Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/87991
Cabinet of Ministers Regulations No. 341 of 2004 in Riga 20 April (pr. No 23, 36) amendments to the Cabinet of Ministers of 13 March 2001 on regulations No 119 "mother's milk substitute composed of minimum safety requirements and their labelling and advertising requirements issued under the food surveillance law article 4, second and third subparagraphs, and article 13 of the third to make the Cabinet of Ministers of 13 March 2001 on regulations No 119" mother's milk substitute composed of minimum safety requirements and their labelling and advertising requirements "(Latvian journal , 2001, nr. 43; 2003, no. 21) the following amendments: 1. Replace the text, the words "milk" (the number and fold) with the word "mixture" (the number and fold).
2. Express 3.1. and 3.2. subparagraph by the following: "3.1 mixes, which fully satisfies the nutritional requirements of infants up to six months of age (infant formulae for the first four to six months of age);
3.2. mixtures for infants from the age of four months and contains the main part of the necessary nutrients by infants. "
3. Add to paragraph 8 after the words "mg/kg" with the words "excluding this provision. the pesticides listed in annex 7."
4. Supplement with 8.1, 8.2 and 8.3 points by the following: ' 8. These provisions 8.1 the pesticides listed in annex shall be prohibited to use agricultural products, where these products are used in the production of breast milk substitutes. Recognized that the pesticide is not used if: this provision 8.8.11. table 1 of the annex referred to in certain pesticide residues do not exceed the analytical methods for the quantification of 0.003 mg/kg;
8.12. This provision of the annex 8 in table 2 that certain pesticide residues do not exceed 0.003 mg/kg.
8.2 these terms referred to in annex 7 of pesticide residues do not exceed the maximum laid down in this annex for pesticide residue levels.
8.3 these terms 8, 8.1 and 8.2 above the maximum levels of pesticide residues laid down in products as consumed. "
5. Replace paragraphs 12 and 13, the words "until four months of age" with the words "the first four to six months of age".
6. Delete paragraph 15.3.
7. Express 16. the last sentence of paragraph by the following: "" adapted "for use only under the terms of annex 5, paragraph 1."
8. Deleted 20.1. section.
9. Express 26 the following: "26. Producers and distributors shall ensure that the provisions referred to in point 3.1. of the mix of advertising contains information about the use of compound social and financial consequences for infant health risk due to inappropriate food or incorrectly feeding methods, including inappropriate use of the mixture. Ads banned include pictures which may idealize the use of the compound. Advertising is allowed to include the name of the manufacturer or the Distributor or brand, but you are not allowed to include in this provision the products referred to in point 3.1., mark, and is distributed only in the hospital with the hospital's consent. "
10. Add to chapter IV with 26.1, 26.2 and 26.3 points as follows: "The provisions of paragraph 26 26.1 of these ads, except that rule 22, paragraph, distribution only if you received the Latvian food centre's written confirmation of the compliance with the rules and regulations of food regulatory requirements which determine the distribution and labelling requirements. Ad evaluation of the Latvian food centre may invite experts. The Latvian food centre within 30 days of approval or refusal to approve the advertising incentive.
the fee for this rule 26.2 26.1 points in the promotional screening are $79.13 (not including VAT).
16.3 these terms 3.1. products referred to in point allowed to supply in the form of donations or sell at reduced prices the State social care institutions only infant feeding, which they need, and only for as long as necessary. "
11. To supplement the provisions of the following paragraph 28: "28. These regulations 8.1 and 8.2 points shall enter into force by 6 March 2005."
12. Replace the heading of annex 1, the words "(up to four months of age)" with the words "(the first four to six months of age)".
13. To complement annex 3 with the following point 3.7.1: "3.6.1 L-lysine and its hydrochloride".
14. Replace annex 4, point 1.1 and 2.1, the words "until four months of age" with the words "the first four to six months of age".
15. Replace the title of annex 5, the words "(up to four months of age)" with the words "(the first four to six months of age)".
16. Replace paragraph 1 of annex 5, the word "custom" with the word "adapted".
17. To supplement the provisions of annex 7 with the following: "7. the annex to Cabinet of Ministers of 13 March 2001 Regulation No. 119 of maximum levels for Pesticide residues in breast milk substitutes no PO box
Pesticide (pesticide metabolites) name maximum residue limits (mg/kg) 1.
2. Kadusafos of 0.006
Demeton-S-methyl/demeton-S-methyl sulfone/oxydemeton (individually or in combination expressed as demeton-S-methyl) 0.006 3.
For ethoprophos 0.008 4.
Fipronil (sum of fipronil and fipronildesulfinil, expressed as fipronil) 0.004 5.
Propineb/propilēntiourīnviel (sum of propineb and propilēntiourīnviel) 0.006 ".
18. To supplement the provisions of Annex 8 with the following: "8. the annex to Cabinet of Ministers of 13 March 2001 Regulation No. 119 of pesticides which are prohibited to use agricultural products, where these products are used in the production of breast milk substitutes and their residues No. p.k. table 1.
The name of the pesticide (pesticide residues) 1.
Disulfoton (sum of disulfoton, disulfoton sulfoxide and disulfoton sulfone expressed as disulfoton) 2.
Fensulfothion (fensulfotion, fensulfotion and fensulfotion the oxygen analogue sulphone, expressed as fensulfothion) 3.
Fentin, expressed as trifeniltinkatjon 4.
Haloxyfop (haloksifop, its salts and esters including conjugates, expressed as Haloxyfop) 5.
Heptachlor and TRANS-heptahlorepoksīd, expressed as heptachlor 6.
Terbufos (terbufos, its sulfoxide and sulfone, expressed as terbufos) table 2 no PO box
Pesticide name 1.
Aldrin and dieldrin, expressed as dieldrin 2.
Prime Minister i. Emsis Health Minister r. Muciņš
Search Translated Laws of Latvia