Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/88936
Cabinet of Ministers Regulations No. 486, Riga, 18 May 2004 (pr. No 29, § 29) the order in which protocols administrative infringement form-notice of the stopping and parking of vehicles regulations Issued under the Road Traffic Act article 43.2 first and third part i. General provisions 1 the questions determines: 1.1. procedures for officials dealing with administrative violations for vehicles stopping and parking offences, without the presence of the driver make up the administrative violations of the Protocol, a statement on stopping and parking of vehicles regulations (hereinafter referred to as Protocol-communication);
1.2. the Protocol – the form and content of the notice;
1.3. the order in which the owner of the vehicle sends information about unpaid fines;
1.4. the fine collection and control procedures.
II. Protocol-design a notification Protocol No 2 – communication is a mandatory document, and it is a typographical numbered with the road traffic safety Directorate established a two-digit number, 6-digit serial number and a check digit for the seventh count.
3. If the vehicle stops or parking violations found without the presence of the driver, the officer draws up a Protocol, a statement (annex 1), showing the following information: 3.1.-communication protocol for dial date;
3.2. institutions where officials started fine, and Protocol – notification Dialer, first and last name;
3.3. the finding of the infringement, the date and time;
3.4. the infringement of the site (such as a city or other locality name, address);
3.5. vehicle make and State registration number;
3.6. the violation of road traffic regulations;
3.7. the decision on the imposition of fines and the amount of the fine;
3.8. the date for payment of the fine;
3.9. the payment task properties and institutions that might pay the fine;
3.10. procedures for appeals against decisions taken;
3.11. information of the consequences there, if the fine is not paid.
4. Protocol, a statement presented in two copies. Protocol, a statement signed by the officer who made the decision on the imposition of the fine. One copy of the Protocol, a statement shall be secured to the vehicle's front windshield driver side or on a motorcycle, tricycle or quadricycle fuel tank so that it will not be lost or damaged due to bad weather and the driver should be easy to spot. The second Protocol – keep a copy of the notice of institution officials made a decision on the imposition of the fine.
5. If it is established at the time when the vehicle stops or parking violations, the driver arrives at the place of the offence, the imposition of the fine did not change: – communication protocol is drawn up, and the place of the infringement fines shall not be collected.
III. The fine collection and control procedures 6. the fine Imposed due to the Latvian Code of administrative offences the time limit specified.
7. the driver or vehicle owner (possessor, holder), to whose name a vehicle is registered, pay the fine specified in the bank account of the municipality budget or the applicable road safety Directorate of the Department of the Treasury. The funds, obtained upon receipt of payment of the fine imposed on it, the road traffic safety Directorate includes three working days the bank specified by the municipal budget account, not including them in your billing account.
8. within 10 days after the capture of the alleged infringement by the institution, where officials imposed the fine, the driver of the vehicle and entered in the national register, the following information: 8.1. vehicle registration number in the country, a foreign country, a vehicle registered mark;
8.2. the institution that officials started fine, and originator of the Protocol, first and last name;
8.3. the infringement of the site (such as a city or other locality name, address), date and time;
8.4. the protocol number;
8.5. the amount of the fine.
9. to the vehicle and the driver entered in the national register that information referred to in point 8, the local authority which authorised institutions (officials) to control the stopping and parking of vehicles in compliance with the provisions of the road traffic safety Directorate of cooperation agreement on the exchange of information. The conclusion of the said agreement is a necessary condition for the application of these rules.
10. If the fine is not paid to the Latvian Code of administrative offences the time limit expires, the vehicle owner (holder, holder), to whose name a vehicle is registered, send a notice of unpaid fines (annex 2). The notification shall specify the following: 10.1 the institution whose officials started fine;
10.2. vehicle make and State registration number;
10.3. the vehicle owner (possessor, bearer's) data;
10.4. the infringement of the site (such as a city or other locality name, address), date and time;
10.5 – communication protocol number;
10.6. the unpaid fines;
10.7. the payment task properties and institutions that might pay the fine;
10.8. the information of the consequences has occurred because the fine is not paid within the time limit prescribed by law.
11. If the fine imposed is not paid to the Latvian Code of administrative offences the time limit expires, the driver of the vehicle and shall mark in the national register on the following activities shall be prohibited until the payment of the fine (hereinafter the ban tag): 11.1. carry out the technical inspection of the vehicle with which the offence was committed, and to register their vehicles and head of the national registry;
11.2. to leave Latvia with vehicle with which the offence was committed and which is registered in foreign countries.
12. The notice of unpaid fines send the vehicle owner (holder, holder) provides Road Safety Directorate according to the rules referred to in paragraph 9 of the cooperation agreement.
13. the notice of unpaid fines are prepared electronically and valid without the signature of the official.
14. Prohibition of vehicle and driver mark in the national register on delete in the following order:
14.1. Delete automatically after fine paid institution empowered to levy fines;
14.2. delete officer who hears complaints about administrative penalties applied if it is repealed, the decision on the imposition of a fine;
8.9. deleting official handling the dispute about payment of the fine, fine-if presented for payment card.
15. the institution of which the officer applied the administrative fine, the dispute about payment of fines dealt with on the basis of the Protocol drawn up – communication, information, vehicle and driver in the national register and pay the fine indicated in the supporting documents.
16. If you pay the fine, you make a mistake, the amount of the fine paid shall be reimbursed from the municipal budget. To recover this amount, the person in the institution, which the officer applied the administrative fine shall be submitted to the relevant application accompanied by payment of the fine card.
17. information on the vehicle registered outstanding fines are publicly available.
IV. final question 18. Regulations shall enter into force by 1 July 2004.
Prime Minister i. Emsis traffic acting Ministers: Deputy Prime Minister a. shlesers Editorial Note: regulations shall enter into force by 1 July 2004.
Search Translated Laws of Latvia