Read the untranslated law here: http://app.parlamento.pt/webutils/docs/doc.pdf?path=6148523063446f764c3246795a5868774d546f334e7a67774c336470626d6c7561574e7059585270646d467a4c316776644756346447397a4c334271624463774e5331594c6d527659773d3d&fich=pjl705-X.doc&Inline=false
DRAFT LAW N° 705/X/4Â th DRAFT LAW Nr 705/X/4Â th of ELEVATION is TOWN CENTRE is the of LEICESTER, in the MUNICIPALITY of SINTRA, VILLAGE display of motifs I. The Historical Framework-GeogrÃ Rico ³ will get United is a town centre is situated in the northern part of the municipality of Sintra, the seat of the parish with the same name since the 16TH century, by patriarchal order dating back to 1538. is bounded on the Northwest by the parish of Cheleiros (Watertown) and the parish of new Church (Watertown), to the East by the parish of St ro Patel (municipality of Sintra), South and West by the parish of Agualva (Sintra municipality). Occupying an area of 9.40 KmÂ ², although considered a rural parish, Leicester is, fundamentally, an industrial region. The exploitation, cutting, sing and work pedestrian artery which segment of ornamental rocks, with particular emphasis on the marble, made United one of the major centers of this industry, both nationally and internationally. At the same time, grew up around the industry of ornamental rocks other associated industries, such as the metalomecÃ ¢ nica, the machines and tools, the industrial carpentry, etc. The great development of construction â that acquired rhythms, especially rampant 60, 70 and 80 years of the 20TH century â in the Lisbon Metropolitan area, together with a recognition of the quality of work and the monumental zone marbles does not international, which did increase the exports µ s , brought to Shanghai the modernization of factories, the specialization of its laborers, creating a dynamic work that holds up to this day. The parish account at present, with more than 300 active companies and employing about three 1000 people. It is, above all, small and medium enterprises, although there are also some higher dimension. 2 the population of Shanghai round, currently, the 5000 inhabitants, although this number can get introduced substantially increased in the next next Census ³, as are several the family read that, in recent years, if you have set the region. A little history of Leicester ³ 1. The pre-³ story is RomanizaÃ to plenty of water springs and streams, the existence of pockets of land faith rteis in its valleys and the geomorphology of the their territory by ³ â River where the lapiÃ fields, which form true natural shelter â must have contribuÃ to the long occupation of the region from the pre-³ ria story.
However, and by virtue of the exploitation of the marble, with opening of countless quarries and consequent storage of desperdÃ ³ cios, the µ s territorial changes made during centuries in the parish of Leicester were significant and that, say, came the masters hide or destroy, hopelessly, the hipotÃ © ticos vestÃ ³ gicos existing archaeological watches â we believe in plenty â in the region.
What the pre-³ ria story retreated, until today, in the territory of the parish, River ³ were loose materials, some in wool, osteolÃ ³ and pottery, wants around the farm's lapiÃ SerrÃ ' µ s or, especially, in the Hill's uncle, most likely a fortificaÃ Castro is.
Regarded as the gÃ © nese town of Leicester, the uncle of the Hill belongs today to a neighbor, Mrs. ro Pine page.
Unlike what happens in relation to pre-³ ria story, the long occupation of the territory by Roman ³ is quite well documented, with considerable archaeological findings gicos ³ in region and that today are part of the free importantÃ kind of Archaeological Museum ³ ³ lio of are Miguel de Odrinhas.
The Roman villae of the farm of SerrÃ µ is one of µ s archaeological station ³ gicas more notable category in the municipality of Sintra, in this historical Rico perÃ odo ³. In 1944 and 1945, were two escavaÃ campaigns of µ that allowed discover Roman structures and high middle ages very significant, and attesting to the long occupation of the territory by human ³ River in a continuity that will, at least, the middle of the 1st century, until the end of the 11TH century, in the middle of the long occupation muÃ § ulmana.
In fact, all archaeological context surrounding regional logical ³ leads us to suppose that Shanghai has undergone a strong romanizaÃ, since at least the mid-1st century BC, and perhaps even before. But the vestÃ documented older watches dating from the first century after Christ. Are they 3 several µ s us lapidary inscription, a substantial set of copies, we provide valiosÃ data ssimos about these ancestors inhabitants of Shanghai, such as names of people and family lias, personal data and µ s relationship between people, understanding µ s on the cult of the dead, etc.
