Read the untranslated law here: http://app.parlamento.pt/webutils/docs/doc.pdf?path=6148523063446f764c3246795a5868774d546f334e7a67774c336470626d6c7561574e7059585270646d467a4c316776644756346447397a4c334271624459354e6931594c6d527659773d3d&fich=pjl696-X.doc&Inline=false
DRAFT law Â° 696/X/4. Â ª DRAFT law Â° 696/X/4. ª is the ELEVATION of the VILLAGE of s. PEDRO DO SUL is CITY 1 CATEGORY. SITUATION is the GEOGRÃ is is the STRUCTURAL and the municipality of São Pedro do Sul is located in the North of the Center, in the region of Beira Alta and in the District of Viseu, confronting with the municipalities of Arouca, Castro Daire, Vouzela, Oliveira de Frades, Viseu and Vale de Cambra. Integrates together with the municipalities of Oliveira de Frades and Vouzela, the ancient region of µ s LafÃ, ³ natural river territories of great beauty in the troÃ middle of the Vouga Valley, bounded on the North by massive the Gralheira and to the South by the Serra do Caramulo. The seat of the municipality of São Pedro do Sul is crossed by the rivers Vouga and South, as well as by the national roads n° 16 ' and 227 and the Regional Road No. 228, Â the proximity of auto roads A25 and A24, continue to constitute important traffic routes, such as a few centuries ago is a Municipality with the area of 348 Km2 and is composed of 19 parishes and a population of over 19000. Among all these parishes include two, s. Pedro do Sul and several rzea, concentrating more than 8000 inhabitants effect their centrality and strong urban expansion and demographic is the Termas de s. Pedro do Sul.
2. HISTORY to vilaâ vetusta â Â «Sancti Petri from SurÂ» already appears in documents of the 11TH c. A document of 1030, already referred to in aexistÃ of the current municipality of varied agriculture, including «orchards, figais, chestnut, nogaisÂ», etc., more specifically near the current village. According to the Great Portuguese and Brazilian day © EnciclopÃ, «the history of this municipality offers ria ³ of pair with curiosÃ ssimos facts, some of the most important subsÃ dios for the study of medieval society â considered all classes of the population, but especially the people and the nobrezaÂ». «Regarding this, just that were here originally rias strains (and current nicknames) â Pinhoâ of of Amaralâ, â , â of VaiÃ BaiÃ esâ µ µ s or Sobralâ â to and probably the of Figueiredoâ â . In high and large Ridge that occupies the entire northern part of the current municipality, we rogues came to achieve culminÃ instances of opulÃ that were in pairs with the nobrezaÂ». In 1085, a presbÃ tero Trutesindo donates is SÃ © de Coimbra his Church (I'm sure monomer feature) «that vocatur Sancti Petri in terra AlahuniÂ» (LafÃ µ s). (Highlight the word «surÂ» was of Arabic origin, giving «sulÂ» in Portuguese in Castilian (Spanish), you are Arabic bulo stayed forever.) Another donation is the same series, the monastery of s. Pedro do Sul, «est fundamentum secus courses to rivulos Sur and VaugaÂ», precisely the position of the current village, kissed his feet by two rivers (Vouga and South). The existence of this monastery was ephemeral © mera, as the InquiriÃ of µ s 1258 it no longer spoke.
2.1. The municipality of µ s LafÃ to the municipality of St. Peter South Arica In 1436, d. Duarte on the municipality of µ s LafÃ, one of the largest in the PaÃ s, consisting of 44 parishes and 13 hunting grounds. In the middle of this immense territory by ³ River was jammed the municipality of bath (Termas de s. Pedro do Sul), whose Charter had been granted by d. Afonso Henriques in 1152, almost three centuries before. It should be noted that the region (Alahuin, Arabic) already long before the Foundation of nationality, constituÃ to a circunscriÃ of the territorial, so called «terraÂ». With the great review and the administrative reorganizaÃ of the PaÃ s, carried out by Mouzinho da Silveira from 1832, the huge LafÃ µ County is divided into three municipalities--. S. Pedro do Sul, Vouzela and Oliveira de Frades â being the tiny and free antique bath integrated in the municipality of São Pedro do Sul. And thus in 1836, these new municipalities get avam manage their destinies.
