Read the untranslated law here: http://www.boe.es/buscar/doc.php?id=BOE-A-2015-7957
Blue tongue or Bluetongue is a disease included in the health code for terrestrial animals of the World Organisation for Animal Health (OIE) and the list of diseases notifiable in the European Union, so it is in annex I.A of Royal Decree 526/2014, of 20 June, which sets the list of notifiable diseases and regulates its notification. Them measures facing this disease are regulated by the Real Decree 1228 / 2001, of 8 of November, by which is establish measures specific of fight and eradication of the fever catarrhal sheep or language blue, that incorporates to the ordering legal internal it Directive 2000 / 75 / CE, of the Council, of 20 of November, by which is approved provisions specific relating to them measures of fight and eradication of the fever catarrhal sheep. This policy is developed by Regulation (EC) No. 1266 / 2007, of the Commission, on 26 October, whereby the provisions of application of Directive 2000/75/EC of the Council, as regards the control, monitoring, surveillance and restrictions on the transfer of certain animals of species susceptible to bluetongue.
It fight facing them different serotypes of the virus of the language blue that have been detected in Spain is has led to out through a program of surveillance, a program of vaccination and the control of the movements of them animals sensitive. Programmes adapted to the epidemiological evolution of the disease is done by successive orders Ministerial, the last one being the order AAA/88/2015, 29 January, to establish specific measures of protection in relation to blue tongue.
It evolution epidemiological recent of the disease has State marked by it finding, from September of 2014, of the circulation of the serotype 4 of the virus of it language blue out of them limits of the area restricted for the serotype 4 existing in that time, and of the reintroduction of the serotype 1 in the province of Cadiz, in November of 2014.
In response to this new epidemiological situation approved the aforementioned order AAA/88/2005, of 29 January, in order to expand the areas of restriction for serotype 4, expand vaccination against serotypes 1 and 4 areas and establish requirements to the movements of animals and genetic material of animal origin.
Recently, Spain is has declared free of the serotype 1 in the strip north and this of its territory peninsular with base in them requirements for the Declaration of area free facing a serotype established in the Regulation (CE) No. 1266 / 2007, of the Commission, of 26 of October.
Tal_y_como set article 8.1. b) of Regulation (EC) No. 1266 / 2007, of the Commission of 26 October has has carried out an assessment of the risk that represents the movement of susceptible animals in relation to blue tongue. Result of this evaluation it has been estimated that the use of inactivated vaccines, as well as the seasonally free period, represent the most appropriate way of providing the necessary health guarantees in the movements of the species that can potentially spread the disease in our territory, inside and between restricted areas and from these to free trade zone.
Accordingly, comes repeal it order AAA / 88 / 2015, of 29 of January, in order define them new areas of restriction facing the virus of the language blue in Spain, establish them areas of vaccination compulsory for both serotypes, as well as the conditions for the movement inside and between them areas restricted and towards them new areas free.
In the process of elaboration of this provision have been consulted the autonomous communities and the sectors concerned.
In his virtue, and to the amparo of it established in the article 8 of the law 8 / 2003, of 24 of April of health animal, and in the available end second of the Real Decree 1228 / 2001, of 8 of November, by which is establish measures specific of fight and eradication of the fever catarrhal sheep or language blue, have: article 1. Object and scope of application.
The purpose of this order is to establish specific protection measures against Bluetongue, of application throughout the national territory.
Article 2. Definitions.
1. for the purposes of this order, shall apply the definitions provided for in article 3 of the law 8/2003, of 24 April, animal health, in article 2 of the Royal Decree 1228 / 2001, 8 November, by which establish specific measures of control and eradication of ovine catarrhal fever or Bluetongue, and in article 2 of Regulation (EC) No. 1266 / 2007 , the Commission, on October 26, 2007, by which establish rules for the application of Council Directive 2000/75/EC as regards the control, monitoring, surveillance and restrictions on the transfer of certain animals of species susceptible to bluetongue.
(2. also, is means as: to) area restricted facing the serotype 4 of the virus of the language Blue: the cities of Ceuta and Melilla and the provinces, regions and municipalities listed in the annex I.
