RUSSIAN FEDERATION federal law on librarianship Act passed by the State Duma November 23, 1994 year (as amended by the federal laws from 22/08/2004, no. 122-FZ;
from 26.06.2007 N 118-FZ; from 23.07.2008 N 160-FZ;
from 27.10.2008 N 183-FZ; from 03.06.2009 N 119-FZ;
from 27.12.2009 N 370-FZ; from 02.07.2013 N 185-FZ;
from 01.12.2014 N 419-FZ; from 08.06.2015 N 151-FZ) this Federal Act is the legal basis for the conservation and development of librarianship in the Russian Federation. It establishes the principles of libraries to guarantee human rights, NGOs, peoples and ethnic communities to free access to information, freedom of spiritual development, and accustoming to the values of national and world culture, as well as cultural, scientific and educational activities.
This federal law regulates the General questions of librarianship, the relationship between the State, citizens, enterprises, institutions and organizations in the field of librarianship in accordance with the principles and norms of international law.
Chapter i. GENERAL PROVISIONS with tons and tons of b I 1. Basic concepts in this federal law applies the following concepts: library-informational, cultural, educational organization or organizational unit in the Organization, with an organized fund documents and providing them to lend to individuals and legal entities; (As amended by the Federal law of 02.07.2013 N 185-FZ) public library-a library that provides the opportunity to use its facility and services to legal persons irrespective of their organizational-legal forms and forms of ownership, and citizens without restrictions on education level, profession, relation to religion;
library-branch information, cultural enlightenment and educational activity, which aims to create and develop a network of libraries, shaping and processing of their funds, the Organization of library, information and reference and bibliographic service library users, training librarians, scientific and methodical software development libraries;
(Paragraph five ineffective federal law from 03.06.2009 N 119-FZ) user libraries-the physical or legal person using the services of the library;
centralized library system of voluntary association of libraries in structural-holistic education;
library collection-a set of documents for various purposes and status, organizationally and functionally linked, subject to accounting, acquisition, storage and use of library services to the population; (The paragraph is supplemented by federal law from 03.06.2009 N 119-FZ), the National Library Foundation-part library with special historical, scientific, cultural significance, designed for permanent storage and public use and which is the cultural heritage of the peoples of the Russian Federation; (The paragraph is supplemented by federal law from 03.06.2009 N 119-FZ) book monuments-manuscripts or publications that have outstanding spiritual, material value have special historical, scientific, cultural value and in respect of which a special regime for registration, storage and use. (The paragraph is supplemented by federal law from 03.06.2009 N 119-FZ) t s t b I 2. The legislation of the Russian Federation on librarianship legislation of the Russian Federation on librarianship include fundamentals of the legislation of the Russian Federation on culture, this federal law adopted in accordance with the federal laws and other regulatory legal acts of the Russian Federation, as well as the laws and other normative legal acts of the constituent entities of the Russian Federation in the field of librarianship.
T s t b I 3. (Repealed-Federal Act of 22/08/2004, no. 122-FZ) t s t b I 4. The main types of libraries 1. Libraries can be established by the public authorities at all levels, local self-government bodies, legal entities and natural persons.
2. in accordance with the order of institutions and forms of ownership are allocated the following main types of libraries: 1) public libraries established by the public authorities, including: Federal libraries;
Library of the constituent entities of the Russian Federation;
Library of ministries and other federal bodies of executive power;
2) municipal library, established by the local authorities;
3) library of the Russian Academy of Sciences and other academies, research institutes, educational institutions; (As amended by the Federal law of 02.07.2013 N 185-FZ) 4) library of enterprises, institutions and organizations;
5) library of public associations;
6) private libraries;
7) libraries established by foreign legal and physical entities, as well as international organizations in accordance with international treaties of the Russian Federation.
CHAPTER II. The RIGHTS of CITIZENS in the field of LIBRARIANSHIP from t and t b I 5. Right on library services
1. every citizen, irrespective of sex, age, nationality, education, social status, political beliefs, attitude towards religion is entitled to library services on the territory of the Russian Federation.
2. the right of citizens to library service is provided by: the creation of the State and municipal public libraries network, free carrying out the main types of library services;
the diversity of types of libraries, State protectionism in the establishment of legal entities and physical persons of the libraries regardless of their organizational and legal forms and forms of ownership, specialization and scale of activity.
