section 1 of this Act supplements
1. European Parliament and Council Regulation (EU) no 995/2010
of 20 October 2010 laying down obligations for
operators who place timber and timber products on the
2. regulations adopted with the support of the European Parliament's
and Council Regulation (EU) no 995/2010.
The words and expressions used in this law have the same
importance of Regulation (EU)
section 2 of The Government authority determines jurisdiction
authority in accordance with the European regulations referred to in article 1 and
According to this law.
section 3 of The competent authority shall exercise control of
1. that the European regulations referred to in section 1 and the decisions
has been granted on the basis of EU regulations are respected, and
2. that this Act, the regulations issued in connection
to the law and the decisions handed down on the basis of the law
The competent authority shall also ensure that the
decisions and rules are followed.
Article 4 the competent authority to the extent that
needed to control the right to
1. at the request of information, take note of the documents and
2. get access to areas, facilities and other facilities
related to the activities of the control and where the
conduct research and take samples of timber and timber products
can be obtained from illegally logged timber.
The right of access does not apply to housing.
5 § the competent authority may, in connection with the control of a
operators decide to at this take care of timber
or timber products placed on the market of
the operator if it is clear that timber or
timber originating from illegal logging. Such
disposal may be for a maximum period of six months.
Injunctions and prohibitions
6 § except as permitted by the regulations referred to in
section 1, the competent authority shall notify the injunctions and
ban needed to
1. the European regulations referred to in section 1 and the decisions
granted on the basis of EU regulations will be followed, and
2. in this Act, the regulations made in relation to
the law and the order issued pursuant to the Act,
7 § Injunctions or prohibitions under the European regulations
specified in section 1 or under section 6, may be subject to a penalty.
However, the competent authority may not submit to anyone at
penalty to participate in an investigation of an offence that could lead
the punishment for him or her.
The use of police authority
section 8 of the police authority shall, on request of the competent
authority with the necessary assistance to
1. exercise control under section 3, or
2. enforce an order issued pursuant to the
EU regulations referred to in section 1 or under this
The aid referred to in the first subparagraph may be requested only if
1. due to the particular circumstances give reason to suspect that
the operation cannot be carried out without the police man's special
powers under section 10 of the Police Act (1984:387) need
be used, or
2. otherwise, there are exceptional circumstances.
section 9 to a fine or imprisonment not exceeding six months convicted the
who wilfully or negligently contravenes the prohibition laid down in
Article 4(1), in conjunction with article 2, of the European Parliament and of the
Council Regulation (EU) no 995/2010 of 20 October 2010, in
the original wording, placing timber from illegal
logging or timber products derived from such timber on the
market, if harvesting has occurred in violation of the provisions of
the country of harvest in the case of
1. authorization or approval;
2. notification or notification to an authority or
the prescribed period after such notification or
3. terms and conditions of a permit or of a decision on
4. perimeter protection for the protection of specific habitats or species;
5. authorization or prohibition in the case of export. In call cases
It should not be responsible.
If the deed is subject to the same or stricter penalties
under the criminal code or under 29 Cape. 2 (b) § the Swedish environmental code,
shall not be liable under this section.
10 § whoever violated a fines may not be
to liability under this Act for the offence covered by
section 11 of the timber and timber products was the subject of the offence under
section 9 or the value thereof and the exchange of such an offence to be
be declared forfeited, unless it is manifestly unreasonable.
12 § the competent authority may provide that a decision taken by the
authority in accordance with the European regulations referred to in section 1 or
This Act shall take effect immediately while it appealed.
section 13 Decision by the competent authority pursuant to the
EU regulations referred to in section 1 of this Act and may be appealed
to the General Administrative Court.
Leave to appeal is required in the case of appeal to the administrative court.