Text 1 (1-50) laws of MALAYSIA Act REPRINTING 596 FUND ACT LABOUR INDIA South (DISSOLUTION) Act 1999 Contains all amendments to 1 January 2006 PUBLISHED by the COMMISSIONER of law revision, UNDER the AUTHORITY of law REVISION ACT 1968 in COLLABORATION with PERCETAKAN NASIONAL MALAYSIA BHD 2006 laws of Malaysia ACT 5962 FUND ACT LABOUR INDIA South (DISSOLUTION) Act 1999 the date of Royal Assent............... August 27, 1999, the date of publication in the Gazette......... 9 September 1999 South Indian Labour Fund (Dissolution) 3 laws of MALAYSIA Act 596 FUND ACT LABOUR INDIA South (DISSOLUTION) Act 1999 ARRANGEMENT of SECTIONS section 1. Short title and commencement 2. Interpretation 3. Abolition and liquidation of 4. The transfer of the powers, rights, etc.
5. Transfer of property 6. Transfer money 7. Existing contracts, etc.
8. payment of allowance, etc.
9. Continuation of civil proceedings 10. Continuation of laws, etc.
11. Prevent difficulties or anomalies laws of Malaysia ACT 5964 South Indian Labour Fund (liquidation) 5 laws of MALAYSIA Act 596 FUND ACT LABOUR INDIA South (DISSOLUTION) Act 1999 an act to abolish the Labour Fund Act 1958, South India to membubarkari Board South Indian Labour Fund and South Indian Labour Fund set up under the Act, and to provide for matters arising from and incidental.
[19 November 1999, P.U. (B) 441/1999]
Enacted by the Parliament of Malaysia as follows: short title and commencement 1. (1) this Act may be cited as the Labour Fund Act India South (Dissolution) Act 1999.
(2) this Act shall come into force on such date as the Minister may, by notification in the Gazette.
Interpretation 2. In this Act, unless the context otherwise requires — "the Government" means the Federal Government;
"Fund" means the Fund of South Indian Labor established under section 6 of the Labour Fund Act 1958 South India [Act 496];
"Board" means the Board of South Indian Labour Fund established under section 3 of the Labour Fund Act 1958 South India;
"Minister" means the Minister charged with the responsibility for human resources;
Laws of Malaysia ACT 5966 "date set" means the date specified by the Minister under section 1.
Abolition and liquidation 3. Labour Fund Act 1958 South India abolished, and the Board and the Fund established under it dissolved.
The transfer of the powers, rights, etc.
4. All the powers, rights, privileges, duties, liabilities and obligations immediately before the specified date is the power, rights, privileges, duties, liabilities and obligations of the Board shall, from the date that, down to the Government.
Transfer of property 5. (1) the land immediately before the specified date are vested in the Board shall, on the date set, vested in the Commissioner of federal lands for the purposes of the Government.
(2) all property and assets other than land immediately before the specified date are vested in the Board or in any person or body acting on his behalf shall at that date vested in the Government.
Transfer money 6. All the money in the Fund or payable to the Board shall, on the date set, transferred to and vested in the Government.
Existing contracts, etc.
7. All deeds, bonds, agreement, instrument and work arrangements that existed immediately before the date stipulated and touching any property or monies moved under section 5 or 6 shall have effect and the full effects of or in favour of the Government and can be applied into fully and effectively as if Government, not the Board or any person or body acting in his stead , has been named in it or has become a party to it.
South Indian Labour Fund (Dissolution) 7 payment of allowance, etc.
8. (1) every South Indian labour which, immediately before the specified date — (a) lived in the old folks home Labour South India; or (b) with the Board, and receive such allowances, remuneration or other financial aid or any other benefits or welfare assistance from the Fund shall, on and after the date specified shall be entitled to receive such allowances, remuneration, financial assistance, welfare assistance or benefits from the Government at rates approved by the Government.
(2) for the purposes of this section, "South Indian labour" means any labor — (a) the tongue is, or native language parent is, Tamil, Telegu, Malayalam, Canarese or Uriya; and (b) being born, or descent from a person born, in South India.
Continuation of the civil proceedings 9. (1) any proceeding or cause of actions pending or existing immediately before the date prescribed by or against the Board or any person or body acting on his behalf may be continued or commenced by or against the Government as the proceedings may be continued or commenced by or against the Board or any person or body if this Act has not been made.
(2) any appeal brought, or any permission to appeal applied, on or after the date set against a decision given before the date specified in any legal proceedings in which the Board or any person or body acting on behalf of a party may be brought by or against the Government as the appeal may be brought by or against the Board if this Act has not been made.
Laws of Malaysia ACT 5968 Continuation law, etc.
10. Subject to this Act, all applicable law, including subsidiary legislation, affecting or for protection of the Board and in force immediately before the date specified shall, until amended or cancelled by the relevant authorities having power to do so, continue to have effect and be construed as if this Act was never made; and any reference in the written law of the Board, unless the context otherwise requires, be construed as a reference to the Government, and expressions that are known as such a reference shall be construed accordingly.
Prevent difficulties or anomalies 11. (1) where any difficulty or anomalies arises in connection with the implementation of this Act, the Minister may by order make such modifications to any of the provisions of this act as it considers necessary to eliminate or prevent difficulties or anomalies that.
(2) the Minister shall exercise the powers conferred by subsection (1) after the expiration of three years from the date specified.
(3) in this section, "modifications" termasukiah amendment, addition, deletion, replacement, adjustment, alteration, variation and disapplication of any of the provisions of this Act.
South Indian Labour Fund (liquidation) 9 laws of MALAYSIA Act 596 FUND ACT LABOUR INDIA South (DISSOLUTION) Act 1999 LIST AMENDMENT law short title force amend from – no – laws of Malaysia ACT 59610 laws of MALAYSIA Act 596 FUND ACT LABOUR INDIA South (DISSOLUTION) Act 1999 LIST SECTION AMENDED Section Power amend with effect from – THERE are –