Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/87977
Cabinet of Ministers Regulations No 310 in 2004 (April 15. No 22, § 12.) amendments to the Cabinet of Ministers of 17 March 1998 regulations No. 89 "rules of hygiene and freshness and size criteria for the production of fishery products and the quotation market" Issued under the food surveillance law article 8 and article 13 of the third to make the Cabinet of Ministers of 17 March 1998 regulations No. 89 "rules of hygiene and freshness and size criteria for the production of fishery products and the quotation market" (Latvian journal 73., 1998,/74.nr.; 1999, 210./212.nr.) the following amendments: 1. Express 1.8. subparagraph by the following: "1.8. auction and wholesale markets, a food company that fishery products offered for sale and sold to buyers;".
2. Make the following point 1.12: "1.12. offer market-fishing holding products or placing for sale, offering for sale, selling, delivering or any other form of placing on the market, with the exception of direct sales, when a fisherman sells a small amount of fishing products (the volume of fisheries products, which fixed the contract price does not exceed 12 lat) directly to the consumer or retail business in the same locality;".
3. paragraph 2 shall be expressed as follows: "2. the provisions determined by the requirements of hygiene and freshness and size criteria for obtaining the fishery products, production and supply on the market for human consumption."
4. Express 4 by the following: "4. the fishery products food related businesses (fishing vessel) and fishing products and food processing enterprises (processing), processing companies, auction and wholesale markets are subject to the food and veterinary service (hereinafter service) surveillance and control. Service according to the competency performs the following functions: 4.1 without notice visit with fishing products related food businesses (fishing vessels) and fishing products and food processing enterprises (processing vessels) their location within the port, as well as processing companies, auction and wholesale markets, examine the circulation of fishery products and take measures to ensure the circulation of fishery products public supervision and control;
4.2. the legislation on the distribution of food unfit for further use or destruction shall be in accordance with the procedure laid down and eliminates the human health and life or dangerous for the environment and the spread of illegal fisheries products;
4.3. the issue of health and veterinary certificates;
4.4. in accordance with the requirements of the laws and the food business and registration procedures of recognition recorded with fishing products related food businesses (fishing vessel), as well as auction sites and wholesale operations;
4.5. in accordance with the requirements of the laws and the food business for recognition and registration procedures recognised by the fishing products and related food companies (processing) activities, as well as a processing plant;
4.6. in the fisheries products related food businesses (fishing vessel) and fishing products and related food companies (processing), processing companies, and wholesale auction site lists and send them to interested institutions;
4.7 check fresh and frozen fishery products and determine their freshness and size category. "
5. Make paragraph 5 by the following: "5. the fishery products processing and related food companies (processing) and processing companies indicates recognition of the licence number on the label of the finished product and the mandatory receipt-invoice, starting with the day when the recognition of a certificate issued."
6. Replace paragraph 6, the words "competent bodies" with the word "service".
7. Make points 7 and 8 of the following: "7. the refusal to register with the fishing products in food related business (fishing vessel), a wholesale market or auction site activities or treat with fishing products and food processing company (factory ship) and a processing plant may be appealed in court.
8. the proposed fishing products on the market are processed in accordance with these rules and regulations about quality and minimum safety requirements in the food chain. The production of fishery products used only in Latvia authorised food additives for the finished product should not exceed regulations on pollution given quantity. "
8. Express section 11.3.4. the following wording: "If a fishing products 11.3.4. freshness criteria are questionable, total volatile basic nitrogen (TVB-N);".
9. Replace paragraph 11.4.2., the words "relevant regulations and technical documents" with the words "regulations on food contamination".
10. Express section 11.4.3. the following wording: "11.4.3. fishery products processing company fresh and frozen fishery products microbiological indicators adopted for each of the processing of the fishery products and finished products for the species shall be laid down in accordance with the company's system of self checking out the recurrence, as well as in cases where the fresh or frozen fishery products processing, found increased microbiological pollution."
11. To supplement the provisions under section 11.4.4. the following wording: "take the canned sterilized 11.4.4. incubation test that the tins seven days 37 ° C or 35 ° C day;".
12. paragraph 12 of the following expression: ' 12. Processing undertakings shall check the quality of drinking water, by sampling water points of use, laws and regulations on water safety and minimum quality requirements. "
13. Make a point 15 as follows: "15. tanks and storage tanks is designed so as to avoid contamination of fishery products with the sewage, smoke, fuel, lubricants and other undesirable substances and ensure the ice melt water discharge from fishing products (except in the case of fisheries products shall be stored in containers of water and ice mixture). Tanks and tank surface comes into contact with fishery products are covered with a waterproof, corrosion resistant, non-toxic, washable and disinfect materials. "
14. Replace paragraph 23 first sentence, the words "legislative and technical documents" with the words "regulations on water minimum safety and quality".