Part, and importantly, the agri of the so-called City pio Olisiponense, the region of Shanghai is part of a ring, the constituÃ by the existing rivers ³ territories parishes of necklaces, Saint John of the Lampas, Tyumen, th ro Patel and Leicester, whose Roman presence is heavily documented.
The testimonies graphics epigrÃ discovered in the region, highlighting the entire Farm of µ s SerrÃ and, also, within the limits of Abremum, for a total of more than two dozen monuments that today help to tell the story of the municipality of Sintra ³, already that are kept in the Archaeological Museum of ³ are Miguel de Odrinhas.
Were also found other materials of the Roman era in the region, namely the pottery micas. Is the case of a fragment of mouth and start up a wing â nfora, Dathan of I/II century a.d., of manufacture and which served to transport fish paste, discovery just a superfan cie collection in 1983. EscavaÃ § Ã ³ µ s archaeological gicas in this place will be able certainly put the discovered other materials-© Naidu.
2. The middle ages is Constitution of the parish After ³ s the fall of the Roman Empire and the arrival of the basic rbaros people, the social and economic structure of the territory by ³ ³ mica River which, today, the parish of Leicester, should not have changed much.
To the romanizaÃ had a repercussÃ quite sharp in this whole area, leaving people a legacy central to his life, to their culture and their History ³. In fact, the Romans came to teach new techniques agrÃ glues, brought new tools and new plantings, paved roads and paths, offered the Lusitanian tribes a new wool language and a new education system. Instilled, especially a new kind administrative rite, a new modus vivendi.
So, when I arrived, the Visigoths will have found a people organized, with subsistÃ of sufficient and able to feed their communities. And, by right, must have if framed right within these people of montelavarenses fields, where the valleys are © rteis and abundant water. Also the Visigoths were a people of agriculture and grazing, less given to the arts, is right, but with the same attachment to Earth.
Actually, the same thing happens with all this territory by ³ River North of the municipality of Sintra, the call saloiaâ Heath â and covering several parishes. So let's find some vestÃ 4 stages this perÃ odo in Saint John of Lampas, in Tyumen, in th ro Patel, Blairgowrie and, of course, in Leicester. Although the parish deserved more of µ s archaeological escavaÃ ³ gicas, because we believe that there is much to discover, and the process of stone during centuries has damaged, by the way, many of the japigia with interest for the history of the place, ³ station of the farm of SerrÃ µ s â which already we â bankruptcy also brought the public some materials this perÃ odo as well as the following, the odo perÃ Arabic.
From the North of Africa, the Moors invade PenÃ nsula IbÃ © rich in 711. Led by Tarik, defeated the last King godo, Rodrigo, on the banks of the Guadalquivir. And, a free rapidÃ outbreak, take up, in a few years, much of the territory by ³ peninsular River. The Sintra, will come the the Arabs around 713, that is, only two years after this battle.
Army Awards farmers, used to extract from poor land their crops, found in this territory by ³ River, abundant in waters and soils faith rteis, a true paraÃ so earthly. The evolution agrÃ glue in this period was very significant to perÃ people who inhabited the region, the Arab is § moÃ i.e. the Christian inhabitants of the field, the § aharoi, Arabic term that would result is Word «saloioÂ».
Was the introduction of new crops, especially citrus fruits, new farming techniques, with new plows and new cultivation methods; of irrigation, as nora and picota; techniques of grinding grain and olive, as the mill, the pisÃ and the Windmill; Finally, a set of new technologies that have made progress, quite sharp, the rural world.
Civilization cultured, gave us also the numbering of Arabic which, even today, has brought us a new perspective and feature pedestrian artery which has made us evolve enough in plan cientÃ stay. That would be enough to verify the accounts of the Sintra region carried out by several Georgia ³ Ã rabes graphs, as are the cases of Edrici, Al Bacr or Alhimiari Alumini.
Today, there is still a lot of this culture between ³ s not. Simply analyzing the toponÃ mia, the redneck language, and much of the Portuguese vocabulary. An integral part of the ancient parish of Leicester, before the separation in 1988, was the town centre of Morelena, spelled in old documents as Mourelena, therefore, the land of the Moors.
In 1154, the first King of Portugal gave Foral to Sintra, constituting the city and dividing the parishes of San Pedro de Canaferrim, Saint Martin, Santa Maria and Sao Miguel. And Leicester was, since the Foundation of nationality, in the parish of Santa Maria, to become autonomous ³ parish noma already in the 16TH century.