2.2. From ancient times is modernity nearly two centuries after its foundation as municipality, s. Pedro do Sul is today one of the most village of the District of Viseu. For its breathtaking beauty and the quality of its thermal waters, attracts you, annually, the largest number of those undergoing treatments from all over the muitÃ ssimos s PaÃ national and foreign tourists. «What refrigÃ © River. What a great amenity. That softness. », Said Ramalho OrtigÃ, dazzled by the landscape of the village and the thermal baths. «Sintra» BeiraÂ 's called someone (it is said that Camilo Castelo Branco which in the passed, visiting the White Castle, their families of Viseu). The urban fabric of the seat of the municipality, there are the years that will expand to within the limits of the four parishes of Vila trofes lemon: several rzea µ s, BaiÃ, Bordonhos and s. FÃ © lix. With regard to the s. Pedro do Sul â go, their urban spots rzea already intersect long, continuing to develop at a remarkable pace with this considerable expansion and vision, it can be said, without any doubt, that in not too long, s. Pedro do Sul have a stain from urban area greater than some major cities.
2.3. Termas de s. Pedro do Sul current Termas de s. Pedro do Sul were called by Romans Â «BalneumÂ», this building, there are more than 2000 years, a balneÃ is thermal, whose ruÃ in there currently. In these two Milan ©, was successively changing appellation. First went from «BalneumÂ» to Bath, then to Caldas de LafÃ µ s, later, in 1895, to Termas da Queen AmÃ © lia and, finally, to Termas de s. Pedro do Sul, already with the advent of the Republic. As stated above, behind in 1152, King Afonso I of Portugal grants the local Charter realengo, instituting the Council, raising it later, the the Reinoâ â Chowdhury and Honraâ Couto. There was this small, antique free municipality of subsist until the dismantling of the extensive municipality of µ LafÃ es, in 1834, date from which was incorporated into the municipality of São Pedro do Sul. In 1169, here came the King Founder to treat a leg fracture of battle of BadajÃ ³ s, accompanied by his son Sancho and his two daughters. D. Manuel I there came also in search of relief for their suffering herpÃ © ticos, having granted new and more important Charter in 1515. Ã era, the site already had the name of thermal Caldas de LafÃ µ s, seat of the small municipality of bath. Finally, the last Queen of Portugal, d. AmÃ © lia of Orleans dogs and braganã§a, came here also to treat throat problems, in 1894. And so well felt that back in 1895, 1896 and 1898, the second year of his coming, the Chamber of then gave the name to the place of Queen Spa read America, giving also the name BalneÃ that still holds in 1987, opened a second BalneÃ, the greatest of PenÃ nsula recently renovated and extended, which was the name assign â BalneÃ to Henriquesâ d. Afonso, tribute to the monarch who, in alvor nationality, granted so great honor to the place and the â milagrosasâ waters that spring. This is thermal instance, running all year, is wanted for about a third of those undergoing treatments. Also many tourists demand this rincÃ in search of rest for the body and for the species. The number of those undergoing treatments that throughout the year attend the Termas de s. Pedro do Sul and there remain for all greater than 15 days perÃ, amounts to around 25,000, occurring that summer months are more than 45,000 people for there pass and most of there remains. The environmental qualification and the quality of the treatments offered by the thermal water of the Termas de s. Pedro do Sul, have designed these spas for a inequÃ voca balneology leadership of PenÃ nsula IbÃ © rich since the ' 80. This reality has been accompanied by a strong urban expansion and installation of different equipment able to respond to strong demand this is thermal instance, and even new address for many of the regulars of these spas. Point out that growth and assertion of Termas de s. Pedro do Sul over centuries, has constituÃ of one of the main drivers of growth in demand feature in turÃ region.