(b) restricted area against the Bluetongue virus serotype 1: the cities of Ceuta and Melilla and the provinces, districts and municipalities listed in annex II.
(c) free zone: the autonomous provinces, regions and municipalities not included in the areas restricted against serotypes 1 and 4.
(d) exploitation vaccinated: that exploitation in which, during the last year, is has led to out a vaccination and revaccination, in case of primovacunaciones, according to them specifications of the vaccine and that this has reached the whole of animals sheep and cattle higher of 3 months present in it exploitation in the date of vaccination. In the case of the feedlots, also means that you it's a vaccinated holding one in which animals present there have respected the conditions of the movements referred to in this order.
(e) vaccinated animal: the animal that in the last year has been vaccinated and revaccinated in the case of the primovacunación, in accordance with the specifications of the vaccine.
Article 3. Requirements for intra-Community movements and to the Canary Islands and the Balearic Islands of animals, their semen, ova and embryos of sensitive species from restricted areas.
Animals, their semen, ova and embryos of susceptible species from holdings situated in the restricted areas members with conditions sets can move to life or sacrifice directly towards free trade zone or territory of other States to effect Regulation (EC) No. 1266 / 2007, of the Commission of 26 October.
Article 4. Requirements for domestic movements of animals of susceptible species within and across restricted areas, as well as from these to the area it situated in Peninsular.
1 the competent authority shall authorise the movement of animals of susceptible species within and between restricted areas, as well as from these to the area located in Peninsular Spanish both with destiny life as sacrifice, provided that they do not show clinical signs of the disease, except in the case of: a) of sheep or bovine animals originating from the respective vaccination zones referred to in paragraphs 1 and 2 of article 6 , in which case, the vector-free off-season, will be only authorized the movement if it's animals: 1 from vaccinated farms, and 2nd vaccinated against the respective serotypes or animals under 4 months from vaccinated mothers, and 3rd ferried in vehicles that must be desinsectados before loading.
(b) sheep or bovine animals located in the respective areas of vaccination referred to in paragraphs 1 and 2 of article 6 coming from restricted areas of other countries of the European Union, in which case will be authorized for the output of these animals in accordance with the conditions laid down in paragraph A.5 of the annex III to Regulation (EC) No. 1266 / 2007 , of the Commission, unless there is a bilateral agreement with the country of origin, in which case the terms of that agreement, which should include health guarantees applicable to movements of animals apply agreed by the competent authorities.
(c) animals of species susceptible to bluetongue in bodies, institutes and centres approved in accordance with Annex C of Royal Decree 1881 / 1994 of 16 September, establishing the animal health conditions applicable to intra-Community trade in and imports from third countries of animals, semen, ova and embryos not subject , with respect to these conditions, the provisions contained in section 1 of Annex A of the Royal Decree 1316 / 1992 of 30 October, destined to another body, Institute or centre approved, in which case the competent authority shall authorise such movements in accordance with provisions in Regulation (EC) No. 1266 / 2007, of the Commission of 26 October.
2. during it station free of vectors, as is defined in the annex V of the Regulation (CE) No. 1266 / 2007, is will allow the movement of them animals of species sensitive if not presented signs clinical of the disease in the day of your transport, except them animals referred in them points 1, letter b and 1, letter c of this article , that is moved in accordance with the conditions collected respectively in the mentioned points.
3. Notwithstanding the provisions of paragraphs 1 and 2, in the case of animals of susceptible species which, from free zone have moved to fairs, markets, centres of concentration and traders or traders located in restricted areas, as well as in the case of bulls from free zone act as hats or have been rejected in Bullrings located in restricted areas and are not subjected to its lidia (, the competent authority shall authorise its movement from these facilities within and between restricted areas, as well as from these towards the area free in Spanish Peninsular where animals offered the following health guarantees: to) remain in the mentioned facilities during a period of less than seven days.
(b) are protected from vectors attack throughout their stay.
(c) do not present symptoms clinical of the disease the day of their transport.
Article 5. Requirements for national movements of semen, ova and embryos of sensitive species within and across restricted areas, as well as from these to the area it situated in Peninsular.