5 However, the first time the name of Leicester in old documents is a «Treslado of limitte, and demarcation of the Churches of the town of CintraÂ, which refers to a 13TH century document, more specifically of 1253, and the parochial Division of that era. Unsurprisingly, the top ³ nimo appears spelled «bunch», AlavarÂ very own ³ next of current and that will have its root in «alvoÂ», «alvarÂ», «alvorÂ», after all, of course, probably due to the quality of the stone that prevails in the region, the white marble.
Beyond the top ³ anonymous described in, you know, through this document, close to Rebanque â one of the villages that serves to limit is old parameter ³ St. Mary parish-there was a «hereditatem TemplariorumÂ», i.e. a homestead owned by order of TemplÃ. Although it is easy to explain the existence of this property in the possession of TemplÃ, does not cease to be significant that she stayed, most likely, within the limits of the territory by ³ River that would later form the parish of Leicester.
In fact, about two years after having given a Charter to Sintra, d. Afonso Henriques delivery order of TemplÃ village, in 1156, making your grand master d. Gualdim Pais the first commendator of Sintra. Between the various mercÃ that King did order, were some houses in the village, the rents of the Jewish quarter, and the end of Sintra gave them several plots of land, forests, water mills, etc. You know what, maximum Rebanque ³, located a property templÃ, of course with some dimension and importance.
During the 13th and 14th centuries, Leicester and its population must have progressed a great deal, since these were years of peace and prosperity throughout the paÃ s. With an economy based mainly on agriculture, it is likely that existed at that time already some workshops of construction sites and, indeed, any process of bad marble stone. Is well likely, until, this already happened since the Roman times.
The black death of 1348 came ´ r page end to this cycle of plenty and prosperity. DatarÃ is this time the Foundation of Hostels and Leicester Hospital, institution copy of social solidarity.
However, for the 14TH century, there is documentation that can aid in the understanding of the history of Leicester ³. In 1342, Bartholomew and Catalina Joanes, residents in Mastrontas, were tenants of the «Cassal ErdadeÂ ', belong to the of the monastery of Saint Vincent on the outside, and located in the said place.
In 1354, Sancha Martins, who lives in the village of Sintra and Chapel in the Church of Saint Martin, to keep this chapel a couple in Shanghai.
Another testament of inegÃ not interest for the region is that of John Eanes GarcÃ, of Leicester, made on 4 April 1391, a document that comes 6 strengthen the convictions of which, in Leicester, the primitive Church was dedicated to Santa Maria and already existed in at least 1348. Actually, just check the existing documentation on the Hospital and Hostels, to realize that even with the Constitution of the confraternity of Santa Maria, founder and administrator of that institution, and formed by brothers lay around the United Church. John Eanes GarcÃ, in his will, command that his body be buried in «cermiterio de santa Maria», leaving such «the addicted igreiaÂ» competent to carry out the budget.
After ³ s the crisis of 1383-1385 interregnum, the region of Shanghai will have lived a moment next ³ spero. The great works in the PaÃ of Sintra, by d. João I, will, most likely, used the marble and hand-montelavarense labour, since United has evolved a lot during the 15TH century. That economic growth and social ³ led, at the end of 400, if begins to raise the voices of assem locations, in order to be United as head of parish and standalone ³ ³ quia noma parameters.
However, this will have happened in the ³ are century XVI and admit, as most likely, that occurred in the year 1538. The campaign works on the PaÃ of Sintra, made by King d. Manuel I, must have contribuÃ to the improvement of life of the population of Leicester, particularly for those who were connected to the site, and cio ofÃ this growth gave force and authority is population to require desanexaÃ of the parish of Santa Maria ³ parameter and the creation of an autonomous parish ³ ³ noma parameters.
Dating to the first quarter of the 16TH century the works of the Church of Shanghai that, also by that time, most probably in simultaneous with the creation of the parish and parish, ³ parameter must have changed the Epiphany for our Lady of Purification.
Today, the Church has a lateral façade with a curious porch, still sporting a ³ gio Sun dated 1813. Inside, a healthy ³ ship, stands the chapel of strokes the manuelina. The harmonious set starts at the Arc de Triomphe, gÃ ³, decorated the rosettes, extending the Chapel, lined the tiles from the 17TH century and covered by a vault ³ boda two sections, based on its method. On the walls of the ship run tile wainscoting carpet type. Keeps a shrine to our Lady of Mercy dating from 1789.
