Read the untranslated law here: http://app.parlamento.pt/webutils/docs/doc.pdf?path=6148523063446f764c3246795a5868774d546f334e7a67774c336470626d6c7561574e7059585270646d467a4c316776644756346447397a4c334271624445354d6931594c6d527659773d3d&fich=pjl192-X.doc&Inline=false
1 PARLIAMENT DRAFT law No. 192/X ELEVATION of ARÕES s. ROMÃO, in the MUNICIPALITY of FAFE, the VILLAGE is in the year 1014, which first appears in a document in Munumenta historical Vimaranis. regarding the parish of Arões designating it as ' commandment of Arones». Some people understand that Arões derives from Aron (derived from proto-Germanic ara-altar). There are still those who assign the name Arões to a plant, Aaron. However, the understanding is that that plant only appeared in the 19th century. XVIII, when in the 19th century. XI already knew Arones. Arões is not, however, exclusive of two parishes of the municipality of Fafè, before there is also in the municipalities of Macieira de Cambra and Vila do Conde. In Fafe, as is the case of Arões s. Romão, there are places to Torre, Fifth and others well denote the existence there of a villa in the old days of the middle ages. It is known that the villas were usually designated by the name of the owner-Organizer in genitive. Is known a magnate of the 20th century. IX and X which very well may have been and was the founder of the villa or «commandment» Arones or Hannah. Son of Ferdinand and of mother unknown, is called Ero in documents ranging from 899 to 926. Married Adosinda and was grandfather of Hermenegildo Gonçalves, husband of celebérrima Mumadona Dias, founder of the monastery of Guimarães. Is no doubt Ero Gundesinho-' father Richard Gundesindus». The genitive Eroni instead of Eronis, or rather, next to Eronis, not surprising anyone, because as says and shows José Leite de Vasconcelos, on page. 105 of Anthroponymy, see ern Germanic names is. The etymon of Arões is in (villa) Eronis, estate of Ero. It was, Yes, Ero Fernandes who organized the territory of Arões and it gave its name.
2 the first of the «Arões» is D, Gil Guedes de Arões, son of d. Ghahramani and Urraca Henriques Portocarreiro. Arões Division in two parishes, Arões s. Romão and Santa Cristina, date of the first Inquiries (1220), being at that time Abbot of s. Romão Gomes Martins. Some of the fields of Arões s. Ratliff were the King's property, but the village was not of royal patronage. It is not known yet who was the Patron Saint. In the Inquiries of Afonso III (1258), the respect of Arões s. Romão, refers to a farm of Martim Gil and his sister. In addition, the Church of s. Romão de Afões had a couple in St. Lawrence of Golães where D. Martim Gil enjoyed certain rights in partnership with the monastery of St.° Tirso. In the Inquiries of d. Dinis (1290), refers to the following: «parish of sam Romaom darõoes. The quimtaam they call Arões that he of d. and Lawrence Domez Goose he uiram give prouado that honrrada that sse agree witnesses and douuida from afar '. It was surely in that place that lived Ero Fernandes, organizer of the homestead. In 1290, there still lived their descendants in possession of immemorial rights and enjoyment of exemptions due to quality people. In 1301 Dinis ordered other Inquiries and says Aparicio Gonçalves, 1308 Inquirer: ' sam ffreguisia Raushan darões achey that quintaam to call Darões and Steuam Garso (Goose) and other children that am a honrra» dalgo. It is therefore vast history of the parish of Arões s. Romão, which in addition also has a monument to your Romanesque church, whose origin divides scholars. In fact, Arões s. Romão was a part of the municipality of Guimarães until 1853, when it became part of the District of Fafe, when great administrative reform of the Kingdom carried out that year. In 1874 had only 764 inhabitants. At the beginning of the sèc. XX had 894.1733 ern 1970.3258 in the year 2001 and today has over 4000 inhabitants. A village strictly linked to agriculture and crafts, Arões s. Romão long gave a ' jump ' to the tertiary sector, having a strong implantation in the textile sector, but also in footwear, in furniture, in marble, in construction, production and export of quality wines in automobile and other assistance. Has today an economic dynamism and a set of equipment, that take attractive, which is why every day more inhabitants have. The fact that is halfway between the cities of Guimarães and Fafe is also a great attraction. The Church of Arões-national monument. The newsletter of the national monuments, at paragraph 59, which is fully dedicated to the Church of s. Romão 3 of Arões, says that this church was founded by d. Garcia de Freitas, in the 19th century. XI. The Church of Arões consists of a single rectangular nave, like almost all other Romanesque churches built in rural areas in our country, wooden roof covered with coffers. Has a beautiful chapel, two sections, covered by square canopy. Her be accesses by a triumphal arch of broken arches which, as the curtain of the arc cebeceira, rests on capitals decorated with vegetal motifs, the chancel where run friezes, with enxaquetados, palmeias and lanceolados-and the theme of triumphal arch-punishment and redemption, animals devouring sinners and birds drinking from the same Cup. Featured portals to the western façade, located in the axial-shaft Spring/West, since it reinforces the route, altar, is a simple, shallow, without columns, has written in the tympanum of the door the Christian symbol ' Agnus Dei ', which according to discovered elements have a decoration rich in arches, bearing the exterior, a ' theory ' of Heads of animals biting the torus of the frame. Transposed o main portal we penetrate in a space that is structured on the basis of a single nave, relatively high compared with the chancel, explaining perhaps at late period of your construction. The Church has only one side door, facing South, with an eardrum populated by inscriptions. This temple consists of two rectangular blocks separating functions by volumes. Have a block added to the body of the ship that today plays, the sacristy, while supports the Bell Tower, both of later construction. Transposed the main gate we penetrate in a space that is structured on the basis of a single nave, relatively high compared with the chancel, explaining perhaps at late period of your construction. The