Read the untranslated law here: http://www.boe.es/buscar/doc.php?id=BOE-A-2015-9947
The law 62 / 2003, of 30 of December, of measures fiscal, administrative and of the order social, in its article 102, modified the article 81 of the law 42 / 1994, of 30 of December, of measures fiscal, administrative and of order social, giving a new terminology in relation to them coins commemorative and of collection, of conformity with the terminology used in them provisions and normative European.
The new wording of the quoted article 81 States, inter alia that, as of January 2004, are referred to as commemorative coins in euro, 2 euro coins intended for circulation, whose national side will be different than usual and will be intended to commemorate an event or personality relevant. These coins is issued with the periodicity, the volume and in the conditions required by their normative European.
This same provision establishes that the Fábrica Nacional de Moneda y Timbre-real Casa de la Moneda, without prejudice to the powers attributed to him in the law 10/1975, 12 March, regulation of the currency metals, with their corresponding modifications, will proceed to the minting of coins intended for circulation, commemorative 2 euro , with the legends and motives of the face national and the volume of emission that annually is set by order of the Minister of economy and competitiveness, taking in has them criteria established in the normative European.
Article 4 of Regulation (EU) number 651/2012, of the European Parliament and of the Council of 4 July 2012, relative to the issuance of euro coins, regulates the issuance of commemorative coins.
In addition the Regulation (EU) No. 729/2014, of the Council of 24 June 2014, relative to the nominal values and technical specifications of euro coins intended for circulation (revised text), regulates the common principles of the designs used in the national sides of the euro coins intended for circulation and establishes procedures of mutual inter-State information members on the sketches of designs and the approval of such designs.
((He article 3.1. to) and 3.1. m) of the Real Decree 345 / 2012, of 10 of February, (by which is develops the structure organic basic of the Ministry of economy and competitiveness and is modifies the Real Decree 1887 / 2011, of 30 of December, by which is sets the structure organic basic of them departments ministerial), in the new wording given by the article second paragraph three of the Real Decree 672 2014, of 1 August, (by amending the Royal Decree 1887 / 2011, of 30 December, which establishes the basic organizational structure of the ministerial departments and the Royal Decree 345/2012, of 10 February, which develops the basic organizational structure of the Ministry of economy and competitiveness and amending the Royal Decree 1887 / 2011) (, of 30 December, which establishes the basic organizational structure of ministries), attributed to the General Directorate of the Treasury and financial policy, in addition to the powers vested in the existing legislation, and, among others, those of minting of currency and the representation in the European Subcommittee of currencies («Eurocoin Subcommittee").
With the order ECC / 2049 / 2014, of 27 of October, is agreed the emission, coinage and put in circulation of coins in euros destined to the circulation of 1 and 2 euros.
Commemorative 2 euro coin, which is regulated in this provision, is intended for circulation, but differs from the normal 2 euro coin, regulated in the order ECC/2049/2014, on 27 October, in the design of the obverse.
The face national, obverse, of this coin commemorative of 2 euro, will be dedicated to the aqueduct of Segovia. This emission continues commemorative coins to mark goods or sites included in the World Heritage list of UNESCO-initiated with the order EHA/3423/2009, of December 9, themed.
In his virtue, I have: article 1. Issuance agreement.
Without prejudice of it willing in the order ECC / 2049 / 2014, of 27 of October, by which is agrees to the emission, coinage and put in circulation of coins intended to the circulation of 1 and 2 euro, is agrees, for the year 2016, the emission, coinage and put in circulation of coins of 2 euro commemorative of the aqueduct of Segovia.
Article 2. Technical characteristics.
These coins are coined in accordance with the technical specifications contained in the Regulation (EU) No. 729/2014, of the Council of 24 June 2014, relative to the nominal values and technical specifications of euro coins intended for circulation (consolidated text).
Article 3. Legends and reasons of the coin.
It is a bi-metallic coin, the reasons are distributed in two zones of different alloy and color. The color of the outer circular ring is silver white and the color of the interior area, yellow gold.
The obverse of the coin, in the central area, depicts an image of the aqueduct of Segovia; at the top, circular sense and capital letters, the legend of SPAIN; below, the year of mintage 2016; on the right, the brand of ECSC. Circular area outside of the coin, surrounding all the motifs and legends, are the 12 stars of the European Union.