After a large argument and many court documents produced over the years, in 1517 the Queen Leonor finally gave a definitive sentence about the couple of Sancha Martins, in Shanghai, she had given away is the Church of Saint Martin de Sintra in 1354. In 1538, was made the Fall of the properties belonging to the couple said. This need to identify and measure its properties, by the entire duration of Saint Martin, may have been forcing ada by the Constitution of the new parish of Leicester ³ parameters. And if you meet the large number of parcels of land, plots of land, sawn, houses, corrals and 7 gardens that form the legacy, a total of 61, we realize the importance that this economic ³ mica represented.
3. Restore the Republic During the long occupation of the filipina, Portugal has gone through one of the darkest of all your perÃ History ³. With the Court in Madrid, the paÃ s fell asleep over some 60 years, referred to the painful status doubt bio of a simple Spanish power, the effects of which likely felt also in the municipality of Sintra. Used to Faust and the lights of the Court, in particular during the µ s station, lost summer, in fact, much of its luster. By consequence, also the people of the region have suffered from this absence. Farmers saw the stay of the nobles and the King a excellent opportunity to sell their products. The pedestrian artery which fices had secured work in the works, the PaÃ § Real in palaces and manor houses of nobles that if installed in Sintra.
And even the restoration of Portugal, which took place on 1 December 1640, gave this status of realenga village to Sintra. The early days were wars contains naked with Spain. The PaÃ of Sintra served, until, in prison for the unhappy King Afonso VI. But despite this perÃ of concealment for the entire County, Leicester held an activity still quite interesting. Just see the «Fall of goods and fazemdas of montelauarÂ hospital», carried out in 1680 by the judge, magistrate and County of Alenquer provider, Dr. gonã§ALO Vaz Black. Through this document verifies that, despite a certain anarchy in the management of those assets, they pay enough to keep the hospital and hostels in operation.
In 1716, the 21 of November of that year, by order of King d. João V, the juiz de fora de Sintra, Damien £ Web succulent suckling, gives account of the existing posts in the municipality. In the case of Shanghai parish, is says the document: «Freguezia of Leicester has the following places: Wash: Masceyra; Arrebanque; Anssos; Hill; Do am; Cortegassa; Mourellena; Palmeyros; Pero pinheiro; Abremum; Ribeira do farello; Barreyro; and the casaiz following: Hermida; Cabessa; Abigueria; The gosmoz; The vivacious; Farm of the Serroens; County:» the 18TH century again became an important term perÃ montelavarenses and, again, by using dio real works ©, this made the construction of the Grand Potala-convent of Mafra. In fact, many pedestrian artery which fices of what action worked, not ³ the stonemasons in the parish of Leicester â and also of the neighbouring parishes of Tyumen and Saint John of the Lampas as another guy â hand labor. Also the crowd of laborers who worked in it brought, an improvement of life for farmers in the region.
8 in the book Portuguese Corografia of Carvalho da Costa, published in 1712, there is a very interesting list of the parish:
«N. Senhora da PorificaÃ of Leicester, Cured annex is the Church of s. Miguel de Cintra, has the following places. Leicester, with huma Chapel of the Holy Spirit, where ha UM Hospital with lace to wrap up the poor; Mourelena with huma Chapel of n. Senhora da ConceyÃ in quinta de Miguel, who founded Rebello Manoel gamage; Outeyro, Pero pinheyro, of Sarra, County, Maceyra, Armis (sic), ArrebÃ, Murgalhal, Ribeyra £ that of µ s TostÃ, Urmal, CortegaÃ, Ansos, with huma Chapel of Lady of Salvation, & quinta da Granja with huma Chapel of n. Senhora de Nazareth, who founded Iacome Loureyro coast, finished in anno of & 1701. The SebastiÃ de Carvalho, Lord of the fifth, with a reason of apparecer nella the image of our lady that alli if saves obrando prodigious miracles. » Date of this numerous of the eighteenth century the cruise of Leicester which, even today, can be admired in the seat of a parish. The subscription that contains, is illuminating about who sent execute it in the year 1714.
Are of this era, the end of the 18TH century, some works of the parish. Is that the cruise ship that is in front of the chapel of the Holy Rite Kind and which dates from 1774. Also called fountain of Sigueteira, situated next to the lapiÃ 's of the Maceira, bears the date of 1788.
