The Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Latvia, 1999 February 9. Regulation No. 45 (in Riga. Nr. 9, § 28) procedures are implemented in the Latvian membership in the World Trade Organization Issued in accordance with the law "on international treaties of the Republic of Latvia" of article 12 i. General questions 1. these provisions shall determine the arrangements for the participation of Latvia in the implementation of the World Trade Organisation.
2. to implement the Latvian membership in the World Trade Organization, the Advisory Council is created (further-Council).
3. Protocol on the accession of Latvia to the Marrakesh Agreement establishing the World Trade Organisation obligations and some World Trade Organization treaties to ensure fulfilment of the obligations of the responsible Ministry in accordance with the provisions of this annex.
II. activities of the Council of permanent representatives of the work Council nominated the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the Ministry of economy, Ministry of finance, the Ministry of culture, Ministry of welfare, the Ministry of transport, Ministry of Justice, the protection of the environment and the Ministry of regional development and the Ministry of agriculture.
5. the composition of the Council is approved by the Minister for Foreign Affairs after consulting the Minister of economics.
6. the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Latvia's position supports the expression of opinions to the World Trade Organization and its Member States, as well as in cooperation with the Ministry of the economy and, if necessary, call upon the other responsible Ministry experts, supports negotiating in the World Trade Organization multilateral and bilateral negotiations.
7. the representative of Latvia to the World Trade Organization or the authorized person of the Council participates in the World Trade Organization Committee and working party meetings and express the Council accepted the position of Latvia on matters under consideration.
8. the Council is responsible for its own work of the Minister of Foreign Affairs and Minister of the economy.
9. The President of the Council is the State Secretary, Ministry of Foreign Affairs or his authorised person, co-chair-economic State Secretary of the Ministry or his authorised person.
10. The work of the Council organises the Secretariat, which is created at the Ministry of the economy and the ongoing work of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs also authorized representatives. Secretariat: 10.1 the Council monitors implementation of decisions taken and to coordinate cooperation between the ministries responsible within the Council;
10.2. maintenance of a member of the World Trade Organization submitted questions, requests for consultation with a member of the World Trade Organization and coordinates the preparation and submission of the replies to the Secretariat of the World Trade Organization, with the Mission of Latvia to the World Trade Organization in Geneva.
11. the Council regular session of going after the President of the Council or on the proposal of the co-Chairman, but not less frequently than once every three months. After the members of the Council (members) of the proposal by the President of the Council may convene an extraordinary meeting of the Council.
12. the current session of the Secretariat of the Council shall notify the members of the Council not later than one week before the meeting. The extraordinary meeting of the Council, the Secretariat shall notify the members of the Council no later than two working days before the meeting.
13. the meeting of the Council chaired by the President of the Council or his authorised person. Sessions of the Council with the consent of all the members of the Board as observers with the right to participate in the Advisory Business (companies) or non-governmental organisations authorised representatives.
14. Board meetings for each of the provisions referred to in paragraph 4, the Department shall have one vote.
15. the decisions of the Council with the members of the Council present a simple majority, a vote. If the votes are divided into equal, casting is the President of the Council or his authorized person's voice.
16. the Council are valid if is represented at the relevant meeting at least half of the rules referred to in paragraph 4, the ministries and the issue involving the responsible Ministry spokesman.
17. The Council supports the Secretariat of the recording. The minutes shall be signed by the President of the Council or his authorised person.
18. The work of the Council and the Commission provide space for meetings of the Council show the Ministry of Foreign Affairs or the Ministry of the economy.
III. The functions of the Council 19. The Council has the following functions: 19.1. consider the proposals of the members of the Council on the participation of Latvia in the implementation of the World Trade Organization and ask the responsible ministries to develop a position of Latvia (mandate) project on issues related to the World Trade Organization;
19.2. to hear and determine in order to submit for approval to the Cabinet of Ministers of Latvia the Ministry responsible for the formulation of the position of the (mandate) projects related to the World Trade Organization;
19.3. If necessary, provide an estimate for the draft legislation and international treaty project compliance with Latvia's obligations to the World Trade Organization, as well as to examine other world trade organisation issues.
