LAW No. 68 of 11 October 1993 to guarantee the payment of the minimum wage was published in PARLIAMENT ISSUING the OFFICIAL GAZETTE NR. 246 of 15 October 1993, the Romanian Parliament adopts this law.
Article 1 (1) the legal and physical Persons who employ personnel with employee work contract are obliged to guarantee the payment of a gross monthly salary at least equal to the minimum wage level per country.
(2) the provisions of the preceding paragraph shall also apply in cases where the employee is currently working within the program, but is unable to operate due to reasons not attributable to it.
(3) If an employee employed with a fraction of the norm, is guarantee payment of a salary equal to the minimum wage level per country, corresponding to the proportion of the norm.
Article 2 (1) the Ministry of labour and social security carry out audits in establishments for compliance with the provisions of this law.
(2) failure to comply with the provisions of art. 1 constitutes contravention and shall be sanctioned by a fine between 200,000 and 50,000 lei lei.
(3) the finding of violations and sanctions are carried out by persons involved in the control of the Ministry of labour and social security and of the territorial divisions for labor and social protection.
(4) the provisions concerning the establishment of contraventions and penalties shall be supplemented by the provisions of law No. 32/68 on the establishment and sanctioning violations.
Article 3 rights Disputes arising from refusal provided for by the present law to employees constitutes work and disputes are settled by the courts.
This law was adopted by the Senate at its meeting on 30 September 1993 in compliance with the provisions of art. 74 para. (2) of the Constitution of Romania.
p. EUGEN SENATE PRESIDENT THOMAS this law was adopted by the Chamber of deputies at its meeting on 4 October 1993, with due regard for the provisions of article 7. 74 para. (2) of the Constitution of Romania.
p. GILBERT CHAMBER of DEPUTIES PRESIDENT R — — — — — — — — — — —