The rights of citizens in the field of library service a priority as against the rights of States in this area and any of its structures, public associations, religious and other organizations.
T s t b I 6. Right on library activities 1. Any legal or natural person has the right to the establishment of the library in the territory of the Russian Federation in accordance with the legislation of the Russian Federation.
2. Citizens have the right to participate in the activities of the guardianship, readers ' tips or other associations readers created in consultation with the heads of libraries or their founders.
3. employees of libraries have the right to establish public associations to promote the development of library services, professional consolidation, protection of their social and professional rights.
4. citizens, having privately owned book monuments are entitled to State support for security provided registration data book monuments in the order prescribed by the second paragraph of paragraph 2 of article 161 of this federal law. (As amended 03.06.2009, Federal Law No. 119-FZ) t s t b I 7. Law library users 1. All library users have access to libraries and library the right to freely choose according to their needs and interests.
2. To access the funds of libraries, a list of the main services and their provision of libraries are installed in accordance with the statutes of the libraries or local statutory acts of the organizations, which are structural units of the library legislation of the Russian Federation on State or other secret protected by the law and the law on the preservation of the cultural heritage of the peoples of the Russian Federation. (As amended by the Federal law of 02.07.2013 N 185-FZ)
3. Library users have the right to receive free-of-charge at any library information on the availability in the library holdings of a particular document.
4. public libraries, citizens have the right to: 1) become users of the library upon presentation of documents certifying their identity, and minors under the age of 14 years, the identity documents of their legal representatives; (As amended by federal law from 27.12.2009 N 370-FZ) 2) free to receive full information about the composition of library collections through directories and other forms of bibliographic information;
3) receive free advice in searching and selecting information sources;
4) receive free for temporary use of any document from the library collections: 5) to obtain documents or their copies on interlibrary loan from other libraries;
6) use other types of services, including pay-per-view, the list of which shall be determined by the rules of use of the library.
5. State and municipal libraries, library users have the right to services and receipt of documents in Russian as the State language of the Russian Federation and in the republics of the Russian Federation and in the official language of the Republic of the Russian Federation.
6. the user of the library may appeal to the courts against the acts of an official library of infringing upon its rights.
T s t b I 8. The rights of specific groups of users libraries 1. National minorities have the right to receive documents in their native language through a system of public libraries.
2. conditions of accessibility for persons with disabilities and libraries, library services are provided in accordance with the legislation of the Russian Federation on the social protection of persons with disabilities. Blind, visually impaired were entitled to library services and obtaining copies of documents in special formats are available on various media in special public libraries and other public libraries.
Procedure for ensuring accessibility for persons with disabilities of libraries and library services in accordance with the legislation of the Russian Federation on the social protection of persons with disabilities shall be established by the federal executive body responsible for formulating and implementing State policy and normative-legal regulation in the sphere of culture, in coordination with the federal executive body responsible for formulating and implementing State policy and normative-legal regulation in the sphere of social protection of the population.
(Paragraph as amended by federal law from 01.12.2014 N 419-FZ)
3. Library users who cannot visit the library by reason of old age and disability, have the right to receive documents from the collections of public libraries through correspondence or as out stationary forms of service, provided the financing at the expense of the respective budgets and funds for Federal programs.
4. Users of libraries for children and young people are entitled to library services in public libraries, specialized public libraries for children and young people, as well as in libraries, educational institutions, in accordance with their statutes. (As amended by the Federal law of 02.07.2013 N 185-FZ) t s t b I 9. Responsibility of users libraries library users must observe the rules for using libraries.
Library users who violated rules for the use of libraries and causing damage to libraries, compensate for it in the amount established by the rules of use of the libraries, and also bear a responsibility in cases stipulated by current legislation.
T s t b I 10. Founder of library Founder library finances its activities and supervises this activity in accordance with current legislation, and also appoints the head of the library. Founding of the library do not have the right to interfere in the creative activities of the library, except as provided for in its Statute and current legislation.
CHAPTER III. Rights and responsibilities of LIBRARIES t s t b I 11. Status of State and municipal libraries libraries, centralized library systems receive the status of a legal entity from the moment of their registration in the order established by current legislation.
