ACT 569 1Lembaga tiny Pahang Tenggara Development (liquidation) is PUBLISHED by the COMMISSIONER of law revision, UNDER the AUTHORITY of law REVISION ACT 1968 2009 laws of MALAYSIA Act REPRINTING ACT 569 PAHANG TENGGARA DEVELOPMENT AUTHORITY (DISSOLUTION) Order 1997 Containing all amendments to 1 January 2006 2 569Undang ACT laws of Malaysia Act LEMBAGA KEMAJUAN PAHANG TENGGARA (liquidation) 1997 date of Assent............ June 18, 1997, the date of publication in the Gazette......... 30 June 1997 3Lembaga progress of Pahang Tenggara (Dissolution) Act, laws of MALAYSIA ACT 569 of LEMBAGA KEMAJUAN PAHANG TENGGARA (liquidation) 1997 ARRANGEMENT of SECTIONS section 1. Short title 2. Interpretation 3. Abolition and liquidation of 4. The transfer of the powers, rights, etc.
5. Transfer of property 6. Transfer money 7. Existing contracts, etc.
8. Continuation of the criminal proceedings and civil law 9. Continuation of laws, etc.
10. Prevent difficulties or anomalies 4 ACT 569Undang 5Lembaga Progress of Malaysia Pahang Tenggara (Dissolution) Act, laws of MALAYSIA ACT 569 of LEMBAGA KEMAJUAN PAHANG TENGGARA (liquidation) 1997 an act for abolishing the Act of Lembaga Kemajuan Pahang Tenggara 1972, to dissolve the Pahang Tenggara development authority established under the Act, to transfer all of his wealth to the Government and to provide for other matters connected therewith.
[1 November 2000, P.U. (B) 362/2000]
BE IT enacted by the Seri Paduka Baginda Yang di-Pertuan Agong with the advice and consent of the Dewan Negara and Dewan Rakyat in Parliament assembled, and by the authority of the same, as follows: short title and commencement 1. This Act may be cited as the Act of Lembaga Kemajuan Pahang Tenggara (Dissolution) Order 1997 and shall come into force on such date as the Minister may, by notification in the Gazette.
Interpretation 2. In this Act, unless the context otherwise requires — "Board" means the Board of Pahang Tenggara established under Lembaga Kemajuan Pahang Tenggara Act 1972 [Act 68];
"Minister" means the Minister charged with the responsibility for rural development;
6 569Undang of Malaysia ACT "federal lands Commissioner" means the federal lands Commissioner appointed under federal lands Commissioner Act 1957 [Act 349];
"specified date" means the date specified by the Minister under section 1.
Abolition and liquidation 3. Pahang Tenggara Development Authority Act 1972 abolished and the Board established thereunder dissolved.
The transfer of the powers, rights, etc.
4. All the powers, rights, privileges, duties, liabilities and obligations before the prescribed date is the power, rights, privileges, duties, liabilities and obligations of the Board shall, from the date that, down to the Government.
Transfer of property 5. (1) the land immediately before the specified date are vested in the Board shall, on the date set, vested in the Commissioner of the federal lands for the purpose of Government.
(2) all property and assets other than land immediately before the specified date are vested in the Board or any person on his behalf shall, at that date, vested in the Government.
Transfer money 6. All funds on, or payable to, the Board shall at the date specified, are transferred to, and vested in the Government.
7Lembaga progress of Pahang Tenggara (liquidation) existing contracts, etc.
7. All deeds, bonds, agreement, instrument and work arrangements that existed immediately before the date stipulated and touching any property transferred under section 5 shall have effect and full effect in favour of the Government or against and can fully and effectively enforced as if the Government, not the Board or any person acting on his behalf, has been named in it or has become a party to it.
Continuation of the criminal proceedings and civil 8. (1) the repeal of the Act of Lembaga Kemajuan Pahang Tenggara Malaysia 1972 shall not affect the liability of any person prosecuted or sentenced for offences committed under the repealed Act is before the date specified, or any proceedings that have been taken or penalties have been imposed before that date in respect of the offence.
(2) any proceedings (whether civil or criminal) or cause of actions pending or existing, before the date prescribed by or against the Board or any person acting on his behalf may be continued or commenced by or against the Government as it may be continued or commenced by or against the Board or such person as if this Act had never approved.
(3) any appeal brought, or any permission to appeal applied, on or after the date specified, against a decision given before the date specified in any legal proceedings in which the Board became a party can be brought by or against the Government as it can be brought by or against the Board as if this Act had never approved.
Continuation of laws, etc.
9. Subject to this Act, all applicable law, including subsidiary legislation, affecting or for protection of the Board and in force immediately before the date of 8 569Undang laws of Malaysia ACT prescribed shall, until amended or cancelled by the relevant authorities having power to do so, continue to have effect and be construed as if this Act had never approved: provided that any reference in the written law of the Board , unless the context otherwise requires, be construed as a reference to the Government and such a pronunciation known as expressions shall be construed accordingly.
Prevent difficulties or anomalies 10. (1) where any difficulty or anomalies arises in connection with the implementation of this Act, the Minister may by order make such modifications to any of the provisions of this act as it considers necessary to eliminate or prevent difficulties such anomalies: provided that the Minister cannot exercise the powers conferred by this section after the expiration of three years from the date specified.
(2) in this section "modification" includes amendment, addition, deletion, replacement, adjustment, alteration, variation and disapplication of any of the provisions of this Act.
9Lembaga progress of Pahang Tenggara (Dissolution) Act, laws of MALAYSIA ACT 569 of LEMBAGA KEMAJUAN PAHANG TENGGARA (liquidation) 1997 LIST AMENDMENT law short title force amend the from-No-10 569Undang of Malaysia ACT laws of MALAYSIA Act 569 ACT LEMBAGA KEMAJUAN PAHANG TENGGARA (liquidation) 1997 LIST of SECTION AMENDED Section Power amend with effect from-no-PRINTED by PERCETAKAN NASIONAL MALAYSIA BERHAD, KUALA LUMPUR on BEHALF and by ORDER of the GOVERNMENT of MALAYSIA JW515110 17-12-2009