 2
and paragraph 3 of the
1. caring for the collections held by the authority and
keep them in a satisfactory manner, and
2. Select the collections to the extent necessary.
5 § the museums shall have a national overview of the
public libraries and promote interaction and
development in the area. The authority shall be responsible in particular for
1. library statistics under the Act (2001:99) if the
official statistics and Regulation (2001:100) if the
2. National Library systems LIBRIS, and
3. the follow-up which the authority shall make, together with
the regional library activities and municipalities of how
the library plans to local governments assume in
under the Library Act (2013:801) is designed and how
they are used.
The authority shall also promote the development and coordination of
digital services and systems within the library system.
6 § the museums shall, within its field of activity to promote
international cooperation and interact with foreign
institutions and international organisations.
section 7 of the Authority is headed by a head of Government.
section 8 at the Agency, there shall be an Advisory Council consisting of
a maximum of ten members.
Positions and assignments
§ 9 the national Librarian is head of Government.
Staff disciplinary board
10 § at the Agency, there shall be a staff disciplinary board.
Applicability of certain regulations
11 § the museums shall apply the staff representatives Ordinance
Exemptions from government regulation
section 12 the following provision in the Government agencies Ordinance (2007:515)
shall not apply to the authority:
section 27 of the Authority's right to represent the State in court.