15. Express 44 the following: "44. handling of company offices, a mechanical workshop, equipment and spare parts warehouse, garage, sewage treatment equipment and products for non-food production on the shop floor is separate from food premises. Washing and packing material inventory can be directly connected to the production premises. Processing of fisheries products is prohibited on the premises to produce other types of production. "
16. Delete 46.2.4..
17. Replace subparagraph 46.4.1., the word "brilliant" with the words "water resistant".
18. Make the following introductory paragraph 55:55. "to ensure that 79.1. fishery products in point temperature, processing company running ice making facility or company bought ice. Ice manufacture comply with the following conditions: ".
19. Replace paragraph 57, the words "regulations technical documents" with the words "the law".
20. Delete paragraph 59.
21. paragraph 66 deleted the word "compound".
22. Replace the words "in paragraph 69 of feed meal" with the words "not food production".
23. the express section 70.3. by the following: "70.3. accordingly marked the required maintenance equipment, as well as the food industry allowed for washing and disinfecting products."
24. Replace the words "in paragraph 77.3. quality control manager" with the words "the person responsible for quality".
25. replace the words "in 79.1 is lower than 10 ° C" by "no higher than 10 ° C".
26. Express section 81.2. by the following: "fishing filēj 81.2. products not less frequently than once every two hours to wash and disinfect their cutting knives, trays, tables, and gloves;".
27. Express 52.3. subparagraph by the following: "smoking on the premises of 52.3. stored fuels. Fuel material must not contaminate fishery products; ".
28. Replace paragraph 86 prefaced the word "culinary" with the word "mazkonservēt".
29. Replace 89.3. in the number "15" with the number "30".
30. Add to 89.4. subparagraph after the word "box" with the words "no later than an hour".
31. To delete the words in subparagraph 89.5. "with a free chlorine residual of 0.5 mg/l".
32. To complement the 55.7. section behind the words "operations" with the words "and sterilization temperature must be recorded, as well as automatic and manual measurement".
33. To supplement the chapter VIII with 98.1 98.2 98.3 points, and by the following: "98.1 the fishing product labelling and/or on the label indicates the species English name (products intended for export, the name in English). If the manufacturer wants, you can also specify the Latin name in accordance with the provisions of annex 4.
98.2 fishing product labelling or the accompanying documents of goods in one place the oval frame specifies the following information:
1. the word "98.2 Latvia" or the abbreviation "of Latvia LV ';
2. fishery products 98.2 mining and processing company in food (processing Board) recognition ID or with fishing products and processing the food business (fishing vessel), a wholesale market or auction service specific registration number;
3. abbreviation of 98.2 EC (European Community).
98.1 98.2 98.3 The provisions and requirements laid down in paragraph 1 apply to those fishery products obtained from species referred to in annex 4. This rule 98.1 and 98.2 above requirements do not apply to small quantities of fishery products, which the fishermen or aquaculture producers sell directly to consumers. "
34. The deletion of the words in subparagraph 99.3. "according to the documents, regulations and technical requirements".
35. the express section 100.1. the following wording: "100.1. warehouses ensure the temperature above 0 ° c, but no higher than 25 ° c and a relative humidity of 75% — not above;"
36. Delete 100.3. section.
37. Delete 101.2. section.
38.115 points to express the following: "115. Locker room, ensure that the clothing and everyday clothes are placed in the individual. The company will provide clothes washing. "
39. Replace 120, the word "officer" with the word "person".
40. Delete 123.11. section.
41. Delete paragraph 126.
42. To supplement the rules with 127, 128 and 129.. point as follows: "127. Until 1 January 2005 the company, which with the Treaty between the Kingdom of Belgium, the Kingdom of Denmark, the Federal Republic of Germany, the Hellenic Republic, the Kingdom of Spain, the French Republic, Ireland, the Italian Republic, the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg, the Netherlands, the Republic of Austria, the Portuguese Republic, the Republic of Finland, the Kingdom of Sweden, the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland (Member States of the European Union) and the Czech Republic , The Republic of Estonia, the Republic of Cyprus, the Republic of Latvia, the Republic of Lithuania, the Republic of Hungary, the Republic of Malta, the Republic of Poland, the Republic of Slovenia, the Slovak Republic, the Czech Republic, the Republic of Estonia, the Republic of Cyprus, the Republic of Latvia, the Republic of Lithuania, the Republic of Hungary, the Republic of Malta, the Republic of Poland, the Republic of Slovenia and the Slovak Republic to the European Union granted a transitional period for certain provisions for the implementation of these requirements, product labelling or the accompanying documents of goods presented in a rectangular frame type indicates the name of the country of Latvia or its abbreviation and the food and veterinary service of the fishing product processing enterprise registration number.
128. These rules 98.2 and 127 3. paragraph shall enter into force on 1 May 2004.
129. the 98.3 points and 1, 2, and 5. the annex shall cease to be in force by 1 May 2004. "
43. To supplement the rules with the informative reference to European Union directives as follows: "Informative reference to European Union directives, the regulations include provisions resulting from Directive 91/493/EEC."
Search Translated Laws of Latvia