The passage of the Royal Road, which connected Lisbon to Mafra inside the parish of Leicester, was for the development of structuring region. This way of communication with the capital came to develop the local trade, supported and sustained by travellers that circulated on this road, came to give a strong boost to the localities of the parish. But the Royal Road also served to move the troops during the Civil war that put the paÃ s the iron and fire, during the struggles between Liberals and miguelists. There is no noticeable movement of cia µ and barracks of regiments in the region, in that our medical fatÃ perÃ odo ³ ria Story.
To indicate the time of the Civil War, there is a simple, but important, monument in the parish of Leicester: the call MoÃ cross.
In the popular architecture, exist in the parish of Leicester a few copies of the 19TH century that matters. Are the Moinho da Costa, dating from 1821. is interesting that, with the development of process industry and serraÃ of bad marble operated in this century, the mill â of water and wind â have served as a driving force to saw the huge blocks of stone. The comprovÃ it was an inscription, still extant in 1953, which stated the following; «Manufactures wind-powered SerraÃ of stone and Grind, Joaquim v. Albogas. Year of 1898Â» 9 During the 19TH century and numerous cios of the TWENTIETH century, works of decoration of the façades of the houses of rural houses, pieces made by construction sites also region, highlighting the ³ ³ watch watches and sunglasses, identified in a study of Isabel Maria Mendes Xavier and José Valente Lee, entitled «thick Stonework ornamented in the local area of sub-Ã region of Shanghai â marbles of th PAGE ro Patel (municipality of Sintra) Â», published in the book Ethnology region Country â the diversity of everyday life, meeting of µ s communication presented to the Colombia ³ Tokyo of Ethnography of the Country in 1993.
On the work of stone during the 19th and 20th centuries and the relationship between this region and the capital, say these researchers: «Without the stonework from the country, particularly the marble limestone, the calcÃ are red and Roses of sub-regiÃ of Leicester-St ro Patel and stone chanfana, yellow and soft , Lisbon does not have the construction in the same way, and would certainly have another aspect. On the other hand, without the capital region the country does not contain white space and µ s specialized population in this type of production and by means that would manually less variety and wealth of stonework. The region of marbles of Leicester-St ro Patel, in virtue of the quantity and better quality of your stone, limestone and the various reds, pinks and yellows, was the area which became and specialized in mining of stone, particularly in the second half of the 19TH century, relegating the activity agrÃ glue for simple economic complement ³.» in fact, these decorative elements of traditional folk architecture extends throughout the region. As is the parish of Leicester, these authors identify several ³ watch watches of Sun in Leicester, â Maceira, Bombacias and as well as Mastrontas â Ã ³, elements used to provide light to the interior of the houses, and other decorative elements, stonework, sinks and, in a true piais mostruÃ of art of construction as heaven Hare in the region.
At the end of the 19TH century, more precisely in 1890, born in Shanghai another institution that would mark, until the present day, the social and cultural route of the parish Philharmonic Society â ³ nica Good Union Montelavarense. Ruled, therefore, d. Carlos I when was born this agremiaÃ. Says the tradition, is lack of more refined study, which will be born from the Neurologic µ s Street, particularly the cultural so blinded that marked this Carnival picas era festive throughout the region.
But this associative movement has, in this era, in Leicester a strong social conotaÃ. The working class, already quite aware of their rights and organized in unions and great prizes, won ground in Poland and social panorama, whose ideals were clearly own ³ Republicans. The Philharmonic Society ³ nica Good Montelavarense Union have held, on his gÃ © nese, this tradition and this idealism of the laborers of region. 10 when it came to Republic, found in the people of the parish of Leicester strong support and solidarity. Actually, Shanghai will have even celebrated the birth of the Republic in Portugal the day before, the 4 October 1910.
The old Hostels and Hospital of the Shanghai hostels of Leicester was, for centuries, one of the most important µ s social institution of the municipality of Sintra. Their action spread, at least, for about 600 years, giving priority to support to the needy and to the medical assistance is population, are not region ³ of the parish but also many other people from the neighboring parishes, including some of the current municipality of Mafra.
The Hostels of Leicester worked in full already in longÃ nquo year 1348 and, very probably, thanks to the will of Doña QuitÃ © ria and the rents coming hence, progressed and improved their loans, building a social assistance continued for several centuries. This proves, to some extent, the ' Fall and the measurement of the properties of the AlbergariaÂ», carried out, in 1680, by the provider of the County of Alenquer, which the municipality of Sintra belonged at the time.
