Read the untranslated law here: http://www.boe.es/buscar/doc.php?id=BOE-A-2015-8803
Approval of the order DEF/166/2015, of 21 January, which develops the basic organization of the armed forces, involved the partial development of Royal Decree 872/2014, on 10 October, whereby the basic organisation of the armed forces. This grade of development allowed the repeal of them 10 orders Ministerial in which was dispersed the Organization of them forces armed, collecting the content of all them and adapting it in the measure of it necessary with arrangement to the legislation existing; in particular, to the organic law 5/2005 of 17 November, national defense and the aforementioned Royal Decree.
However, units that are described in this ministerial order do not imply total which, pursuant to its article 3.3, are the responsibility of the holder of the Department, so it is necessary to enact this provision to complement to the previous and that allows the head of biggest State of the Navy can develop their own organization.
The explanatory memorandum of the order DEF/166/2015, of 21 January, details the aspects that have been taken into account in its drafting, that they have been, also applied to the drafting of this ministerial order.
By virtue, I have: single article. Approval of the Organization of the Navy.
According to what is established in the Royal Decree 872/2014, of 10 October, which establishes the basic organization of the armed forces, and in accordance with the order DEF/166/2015, of 21 January, which develops the basic organization of the armed forces, approved the Organization of the Navy, which is then inserted.
Provision additional first. Colleges.
1. in it not regulated by this order ministerial, the operation of them organs collegiate that in the same is cite is will adjust to it planned in the title II, chapter II, of the law 30 / 1992, of 26 of November, of regime legal of the administrations public and of the procedure administrative common.
2. membership or participation in the meetings of these bodies will not lead the perception of any remuneration or compensation involving increased public expenditure.
Second additional provision. No increase in public spending.
Enforcement of this ministerial order, including the modification of the existing units and the creation of those that may be necessary, will be no increase in cost of operation of the Navy and will not pose increased public expenditure.
Sole transitional provision. Existing units.
1. the units referred to in this ministerial order they perform their duties and committed as the necessary organic adaptations are occurring and be transferred such functions and committed.
2 units not covered by this ministerial order will depend on any of the items set forth herein, pursuant to which the head of State more of the Navy, has and will continue to exercise their functions and committed until entry into force of the statement issued by the authority that will develop this ministerial order, the necessary organic adaptations occur and those functions and duties transferred to new units.
First final provision. Powers of development.
1 empowers the head of biggest State of the Navy to develop this ministerial order in accordance with the terms set out in article 3.4 and article 4, both the order DEF/166/2015, of 21 January.
2. Likewise, in relation to units set out in this ministerial order non-force and whose command corresponds to the use of Colonel, allows it that, as a result of restructuring of the Navy, you can delete or integrate these units, prior authorisation of the Minister of defence. Lower with the favorable report of the Undersecretary of Defense, in accordance with section 3.4 of the order DEF/166/2015, of 21 January can also modify the use of the remote control of the unit one immediately.
Second final provision. Entry into force.
This ministerial order shall enter into force the day following its publication in the "Official Gazette".
Madrid, 30 July 2015.-the Minister of Defense, Pedro Morenés Eulate.
ORGANIZATION OF THE NAVY CHAPTER I the Cuartel General article 1. Organization of the headquarters.
The General Headquarters of the Navy is constituted by: to) the greatest State of the Navy.
(b) the Cabinet of the head of major State of the Navy).
(c) the Chief of General Services, technical assistance and information systems and telecommunications.
((d) the body of history and culture Naval e) counsel.
f) the Central Executive intervention in the Navy.
(g) the Central maritime Court.
Article 2. The General staff.
The largest state of the Navy is divided into: to) the headquarters.
b) the Secretary General of the State more.
(c) the plans Division.
(d) Operations Division.
(e) the Logistics Division.
Article 3. The Chief of General Services, technical assistance and information systems and telecommunications.
1 Chief of General Services, technical assistance and information systems and telecommunications is articulated through: to) technical assistance bodies.
(b) General Service bodies.
(c) the head of systems of information and telecommunications.
2. the bodies of technical assistance will be responsible for providing technical assistance, especially in the areas of mapping, publications, sociology, statistics and operational military research.
3. the organs of general services grouped to the units responsible for the safety and support, facilitate your life and performance and to the maintenance of the installations of the headquarters and other agencies located in Madrid and its geographical environment.