The competent authority shall authorise the movement of sperm, ova and embryos of species susceptible within restricted areas and restricted areas, as well as from these towards the free trade zone located in peninsular territory when they offer appropriate guarantees of health based on a risk assessment pro with regard to measures against the spread of the virus of the catarrhal fever in sheep and protection from vectors that require the competent authorities of the place of origin and have been approved by the authorities competent of the place of destination, previously to the movement of such products.
Article 6. Vaccination of susceptible species.
1. the vaccination facing the serotype 1 of the virus of the language blue of them animals of them species sheep and bovine older of 3 months of age is compulsory in the event that such animals is locate in the area restricted facing the serotype 1 established in the annex II.
2. vaccination against Bluetongue virus serotype 4 is mandatory in the animals of the ovine and bovine species older than 3 months where such animals are located in the restricted area against the serotype 4 provided for in annex I.
3. is will be four campaigns annual consecutive of the vaccination planned in the paragraphs 1 and 2, from 2015 to 2018, both inclusive.
Responsibility of the holder of the exploitation, is the through the corresponding authorized veterinarian, carry out vaccination provided for in this article. The competent authority shall establish appropriate controls to ensure that the campaign is successful.
4. without prejudice of it established in them points 1 and 2, the authority competent may apply programs vaccine special in certain farms that consider of risk especially high for the transmission of the virus of the language blue.
5 vaccination will take place with the following requirements: a) in the case of bovine animals, data of vaccination (vaccination, serotype and date of application type) in the database of the General Register of Individual identification of animals (RIIA) established must be recorded as the Royal Decree 728/2007, on 13 June, which establishes and regulates the general movements of cattle register and the general individual animal identification registry.
(b) in the case of ovine, in those animals that must be identified electronically, according to Royal Decree 685/2013, 16 September, by which establishes a system of identification and registration of ovine and caprine animals, shall be entered data of vaccination (vaccination, serotype and date of application type) in the database of the RIIA , expected in the Royal Decree 728 / 2007, from 13 of June. When the animals are not identified electronically, the vaccination data will be included into the register of the exploitation.
(c) them authorities competent of them communities autonomous will keep a record of them animals vaccinated, in which, at least, will appear the year and month of primo vaccination and of successive vaccinations, the code of exploitation and the identification individual of them animals, when appropriate.
((((d) the necessary data for the immunization record referred in paragraphs a), b) and c) above shall notify to the competent authority by the corresponding approved veterinarian or, where appropriate, the holder of the exploitation, within a maximum period of 7 days from the application of each vaccine dose.
(e) to give compliance to it established in the article 11.2 of the Real Decree 1228 / 2001, of 8 of November, them authorities competent of them communities autonomous shall send to the Subdirectorate General of health and hygiene Animal and traceability of the Ministry of agriculture, power and environment, them programs vaccine that intend to apply in its territory, in order move it to it Commission European.
(f) in all cases, the vaccination will take place with inactivated vaccine. The animals must be vaccinated in accordance with the Protocol of application of dose collected in the authorization of marketing of the vaccine.
Article 7. Sanctioning regime.
In the event of failure to comply with the provisions of this order shall apply the regime of offences and penalties provided for in law 8/2003, of April 24, without prejudice to possible civil, criminal responsibility or of another order that can attend.
Sole additional provision. Modification of the zones restricted.
The restriction areas consist of an area of at least one radius of 50 Km from the infected holding. This area may be modified taking in has the situation geographic and them factors ecological, them conditions weather, the presence and distribution of the vector, them data historical of distribution of the disease.
It empowers the General Director of health of the agricultural production to modify by means of resolution, which will be published in the official Gazette, the restricted areas of the annex to this order on the basis of the notifications received from the autonomous communities.
Sole repeal provision. Repeal legislation.
The order AAA/88/2015, 29 January, to establish specific measures of protection in relation to blue tongue is repealed.
Available end first. Title competence.
This order is issued under the aegis of the provisions in article 149.1, 16th, first subparagraph, of the Spanish Constitution, which attributes to the State the exclusive competence in bases and general coordination of the health rule.
Second final provision. Entry in force.
This order shall enter into force the day following its publication in the "Official Gazette".
Madrid, 14 July 2015.-the Minister of agriculture, food and environment, Isabel García Tejerina.
