Law No. 25 of 5 November 1976 relating to the compliance with a useful work to able-bodied persons ISSUING NATIONAL ASSEMBLY and published in OFFICIAL GAZETTE No. 98 of 11 November 1976 In the Socialist Republic of Romania work is a duty, an obligation of every citizen.
In our society, no one can live without work; evasion of work, living parasitic, achieving gains on other ways than by his own work ethics and equity principles contradict, are incompatible with the nature and oranduirii Socialist goals.
Each person's work represents a fundamental criterion for assessing the conduct and its contribution to the advancement of society, a need for affirmation and multilateral development of human personality.
In order to ensure the integration into society of useful activity persons fit for work neincadrate in production, National Assembly of the Socialist Republic of Romania adopts this law.
Article 1 (1) every citizen of the Socialist Republic of Romania, under the Constitution, has the right and the duty to conduct a comprehensive work in society.
(2) the State shall provide every citizen the opportunity to unfold according to his preparation, an activity in the field of economic, social, cultural or administrative.
Article 2 Unions, youth organizations and women's groups, other public organizations and mass will be a permanent educational activity in order to determine the able-bodied persons to provide useful work for the formation of a society of mass opinion against any manifestations of social parasitism.
Article 3 the engagement work is done at the request of the parties concerned directly by Socialist units, or by assigning the directions for work issues and social ocrotiri and their offices, under the labour code.
Article 4 (1) a person capable of work who has reached the age of 16 years and does not follow any form of education or professional qualification, or it is not framed in the work it is required to enroll in the direction for work issues and social ocrotiri or at its offices, in whose territorial RADIUS is domiciled and ask for distribution of the work.
(2) the State of total incapacity for work shall be established by the popular councils, city, and municipal sectors of Bucharest, on a proposal from the Commission of medical expertise and recovering work capacity.
(3) does not have the obligation laid down in paragraph 1. (1) the peasants who work in the household, with workshops and artisans free professionals who carry out activities authorized by law.
(4) it also does not have this requirement on women who are bringing up children or carrying on an activity in the home appliances household.
Article 5 Insurance maintenance by parents or other donors cannot constitute a basis for failure to indatoririi persons fit for work to conduct a useful work for the society.
Article 6 (1) accounting of which does not follow a form of educational or vocational qualification and are not placed in the work is organised by the Directorate for labour and social ocrotiri and its offices, with the support of militia bodies and other local organs of State.
(2) the direction for work issues and social ocrotiri and its offices are obliged to ensure the distribution of such persons in production or for skill building, on construction sites, in economic units, taking into account their skills and training, as well as work-force needs of Socialist units.
Article 7 (1) the provision of distribution in the work is compulsory.
(2) a person has the duty to spread over present themselves without delay to the disposition provided in Socialist distribution, for the purpose of employment.
(3) the unit is required to ensure the Socialist employment work under the law of the person assigned to it.
Article 8 (1) a person who refuses, without good reason to comply with the work, a parasitic life will be put up for discussion in the Assembly of citizens, village or neighbourhood in which reside, in order to influence and its determination to fit in work times in some form of training.
(2) the proposal in the discussion of citizenship is made at the Assembly on a proposal from the Directorate of labour and social ocrotiri.
(3) citizen Assembly shall be convened by the Executive Committee or the Office of the Council, as appropriate, within 30 days from the date of referral.
(4) where the citizens ' assemblies are put into question the participation of minors, their parents or legal representatives is obligatory.
Article 9 (1) where, with all the support, the person in question refuses to fit in work or in some form of continuing vocational training shall lead a parasitic life, will be forced, by court decision, to provide work for a year, construction on the building site, in the agricultural, forestry and other economic units.
(2) the persons referred to in paragraph 1. (1) in the years up to 18 years old, will be forced to perform work or to follow some form of training in work and re-education centers.
Article 10 (1) the appeal court is made by the Directorate of labour and social ocrotiri within 30 days from the date when the discussion took place in the implementation of the citizens ' Assembly. The direction for work issues and propose social ocrotiri and the Court where that person to perform work.
(2) the Court will settle the case within 10 days from notification in full consisting of one judge and two laymen will meet representatives of national trade union organizations and youth.
(3) The proceedings is mandatory for this Directorate representative problems of employment and social ocrotiri and the Prosecutor. Also, in cases with minors is mandatory for this Commission delegate protection of minors, as well as summoning parents legal representatives or thereto.
(4) the decision of the Court is final and enforceable.
Article 11 in the case of failure to comply with the judgement of the Court, bringing into force thereof shall be made by the popular councils and organs of militia, which will ensure the supervision, guidance and presence at places of work or skill of the persons in question.
Article 12 (1) any person employed in the work, under the present law, shall have all the rights and obligations provided for in labour legislation.
(2) Changing the place of work of persons falling under art. 9, before one year from the date of their classification, can only be made on a proposal from the Socialist Unity, in agreement with the Directorate for labour and social ocrotiri that will take into account qualifications obtained, conduct and attitude towards the work of the person requested.
Article 13 (1) of the Employment Centres and re-education is organized and operates under the Ministry of labour.
(2) the Ministry of labour, together with the Ministry of Justice, provide guidance and oversight work and re-education centers.
Article 14 Councils working people, trade union organizations and the Socialist Youth have the duty to ensure the qualification and integration into work groups of persons falling under the provisions of this law, to conduct a permanent educational activity, for the purpose of their training course, an attitude toward work and compliance with the principles of Socialist ethics and equity.
This law was adopted by the National Assembly at its meeting of 5 November 1976.
The Great National Assembly President NICOLAE GIOSAN — — — — — — — —