4. the head of information systems and telecommunications will be responsible for the operation, management and control systems of information and telecommunications, as well as the security of information and the Cyber Defence in the field of the Navy.
Article 4. The body of history and Naval culture.
1 history and Naval culture body is articulated in: to) the Institute of history and Naval culture.
b) the Naval Museum.
(c) the archival subsystem of the Navy.
2. the Institute of history and Naval culture is responsible for the research and dissemination of naval history and bibliographic and cultural heritage of the Navy.
3. the Naval Museum is governed by Royal Decree 596/2014, of 11 July, which regulates the operation and sets the basic organizational structure of the Naval Museum, the Royal Trust and museums subsidiaries.
4. the archival subsystem of the Navy is responsible for the protection, conservation, cataloguing, research and dissemination of its documentary heritage.
Article 5. The Central maritime Court.
The Central maritime Court performs its functions pursuant to the provisions of the first transitional provision of law 14/2014, of 24 July, maritime navigation, and is governed by the provisions of title II of the law 60/1962, of 24 December, which regulates maritime aid, rescue, trailers, finds and extractions, which (, in quality of regulatory standards, continue in force pursuant to the provisions of the single repealing provision, paragraph (f)), of the aforementioned Act 14/2014, of 24 July, and by the Decree 984/1967, 20 April, which approves the regulation for application of the law 60/1962, of 24 December regulating the aid Salvage, trailers, finds and extractions maritime.
CHAPTER II the force article 6. The force units.
1. the denomination of the units of the armed forces, their capacities and types as well as their entity shall be consistent with the concepts defined in the military doctrine and tradition.
2. without prejudice to other functions which you can entrust them, the units of the force have as main task prepare to set up operational structures for the conduct of military operations, by its transfer to the operational structure of the armed forces, according to military doctrine.
3. in force, the auxiliary organ of control which lends its support to a general officer is called «staff». When you lend it to an officer, you can receive the name of «headquarter orders» or «staff».
Article 7. Organization of the force.
1. the strength of the Navy is established by the fleet, dependent directly from the head of biggest State of the Navy.
2 the fleet is divided into: to) the General Headquarters of the fleet.
(b) the Naval action force).
(c) the maritime action force.
(d) the marine infantry force.
(e) the Flotilla of submarines.
f) fleet of aircraft.
(g) the center of evaluation and certification for combat.
(h) the doctrine of the fleet Center.
Article 8. The General Headquarters of the fleet.
1 the following units are framed in the General Headquarters of the fleet: a) the largest state of the fleet.
(b) the assistantship greater the Cuartel General of fleet).
(c) the Legal Department of the Navy in the Bay of Cadiz.
2 the staff of the fleet is divided into: to) the resource section, which will be responsible for the recruitment of units of force in all aspects of operational logistics and coordination and control in economic matters, except in relation to information and telecommunications systems.
b) the operations section, which will be responsible in the field of training, evaluation and certification of units, generating forces and operational groups, monitoring the activity of the units and fleet commands assigned to other commands during the conduct of operations and exercises, and activities and management of the cycle of intelligence in the field of the fleet.
(c) the plans section, which will be responsible in terms of organization, operation and processes in the field of fleet, relations of the fleet with the Allied navies, process of force generation and tracking of the naval contribution within the framework of national or multinational organizations not tactical aspects of the planning of the activities of these forces and contribution to the definition of media.
(d) the section CIS, which will be responsible for the coordination and implementation in the fleet of the doctrine and operating procedures of the information systems and telecommunications, the planning and determination of the needs of the systems of information, communications and cryptographic material, both national and NATO, the allocation of priorities in the use of available media and the dissemination and enforcement of regulations INFOSEC.
3. the greater of the fleet headquarters Assistant is responsible for providing general services to framed in the headquarters units and the units of the fleet located at the Naval Base of Rota expressly assigned to it.
Article 9. The strength of action Naval.
1 the Naval action force is divided into: to) the General Headquarters, in which integrates a higher State.
(b) the Group's action Naval 1.
(c) the Group of 2 Naval action.
2 Naval 1 action group is divided into: to) the 31.ª squadron of bodyguards.
(b) the 41.ª squadron of bodyguards.
3 2 Naval action group is divided into: to) the "Juan Carlos I" ship.
(b) the vessel "Castilla".
(c) the ship «Galicia».