(ANNEX I area restricted facing the serotype 4 of the virus of the language blue is considered area restricted facing the serotype 4 of the virus of the language blue them following Territories: 1. in the community autonomous of Andalusia: to) provinces of Cordoba, Cadiz, Huelva, Malaga and Seville.
(b) in the province of Jaén: the veterinary regions of Alcalá la Real, Huelma, Úbeda, Linares, Andújar, Jaén and Santiesteban del Puerto.
(c) in the province of Granada: the veterinary region of Motril (Granada coast).
2. in the autonomous community of Castilla - La Mancha: the provinces of Toledo and Ciudad Real.
3 in the autonomous community of Castilla y León: to) in the province of Ávila: the veterinary regions of Arenas de San Pedro, Candeleda, Cebreros, El Barco de Avila, Las Navas del Marques, Navaluenga and Sotillo de la Adrada.
(b) in the province of Salamanca: the counties veterinary of Bejar and Sequeros.
4. the autonomous community of Extremadura.
5. in the autonomous community of Madrid: the regions of veterinary of Aranjuez, Arganda del Rey, Alcalá de Henares, Colmenar Viejo, El Escorial, Madrid City, Navalcarnero, San Martín de Valdeiglesias, Torrelaguna, Villarejo de Salvanés.
ANNEX II area restricted against serotype 1 virus bluetongue to) in the autonomous community of Andalusia: 1. the provinces of Cadiz, Cordoba, Huelva, Malaga and Seville.
2. in the province of Granada: the region of Motril.
3. in the province of Jaén: the veterinary regions of Alcalá la Real, Andújar, Huelma, Jaén, Linares, Santiesteban the port and Úbeda.
(b) in the autonomous community of Castilla - La Mancha: 1 in the province of Toledo: 1. the veterinary regions of Belvis de la Jara and Oropesa.
2. in the veterinary region of Navalmorales: the municipality of San Bartolomé de las Abiertas.
3. in the veterinary of Talavera de la Reina region: the municipalities of Almendral de la Cañada, Buenaventura, Calera and huts, Castillo de Bayuela, Cazalegas, Cervera de los Montes, El Real de San Vicente, Hinojosa de San Vicente, Marrupe, enhanced, Montesclaros, Navamorcuende, cucumber, La Iglesuela, La Pueblanueva, the inheritance, San Román de los Montes, Sartajada, Segurilla, Sotillo de las Palomas, Talavera de la Reina and evening.
2nd in the province of Ciudad Real: the veterinary regions of Almadén, Almodóvar del Campo and Piedrabuena (ancient comarcas of Horcajo de los Montes and Piedrabuena).
(c) in the autonomous community of Castilla y León: 1 in the province of Ávila: the veterinary region of Candeleda.
2nd in the province of Salamanca: the veterinary region of Fragua.
(d) in the autonomous community of Extremadura:
1 in the province of Badajoz: the regions veterinary of Azuaga, Don Benito, Castuera, Herrera of the Duke, Sherry of them Knights and Zafra.
2nd in the province of Caceres: 1. them regions veterinary of Coria, Logrosán (Zorita), Plasencia and Valencia de Alcantara.
2. in the district veterinary of Cáceres: the municipalities of Garrovillas, Hinojal, Monroy, Santiago of field and Talavan.
3. in the veterinary of Navalmoral region: the municipalities of Aldeanueva de la Vera, Almaraz, Belvis de Monroy, Berrocalejo, Bohonal de Ibor, Carrascalejo, Casatejada, Collado, Cuacos de Yuste, El Gordo, Garganta la Olla, Guijo de Santa Bárbara, Jaraíz de la Vera, Jarandilla de la Vera, Losar de la Vera, Madrigal de la Vera, flocks, Mesas de Ibor, Millanes, Navalmoral de la Mata , Peraleda de la Mata, Robledillo de la Vera, Romangordo, Rosalejo, Saucedilla, Serrejón, Talaveruela de la Vera, Talayuela, Toril, Torremenga, Valdecañas de Tajo, Valdelacasa de Tajo, Valdehuncar, Valverde de la Vera, Viandar de la Vera, Villanueva de la Vera and Villar del Pedroso.
Search Translated Laws of Spain