Read the untranslated law here: http://pravo.gov.ru/proxy/ips/?doc_itself=&infostr=x&backlink=1&fulltext=1&nd=102066009
RUSSIAN FEDERATION FEDERAL law on ratification of the comprehensive nuclear-test-ban treaty adopted by the State Duma April 21, 2000 year approved by the Federation Council May 17, 2000 year Article 1 ratify the comprehensive nuclear test ban treaty, signed on behalf of the Russian Federation in New York September 24, 1996 year (hereinafter-the agreement).
Article 2 Implementation of a contract shall be carried out on the basis of the following: 1) maintaining combat readiness, reliability and safety of the nuclear arsenal of the Russian Federation at a level ensuring the national security of the Russian Federation;
2) maintaining Federal nuclear centers, enterprises and organizations of the nuclear weapons complex of the Russian Federation, and the implementation of programmes in the field of theoretical and applied research and technological development in order to ensure the necessary scientific-technical and productive capacity in the field of nuclear weapons, pilot test base, skill level scientists, designers, workers, employees and other professionals employed in the nuclear weapons complex of the Russian Federation, as well as their level of social protection;
3) preservation and development of nuclear weapons technology at all stages of the development and manufacture of nuclear weapons and nuclear weapons modernization of technical base of the nuclear weapons complex of the Russian Federation;
4) maintenance of the basic capability for a possible resumption of nuclear testing activities in case of withdrawal of the Russian Federation of the Treaty; maintenance of readiness for full-scale testing of the Central test site of the Russian Federation and the adaptation of the work not prohibited by the Treaty on nuclear charges and ammunition;
5) improved capacities of the national system for monitoring nuclear tests abroad;
6) further improvement of information and analytical tools, including intelligence, to ensure reliable and timely information about nuclear arsenals, possible covert nuclear arms or other relevant for nuclear weapons activities in other countries;
7) and guaranteed priority financing of State programs to maintain the nuclear weapons complex of the Russian Federation, the improvement of national systems for monitoring nuclear tests overseas, as well as other works and activities associated with the implementation of the Treaty, including the establishment and maintenance of the Russian segment of the global communications system under the Treaty and the national data centre.
Article 3 in the fulfilment of the agreement: 1. The President of the Russian Federation: State regulation of activities in the field of the maintenance of the nuclear arsenal, reliability and security of nuclear weapons;
approve the structure of public administration activities in the field of nuclear weapons;
Approves Federal programs in the field of nuclear weapons and the monitoring of nuclear tests;
takes other necessary decisions relating to the implementation of the Treaty.
2. the Government of the Russian Federation: directs the development of respective work programmes to ensure the maintenance of the nuclear arsenal, the reliability and safety of nuclear weapons, as well as works and activities related to the improvement of the national system for monitoring nuclear tests abroad and of compliance with the commitments of the Russian Federation under contract, carries out guaranteed and priority funding of these programmes and activities;
defines the functions of federal bodies of executive power on the implementation of the Treaty;
within the limits of its competence, the decision on the signing of agreements with the authorized bodies of the Organization of the Treaty (pending the Treaty's entry into force, with the Preparatory Commission) concerning the establishment and operation of the infrastructure on the territory of the Russian Federation of the international monitoring system, as well as, if necessary, on other issues of cooperation with the Treaty Organization related to its implementation;
shall designate or establish a national authority under the Treaty;
the President of the Russian Federation of an annual report on the status of the reliability and safety of the nuclear stockpile and capabilities of the Russian Federation on the reproduction of nuclear weapons without carrying out full-scale nuclear testing;
develops and enforces a set of measures to protect the information during implementation of the contract;
carries out making an annual contribution from the Russian Federation to the Organization's budget under the Treaty;
on the instructions of the President of the Russian Federation carries out foreign policy activities related to the implementation of the Treaty.
3. the Chambers of the Federal Assembly of the Russian Federation: the annual consideration of the draft federal law on the federal budget are involved in making decisions about funding levels of activities necessary for the implementation of the Treaty;
participate in the development of federal laws, federal laws, take the necessary to fulfil the obligations of the Russian Federation under contract;
consider annual information sent by the Government of the Russian Federation, in accordance with article 5 hereof, and adopt appropriate decisions;
where necessary, shall take measures under Title V of the Federal law "on international treaties of the Russian Federation".
Article 4 until the Treaty enters into force, the Preparatory Commission, which was established to carry out the necessary preparations for the effective implementation of the Treaty as well as its staff and delegates of the signatory States shall enjoy in the territory of the Russian Federation accordingly such legal capacity, privileges and immunities as are necessary for the implementation of the Preparatory Commission, and such privileges and immunities as are necessary for the independent exercise of specified personnel and delegates its functions in relation to the Preparatory Commission.
Article 5 one year after the entry into force of the Treaty and annually sends to the Government of the Russian Federation in the Chamber of the Federal Assembly of the Russian Federation, information on the following issues: on the implementation of the Russian Federation's obligations under the Treaty;
on the status of the national system for monitoring nuclear tests abroad;
on the activities of the Organization and on the participation of the Russian Federation in the work of the Organization;
on the fulfilment of obligations under the Treaty by other States parties;
on the implementation of the programme for the development of the nuclear weapons complex of the Russian Federation.
Article 6 1. When related to the content of the Treaty, the exceptional circumstances endangering the supreme interests of the Russian Federation and in accordance with article IX of the Treaty, the right of the Russian Federation, in exercising its national sovereignty, to withdraw from the Treaty, the President of the Russian Federation: political, diplomatic and other measures in order to address exceptional circumstances or neutralize their consequences;
provides for immediate consultations with Chambers of the Federal Assembly of the Russian Federation and in the light of the results of such consultation takes decisions relating to the Treaty, with proposals if necessary, stipulated by the Federal law "on international treaties of the Russian Federation".
2. each of the two chambers of the Federal Assembly of the Russian Federation if it considers that circumstances have arisen that are categorized as exceptional in the sense of article IX of the Treaty, it shall submit to the President of the Russian Federation proposal for consultation or their recommendations or takes other actions stipulated by the Federal law "on international treaties of the Russian Federation".
Article 7 in the event of withdrawal from the Treaty by the Russian Federation nuclear testing is carried out with the approval of the President of the Russian Federation.
Article 8 this federal law shall enter into force on the day of its official publication.
The President of the Russian Federation v. Putin in Moscow, the Kremlin May 27, 2000 N 72-FZ
Search Translated Laws of Russia