Contents of the regulation
Article 1 this regulation lays down provisions on State
compensation to the municipalities for the education in Swedish for
immigrants who are given to the aliens in immigration
fixed properties while they are waiting to be received for the
residence in a municipality. Regulation (2014:1547).
section 2 of the compensation will be provided for foreigners who are covered by the law
(2010:197) about start-up efforts for some new arrivals
immigrants and which are registered in and staying in
The Swedish Migration Board's fixed, but other
limitation to certain age than to the alien shall be filled
18 years of age. Regulation (2014:1547).
section 3 a municipality has the right to a standard compensation for
costs for education in Swedish for immigrants or
If the corresponding education
– the training given to a foreigner under section 2,
– the foreigner has the right to participate in such training according to
Education Act (2010:800) and
– the foreigner staying in a fixed property in the municipality.
If an alien is moving from a fixed property of a
municipality to a fixed property in another municipality, has also
This municipality the right to a standard compensation if the conditions laid down in
the first subparagraph are fulfilled.
section 4 of the flat-rate payment is left with 3 500 SEK for each
month that the foreigner involved in the training.
Decisions and payments
paragraph 5 of the Immigration Service hears questions about and pay out
compensation under this regulation.
section 6, an application for compensation must cover the entire duration of the
the foreigner participated in the training. The application must be received
the Immigration Agency within one year from the end of the
quarter if the alien left the fixed property in the municipality.
The compensation shall be paid in arrears quarter after application.
Payment may be made after that date if there is
special reasons. Regulation (2015:499).
Obligation to provide data
section 7 of the Municipalities are obliged to provide the immigration service the
data necessary for the Agency to assess their
rights to compensation under this regulation.
Refunds and chargebacks
section 8 a municipality which received compensation under this regulation are
repayment required if consideration has been given to the wrong
section 9 If a municipality is liable to repay, to
Immigration Service decide to reclaim it incorrectly
the amount paid.
If there are special reasons for it, the immigration service
refrain in whole or in part from a demand for a refund.
section 10 of the 22 a of the Administrative Procedure Act (1986:223) contains provisions
If the appeal to the administrative court.
section 11 of the Immigration Office may, after giving the Swedish
Municipalities and counties the opportunity to comment, notify
regulations on the enforcement of this regulation.
1. this Regulation shall enter into force on 6 August 2014.
2. Have been abrogated by Regulation (2015:499).
3. Compensation under the Ordinance shall be given for each foreigner
participating in training on 1 July 2014 onwards regardless
When the training started.
1. this Regulation shall enter into force on 1 June 2015.
2. the provisions of the new wording should be applied for the period from 1 January 2015.
3. If a municipality has a replacement for 2015, according to the regulation in the older wording to the already left the remuneration is deducted from the compensation to which the municipality is entitled to under the regulation in the new wording.