3. CULTURAL LIFE
In the village of s. Pedro do Sul, was born the poet Antônio ³ nio CorrÃ to Darlington, in 1879. His poems «transferred to such softness and lyricism, sÃ ³ may have been written by a poet of such unusual and, at the same time accessories, coming from the people, shaped in the next povoÂ» ³-in itself such as characterized Teixeira de Pascoais. In 1908, he was elected are ³ cio of the Academy of Sciences, whose praise has Henrique Lopes de mendonã§a, another great poet, author of the lyrics of " Portuguesaâ the that would be our national anthem, after ³ s the implantation of the Republic. The following year, identical as honor had Brazilian Academy of letters, going to occupy the vacant Chair that out of EmÃ lio Zola. This poet has in his land, since 1955, an expressive bust, erected by subscript for the public of its conterrÃ ¢ neos. Other neurologic cultural µ have proliferated in this county, as is example of theater parts promoted by Popular Theatre Group â the nicoâ cell, which has achieved significant successes is, as well as the singing group of Manhouce and their soloist Isabel Silvestre, which has led to seven corners of the Earth the beauty of traditional Portuguese music , in particular from s. Pedro do Sul.
3.1. Movie Theater In princÃ Pius the second decade of the 20TH c., is construction of the river Vouga, next is village, an hydroelectric central © ctrica. Following the this important upgrade for the era, three local businessmen will take the initiative to build a strong room obstacles. Thus, in 1926, it opened a strong obstacles in classic style, with the name of Cine-Teatro São Pedro. Acquired by Edilidade in the Decade of 90, has benefited from profound works of recovery, and, today, it have place several events of cultural, social and recreational level. Land with old cultural habits, is founded in 1969, the theatre group the cell, on the initiative of the lawyer Jaime Gralheiro, nationally known as teatrÃ ³ logo and Director. This theatrical group became in a short time, a veÃ of culture and animation in the region, been gaining a place in the theatrical panorama Portuguese although, unfortunately, have suspended their activities in 2007. The band Master ³ nica Harmony, founded in 1865, remains steadfast in the wake of its mission and cultural entertainment. Another Band ³ nica Philharmonic exists in the parish of pine. In some parishes of the municipality, there are associations µ s cultural and recreational, to which are associated with ranching folclÃ ³ rich and traditional singing groups. Of these last, stand out for their projecÃ of the national Alafum Group and the Group of songs of Manhouce, in which stands out the melodious voice of Isabel Silvestre.
3.2. Local newspapers In s. Pedro do Sul are presently edited two newspapers, Gazeta da Beira and µ s LafÃ newspaper. However, there are more than a century, others published in this county: the semanÃ Lafonense â it emerged in January 1891. The County â Published in 1898. The Vouga â â agrÃ cola Sheet, commercial, literary and noticiosaâ , 1899 to 1912. Â semanÃ progress to progressive that â published on Sundays, in 1903. Echoes of the Vouga is semanÃ â â republicanoâ that if published 1913 to 1915 to. Dawn â Published shortly after the previous one. The Defense â â QuinzenÃ independenteâ user posted on 1921 to 1926. Mail de s. Pedro do Sul â started its publication in 1922. People of Edge â â TrimensÃ regionalistaâ user (1 St series), with publication in 1936 and 1937. In 1939, appeared in 2âª series, surviving until 1943. Tribuna de LafÃ es QuinzenÃ â µ is regionalistaâ , Appears in January 1953, suspending publication in 1997. News of µ s LafÃ â Founded in 2004 as quinzenÃ, went after the semanÃ. Continues to be edited.
3.3. Local radio founded in 1985 by a group of young people exists in s. Pedro do Sul, one of the most dynamic local radios in the Viseu district, the radio LafÃ µ s. After some difficulties and their legalizaÃ in 1988, he became cooperative, being today one of the most heard stations in the region.
3.4. Craft in the 60 of the last century, along with some craftsmen and artisan, variadÃ ssimos co-exist pedestrian artery which fices of manufacturers products and articles of demanding and patient manual labor as tamanqueiros, shoemakers, tailors, albardeiros, farrier, Millers, bakeries, flower beds that rendavam granite, locksmiths civilians who made iron bar belÃ ssimos twisted and arabesques, which in many cases led their knowledge to cities like Lisbon , Porto and Rio de Janeiro. This intense activity still left some cleos number of craftsmen, who continue to develop their activities in areas such as weaving, retrieval of mills and the sweetness aria, on the initiative of µ s associations across the County.
