Read the untranslated law here: http://www.boe.es/buscar/doc.php?id=BOE-A-2015-2063
The third additional provision of Act 39/2007, of 19 November, military career, established character of agent of the authority in the performance of their duties members of the armed forces who provide their services as police, military, naval, or air, or which involved in the operations described in the article 16.e) of the organic law 5/2005 17 November, national defense, in circumstances and conditions to be determined by regulation.
The Royal Decree 194/2010, of 26 February, laying down the rules on security in the armed forces, says the basic precepts relating to the safety of the units in the whole of the armed forces, being excluded the security related information, the specific operations, exercises and maneuvers, as well as aircraft, and the relative safety and occupational risk prevention.
Chapter III of this Royal Decree is the guards security and its components, establishing in article 15 that will pay as police, military, naval, or air service, and will therefore also agent for the authority.
In the first of the aforementioned Royal Decree additional provision, are collected the circumstances and conditions of performance of members of the armed forces as agents of the authority, when they intervene framed in the military unit of emergencies (UME), under command or operational control of the operations described in the article 16.e) of the organic law 5/2005 on November 17, and in the case of other public needs in support of the State security bodies and forces. In addition, sets that the members of the armed forces who provide their services as police, military, naval or air and allocations of the Navy ships in the exercise of functions of surveillance and maritime safety attributed legally or by international agreements signed by Spain will also agent for the authority in the exercise of their duties.
The additional provision segunda.3 of the Royal Decree 194/2010, of 26 February, establishes that media ID which is referenced and rules adopted shall be determined by order of the Minister of defence. In this sense, visible methods of identification on the uniform, he credited as agent of the authority to the military acting as such in the exercise of their functions are set in this ministerial order and normalizes identification as military police, Naval police and air police.
By virtue, I have: article 1. Approval.
Approve the means of identification that must carry the members of armed forces who have the character of agent of the authority in the exercise of their functions on the uniform.
Article 2. Object.
This ministerial order is to determine the means of identification visible on uniform showing as agent of authority to personnel of the armed forces who have such consideration pursuant to that established in Royal Decree 194/2010, of 26 February, which approves the rules on security in the armed forces.
Article 3. Scope of application.
This ministerial order is applicable to all military personnel having agent for the authority in the exercise of their functions.
Article 4. Functions with agent for the authority.
International Royal Decree 194/2010, on 26 February, and for the purpose of this ministerial order, there are two groups of functions in which military personnel acts as agent of the authority: to) group formed by the military carried out the missions described in the first additional provision, paragraphs 1 and 4, of the Royal Decree 194/2010 , 26 February.
(b) a group formed by the military who exercise functions of military police, Naval or air.
Article 5. Means of identification.
Establish four means of identification for the purposes of this standard: to) cuff.
(c) personal identification badge.
(d) personal identification card.
Article 6. Cuff.
1. the cuff allows clear visual identification the military agent of authority, police, military, naval or air, being ported when performing functions of those included in article 4.
2. the cuff will be on the left, as part of the uniform arm, and will include a flag of Spain 4 top by 3 centimeters. The head of the of the defence staff and the heads of State most of the army, the Navy and the air force, will govern its design, including color and how to attach it to the uniform, attending to this ministerial order.
3. establish two different models corresponding to the groups established in article 4. For the military included in article 4.a group), the cuff will be engraved the words "Armed forces" and under this registration, will be labeled 'Agent of authority'. For staff of the group item 4.b), just include the letters «PM», «PN» or «PA», corresponding respectively to military police, police Naval or air police. All texts will be blank.
Article 7. High visibility vest.
1. the high visibility vest is a means of identification that allows viewing and personal protection of the military, facilitating their location.
2. will it be used in missions of traffic control, actions in case of natural emergencies and others in which their employment involves a decrease in the occupational hazard of the military.
