Law No. 34 of 20 January 1998 on the granting of subsidies to associations and foundations with legal personality, which sets up and administers social assistance units published in PARLIAMENT ISSUING the OFFICIAL GAZETTE nr. 29 of 27 January 1998, the Romanian Parliament adopts this law.
Article 1 (1) Associations and foundations with legal personality, which sets up and manages social care units can receive subsidies from the State budget or, where appropriate, from the local budgets, which will be used exclusively for the services of social assistance granted to persons who, under the laws, have the right to benefit from them.
(2) the State budget can allocate subsidies to associations and foundations with legal personality whose social activity is aimed at owners of several districts of the country and which have concluded agreements with the Ministry of labour and social security for the provision of these services.
(3) local budgets can allocate subsidies to associations and foundations with legal personality whose work addresses social assistance beneficiaries in a single County and the municipality of Bucharest and which have concluded agreements with local councils in the case, for the provision of social assistance services.
(4) the criteria for granting funds for these associations and foundations shall be laid down in the detailed rules for the application of this law, approved by decision of the Government.
Article 2 (1) the level of subsidies may not exceed the average monthly maintenance cost, per person, from units of the State social assistance, with a similar profile, organized as a public institution.
(2) the average monthly Level of subsidies what is allocated from the State budget for an assisted person shall be approved by the Government on the proposal of the Ministry of labour and social protection, and what subsidies allocated from local budgets shall be approved by the City Council.
Article 3 Associations and foundations with legal personality which receive grants under this Act, shall be eligible for assistance under both specialist and methodological aspect in connection with the use of subsidies from the State budget in the established programmes, staff empowered for this purpose by the General Directorates of labour and social protection, and the District of Bucharest.
Article 4 (1) interest amounts assigned under art. (1) will be used only for the purpose of keeping persons assisted.
(2) how to use subsidies from the budget shall be subject to control, in accordance with the laws in force.
Article 5 the list of associations and foundations with legal personality that have received grants, and the amount thereof shall be published in the Official Gazette of Romania, by the bodies which have granted subsidy.
This law was adopted by the Chamber of deputies at its meeting of 23 December 1997, in compliance with the provisions of art. 74 para. (2) of the Constitution of Romania.
p. VASILE LUPU, PRESIDENT of the CHAMBER of DEPUTIES, this law was adopted by the Senate at its meeting of 23 December 1997, in compliance with the provisions of art. 74 para. (2) of the Constitution of Romania.
p. SENATE CRISTIAN DUMITRESCU---------------