IV. rights of the Council of 20. The Council has the following rights: 20.1. in matters within their competence, to request and receive from State and local authorities, enterprises (companies) and public organizations the information necessary for its operation, if the information in question does not contain business secrets;
20.2. to cooperate with the media;
20.3. examine any World Trade Organization-related matters and, where appropriate, sessions of the Council call upon consultants-officials concerned specialists or public organisations.
V. concluding questions 21. If necessary, the Ministry or under the authority of existing institutions are expected to post or-according to the specificities of the sector-the Department is created in cooperation with the World Trade Organization.
22. the Ministry responsible for a particular order are entitled to designate a representative to work with the permanent representation of the Republic of Latvia in the World Trade Organization in Geneva.
23. sector attachés after coordination with the Latvian Representative to the World Trade Organization is participating in the World Trade Organization Committee and working group meetings.
Prime Minister v. krištopans-Minister of Foreign Affairs, the Minister of finance i. Godmanis annex Cabinet 9 February 1999 the Regulation No 45 of the Protocol on the accession of Latvia to the Marrakesh Agreement establishing the World Trade Organisation obligations and some World Trade Organization agreements, the obligations for the enforcement of no agreement of the world trade organization responsible Ministry p.k.
institution/work group. Of the final act and 1 2 3 4 1 Ministerial Conference in Marrakesh Agreement, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the General Council of the World Trade Department of foreign trade and development of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Organization Committee of the Ministry of economy, the Ministry of environmental protection, Welfare and regional development Ministry 2. Agreement on the Committee of Agriculture Ministry of agriculture agriculture 3. Agreement on the application of sanitary and phytosanitary health and Ministry of agriculture phytosanitary measures Committee of the application of the measure 4. Agreement on textiles in the Ministry of economy of the textile monitoring body and clothing 5. Agreement on technical
Technical trade barriers, the Ministry of Economy trade barrier Committee of protection of the environment and regional development Ministry Ministry of agriculture 6. Agreement on the Investment Committee of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs trade measures relating to investment related trade (THANKS) (THANKS to Committee) 7. Agreement on anti-dumping practices of GATT 1994 by the Ministry of economy, the application of article VI (anti-dumping agreement) 8. The agreement on the customs value of the GATT 1994, the Ministry of Finance (VII) application of article identification Committee (customs valuation) 9. Contract for the pirmsn-Ministry of finance, pre-shipment inspection Inspection Committee sending 10.
The agreement on rules of origin of the originating Committee Ministry of finance regulations 11. Agreement on import Import Licensing Committee of the Ministry of economy, Ministry of Finance of licensing of the Ministry of agriculture 12. The agreement on subsidies and countervailing of subsidies of the Ministry of economy and Finance of the anti-subsidy measures Committee measures the Ministry of Ministry of agriculture 13. Treaty on the internal market and the protection of the internal market of the Ministry of economy measures, measures for the protection of the Committee on Trade Agreement 14. The Council for trade in services with the Ministry of economy, Ministry of Finance Services (GATS), the Ministry of welfare, the Ministry of environmental protection and regional development Ministry
15. the agreement on trade, with the Trade Council of the Ministry of Justice associated with intellectual associated intellectual property rights, the Ministry of Culture of the Ministry of the Interior of property matters (TRIPS Agreement) (TRIPS Council) of the protection of the environment and regional development Ministry 16. Agreement on the dispute settlement body of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs rules and procedures (DSB) in a fixed 17. settlement of disputes trade policy trade policy of the Ministry of economy of the monitoring mechanism of the monitoring body of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (TPRM) 18.
The agreement on the Trade Committee of the Ministry of transport to trade in civil aircraft with civil aircraft 19. Gatt 1994 the Council for trade in goods of the Ministry of economy, the Ministry of Finance of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, environment and regional development Ministry of State Contract 20 Public Finance Ministry order, the Committee for environmental protection and regional development, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs-Minister of finance i. Godmanis