3. This vest will be in accordance with the specific legislation and with two horizontal bands. There will be two models according to the groups described in article 4, with the sign «Armed forces» and under 'Agent of authority', for item 4.a group), either the labeling of "Military police", "Naval police" or "Air police" for the Group of item 4.b). These texts will focus on the back of the vest. The front shall set forth in the upper left corner. The head of the of the defence staff and the heads of State most of the army's land of the Navy and the air force, will govern its design, including color, attending to this ministerial order.
Article 8. Distinctive personal identification.
1. the distinctive personal identification serves to demonstrate to the carrier as agent of the authority, by means of a bracket that will be engraved a number of identification personal, coincident with that provided for in point 5 of this article.
2. the identification badge will be exclusively for staff that is military police, Naval or air, in the exercise of their functions.
3. the dimensions of the stand will be 30 × 10 mm, taking over the uniform, in the upper part of the left breast pocket.
4. its use is indicated in the actions of the military when the character of agent of the authority pursuant to chapters III and IV of the Royal Decree 194/2010, of 26 February, by which approve the rules on security in the armed forces, including the components of the security guard by his character of police during the execution of the same.
5. the numbers of the hallmarks of personal identification, which does not match the military identification card, shall be granted by the heads of State most of the army, the Navy and the air force, following the acquisition of training and appropriate, given preparation for military education and the corresponding plan of instruction and training as military police Naval or air.
Article 9. Personal identification card.
1 personal identification card certifies the status of military police, Naval or air of the military in favor of which it is issued. It will serve as an additional means of identification of the police, military, naval or air wearing uniform and only when you do so in civilian clothes.
2. personal identification card will include the number of the badge of personal identification that article 8 refers to be designated the condition of military escort to members of the military, naval or air police carrying out tasks of protection of members of the armed forces.
3 it will be used in conjunction with the national identity document.
4. the model of the personal identification card will be developed by the Minister of defence.
5. the heads of State most of the army, the Navy and the air force will be authorities empowered to issue, within their competence, personal identification card upon overcoming of the corresponding plan of instruction such as military police, Naval or air.
First additional provision. Joint use of PM indication.
The Central Organ of Defense and Royal Guard units may carry the indication «PM» in cuff and high visibility vest, regardless of the army of origin of the military carrying it.
Second additional provision. International missions.
In carrying out international missions, the Visual to use means of identification will be based on its own legislation, which will be guided by this rule, those that are established for each operation and mandates of the Organization, host nation or international coalition responsible for the same.
Third additional provision. No increase in public spending.
The adoption of this provision does not imply increased public expenditure.
First transitional provision. Identity of the escort card.
Members of the military police, Naval or air designated as escorts for military authorities continue to using the card of identity of the escort regulated by order 33/1987, of June 12, that creates the identity of the military escort card and determines the authorities empowered to issue, up to the development and implementation of the personal identification card referred to in article 9 of this ministerial order.
Second transitional provision. Curricula.
Members of the armed forces currently exercising tasks of military police, Naval or air, including the bodyguards of military authorities and the components of the security guards, will continue providing its services to the overcoming of the corresponding curriculum of the military education and necessary instruction and training, which will be developed by the heads of State most of the army the Navy and the air force in the field of its competences.
Sole repeal provision. Repeal legislation.
1 are repealed the following provisions: to) order 54/1986, of 3 July, on performance of the escorts in the protection of military authorities.
b) order 33/1987, of June 12, which creates the identity of the military escort card and determines the authorities empowered to issue.
2. in addition, all provisions of equal or lower rank, who oppose provisions of this ministerial order are hereby repealed.
First final provision. Application instructions.
1. the Chief of the General staff of the defence, the Undersecretary of Defense, heads of State most of the army, the Navy and the air force, the Chief of the fourth military House of his Majesty the King, will establish the instructions for the application of this ministerial, in relation to staff them dependent order.
2 the Secretary of State for defence is authorized to draw up the technical requirements and procedures necessary for the application of this ministerial order.
Second final provision. Entry into force.
This ministerial order shall enter into force the day following its publication in the "Official Gazette".
Madrid, February 23, 2015.-the Minister of Defense, Pedro Morenés Eulate.
Search Translated Laws of Spain