The status of other libraries is determined by their founders.
The public are not allowed or other censorship, limiting the right of library users to have free access to library collections, as well as using information about users of libraries, readers ' queries, except where this information is used for research purposes and organization of library services.
2. libraries are on full or partial budgetary funding should reflect the social ideological and political diversity.
3. Libraries, with their funds book monuments, ensure their safety and are responsible for the timely submission of information for the registration in the registry book. (As amended 03.06.2009, Federal Law No. 119-FZ)
4. libraries are obliged to be accountable to their shareholders and the State statistical bodies in accordance with the effective legislation and constituent documents of libraries.
5. Public libraries on demand users to provide them with information about their activities and use of funds.
6. Libraries provide accounting, acquisition, storage and use of documents included in the library's collections, in the manner prescribed by the federal executive body responsible for the elaboration and implementation of State policy and normative-legal regulation in the sphere of culture. Handwritten documents included in library collections are an integral part of the national archival Fund of the Russian Federation. (Para supplemented by federal law from 03.06.2009 N 119-FZ) (As amended by the Federal law of 01.12.2014 N 419-FZ) t s t b I 13. Law Library libraries have the right to: 1) independently determine the content and specific forms of its activities in accordance with the goals and objectives set forth in their statutes: 2) argued, in agreement with the founders of the rules for the use of libraries;
3) determine the amount of collateral when granting book monuments, rare and valuable editions, as well as in other cases, certain rules of use of libraries; (As amended 03.06.2009, Federal Law No. 119-FZ), 3-1) set the restrictions on copying, displaying and issuing a book monuments and other documents intended for permanent storage, in accordance with the rules of use of libraries; (Supplemented by federal law from 03.06.2009 N 119-FZ) 4) determine, in accordance with the rules of using libraries the types and amounts of compensation for the damage caused to the users of libraries;
5) to carry out economic activities in order to expand the list of library users and services social and creative development libraries, provided that this does not prejudice their substantive activities;
6) determine the conditions for the use of library collections on the basis of agreements with legal entities and individuals;
7) form in the order established by current legislation, Library Association;
8) participate on a competitive or other basis in the implementation of federal and regional programmes of library development;
9) exercise in the prescribed manner, cooperation with libraries and other institutions and organizations of foreign States, including lead international knigoobmen, to join in the prescribed manner in international organizations, participate in the implementation of international library and other programs;
10) to determine their own staffing sources of their funds;
11) impound and dispose of documents from its funds in accordance with the procedures of exception documents agreed with the founders of libraries in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. While libraries regardless of their organizational and legal forms and forms of property shall not have the right to write off and dispose of documents related to book monuments; (As amended 03.06.2009, Federal Law No. 119-FZ) 11-1) to informational, cultural, educational, scientific, and educational activities in accordance with the law, with its Charter or with local normative acts of organizations, which are structural units of the library; (Supplemented by federal law from 02.07.2013 N 185-FZ) 12) perform other acts not contradicting to the legislation.
Libraries have the preferential right to acquire documents issued by Federal Government programmes, publishing and priority purchasing documents closing libraries.
CHAPTER IV. The DUTIES of the STATE in the field of LIBRARIANSHIP t s t b I 14. State policy in the field of librarianship in the basis of the State policy in the field of librarianship is based on the principle of creating the conditions for universal access to information and cultural values, the data collected and provided for use by libraries.
The State is the guarantor of the rights provided for in this federal law and does not interfere in the professional activities of libraries, except for the cases stipulated by the legislation of the Russian Federation.
The State supports the development of librarianship through funding, implementation of appropriate fiscal, monetary and price policy.
The Government of the Russian Federation is developing in accordance with the established procedure, the federal programme for the development of librarianship, as well as programs that are an integral part of federal government programs, the preservation and development of culture in the Russian Federation. Federal bodies of executive power are organizing the coordination of Inter-regional and inter-departmental links library services, including for the information society.
The State supports the development of library services the least socially and economically protected sectors and population groups (children, youth, persons with disabilities, seniors, refugees, unemployed, residents of rural areas, the inhabitants of the far North and similar areas).
The public authorities encourage through material support library non-State forms of ownership, providing free public services to the population.
