Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/90880
Cabinet of Ministers Regulations No 577 Riga 6 July 2004 (pr. No 41, § 11) State agencies "for the development of vocational training agency" Regulations Issued under the public law agency 8. the third paragraph of article i. General questions 1. Government agency "for the development of vocational training agency" (hereinafter referred to as the Agency) is the Ministry of education and science in the supervision of the national authorities.
2. the Agency is created to promote education, training and scientific development and policy implementation, perform its functions by the European Social Fund implementation projects funded and to ensure the European Union program, pirmsstrukturāl, structural, and other financial instruments, programmes, projects and initiatives.
II. Agency functions, tasks and responsibilities 3. the Agency shall have the following functions: coordinate, drive 3.1, implement and monitor education, continuing education and scientific development programmes and projects, as well as their quality control;
3.2. the European Community education programmes Leonardo da Vinci actions in Latvia;
3.3. ensuring the participation of Latvia in the European Community's inter-State national vocational guidance resource centres network;
3.4. to implement the education and lifelong learning programmes and projects according to the contracts concluded between the Agency and the Latvian, European Union and other institutions;
3.5. perform second level intermediate features of the European Social Fund implementation projects funded.
4. the functions of the Agency shall undertake the following tasks: 4.1 determine the programme and project work tasks, plans and organizes the execution of programmes and projects;
4.2. the European Social Fund funded project implementation, monitoring, control and data collection;
4.3. shall cooperate with the European Union and other relevant institutions for the exchange of experience and information, professional education, continuing education and lifelong learning programme and project development and implementation;
4.4. According to the contracts concluded between the Agency and the Latvian or the institutions of the Union, plans, implements and manages programs and projects associated with the development of professional orientation, and provide the necessary support to them;
4.5. education creates and maintains a database for the exchange of information and cooperation in the international information networks according to the contracts concluded with the European Commission;
4.6. programmes and projects will be the selection of the participants and staff and shall issue the invitations to ensure objectives are met;
4.7. announcing and organizing design contests;
4.8. provide information and advice to projects and programs to stakeholders;
4.9. shall conclude agreements with the Republic of Latvia, the European Commission and other national institutions;
4.10. contracts with financial assistance and the beneficiaries of the project implementation;
4.11. manages and administers the programmes and projects, ensure the control and evaluate results;
4.12. signing contracts for supplies and services;
4.13. in programme and project management, technical and financial management.
5. in order to ensure the function and tasks, the Agency shall: 5.1. cooperating with the European Commission departments and officials, public administrations, legal and natural persons;
5.2. at the close of a private business to facilitate the Agency's activities.
6. the provisions of paragraph 3, the Agency of these functions is carried out in accordance with the Minister of education and Science approved the medium-term actions and development strategy, and in accordance with the conclusion of management contracts.
7. the Agency shall have the following rights: 7.1. to request and receive from State and local government institutions, as well as the laws and regulations in the order of natural and legal persons of the agencies function information required;
7.2. the charge for public services provided by the Agency;
7.3. to accept donations and donations.
III. Agency governance 8. The Agency shall be headed by a Director. The Agency's Director shall make public administration facilities Act direct authorities managerial functions. The Director of the Agency's responsibilities are defined in the law, public agencies, the Agency's management contract and labour contract. The Director recruiting and dismissal of Minister of education and science.
9. the Director of the Agency can be alternates. Deputy Director of the Agency shall be appointed and removed from Office, as well as their powers and responsibilities determined by the Director of the Agency.
10. the Agency's activities shall be the Minister of education and Science Ministry appointed civil servant. These executive agencies under public statutory officers of the competence monitor the activities of the Agency and shall inform the Minister of education and science.
IV. the Agency's financial resources and assets 11. The Agency's financial resources in the national budget allocation from general revenue, revenue, revenue from paid services rendered by the Agency, foreign financial assistance, the European Union's structural funds and other funds, donations and gifts.
12. the legal relations with natural and legal persons is the responsibility of the Agency with its State owned property. The agency they owned property may be forfeited to the laws only.
13. the law on the Agency's budget and financial management in the order with the permission of the Minister of Finance has the right to take loans and to enter into leasing contracts. Prior authorization of the Minister of finance transactions that the documentation prepared by the Agency in line with the Minister of education and science.
V. activities of the Agency in ensuring the rule of law and the reporting arrangements 14. Agency staff decisions and actual action may be challenged, submitting the application the Agency Director.
15. The Director of the Agency to succeed administrative provisions and actual action may be challenged in the Ministry of education and science. The Ministry of education and science of the decision may be appealed in court.
16. the report of the Agency's functions and the use of agency management in accordance with the procedure laid down in the Treaty and within the time limit.
Prime Minister i. Emsis education and Science Minister j. Radzevič Editorial Note: rules shall enter into force on July 9, 2004.
Search Translated Laws of Latvia