coverage of this temple, like almost all Romanesque temples of these dimensions, is wood, but later lined with decorative caissons. Typical element of the Romanesque building the chorus, located in the back of the Church, here, in the Church of s. Romão de Arões, a function more to house the faithful than by statement of architectural culture. It is a chorus little developed. The transition among the ship's body and the body of the chapel makes if crossing the triumphal arch. The headboard, with higher floor and the most noble of the Church, is where you will find decorative crafts. This is divided by two bays with capitals similar to the triumphal arch and typically Romanesque decoration. The cover is performed by a barrel vault, which like the triumphal arch is pretty broken 4. The lighting inside is small, typically Romanesque detail. Daylight enters only by some cracks, all at the same height, rather narrow, like lookouts the buttresses are used as constructive solution, being important in the structure of the building, as are used where it carries greater weight-in the chancel is vaulted. The heavy vaults of the Romanesque churches exerted great pressures. To ensure the soundness of the building were necessary massive columns and walls too thick, in which only could do narrow coverage, situated above compulsory support, which should be strengthened as well from the outside, by powerful buttresses. Laterally, the blind arcades, by your heavy aspect and deep, play also the role of foothills. In the body of the ship the second line of the foothills is the starter, precisely in the same spot where there is a difference in unit. This church suffered, throughout the ages, many works that have been changing their original Romanesque work, which led to the Directorate-General of National buildings and monuments to include it in their works. Was restored, having been removed everything that could in any way belittle or mischaracterize the primitive construction, and reopened to the cult in 1935. This church is part of a set of small churches and rural chapels with solutions very simple and modest architectural decoration that developed in Portugal in the Romanesque period, adapting economic, social conditions and the characteristics of the places where they were built. Today: Arões s. Romão is the parish that limits the municipality of Fafe to the West with the municipality of Guimarães, district of Braga-Minho. Has a territory with 6.6 Km2 of area and solid. It is about 3 km from the city centre of Fafe, which is the nearest town and about 5 km to the city centre of Guimarães. The closest villages are such cities of Guimarães and Fafe. Lies also within 35 km of the capital of the district that is Braga. Has a population of 3258 inhabitants (Census of 2001), currently already exceeds the 4000; approximately of 3000 voters; about of 1500 families; about of 1500 fires. Has today toponymy that covers the entire your territory, but still referred to in many places as Portela, Tower 5, Thursday, Mud, Bouçó, Porinhos, Penedo, Potters, blacksmiths, Pinhoi, Teixeiras, Armpit, Inn, Bou, Prelate, Devesas, Lage, Lameiro, Requeixo, Sub-Walnut. Arões s. Romão is currently a parish industrial textile being predominantly the main sector your, however, in the area of the marbles and the bloqueiras also features a strong increase and also in agriculture, particularly the production of wine, of which stands out the fifth of Derick, who already won several times. It also has a strong component of labour in the area of construction and trade. To your main structuring is EN Route 206 which connects the Guimarães and Fafe is being prepared the draft for IEP for the construction of Arões node to allow access to the 101 and 206/EENN Circular Connection of Guimarães to Variant of Fafe. It has several daily to your careers Liaison Department Fafe Guimaraes, every half hour, from 9:00 until 18:00 hours, and 7 to 9 hours and 18 hours to 20 hours of 3:00 pm 15 ... minutes.
-From 20 hours 24 hours and every hour. At the level of institutions and equipment Arões s. Romão is well served. Features: seat of the Town Hall, with an ATM outside; Health extension, with several doctors, nurses and administrative staff; Pharmacy; Two primary schools; Nursery, kindergarten and TL; Football field; Newsletter; Nursing home with several beds and home care; Several restaurants; Several mini-markets and grocery stores; Several butchers; Many cafés; Textile and other industries; Various carpentry; Bakeries and confectioneries; Construction companies; Various trades; A cab; 6 car repairers and mopeds; Marble workshop. Large Bloqueira; Companies of construction materials; Regional recognized quality sweets; Kiosk;
In addition, Arões s. Romão also has a strong activity in the area with the associative Arões Futebol Clube, the Choir, the Association of pensioners of Arões, the Morris dancers of Arões, youth training centre of Arões, home to Father Valdemar Gonçalves and Hannah music group; It has two churches, two chapels and a cemetery.
Festive level, Arões s. Romão has several festivals of named, such as: the feast of the Lord, on August 15, the feast of St. Anthony, at the last weekend of July, the feast of our Lady of Fatima, in early May. Has a wine labeled-Quinta da Derick. As already mentioned, the ago parish of Arões s. Romão has the Church of Arões, 1237, only National Monument in the municipality of Fafe (view detailed note). Has the House of Arrochela, where pernoitado the Queen d. Maria II, in 1853, the House Coat of Manures, casa do Passal, and still the chapel of Santo Antão and concomitant Via Sacra. Arões s. Romão is a parish which gathers the necessary conditions and meets the legal requirements to be satisfied on your elevation to the village, and this will, of course, to expand your growing development and encourage the installation of the few services and equipment that still lacks. Accordingly, and pursuant to the constitutional provisions and regulations applicable, the subscribers, members of the Parliamentary Group of the Social Democratic Party, present the following draft law: Article unique is elevated to the category of village settlement of Arões s. Romão, located in the municipality of Fafe.
7 Assembly of the Republic, December 23 2005 members of PSD
Search Translated Laws of Portugal