On the common reverse of the coin, on the left side, figure the number that represents the value of the currency. On the right side appear, from one end to another, six vertical lines that overlap twelve stars, while every star next to the ends of each line. On the side right figure, in addition, a representation of the European continent. The right side of this representation is superimposed over the central part of the lines. The word EURO (in capital letters) is superimposed horizontally in the middle right of the common face. Under the or the word EURO, include the initials of the engraver LL (in capital letters), along the edge of the right side of the coin.
Appears on the edge: 2 * *, repeated six times and driven alternately from bottom up and top down.
Article 4. Date initial emission and circulation.
The date of initial issuance and circulation of the coins will take place during the first half of the year 2016.
Article 5. View power of currencies and volume of issuance.
These coins will be admitted without any limitation in public cases, and between individuals, in accordance with article 11 of Regulation (EC) No. 974/98 of the Council of 3 May 1998 on the introduction of the euro, in the wording given by Regulation (EC) No. 2169 / 2005, of the Council of 21 December 2005, whereby the amending Regulation (EC) No. 974/98 on the introduction of the euro No one shall be obliged to accept more than 50 coins in each payment.
The maximum volume of coins that are struck will be 4 million pieces.
The Fábrica Nacional de Moneda y Timbre-real Casa de la Moneda is authorized to allocate to the Numismatic Museum of this entity funds up to a maximum of five parts of the coins minted under this ministerial order.
Article 6. Relations between the Secretariat General of the treasure and political financial, the Bank of Spain and the factory national of currency and timbre-real House of the currency: procedure general for the coinage and put in circulation of coin metal.
1. the coins is coined, by has of the State, in the factory national of currency and timbre-real House of the currency, that them will deliver to the Bank of Spain as it allow its capacity of manufacturing. He Bank of Spain will put in circulation such coins, attending to them needs of the market, while, until is start it put in circulation effective or their performances preliminary, them parts coined will remain in deposit in the factory national of currency and timbre-real House of the currency, to provision of the Secretariat General of the treasure and political financial.
2. the General Secretariat of the Treasury and financial policy, the Fábrica Nacional de Moneda y Timbre-real Casa de la Moneda, and the Bank of Spain will agree the formalities and documents accompanying deliveries of coins to the latter by the Fábrica Nacional de Moneda y Timbre-real Casa de la Moneda.
3. the General Secretariat of the Treasury and financial policy, in accordance with article 5 of the law 10/1975, March 12, on regulation of the metal currency, shall grant an advance to cover the costs of minting of currency to the Fábrica Nacional de Moneda y Timbre-real Casa de la Moneda. The Fábrica Nacional de Moneda y Timbre-real Casa de la Moneda shall refer to the supporting documents of the cost of the minting of currency that minorarán the amount of advance.
4. them fertilizers made by the Bank of Spain to the Secretariat General of the treasure and political financial corresponding to it put in circulation of coins will take as basis the amount of it «put in circulation NET», that will be the result of deduct the value facial of it currency withdrawal of the value facial of it currency put in circulation. A put in circulation net positive will lead the ticket to the treasure of that amount. Conversely, a put in circulation net negative will lead the charge to the treasure of that amount.
The first working day of each month, the Bank of Spain will prepare a summary reflecting the movement of metal currency received in deposit, put into circulation and withdrawal during the immediately preceding calendar month. The month of December of each year, except itself in which the summary will be closed the last business day of the first half. To the day next to the expedition of the summary monthly, the Bank of Spain paid or due it has current of the treasure in the Bank by the amount NET resulting of said summary, according to it established in the paragraph previous.
5. the Bank of Spain will be appear on their balance sheets, with separation of other accounts that may affect the same matter, the situation of the coins which receive as a deposit for subsequent marketing.
6. the Bank of Spain sent to the Secretariat General of the treasure and political financial it information that this you request, to the object of achieve a proper knowledge of them accounts designated in this point. The monthly summaries and income and charges resulting from the same will be reflected in the quarterly statement that the Bank of Spain must pay to the aforementioned General Secretariat, in accordance with the provisions of article 6 of law 10/1975 of 12 March, on regulation of the metal currency.
Article 7. Measures for the implementation of this order.
The Secretariat General of the treasure and political financial will adopt the measures that are accurate for the application of this order.
Available end only. Effects.
This order will produce effects from the day following its publication in the "Official Gazette".
Madrid, 7 of September of 2015.-the Minister of economy and competitiveness, Luis de Guindos jury.
Search Translated Laws of Spain