Library development issues are taken into account in federal government programs in accordance with the fundamentals of the legislation of the Russian Federation on culture.
T s t b I 15. The duty of the State to promote librarianship 1. Federal agencies provide: 1) monitoring of compliance with the special storage mode and use of the National Library Fund; (As amended 03.06.2009, Federal Law No. 119-FZ) 2) the establishment and funding of national and other federal libraries, managing these libraries;
3) definition of the principles of federal policy in the area of training and retraining of library personnel, employment, remuneration; (As amended by federal law from 22/08/2004, no. 122-FZ) 4) establishment and financial security of federal government organizations that implement basic professional education programs and additional professional training of library personnel, as well as the management of these educational organizations; (As amended by the Federal law of 02.07.2013 N 185-FZ) 5) promote research and methodological support in librarianship, as well as their financing;
6) establishing public library standards and regulations, the Organization of the information management system of librarianship;
7) organizing public libraries statistics;
8) conditions of accessibility for persons with disabilities Federal libraries and libraries of the federal bodies of executive power. (Supplemented by federal law from 01.12.2014 N 419-FZ)
2. State authorities of the constituent entities of the Russian Federation and bodies of local self-government shall ensure:
1) financing of acquisition and safeguarding of funds respectively public and municipal libraries; (As amended by federal law from 22/08/2004, no. 122-FZ) 2) the realization of the rights of citizens to library services;
3) conditions of accessibility for persons with disabilities libraries of subjects of the Russian Federation and municipal libraries. (Supplemented by federal law from 01.12.2014 N 419-FZ)
3. federal bodies of State power, bodies of State power of the constituent entities of the Russian Federation and bodies of local self-government shall not have the right to make decisions and perform actions that cause deterioration of the existing logistics libraries on the budgetary financing, translating them into premises, which do not conform to the requirements of labour protection, storage, library collections and library services.
The decisions of these bodies, as well as the actions of their officials, prejudicing the legitimate interests of libraries and their users, can be appealed in the courts.
Chapter v. SPECIAL CONDITIONS of preservation and use of CULTURAL HERITAGE of the PEOPLES of the RUSSIAN FEDERATION in the field of LIBRARIANSHIP Article 16. The National Library Foundation 1. National Library collection consists of documents, to be picked on the basis of a system of binding instance documents, and book sites.
2. the National Library Foundation is protected by the State as a cultural heritage of the peoples of the Russian Federation.
Accounting, acquisition, storage, use and preservation of documents related to the national library collection, carried out by libraries, archives, museums in accordance with this federal law, federal laws on compulsory instance documents on archives in the Russian Federation, on Museum Fund of the Russian Federation and museums in the Russian Federation.
(Article in the Editorial Office of the Federal law dated 03.06.2009 N 119-FZ) Article 16-1. 1 literary monuments. Book monuments are especially valuable part of national library Fund.
Book monuments are divided into individual book monuments and memorials-book collections, which are a collection of documents, purchasing the property book monument only when they link together by virtue of their origin, species of kinship or otherwise.
2. Literary monuments shall be recorded in the registry book.
The procedure for classifying documents to the book, the order of registration book monuments in the registry book of monuments, the conduct of the registry book monuments shall be established by the Government of the Russian Federation the authorized federal body of executive power.
(Article supplemented by federal law from 03.06.2009 N 119-FZ) t s t b I 17. (Repealed-the Federal law from 03.06.2009 N 119-FZ) t s t b I 18. National libraries of the Russian Federation 1. National libraries of the Russian Federation are Yeltsin Presidential Library, Russian State Library and the National Library of Russia, which meet the universal needs of society information, organize the library, bibliographic and scientific information activities for the benefit of all the peoples of the Russian Federation, the development of national and world culture, science and education. (As amended by federal law from 27.10.2008 N 183-FZ), National Library of the Russian Federation shall carry out the following main functions: generate, store and provide library users the most complete collection of domestic documents, research and significant foreign documents; organize and maintain bibliographic records rossiki; participate in the bibliographic national press are registered research institutions on library science, bibliografovedeniju and scientific papers, methodological, scientific information and cultural centres of Federal significance; participate in the development and implementation of federal policies in librarianship.
National libraries of the Russian Federation shall act on the basis of this federal law and regulations thereof, approved by the Government of the Russian Federation.