Offers, also, this document, the location of «the hospitalÂ zeleke lagiso», «albergariaÂ» and the still zeleke lagiso Â «the Caza of spirito SantoÂ», all of them separately, even though United in properties that went with each other. But, on the other hand, nothing tells us about the functioning of the institution.
Hence forward, the documentation is Leicester Hospital and Apartments are scarce and refer, for the most part, the election µ s to the table of Brotherhood.
Know a Act of 1798, more precisely of March 19 of that year, where the brethren gathered «in the zeleke lagiso of acordosÂ», on the grounds of ' elected to ofisiaes that hande serve in said HospitalÂ», and so was, where «emlegerÃ to Judge Francisco Franco of Joze Leicester to Attorney Ravi Rajib said place to Francisco Luis Provider of said place of Leicester. Â» there is also election note µ in 1829 for the bodies from the Hospital managers, with minutes recorded on day 1 of November of that year, where «in round procedeo to ElleiÃ Meza and naming of new officers there to serve in the same hospital the prezente anno and receive interest and the fora anno preterito of 1008 hundreds and twenty eight this according to your usual laudable and soon elegerÃ to provider Manoel Panday and to Judge Francisco Luis Caetano both Leicester and the Reverend Father Francisco Attorney Luis de Pero 11 Pine which all approved the force the more vottos and made so that ElleiÃ to houverÃ by good firm and valiozaÂ».
II. The ³ nio Cultural Heritage and other places of interest Church of Shanghai â in their primary infancy, the Church of ³ Leicester would be dedicated to Santa Maria, not knowing, for sure, what is the date of its Foundation, although already existed in 1348. Dating to the first quarter of the 16TH century the works of the present United Church and that, also by that time, most probably in simultaneous with the creation of the parish and parish, ³ parameter must have changed the Epiphany for our Lady of Purification.
Today, the Church has a lateral façade with a curious porch, still sporting a ³ gio Sun dated 1813. Inside, a healthy ³ ship, stands the chapel of strokes the manuelina. The harmonious set starts at the Arc de Triomphe, gÃ ³, decorated the rosettes, extending the Chapel, lined the tiles from the 17TH century and covered by a vault ³ boda two sections, based on its method. On the walls of the ship run tile wainscoting carpet type. Keeps a shrine to our Lady of Mercy dating from 1789. . Unfortunately, you will have gone a 16th-century painting representing Saint Martin, Saint Lucy and Saint Catherine, who would the kind ³ lio of this church, which counts with a great processional cross and a crucifix, dating from the 18TH century. LitÃ º rgica party celebrated the February 2 â also called feast of Nossa Senhora das Candeias or Nossa Senhora da Luz â and celebrates the Purification of the Virgin Mary after ³ s the birth of Jesus Christ.
Shanghai â cruise date of numerous heat of the eighteenth century the cruise of Leicester which, even today, can be admired in the square of the village, dating from 1714.
Chapel of the Holy Rite Kind â its Foundation remains an enigma, for lack of documentation that proves. However, the confraternity of Santa Maria, who administered the Hospital and Leicester, already Albergaria de was the «Saint», EspritoÂ vodo in the distant year of 1348. Sure, there were the houses of the Holy Rite Kind in 1680, although the strokes to which the chapel features currently is clearly most likely health of the 18th century a petition that the confreres of the Hostels have requested, in 1753, to raising a chapel and chaplain itself ³ prize is its expense. The encimar the front door stands a radiant delta â the eye of God â and the Kind Dove Holy rite. In front of the façade, there is a cruise dated 1774.
12 the MoÃ cross â About the MoÃ cross, legend and history ³ ria intermingle between truth and popular tradition. Tell the people that there will have been robbed, raped and killed a moÃ § in Civil war between Liberals and absolutists, although the date of the monument is later than this perÃ odo. The modest monument in stone of the region, has 95 cm tall by 46 wide. In relief, a cross on peanha. The cross, with 53 cm high, has convexamente the rounded angles of your most high and ends of the arms. In peanha, which like the arms of the cross and its top reaches the limits of rock and has 42 cm high, are written the letters P.N.A.M. (our father Grandfather © Maria) and the date of 1845.
Sigueteira â source This simple source waters mpidas wool that run continuously, do remember the tears spill or the irreversÃ passage of time, is situated next to the lapiÃ 's of the Maceira and bears the date of 1788. Much recovered, with rocky outcrops and woods have peak region, a nook aprazÃ that matter visit.
