Read the untranslated law here: http://rkrattsbaser.gov.se/sfst?bet=2012:515
section 1 of the Swedish Arts Council's mission is to, on the basis of
the national cultural policy objectives, promote culture
development and availability by distributing and follow up
Government grants and other incentives.
2 § the museums shall in particular promote artistic and
culture politically valuable development in activities relating to
1. theater, dance, music and the performing arts,
2. literature, literary magazines, promoting reading and libraries,
3. image and form, as well as museums and exhibitions,
4. regional cultural activities,
5. Sami people and other national minorities ' culture,
6. other cultural purposes.
3 § the museums shall also
1. promote greater international and intercultural exchange
and collaboration within the entire field of culture,
2. integrate a gender, diversity and child and
youth perspective and also promote an international and
intercultural exchange and cooperation in their activities,
3. have an overall responsibility, sector responsibility,
disability issues related to the Agency's
field of activity and within the framework of these responsibilities be
collecting, supportive and proactive in relation to other
4. within the framework of cultural interaction model
Regulation (2010-2012) on the distribution of certain government grants
on regional cultural activities represent the State of the dialogue
with the relevant County Councils and municipalities,
5. consider questions about the exhibition guarantees according to Regulation
(1998:200) if State exhibition guarantees,
6. administer the price referred to in the Ordinance (2002:1091)
about Astrid Lindgren Memorial Award,
7. be national contact point for the EU's culture programme,
8. promote the significance of culture in other spheres of society,
9. dissemination of information and knowledge of the Agency's activities,
10. have the overall responsibility for that in its field of activity
promoting equal rights and opportunities regardless of sexual
orientation, gender identity and gender expression.
4 § in addition to the information the authority under paragraphs 1 to 3, the
undertake quests within their territory, in so far as it does not
distort competition on the market.
5 § the museums shall cooperate with the relevant authorities, county councils
and municipalities with responsibilities under the Regulation (2010-2012) on
distribution of certain government grants to regional
cultural activities, as well as with institutions, civil society
and other players.
The authority shall also promote cooperation, the exchange of experience and
learning between local, regional, national and
international actors engaged in activities relevant
for the flowering.
6 § the museums shall monitor and report to Government
business quantitative and qualitative results.
The following should be followed up and reported:
1. the State grants and other promotion
activities, per arts and cultural area,
2. how the State grant the design is complemented by
co-financing of counties, municipalities and other stakeholders, and
3. how the Agency's activities helped to meet the
national cultural policy objectives.
The authority shall submit proposals to the Government on how the efforts
within the Authority's remit could be improved and
7 § in addition to reporting under paragraph 6, the Agency shall follow up
and by 30 June each year report the following to the
1. the outcome of the Swedish applications to the EU's cultural and
media programs Creative Europe 2014-2020
2. the outcome of the Swedish project culture connection
been granted support from the European structural and
investment funds for 2014-2020 including projects within the
territorial cooperation programmes, and
3. the regional outcomes of the Authority's activities.
Report pursuant to paragraph 2 shall be carried out in cooperation with
National Heritage Board, the Swedish Film Institute and
The national archives.
The authority will also follow up and by 30 June
biennial report the regional results of other
cultural authorities and cultural institutions to
the Government. Regulation (2014:1524).
7 a section/entry into force: 01/01/2016 in the annual report present how the Agency pushed for the Sámi people and other national minorities ' culture in both cultural partnership model as other premium design and operations. Report shall be made on the basis of the national cultural policy objectives and the minority political targets areas language and cultural identity as well as influence and participation. Regulation (2015:796).
section 8 Authority is headed by a Board of Directors.
§ 9 the Board shall consist of not more than nine members.
section 10 within the Agency is a cooperative Council with the task of
coordinate national cultural political interests under
for cultural collaboration model. The Director General is the Chairman of the
the Partnership Council. The Government determines which State
authorities and national institutions to include in
the Partnership Council.
section 11 within the Agency, there is a special jury in charge of
the nomination and decides on the winners under the regulation
(2002:1091) concerning the Astrid Lindgren Memorial Award.
Positions and assignments
section 12 of the Director-General is the head of Government.
Staff disciplinary board
section 13 of the authority is a staff disciplinary board.
Applicability of certain regulations
14 § the museums shall apply the staff representatives Ordinance
(1987:1101) and internal audit regulation (2006:1228).
15 § the museums shall charge fees for such activities as
referred to in paragraph 4 and shall draw fee revenues.
The authority may provide for fees.
Search Translated Laws of Sweden