National libraries of the Russian Federation are particularly valuable objects of cultural heritage of the peoples of the Russian Federation and are exclusively federally owned. Changing the form of ownership of these libraries, their elimination or redevelopment are not allowed; integrity and inalienability of their funds are guaranteed.
Buildings, structures and other property of national libraries are in their operational management; their plots are available to national libraries in accordance with legislation of the Russian Federation. (As amended by federal law from 26.06.2007 N 118-FZ) national libraries of the Russian Federation is carried out on the basis of coordination and cooperation.
Specific features of the national libraries of the Russian Federation may be delegated in accordance with the established procedure to other federal libraries and organizations.
1-1. in order to ensure safety and provide users with access to documents from national library collections of the library of the Russian Federation carry out production in electronic form instances: a run-down, worn-out, damaged, defective documents;
single and (or) rare documents, manuscripts, the issuance of which users can lead to the loss, damage or destruction;
documents that recorded on machine-readable media and which does not have the necessary technical means;
documents which have a scientific and educational value.
Manufacture and provide users with copies of documents in electronic form, in which pronounced protected results of intellectual activity, carried out in the manner and under the conditions laid down in the Civil Code of the Russian Federation.
(Para supplemented by federal law from 27.10.2008 N 183-FZ)
2. In the Russian Federation republics, autonomous districts, autonomous region of relevant State authorities can form national libraries.
These national libraries act in accordance with this federal law adopted in accordance with the federal laws and other regulatory legal acts of the Russian Federation, laws and other normative legal acts of the constituent entities of the Russian Federation.
CHAPTER VI. ORGANIZATION of INTERACTION of LIBRARIES t s t b I 19. Participation of the State in ensuring coordination and collaboration of library services to better meet the needs of library users in information, management of funds the State libraries stimulates mutual utilization of the business of their resources. To this end, the public authorities funded activities of public libraries, including the central functions, to create conditions for their vzaimoispol'zovanija resources (interlibrary loan, consolidated directories, automated databases, depositaries).
T s t b I 20. Central Library 1. State authorities of the constituent entities of the Russian Federation may assign the leading universal Central Library the library the status of a constituent entity of the Russian Federation, which shall carry out: (as amended 03.06.2009, Federal Law No. 119-FZ) Republic-national or Republican library;
in the autonomous region, autonomous region-district or regional library;
in the province, field-boundary, regional library;
(Paragraph five ineffective federal law from 22/08/2004, no. 122-FZ)
(Paragraph six ineffective federal law from 22/08/2004, no. 122-FZ) local self-government bodies of the municipal area can assign a leading settler library the status of Central regional library. (The paragraph is supplemented by federal law from 22/08/2004 yr. N 122-FZ; as amended 03.06.2009, Federal Law No. 119-FZ), bodies of local self-government, urban districts can assign leading universal library of relevant urban district status of central city library. (The paragraph is supplemented by federal law from 22/08/2004, no. 122-FZ)
2. Central library within a managed territory is obliged to generate, store, and provide users with the most complete library of universal collection of documents, organize mutual utilization of the business resource library, including interlibrary loan functions and maintain Union catalogue, provide methodological assistance to libraries. (As amended 03.06.2009, Federal Law No. 119-FZ)
3. federal bodies of State power, bodies of State power of the constituent entities of the Russian Federation and bodies of local self-administration may establish ad hoc central library branch principle and maintenance of specific groups of users libraries (child and adolescent, blind and visually impaired and others).
4. the functions of the central libraries may be allocated in accordance with the established procedure between multiple libraries, which in this case are ensured budgetary financing in accordance with the scope of their activities.
5. Central libraries can also be established by the ministries and other federal bodies of executive power.
T s t b I 21. Interaction of libraries with the bodies for scientific and technical information and archives in order to ensure the rational use of State information resources libraries interact with the bodies for scientific and technical information, archives, other enterprises, institutions and organizations that have information data banks of different levels. How is defined by the current legislation, Federal Government programs, as well as the treaties concluded between these agencies and organizations.
CHAPTER VII. ECONOMIC REGULATION in librarianship from t and t b I am 22. How to create libraries of 1. On the territory of the Russian Federation are established and operate libraries of various forms of property in the manner prescribed by the current legislation of the Russian Federation and the present Federal law.
