Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/91145
Cabinet of Ministers Regulations No. 582 Riga 6 July 2004 (pr. No 41, § 18) rules on health checks for drivers and people who want to get the qualifications of drivers, as well as early testing of health expenditure in the order Issued pursuant to the Highway Traffic Act article 22, third paragraph, article 18.7 and the first and second part 1. General questions 1. determines: 1.1. procedures carried out health checks for drivers and people who want to get a driver's training as well as the early driving health check;
1.2. the cases and the order in which the driver is sent to health early, as well as the persons entitled to send the driver on that examination;
1.3. the order in which the drivers of health covers the early costs of the inspection;
1.4. the procedures for withdrawing driving rights for persons who have a medical pretindikācij of driving.
2. the provisions do not apply to bicycle and moped drivers.
2. Procedure for conducting health checks for drivers and people who want to get a driving qualification 2.1. General questions 3. Health first, current and early testing aims to assess the driving or the State of health of the person wishing to obtain a driver's qualifications (hereinafter the applicant), and to determine whether the vehicle operator or applicant not mentioned in annex 1 of the rules of medical pretindikācij for the driving of vehicles.
4. Health check found the driver or the applicant's compliance with the State of health of the relevant category of vehicle reference or acknowledge a medical opinion on medical pretindikācij of the vehicle (hereinafter opinion).
5. Medical reference is a mandatory document (annex 2). Medical reference driver or applicant shall be issued, if the health check found no medical pretindikācij of driving. Medical reference is valid until the specified date or new medical reference or an opinion in accordance with the procedure laid down in these provisions.
6. the opinion (annex 3) the driver shall be issued to the applicant, or if the health check has found medical pretindikācij of driving.
7. periodicity of routine health checks as follows: 7.1 A, B A1, B1, and drivers of vehicles of categories, as well as the technical and other self-propelled machinery for drivers — 10 years, persons at the age of 60 years, three years;
7.2. C1, C, D1, D, C1, CE, d1e and DE drivers, as well as the tram and trolley bus drivers — five years after the age of 60 years, three years.
8. the rules referred to in paragraph 11 of the family doctor or a doctor, or the Commission, rule 16.1. referred to a specialized medical board, setting the current time of the health check, the rules set out in section 7 of the health checks can reduce the recurrence of the reasons (for example, there are certain predictable outbreaks of disease, the deterioration of health status), but it may not be less than a year.
9. Reinstall the driver or the health of the applicant, if the health first, routine or early examination found medical pretindikācij driving, performing at the medical institution, which was found in the medical management of pretindikācij vehicles, except in the case where the driver or applicant is to re-register another family doctor (internist primary health care, primary health care Pediatrics) or where the Commission has eliminated the doctor. The medical establishment, in which the doctor has been eliminated, the Commission, not later than within three working days of the dissolution of the fact, notify the road traffic safety Directorate and the State inspection for technical supervision.
10. a Person can be a challenge during the month of the doctor or the decision of the Commission shall submit the relevant application to the medical care and integrity inspection quality control inspection. Medical care and integrity inspection quality control inspection decision month administrative procedure law may appeal to the Court.
2.2. Procedure for conducting driving and an applicant or a current first health check 11. driving and the first applicant's health or his routine check after check out and the opinion of the medical reference or provide a family physician (internist of primary health care, primary health care pediatrician) at which a driver or applicant is registered and located in his health care for at least six months (doctor) or medical institution created doctor Commission, chaired by a family doctor or internist and composed of a neurologist, opthalmologist, otorinolaringolog, or traumatolog of ortopēd surgeon, psychiatrist, or narkolog.
12. the health first or routine checks by the doctor or doctors during the Commission: 12.1. evaluate driving medical pretindikācij. If necessary, the doctor or the applicant driver posted to the doctor or the Commission, as well as further investigation requires another doctors opinion;
12.2. fill out driver's or applicant's health check card (annex 4) which adds the persons concerned or the outpatient card 15 years stored in a medical institution, in which the doctor;
12.3. the filling provisions specified in annex 5 submissions, request a certificate from the national registry, which tracked patients with mental impairments and psihiskaj diseases, and the State of the patient and addictive substance users national registry. If the driver or is included in any of these registers, medical reference or for an opinion on the driver's or applicant's health condition requires the psychiatrists or narkolog certificate. A statement that the driver of the vehicle or the applicant is not included in the relevant register, does not exempt the doctor or doctors from driving the Commission or the applicant's mental health condition assessment according to competence;
12.4. vehicle applications or drivers needed prostheses or orthoses members, or custom vehicle, medical reference mark shall be made on the additional driving features. Opinion on the management of certain additional products need to provide the health and capacity of the National Commission of physician expertise, medical reference mark shall be made by indicating the specific rules referred to in annex 6, additional information or restrictions in code.