4. NIO MONUMENTAL HERITAGE s. Pedro do Sul has a free riquÃ ³ nio monumental heritage that include the following elements: the Roman BalneÃ das Termas-In Termas de s. Pedro do Sul there in â ruÃ Balneumâ Roman of the baths, where d. Afonso Henriques if business. Is classified as a national monument since 1938. In developing a project of recovery of these ruÃ, in partnership with the IGESPAR, mindful of the importance of this monument that stresses «the gio's oldest Credit vestÃ ³ nica Termal PortuguesaÂ». Potala of MarquÃ â Reriz of Imposing on its mass arquitectÃ ³ nica century, attracts the looks of those who visit or pass by s. Pedro do Sul. Here was the Queen read America, when it came to the Spa treatments. Palacete de Palme-Moniz-Beautiful villa with large front garden, which stands out for its 10 Bay Windows 19th century style. Palacete dos Condes da Lapa Building 18th century cio â with ample interior and uncle page 11 Bay Windows in the main façade. Villa of Correia de Lacerda â cio free antique Manor Building, with brasÃ that must be unique in the PaÃ s: over the arms of the original brasÃ, were placed in the 19TH c., two lion µ s rampant inca or Aztec origin. The Queen BalneÃ d. AmÃ © read â Located in the Spa was opened in 1888 and later expanded. In addition to its beautiful façade, has within it a core museolÃ ³ art where they can be appreciated old equipment of thermal treatments. Cio's building of the municipality PaÃ â the ampliaÃ, at the end of 20, princÃ principles of 30 of the 20TH century, the old building heat Chamber, installed in the convent of Friars, resulted in a great stay and magnetic â Municipalisâ , Domus massive and well crafted granite balcony jutting out from the facade where emphasizes the municipality also rendilhadasâ â in granite by hands of artist site. Dominates a large wide front (â off the camera maraâ ) and the aprazÃ vel Municipal garden. Holiday Center of INATEL-This old Hotel Potala das Termas is a large and stately building heat of romantic style that impresses with its outer and inner beauty. Franciscan convent of s. JosÃ © â is a former convent, converted into the PaÃ the municipality (the adjacent church) is the symbol of this City pio asset that exists since 1834. His Church (known forever as the convent Church) has a majestic facade, deployed on top of a grand staircase of granite. Inside, among other images, stands out for its beauty and size, N. Lady of Conception, on the high altar, the patron saint of the village, on 8 December, sai is in busy street procissÃ. Chapel of Santo Antônio ³ nio â Property of Mercy mercy ³ site and deployed in prime location of the village, next to the Potala Reriz, has an attractive facade of Portuguese Baroque style Rico. Chapel of s. SebastiÃ-³ Building next to the convent , Is a temple of simple but very old architecture. Until there is a short time, there was situated the brotherhood of s. SebastiÃ. Chapel of s. Martinho â Small but antique priority Chapel of the baths whose Patron Saint this Saint. On November 11, great feast, leaving the image is in the procissÃ Street in veil spera, at night, there is always the traditional magusto, accompanied by the new wine.
5. Fairs, festivals and fairs Fairs of the village: Old Fair (monthly) â on 2âª fair between 16 and 22 days of each month, New â (monthly)-the first 5Â th fair for each month. Fair in South, on Sundays.
Party and Festivals: Holidays Village's annual Commemorative of the day â de s. Pedro, Municipal holiday.
N. SrÂ. The Conception, in the village no th SrÂ of health, at a spa n. SrÂ ª do Livramento in Whitley Bay no Lady NazarÃ SrÂ, in Drizes. Santo Antônio ³ nio, in Village 6. Infrastructure and EQUIPMENT s. Pedro do Sul has µ and the following equipment in the area that covers the seat of the municipality and the parish of s. Pedro do Sul, as well as in several rzea, where are the Termas de s. Pedro do Sul:
Health Center, with basic service of the UrgÃ;
The Termas de s. Pedro do Sul, composed of two thermal establishments, that apart from delivering thermal treatments has µ in health care basic and medical support with 12 doctors and medicine music fan and rehabilitation.
