Elevation Of The Town Of Valongo Do Vouga, In Águeda Municipality In Aveiro District, Village

Original Language Title: Elevação da povoação de Valongo do Vouga, no município de Águeda, distrito de Aveiro, à categoria de vila

Subscribe to a Global-Regulation Premium Membership Today!

Key Benefits:

Subscribe Now

Read the untranslated law here: http://app.parlamento.pt/webutils/docs/doc.pdf?path=6148523063446f764c3246795a5868774d546f334e7a67774c336470626d6c7561574e7059585270646d467a4c316776644756346447397a4c334271624463774d5331594c6d527659773d3d&fich=pjl701-X.doc&Inline=false

DRAFT law No. 1. 701/X/4th (HIGHER VILLAGE of VALONGO DO VOUGA, in ÁGUEDA MUNICIPALITY, to the CATEGORY of VILLAGE) statement I – brief history Valongo do Vouga is a very populated area before the 12th century.
Indeed, since documents of the 9th to the 11TH CENTURY refer to toponyms which confirm the occupation of these lands of "Valle Longum" and "Foramontanos" (Valongo and Fermentões).
In 897 Valongo was owned by Gondesindo Eria, son of Don Ero D DC. Enderquina Pala (1st. of this name) and Fahed, who donated the s. Salvador de Lavra, where your daughter Adosinda was a nun.
On October 29, 1101 d. Ximena Forjaz, married to John Gondesindes, bought a part of the inheritance of Diogo Peres Matron: "Villas de Valle Longum, Melares and Lanieses" (today Lanheses).
In 1110 Ximena Forjaz, donates Valongo do Vouga to the see of Coimbra.
In the current territory of the parish of Valongo do Vouga, existed in time, two counties, however extinct: a) – village of Aguieira, whose Charter was granted by King Manuel, in Lisbon, to May 6 1514; b)-village of Brunhido, also granted Charter by King Manuel, on 20 March 1516. These counties were extinct in 1834 with the creation of the municipality of Águeda, where were integrated.

II-location, area and population Includes the place of the seat of the parish, Valongo do Vouga, and still the Aguieira, Village, torn from the Vouga, Brunhido, Cadaveira, Carreiro, Carvalhal da Portela, Carvalho, Cavadas, Cavadinhas, Covão, Ridge, Thorns, 2 Fermentões, Gandara, Lanheses, Levegadas, Moutedo, Hill Palace, Pedrozelo, insect bites, Póvoa do Espírito Santo, Quintã, round, Sabugal, Salgueiro, Santa Rita, Cork oak, the Donkey , Toural, Vale Covo, Valley of fig trees, and Veiga. It is the largest parish, the largest municipality of the District of Aveiro. It has an area of 44.3 km2, with 5,200 inhabitants, being 4,260 registered voters. Is located in the municipality of Águeda, Aveiro district, confronting the North by the parish of Macinhata do Vouga; the source with the parishes of Carved (Sever do Vouga), and very useful; to the South by the parish of Águeda and the West with the parishes of Trofa and Lamas do Vouga. Is crossed by the national road No.. 573, by the railway line of the Vouga Valley and highway 25. It is a kilometre from IC2, and ten kilometres from the A1.
Are good their accessibility. III-monuments)-Church of the 12th century, was built in 1110, confirmed the donation to the see of Coimbra which reads: "nostrum furnum cutting your cum. qui est justam illam novam eclesiam", i.e. "our oven, with your patio, which is next to that new Church". The major reconstruction that produced the present building dates from the 17th – 18TH transition. The baptismal font, work done in limestone, is the beginning of the 16th century Manueline period. Suffered major reforms between 1930 and 1935. The grandeur of the chancel, the exuberant and artistic carving of its altars and the combination of marbles and Granites arouse the attention of visitors. Several images in Ançã stone, Gothic, 15th, 16th and 17th, and 18TH century wood. b)-drag Type Cruise templete, of four Tuscan columns on pedestals, square-plan, entablature, of seventeenth-century structure. 3 Suffered several reforms, being the most ancient limestone and granite to later. On the Summit there is a rock paralelepipédica, that on one side shows a label dated 1626, another a ball, and other signs of emblems shaved.
c)-dated 1753 Aguieira cruise, way with advanced columns templete put on pedestals. Had several reforms, including recent improvements. d)-Via Crucis in Valongo and ripped out Are the beginning of the 18th century.
e)-Brunhido Chapel, built in the 17th century, has the oculus of the facade a "rosacea", of limestone of the 13th-14TH CENTURY, composed of semi-circles secants, tangents, in internal and external radiation. the semicircles seek external suggest interweaving. Single copy in Bairrada. f) – other Chapels there are chapels in Aguieira (2), ripped out (2), Veiga, Cork oak, Póvoa do Espírito Santo, round, willow, Moutedo, Santa Rita, Fermentões and Carvalhal da Portela. g) – Classified Houses exist in places of Aguieira, Plucked and Brunhido several old houses, with architectural value, duly classified by National Heritage.
With respect to acceleration, there's even an old reference in the District of Aveiro, which reads as follows: "Is a surprise to find that number and set of houses of the 17TH century to the mid-18th century, homogeneous type, in the region where both are in short supply the old houses". h)-bronze bust of the founder of the House of the people of Valongo do Vouga.