Article 10. Maritime action force.
1 maritime action force is divided into: to) the General Headquarters, where he joins a staff and the legal advice of the Navy in Cartagena b) the Naval command of the Canary Islands.
(c) the command of the force units of maritime action in Cádiz and Cádiz Naval command.
(d) the command of the force units of maritime action in Cartagena and Naval command of Cartagena.
e) the command of the units of force of maritime action in Naval command of Ferrol and A Coruña and Ferrol.
f) the Naval Sector of the Balearic Islands in which integrates the Naval command of Palma de Mallorca.
(g) the ship school "Juan Sebastián de Elcano".
(h) measures force Contraminas.
(i) the center of diving of the Navy.
(j) the Instituto Hidrográfico in the Marina.
(k) the following naval commands: 1 the Naval command of Algeciras.
2. the Naval command of Alicante.
3rd the naval command of Almería.
4th Naval headquarters in Barcelona.
5 the Naval command of Bilbao.
6 the Naval command of Ceuta 7th Naval command of Gijón.
8th Naval command of Huelva.
9th Naval command of Málaga.
10th Naval command of Melilla.
11. º the Naval command of Santander.
12th the naval headquarters of Seville.
13.º the Naval command of Tarragona.
14.º the Naval command of Valencia.
15.º the Naval command of Vigo.
2 the Naval command of the Canary Islands is divided into: to) the General Headquarters, which integrates a staff and the Naval command of Las Palmas de Gran Canaria.
(b) the head of health support of the Canary Islands).
(c) the Canary Islands language center.
(d) the coordination unit of the logistics of the Navy in the Canary Islands residences.
(e) the Naval command of Santa Cruz de Tenerife.
Article 11. The marine infantry force.
The Marine Corps force is divided into: to) the General Headquarters, in which integrates a higher State.
(b) La Brigade de marine «Third of Armada»).
(c) the protection force, composed of a staff, the grouping of Madrid, the third of Levante, North third and South third.
(d) the force of Naval Special warfare.
CHAPTER III the support force article 12. Organization of the support force.
1 support for the force in the field of human resources of the Navy will be done by the Chief of staff.
2 support for the force in the field of material resources of the Navy will be conducted by Chief of logistical support.
3 support for the force in the field of financial resources in the Navy will be carried out by the Directorate for Economic Affairs.
Article 13. The Chief of staff.
1 Chief of staff is divided into: to) the headquarters.
(b) the direction of staff).
(c) assistance to personnel management.
(d) the direction of Naval education.
(e) the direction of health.
2 the direction of personnel is divided into: to) units that allow the Director of personnel to exercise its functions and duties not assigned to any of the branches in which is articulated.
(b) the Office of recruitment and integration, responsible for actions that could correspond to the Chilean Navy in terms of recruitment and further generation of human resources and in terms of motivation, vocational guidance and communication internal in relation to integration.
(c) the Department of management of personnel, responsible for the management, administration and control of the staff in situations, promotions, destinations and withdrawals, in accordance with the regulations in force. It will also be responsible for the management of the staff of public bodies of the FAS, civilian personnel and reserve personnel assigned to the Navy.
3 the direction of assistance personnel is divided into: to) units that allow the assistance Director to staff exercising functions and tasks assigned.
(b) the military residences, which are sites for support and assistance to the military personnel shall be governed by the provisions of the Ministerial order of 13/2009, of 26 March, which establishes the classification, users and prices that should be guided in the residences military of the army, the Navy and the air force, which are listed below : 1 the military residence of Social Action of students «Lieutenant General Barroso».
2nd largest University «Jorge Juan» school.
3rd military residence of Social Action of rest «Tramontana».
(c) the sport centres and socio-cultural and military, which are units that are intended to encourage the practice of sports, social, recreational or cultural activities among the members of the armed forces shall be governed by the provisions in the order DEF/792/2003, of 25 March, which establishes the legal regime and operation of military Socialcultural and sports centres , which are listed below: 1 El Centro Deportivo Sociocultural military of Ferrol.
2. the Center Deportivo Sociocultural military officers of Cartagena.
3rd El Centro Deportivo Sociocultural military San Fernando officers.
4 the direction of Naval Education, on which depends the Canary Islands language Center, functionally is divided into: to) units that allow the Director of education to exercise the functions and tasks assigned.