13. If a first-time or regular health examination, the doctor or the doctor, the driver or the Commission the applicant finds medical pretindikācij driving, doctor or doctor the Commission not later than two working days after the opinion is issued shall notify the road traffic safety Directorate and the State technical supervision inspection that the vehicle operator or applicant has found medical pretindikācij of driving.
14. If a first-time or regular health examination, the doctor or the doctor's Commission or the driver determines the applicant medical pretindikācij driving and issued a medical reference, medical doctor or doctor of the Commission not later than 10 days after the issue of the medical reference Road Safety Directorate and the State technical supervision inspection shall be submitted to the relevant medical data set out in the reference.
2.3. Procedure for conducting driving tests for health early 15. health check The early send driver for which the Republic of Latvia has been issued driving licences: 15.1. where the driver of the vehicle is driven under the influence of alcoholic beverages, drugs, or other intoxicating substances impression;
15.2. If there is reasonable suspicion that a driver has a medical pretindikācij of driving.
16. Health early check out: 16.1. medical institution created a specialized medical board, if the driver of the vehicle is driven under the influence of alcoholic beverages, drugs, or other intoxicating substances. The Commission is made up of: 16.1.1. two narkolog;
16.1.2. a psychiatrist;
16.1.3. the family doctor or internist;
16.1.4. a neurologist;
16.1.5. the ophthalmologist;
16.1.7. surgeon or traumatolog in ortopēd;
16.2. the provisions referred to in paragraph 11 of the Commission if a doctor has a reasonable suspicion that the driver is driving the medical pretindikācij.
17. driving health early check in specialized medical Commission or the doctor carried out by the Commission on the basis of a national police officer's decision about driving to the early test of health (annex 7) or at the request of the driver.
18. health examination To find out early whether the driver is not driving the medical pretindikācij, a physician performs the Commission referred to in paragraph 12 of the rules, but a specialized medical board (in addition to the provisions in paragraph 12 of the following): 18.1. ensure driver's State inspection;
18.2. evaluate mental state;
18.3. If necessary, investigate, using psychological and psihodiagnostisko tests performed biochemical examinations and toxicological study of chemicals, as well as the control of breath alcohol concentration in the air and/or blood.
19. Medical inquiries or opinions on health examination found the early driving health issue after all necessary medical preventive measures, but not later than 30 days after the arrival of the driver to the health check early.
20. If driving under the influence of alcoholic beverages, drugs, or other intoxicating substances in prosecuted, health early check out and before the hearing, provided the procedure set out in paragraphs 30 and 31 of the rules prescribed in paragraph before driving a right of recovery.
21. health checks After early specialized medical board or Commission shall issue a new physician medical reference or opinion.
22. A specialized medical board or Commission which issued the doctor's medical opinion, inquiries or not later than two working days after the opinion of the medical reference or inform the issue of road traffic safety Directorate and the State inspection for technical supervision for the driver's health early test results.
3. The order in which the driver is sent to check on the health of early 23. Right to send a driver to health early check, if the driver has driven a vehicle under the influence of alcoholic beverages, drugs, or other intoxicating substances in or has a reasonable suspicion that a driver has a medical pretindikācij in driving, is following State police officials: 23.1. the district (municipal) Police Administration Chief or his Deputy;
23.2. Traffic Police Administration Chief or his Deputy;
23.3. the district (municipal) Police Department's traffic police chief or his Deputy;
14.5. If the perpetrator cognition committed a criminal offence.
24. the national police officer making a decision on sending the driver to the health check, early designs it to determine the sample form (annex 7) in duplicate. One copy remains in the body, which the officer made a decision on sending the driver to the health check, the other early-in the possession of the driver, which is sent to the health check early.
25. the decision on sending the driver to the health check is to early typographic numbered a mandatory document.
26. The national police officers on driving to the health check rules early 15.1. in the cases referred to shall be adopted at the same time with: 26.1. the decision on the imposition of the administrative penalty;
26.2. in criminal matters or of the Prosecutor's Office launching a prosecution (trigger).
27. the national police officer, sending the driver to the health check, where early has a reasonable suspicion that a driver has a medical pretindikācij in driving, the decision shall state the grounds on which it is based.
28. the national police officer who acted as a driver sent to health early check, ensure that information for decision no later than two working days (in accordance with interdepartmental agreements between the national police, the road traffic safety Directorate and the State inspection for technical supervision information exchange) is entered in the road traffic safety Directorate kept in the vehicle and the driver of the national registry and the State technical supervision and inspection in maintaining its driver implements the communication system.
29. The driver's responsibility to attend to the health check early, within 15 days after the decision of the driver to check the health of early notification, except when an administrative offence case imposed administrative penalty — driving disqualification.
30. If a driver on the health check on the early sent to driving under the influence of alcoholic beverages, drugs, or other intoxicating substances, the driver to recover driving rights, submitted to the specialized medical Commission issued medical reference, issued not earlier than two months before the right of recovery.