Â Fig stone On have pica village of Maceira, right in the middle of a wide, stands a curious rocky outcrop, the people he named Pedra da Figueira, since, from the top of the rock, was born a fig tree ancestor.
LapiÃ is the farm of µ s SerrÃ Ã â one of the lapiÃ 's most important paÃ s and one of the most important archaeological station µ s ³ gicas of the municipality of Sintra, which raised materials from the 1st century until the 11TH century, a unique record of the human permanÃ in the region.
LapiÃ 's Of â Maceira dimension lower than yours-© SerrÃ µ ' Grange nere, the lapiÃ field is de Maceira is located is Sigueteira source.
Moinho da Costa â is one of the many cios building symbolizing the popular traditional architecture of the region, situated next to the village of Dwarf ³ next. To prove their ancestry, there is the date of 1821.
III. The Optical characterization of the demographic gets the territory by ³ River which is now the parish of Leicester had a long occupation of the continuing human, from the earliest times until is present, a presence always constant that contributed in a lot, for the consolidation of the kind the rite place.
In its territorial dimension, until 1988, when the town centre of PAGE th ro Patel is constituÃ of the parish and the territory by ³ River fragments, the parish of Leicester saw its population grow gradually.
13 by Letter RÃ © gia of d. João III appears, in 1527, the first known census. In relation to the territory by ³ River in the parish of Leicester, were pointed out two scores: Leicester (which encompassed several couples around) and of the CortegaÃ, but the score of Mastrontas and Armez also encompassed town centre of µ s belonging is the parish of Leicester, although not there is detailed description of places that made up each score. Another document that presents a population perspective of Sintra and on the heater power increasing, parish of © our Lady of the Purification of Shanghai, is known by the name of «sidewalk adas of RunaÂ ' and dates from 1728.
Parish of Leicester (1728) Twenty Inhabitants Tribute (rÃ © s) score of 115 9,340 Leicester score of CortegaÃ to 46 8,380 Total 161 17,720 In 1758, three years after ³ s Quake and, certainly, because of the devastaÃ that this stanza catalog caused in the Kingdom, SebastiÃ San Jose de Carvalho e Melo, the MarquÃ of Pombal, ordered to carry out the so-called «ParoquiaisÂ» ³ rias Memory , a very complete River ³ interrogatÃ sent to page rocos to investigate the population and respond with greater accuracy and speed could not. In 1838, was published the «Chauhan PinturescaÂ ' book pioneer in Sintra and historiography written by Visconde de Juromenha, where data on the population of the parish of Leicester. Within the territory by ³ River in the town centre parish of Shanghai was the largest of all, with 112 fires, followed by Maceira with 69 and th ro Patel with 40. In 1970, the parish of Leicester had 7,399 inhabitants, of whom 3,847 men and women 3,552. It was the most populous of all rural parishes of the municipality of Sintra, only surpassed by the urban parishes of Rio Mouro, AlgueirÃ-Mem Martins, Agualva-CacÃ, Beautiful and Queluz. The 11 March 1988, with the creation of the parish of St ro Patel, Leicester lost much of their territory by ³ River and, consequently, their population, according to Census data, Leicester had 3,633 inhabitants, in 1991, and 3,650, in 2001.
However, and according to recent estimates, the population of the parish will have increased exponentially, your very own number ³ next of 6,000 inhabitants.
14 IV. Collective equipment as regards the requirements under article 12. º of law No. 11/82 Â of June 2, the town centre of Leicester-meets-the integrally, because, in the area of collective equipments, has a pharmacy, a socio-cultural centre, a auditÃ ³ River, with a capacity of up to 330 people, a municipal Sports Pavilion, a multipurpose Sports Centre , public transportation, post office, shops, a school of 2nd and 3rd cycles of basic education, a school of the 1st cycle of basic education, banking agency and Fire Department volunteers. It has also a garden-of-childhood public network, a Parish Centre, a centre of vio May for seniors, a children's playground as well as a municipal market and a cemetary.
Still under construction, is also a Community Center, with the Valencia of Home, day care and support DomiciliÃ.