Clan only methods private Laboratory ³ 3 Tips: rivers of private analyses: 3 Pharmacies: News 4 µ s Association of Social solidarity: Holy House of Mercy, mercy ³ with Home and day care Corporations of µ s Brigade: 2 concert House obstacles: the Cine Teatro São Pedro, there are still several of ndole equipment managed by cultural associations such as µ, for example , the Cultural Association of Drizes, the United Association of the station, the Association Cultural e Recreativa of Whitley Bay, the Association Cultural e Desportiva de Travanca, the Association Cultural e Recreativa de Arcozelo, the Club of San Pedro do Sul, bass drums and snare drums group of Whitley Bay, the string ensemble of San Pedro do Sul â Toccata , the Popular Theatre Group â CÃ © nico, the Rancho Rico ³ FolclÃ the Lavradeiras of Whitley Bay, the Philharmonic Musical society ³ nica harmony of s. Pedro do Sul, the pull down â motor sports, the Sports Sampedrense Union, the Association of education music and sports FAN of Pedro do Sul, the Association of Social solidarity of µ s LafÃ the Club of hunting and fishing for LafÃ µ, the Academic membership © mica FootlafÃ µ, the Association Cultural e Recreativa Bairro da Ponte's Social and Sports Club of Drizes: libraries: Municipal Library, the library based on Termas de s. Pedro do Sul, in the installation of the BalneÃ µ Queen Dona AmÃ © lia libraries of Basic Integrated School 2/3 and the Secondary School of s. Pedro do Sul;
Two spaces the Internet 6.1. Μ s installation installation µ s Hotel hospitality, offering more than 2000 beds, and is therefore the largest Park District of Viseu Hotel: A Hotel of 4 estrelasCinco of hotels 3 stars;
Four hotels of 2 stars;
Six Pension µ;
Seven units of tourism in rural space;
Four units of housing;
Two commercial species superfan average dimension.
6.2. Educational establishments basic School 2/3 Integrated Secondary School of s. Pedro do Sul;
Three primary schools;
Schools-pre primary and infantÃ: three private schools: Kindergarden 6.3. Municipal Sports Centre Sport;
Three Pavilion gimnodesportivos;
Three Tennis Courts;
Two playing fields;
Two Municipal Swimming Pools.
6.4. Other equipment and services Two industrial parks;
A service of security and Civil protection integrated into the Municipal Chamber;
The GNR Two QuartÃ © is for firefighters;
Station Office, telÃ © graphs and numbers;
Central Postal distribution;
Twelve public telephone Stations ³ nicos;
Five banking agencies rias;
Two Clan Chronicles various Veterinarian;
Distribution of finance and Bureau of public Farm public transportation provided by the trucking company Guedes.
There are in this territorial space 8 parks and public gardens and river beaches 4 notable Court Private ConservatÃ ³ River of Civil, commercial and real estate Register Service Social Security Regional Tourist Office Thermal Museum Ecopista resulting from the transformation of the former railway line of Vouga Valley between s. Pedro do Sul and Viseu.
7. STRUCTURAL is the DEMOGRAPHIC is the area corresponding to all the parishes of s. Pedro do Sul and several rzea has a total of 5572 inhabitants, according to the census of 2001. The two villages are interconnected and represent a universe of 4600 voters according to the map with the number of voters enrolled in the electoral census published in the diary of the Republic, II series, nº 43, 3 March 2009.
As the town of s. Pedro do Sul develops at present in the area of the parish of s. Pedro do Sul and several rzea, these two parishes re-use number nor the µ s condition provided for in Law nº 11/82 to be high is the category of Town, especially in relation to the provisions of article 14Â°, by members of the Social Democratic Party , the undersigned, under the wrapping µ and legal regulations applicable, the following draft law: ARTICLE is NICO is created the s. Pedro do Sul, which covers the area corresponding to the present parishes of s. Pedro do Sul and several rzea.
Potala s. Benedict, March 19 2009 members of PSD JosÃ © CesÃ is Helena Oliveira JosÃ © LuÃ s Arnaut AntÃ ³ nio Vijit Carlos Miranda
Search Translated Laws of Portugal