Read the untranslated law here: http://pravo.gov.ru/proxy/ips/?doc_itself=&infostr=x&backlink=1&fulltext=1&nd=102076765
RUSSIAN FEDERATION FEDERAL LAW on amendments and additions to the Federal law "about Hydrometeorological Service" and "on weapons" adopted by the State Duma on June 7, 2002 year approved by the Federation Council of the year June 14, 2002 Article 1. To amend the Federal law dated July 19, 1998 N 113-FZ "about Hydrometeorological Service" (collection of laws of the Russian Federation, 1998, no. 30, art. 3609) the following changes and additions: 1. the ninth Indent of article 5 shall be amended as follows: "to ensure the protection of the State observation network, delivered at the remote station of valuable and dangerous goods, official correspondence and cargoes containing media information constituting a State secret, including their transportation as well as the life and health of the employees of these stations and mobile observation; ".
2. Supplement article 13-1 as follows: "article 13-1. The procedure for the acquisition and use of service and hunting firearms 1. Territorial authorities and organizations specifically authorized federal executive body in the field of Hydrometeorology and related areas have the right to acquire and use the service and hunting firearms as a service to meet the challenges associated with the protection of life and health of the employees of these bodies and organizations, ensuring protection of property, valuable and dangerous goods, special correspondence.
2. employees of territorial organisations and bodies specially authorized federal executive body in the field of Hydrometeorology and related fields that perform tasks of hydrometeorological service at remote stations, have the right to possession, carrying and use of self-defence hunting firearms.
3. masters of research and scientific expedition ships, their assistants, and also referred to in this article, employees of territorial organisations and bodies specially authorized federal executive body in the field of Hydrometeorology and related areas in fulfilling their responsibilities for the protection of transported them valuable and dangerous goods, official correspondence and cargoes containing media information constituting a State secret, shall have the right to possession , bearing and use of service weapons.
4. Specified in this article, officials and workers used weapons in the manner prescribed by the Federal law "on departmental protection".
5. a list of the officials and employees who are entitled to the possession, bearing and use of service and hunting weapons, as well as types, types, models, and the number of such weapons shall be established by the Government of the Russian Federation.
6. in this article the territorial bodies and organisations are obliged to acquire, store, maintain records and issue weapons to officials and employees in accordance with the procedure established for legal entities engaged in special assignments by the Federal law "on weapons" and other normative legal acts of the Russian Federation. "
Article 2. To amend part of the fifth article 12 of the Federal law of December 13, 1996 N 150-FZ "on weapons" (collection of laws of the Russian Federation, 1996, no. 51, art. 5681; 1998, N 31, art. 3834), describing it as follows: "Resolved the acquisition and use of hunting firearms as a service: organizations which, in accordance with the Federal law" on fauna "perform the functions of protection of wildlife and their Habitat Wednesday;
territorial organizations and bodies specially authorized federal executive body in the field of Hydrometeorology and related fields engaged in accordance with the Federal law "about Hydrometeorological Service" remote stations.
Article 3. This federal law shall enter into force on the day of its official publication.
The President of the Russian Federation v. Putin Kremlin, Moscow June 25, 2002 N 70-FZ
Search Translated Laws of Russia