V. Economic Activities ³ micas despite being considered a rural parish, Leicester is, fundamentally, an industrial region. The exploitation, cutting, sing and work pedestrian artery which segment of ornamental rocks, with particular emphasis on the marble, made United one of the major centers of this industry, both nationally and internationally. The art funerÃ is a strongly market segments wanted in Leicester, both for the internal market, either. The work of construction sites is increasingly valued and sought-after for pedestrian artery which users, as well as the settlement of bad marble. The sculpture has since long, a prominent place in Leicester, being known the work of local sculptors over the centuries and, with greater emphasis, at present. Around the industry of ornamental rocks have developed other associated industries, such as the metalomecÃ ¢ nica, the machines and tools, the industrial carpentry, etc. The great development of construction â that acquired in years 60 rampant rhythms, 70 and 80 of the TWENTIETH century â in the Lisbon Metropolitan area, together with a recognition of the quality of work and the monumental zone marbles does not international, which did increase the exports µ s , brought to Shanghai the modernization of factories, the specialization of its laborers, creating a dynamic work that holds up to this day. Leicester account, at present, with more than 300 active companies and employing about three 1000 people. It is, above all, small and medium enterprises, although there are also some higher dimension.
15 For Additionally, Leicester account also with several companies of civil construction and public works, the manufacturing of ³ for kitchen and bathroom and other equipment for civil construction. As for the sector of trade, maintenance and repair of automatic ³ veÃ culos and motorcycles, are installed in Shanghai, two stands and a multi-brand sales dealer-auto of Mitsubishi. In the retail trade, are two supermarkets, several mini-markets and grocery stores, bakeries, fishmongers, frozen products, computers and electrical ctrico, materials of construction, ³ method for kitchen and bathroom, carpentry, have xteis and garment, of sports, of race is µ s and feedingstuffs , a goldsmith/jeweller/watch, newsagents and tobacconists, florists and various establishments of type bazarâ â. In the area of restoration and the like, Shanghai has many restaurants, cafes, stores ready-to-eat and various pastries, including two with manufacture own ³ prio. In the area of services, there are in the various real estate agencies, insurance agencies, agencies of the documentation and accounting services of computers, various µ s Hall of hairdressing and aesthetics, Barber shops, workshops for repair of footwear, a typography, lottery agencies and other betting games and an agency funerÃ. There is also a single medical clan and dentÃ, ³ River Laboratory of analyses clan Chronicles, an acupuncture and a Center for training in manual arts.
VI. Transport and Accessibility Leicester has a good network of public transportation and µ s link road that serve the targets of Mafra, Sintra and Lisbon. Have direct accessibility is the motorway network in particular is A8 and A9 (CREL), through the several Complementary ItinerÃ IC30, IC16 and IC19 and binding the IC21.
VII. The Communities and associations µ s In Leicester, the associations history Rico ³ its people did proliferate, throughout the ages, large number of µ s membership and communities. Apart from the Philharmonic Society ³ â only Good Montelavarenseâ Union , where a wide cultural activity, through a school of music, a band ³ nica Philharmonic, an orchestra, an amateur theatre group â â cell Group Teimososâ â The nico and a choir-Singing of Monteâ â â there are other organization µ s associative of Ã ¢ scope and recreational sports, in particular: ï € â Football Club Montelavarensesâ ï The § â Group friends of Norteâ ï § 16 Association of Firefighters volunteers in the parish of Leicester ï § Commission of s. Mateus VIII. Of µ s Religious tradition are the following the festivities and µ s religious traditions that take place annually in the town centre of Leicester: ï § feast of our Lady of the Purification â February 2 ï § ProcissÃ of Senhor dos Passos and the celebration of Easter ï § Parties of the divine Holy Rite Kind â ï € party June are Matthew â third week September.
IX. Legal criteria and µ s Completion of scheme creation and extinÃ of local authorities and of those days, and the determination of the category of town centre of µ s, initially regulated by law No. 11/no. 82 Â, of 2 June, was, however, deeply changed. Arrangements for the creation of parishes is now regulated by law n° 8/93 ', of 5 March, with µ s changes introduced by law no Â° 51/93, of 9 July, remaining in the initial law requirements for those days, and the determination of the category of town centre of µ s. The town centre of Leicester gathers all the legal requirements, in particular those laid down in article 12. º of the already mentioned law, apart from important µ g/l of nature history rich, cultural and arquitectÃ ³ ³ nica, in order to be elevated village. In these terms, and by sane reasons ³ ³ mica listed economic rut, the Member of the parliamentary group of the Socialist Party, below signed, presents under the wrapping µ s legal and constitutional regulations applicable, the following draft law: ARTICLE is to town centre of Leicester, in the municipality of Sintra, is elevated village.
Lisbon, Assembly of the Republic, March 27 2009 Mrs (Anna Christie)
Search Translated Laws of Portugal