Cabinet of Ministers Regulations No. 93 (. 19, 2. §) Riga 1996 April 4 rules for conformity assessment Issued by the constitutional order laid down in article 81 of the rules I use of terms — the official Accreditation of testing and calibration laboratories and inspection or certification body recognition, determining its competence to perform specific tasks.
Appeal — meaning — this provision repeated the inquiry the Supreme instance.
Evaluation of conformity — any activity directly or indirectly determines that the requirements have been met.
Inspection: the product design stage, product, process or service for compliance with the specific requirements of the evaluation, based on professional judgment, or the main criteria.
Calibration-set of operations which establishes, under certain circumstances, the relationship between the means of measurement, or the size of the measuring system values, measured in material or reference material to existing value and values that replicated the unit of measure from the benchmark.
Competent conformity assessment bodies: the body, the competence of which is evaluated by the accreditation or other equivalent assessment procedures.
Unregulated sphere — manufacturer's voluntary product, process or service conformity assessment.
Empowerment: the testing and calibration laboratories and inspection or certification bodies accreditation at the national level to make a particular product, process and service conformity assessment for regulated sphere.
The regulated sphere, the Government set minimum product, process or service for compliance to human health, life and environmental safety requirements.
Certification — from the manufacturer and consumer of an independent third party that a certain credibility to certify that the product, process or service conforms to specified standards or other normative document.
Testing — the technical activity of one or more of the product, process or service characteristics, in accordance with the methodology.
II. Aim and scope 1. these provisions determine the conformity assessment general principles regulated and non-regulated sphere.
2. The purpose of these provisions is to provide a unified with the European Union and international law harmonised products, processes and services conformity assessment procedures.
3. these rules apply to all enterprises, companies and public authorities, which claim to be the product, process or service conformity assessment, as well as to those involved in the assessment process of testing and calibration laboratories, and certification and accreditation of inspection bodies.
III. Conformity assessment in regulated and non-regulated sphere 4. Conformity assessment for regulated sphere refers to products, processes and services to design, manufacture, market, pirmstirg, operation and reclamation stage if they can cause hazard to human life, health and the environment.
5. The assessment of conformity with the regulated sphere made cabinet authorised competent testing and calibration laboratories and certification and inspection bodies.
6. Pursuant to Cabinet of Ministers defined the distribution of powers between the ministries, as well as in accordance with the law specified safety requirements and conformity assessment mechanism, proposals for hazardous or potentially hazardous products, processes and services, as well as conformity assessment bodies that will be entitled to perform the conformity assessment of the sector concerned, draw up and submit to the cabinet Ministry charged with guaranteeing those requirements.
7. the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in accordance with the European Union, in force on the notification procedure shall notify the European Commission of the notified conformity assessment bodies which are competent and act in accordance with European Union directives in the regulated sphere of conformity assessment.
8. Conformity assessment of non-regulated sphere the competent testing and calibration laboratories and certification and inspection bodies.
IV. The conformity assessment system of 9 conformity assessment in the Republic of Latvia, assuming full responsibility for their actions, perform testing and calibration laboratories and certification and accreditation of inspection bodies.
10. Conformity assessment bodies must satisfy the requirements of the national standard and the competency to be assessed in accordance with the requirements of these standards.
11. the Republic of Latvia in international conformity assessment body organization is entitled to represent the only Cabinet authorised institutions.
V. national accreditation system 12. running the joint international requirements according to national accreditation system with specific accreditation procedures and management principles. National accreditation systems governed by the Cabinet of Ministers regulations.
13. quality system, staff and product certification bodies, inspection bodies and testing and calibration laboratory accreditation made the Latvian National Accreditation Bureau.
Vi. Complaints and appeals complaints and appeal 14 of the conformity assessment activities concerned, examine the economic Ministry, the institution which coordinates the quality policy in the Republic of Latvia. If the applicant is not satisfied with the decision of that institution, the appearance of conflict of laws.
VII. statement of conformity issued abroad recognition 15. proof of foreign conformity assessment and approvals to the Republic of Latvia is officially recognised, if between Latvia and the country in question there is mutual agreement on recognition of conformity assessment systems.
16. If between Latvia and the countries concerned, there is no mutual agreement on the conformity assessment system for the recognition of a decision on the conformity of documents issued abroad recognition of regulated sphere takes the relevant competent authorities and/or authorized, which is legally responsible for the correctness of its decision.
17. in the Republic of Latvia the foreign list of conformity assessment bodies and is responsible for the updating of the economic Ministry.
The Prime Minister A. Economic Minister slice g. shore