2. the library is considered to be established and acquires legal personality from the day of its registration in the order established by current legislation. Libraries that do not have the rights of a legal person, in the case of giving them the status of legal persons are registered in the order established by current legislation.
Refusal to register may be appealed in the courts.
3. the founders of libraries may be the owners of the property or their authorized natural or legal persons, as well as culture.
Founding of the Library asserts in its Charter, is committed to its financing and logistics. In the Charter of the library shall be secured its legal status, funding sources, the main tasks of the library, access conditions, property relations between the library and its founder, the management of the library.
Economic and financial relations between the library and its founder are regulated by the relevant legislation and constituent documents.
T s t b I 23. Reorganization and liquidation of libraries 1. The library can be reorganized or liquidated by the decision of its owner or founder, as well as in cases stipulated by the legislation of the Russian Federation.
1-1. the decision on reorganization or liquidation of the municipal library, located in the rural settlement can only be taken in the light of the results of a survey of the inhabitants of this rural settlement. (Para supplemented by federal law from 08.06.2015 N 151-FZ)
2. the Authority adopted the decision on liquidation of the libraries, on a mandatory basis, in writing, notify the authority responsible for the State registration of legal entities creates a liquidation Commission of representatives of the founder, professional associations and labour collective library and publishes in the local press notice of decision not later than two months before the scheduled elimination.
With the Elimination of the right of first refusal to purchase its library the library have all levels of State authorities and local self-government bodies and libraries.
3. reorganization of library in normal merger, accession, Division, separation, transformation can occur in the order established by current legislation, both at the initiative of the founder of the library, and on the initiative of the libraries with the consent of all parties.
4. Prohibited denationalization, privatization of public and municipal libraries, including facilities and buildings in which they are located.
5. Improper decision on liquidation of the public libraries may be appealed by citizens, voluntary associations or trust (reading) advice in court.
T s t b I 24. 1 Library property. Operational management rights library owns, uses and disposes of the property assigned to it within the limits established by the legislation of the Russian Federation.
2. (repealed-Federal Act of 22/08/2004, no. 122-FZ) 3. (Repealed-Federal Act of 22/08/2004, no. 122-FZ) t s t b I 25. Library development funds to facilitate logistical support activities of the libraries of all types of ownership may be established non-government development funds. The source of their formation are contributions of founders of these funds, income from enterprises, organizations, charitable contributions and voluntary associations, citizens ' income from special lotteries, auctions and other commercial activities. (As amended by federal law from 22/08/2004, no. 122-FZ) Means the funds are used to finance the development programmes of librarianship, coordination and cooperation of libraries, to finance other activities in the manner provided for in the statutes of the funds approved by the founders. Library development funds can be used to stimulate the activity of any libraries regardless of their forms of ownership.
T s t b I 26. Labour relations labour relations librarians librarians are governed by the laws of the Russian Federation on labour.
Library workers are subject to periodic evaluation procedure which is established by the Government of the Russian Federation Federal Executive authority. (As amended by federal law from 23.07.2008 N 160-FZ), chap. VIII. FINAL PROVISIONS t s t b I 27. The entry into force of this federal law this federal law shall enter into force on the day of its official publication.
T s t b I 28. Bringing of normative legal acts in accordance with this federal law 1. From the date of entry into force of this federal law to recognize inoperative on the territory of the Russian Federation Decree of the Presidium of the Supreme Soviet of the USSR of March 13, 1984 year (Gazette of the Supreme Soviet of the USSR, 1984, no. 12, p. 173).
To bring the normative legal acts in the field of librarianship, operating in the territory of the Russian Federation, in accordance with this federal law these normative legal acts are applied if they do not contradict this federal law.
2. invite the President of the Russian Federation to bring into compliance with this federal law normative legal acts issued by them.
3. To entrust the Government of the Russian Federation: 1) align with this federal law issued by the legal acts;
2) prepare and bring in a prescribed manner proposals for amendments and additions to legislation of the Russian Federation in connection with the adoption of this federal law;
3) adoption of normative legal acts in the field of librarianship, ensuring the implementation of this federal law.
Russian President Boris Yeltsin in Moscow, the Kremlin December 29, 1994 N 78-FZ