(b) them centers teaching military that, with arrangement to it established in the law 39 / 2007, of 19 of November, of the career military, are them units responsible of impart them teachings of training and them necessary for the obtaining of specialties and expand or update knowledge. Shall be governed by the provisions of title IV, «Education», «Structure», chapter II of the Act and the regulations that develop it. Listed below: 1 the school of Naval Warfare.
2nd military Naval school.
3rd La School of non-commissioned officers of the Navy.
4th the specialties of the Navy school «Antonio de seat».
5 the school from specialities of the station Naval de La Grana.
6 the school of infantry of Marina «General Albacete and Fuster».
7th the Superior School of engineers of naval weapons.
The Center for higher studies on Navy quartermaster 8th.
9th School of higher studies.
The school of submarine «Almirante García de los Reyes» 10.
11. º Navy equipment «Captain Cardona» school.
12th School of hydrography «Alejandro Malaspina».
13.º the Navy Diving school.
(c) the naval commissions of races, which are units dedicated to the Organization and development of the activities and sailing competitions. Listed below: 1 racing Ferrol Naval Commission.
2nd Naval Commission on race from Cadiz.
3rd Naval Cartagena Racing Commission.
4th Balearic sailing Naval Commission.
5th race of the Escuela Naval Militar Naval Commission.
6 Naval Commission on race of Canary Islands.
(d) the boards of physical education and sports and sports facilities of the Navy, which are competent units in the field of physical education and sport, that sport of the components of the Navy, the organisation of Championships and the periodic physical testing and for access to courses. Listed below: 1 Board of physical education and sports facilities of the Navy in the Canary Islands.
2. Board of physical education and sports facilities of the Navy in Cartagena.
3rd Board of physical education and sports facilities of the Navy in Ferrol.
4th Board of physical education and sports facilities of the Navy in Madrid.
5 Board of physical education and sports facilities of the Navy in Rota.
6 Board of physical education and sports facilities of the Navy in San Fernando.
5. the health direction is divided into units that allow the Director of health to exercise the functions and tasks assigned.
Article 14. Head of logistic support.
1 head of logistic support focuses on: to) the headquarters.
(b) the Assistant largest.
(c) the direction of engineering and shipbuilding.
(d) the direction of supply and transport.
(e) the direction of sustainability.
(f) the direction of infrastructure).
2. the greatest Assistant is responsible for providing general services Chief of the logistic support and units located in the facilities in charge.
3 the direction of engineering and shipbuilding is articulated through: to) units that allow the Director of engineering and shipbuilding exercise guidance, management, administration, control and analysis in the field of engineering also taking those roles and responsibilities not assigned to the branch of engineering.
b) the branch of engineering that helps the Director in technical engineering support for the support of units and systems of weapons during their life cycle.
4. the Directorate for supply and transport is divided into units that allow the Director of supply and transport exercise guidance, management, administration, control and analysis on matters of supply, transport and acquisition of material resources that are not obtained centrally by another agency.
5 the direction of support focuses on: to) units that allow the Director of sustaining exercise direction, management, administration, control and analysis in maintaining oriented to ensure the operability of the means and systems throughout the life cycle, in a process of continuous adaptation to technological advances.
(b)) the maintenance department that helps the Director and carries out activities related to the maintenance of ships, aircraft, Marine Corps, during the operational life of your phase service, and those simulators, systems and ground equipment which exactly reproduce those of the units.
6. the direction of infrastructure is divided into units that allow the infrastructure manager exercising the direction, management, administration, control and analysis in the field of constructions and works, maintenance and management of facilities, as well as aspects related to environmental protection.
7. the stockpiles will be implementing logistical support in your geographical area and in the areas in which operate the force. Listed below: a) the Arsenal of Cadiz.
(b) the Arsenal of Ferrol).
(c) the Arsenal of Cartagena.
(d) the Arsenal of the palms.
Article 15. The Directorate of Economic Affairs.
Directorate of Economic Affairs is divided into: a) the Sub-Directorate of economic management and hiring, responsible for the management, administration and control of the financial resources placed at the disposal of management and procurement. In addition, shall be responsible for the administration of financial resources not specifically assigned to any other body.
(b) the branch of accounting and budgets, responsible for the technical preparation of the preliminary draft budget and the centralization of information both about the forecasting and execution of programmes and the budget).
Search Translated Laws of Spain