4 IV-socio-economic Characteristics Valongo do Vouga, has developed very much, especially from the years 70, fruit of the industrialization and your creation and installation at the beginning of the Decade of 90 school EB 2/3.
the) – is home to various associations:-Associação Desportiva Valonguense:-House of the people, with concert hall;
-Amateur Sports Group G.D.A.;
-Round recreational Association;
-Foundation of the Immaculate Conception;
-Parish Centre, with youth group b)-public safety-stand of the National Republican Guard, properly equipped and with several staff;
-Shooting range, the Ministry of Internal Affairs, for training of the staff of the Police Forces of Public Security and National Republican Guard throughout the District of Aveiro, in place of the Donkey. c)-Civil Protection-volunteer fire department section with car based fighting, with six staff, trained by volunteer firefighters from Águeda.
d)-facilities and services-EB 2/3, School with 18 classes, with gimno-Sports Pavilion;
-1 School with 10 classrooms and cafeteria, like P3, Uprooted;
-1 School with 3 classrooms, in Moscow;
-Nursery with swimming pool;
-ATL;
-School of music;
-Dance school;
-Musical Group;
-Internet room;
-Medical and nursing care, Social Security; 5-pharmacy;
-Post Office;
-Bank branch;
-Atms;
-Nursing home, day care, home care service and integrated home care;
-Soccer fields and lawns electrified-two football field without grass and electrified;
-Gimno-Sports Pavilion, in the House of the people;
-Gimno-Sports Pavilion, under construction by the local authority;
-Swimming pool, under construction by the local authority;
-Medical offices;
-Offices of lawyers:-Brotherhood of Nossa Senhora da Conceição

-Laboratory of clinical analyses – accounting offices-insurance agencies-funeral home-Bookstore-taxi rank-Morris dancers-football teams, handball and athletics-public networks of water, electricity, telephone, gas and sanitation.
e)-Commerce-cafes and restaurants-Bakeries and pastries-drug stores and shoe shops-Mini-markets and butchers-agricultural and food products stores-florists and hairdressers-massage therapists man and Lady-gas stations-liquor Trade and non-ferrous metals-Crafts-car Stands-construction materials warehouses f)-Industry-manufacture of pipes for hot and cold drinking water 6-manufacture of blinds and shutters in aluminium-Typography-manufacture of ovens for bakery-manufacture of electrical equipment and lighting;
-Manufacture of metal furniture-manufacture of wooden furniture-carpentry and metal-aluminium-Frame Partitions and false ceilings-Workshops of cars, motorcycles and velocipedes-construction companies-sawing wood-metal structures-Wine Cellars-sands extraction and saibros.
g)-public transport-regular bus service from the bus station of Beira Litoral-railroad of Vale do Vouga.
-School Transportation for the City.

In view of the described, the parish of Valongo do Vouga the requirements laid down by article. 12 of law nº. 11/82, of 2 June to be elevated to the category of village. Thus, the Members of the Social Democratic Party, the undersigned, present the following Bill: sole article the parish of Valongo do Vouga, in Águeda municipality, is elevated to the category of village.

Palácio de s. Bento, March 27 2009 The members of PSD