31. Where the driver in accordance with the procedure laid down in these provisions and deadlines have not made a routine health check early check in or, pursuant to the Highway Traffic Act article 30, second paragraph, point 4 driver is prohibited from using driving rights.
4. The order in which bear health drivers early inspection expenses 32. Driver or a third person (natural or legal person who, in the driver's seat makes payments to medical authority) shall bear the health check costs early in the following cases: 32.1. If the driver of the vehicle is driven under the influence of alcoholic beverages, drugs, or other intoxicating substances impression;
32.2. If there is reasonable suspicion that the driver is driving the medical pretindikācij;
32.3. If checks shall be carried out at the request of the driver.
33. the amount of the Payment for early check in of health determined in accordance with the hospital's approved price list. Fee for the inspection of health early driver or a third party carries out health checks before the early launch of paid the medical authorities that the amount in cash and receive a mandatory receipt. The receipt shall indicate the hospital's properties, driver's name, surname and personal code, as well as the service type and the extent of the payment.
34. If the rule 32.2. in the case referred to in subparagraph driver are not medical pretindikācij of driving, he has a right to seek reimbursement of the administrative procedure law.
5. the procedure for withdrawing driving rights for persons who have a medical pretindikācij in driving for 35. If the driver is found in medical pretindikācij, based on the doctor, the doctor or the Medical Commission of the information provided by the Commission (rules 13 and 22) for the reference to the driver, as well as the Highway Traffic Act article 29 set out in the third subparagraph, the road traffic safety directorate carried out the entry of vehicles and their drivers in the national register, and national technical supervision Inspectorate, implements and its driver information system on driving disqualification.
36. Road Traffic Safety Directorate and the State technical supervision inspection not later than three working days notify the relevant register registered driver for the fact that, on the basis of the doctor, the doctor or the Medical Commission of the information provided by the Commission on the driver perceived pretindikācij and Road Traffic Act article 29 set out in the third subparagraph, he shall be disqualified from driving.
37. If the driver's health check found medical pretindikācij of driving, and driving licences is located next to the driver, he shall be obliged within 10 days to pass invalid driver's license Road Safety Directorate and/or national technical supervision inspection.
38. If the driver's licence on the basis of the health check identified medical pretindikācij of driving, has removed the national police, the vehicle licence to the road traffic safety Directorate and/or State inspection for technical supervision.
39. Road Traffic Safety Directorate and the State technical supervision Inspectorate pursuant to rules 37 and 38. point received a driving licence shall be destroyed.
40. A Person who is found in the health check of the medical pretindikācij driving, driving rights can be restored only after the corresponding specialized medical board, the Commission or the doctor doctor who has carried out a health inspection of this person is not established by the medical pretindikācij in driving and is issued a medical reference.
6. Closing questions 41. Provisions for the exchange of information between doctors or commissions that take the driver's health check, the public registry, which tracked patients with mental impairments and psihiskaj diseases and State patient and addictive substance users in the public registry, the road traffic safety Directorate, national technical supervision Inspectorate and the national police may take place electronically.
42. Rule 16.1. referred to specialized medical Commission may establish only those medical institutions using the online data transmission, can provide the information referred to in these provisions the transfer of road traffic safety Directorate and the State inspection for technical supervision.
43. paragraph 14 of the provisions enter into force by 1 January 2007.
44. Medical inquiries, issued up to the effective date of the rules shall be valid until the date specified in them or new medical reference or an opinion.
45. Be declared unenforceable: 45.1. The Cabinet of Ministers of 17 September 2002, Regulation No 422 "rules for health checks for drivers and people who want to get a qualification of drivers" (Latvian journal, 2002, nr. 135);
45.2. The Cabinet of Ministers of 16 December 2003, the provisions of no. 719 "order in which bear health drivers early inspection expenses" (Latvian journal, 2003, nr. 180).
Informative reference to European Union directive rules included provisions deriving from Council of 29 July 1991 Directive 91/439/EEC on driving licences.
Prime Minister i. Emsis traffic acting Ministers: Deputy Prime Minister a. shlesers Editorial Note: rules shall enter into force on 16 July 2004.
1. the annex to Cabinet of Ministers of 6 July 2004, regulations No 582 of medical pretindikācij for driving on i. neurological diseases and syndromes of the Central and peripheral 1 nervous system processes or endure the disease and the consequences of the operation, which gets the following: 1.1 the movement function disorders: 1.1.1. Central and peripheral parēz;
1.1.3. parkinsonism, hyperkinesis (ekstrapiramidāl disorders);
1.1.4. nervous system damage syndrome the muscles (myopathy, miastēnij, miotonij);
1.2. the sensory disorder expressed;
1.3. the highest function of the nervous system disorders (dementia, aphasia, agnosia and other disturbances).
Notes: a) authorized to drive in some cases, given the extent of the disruption the locale and, if it does not affect driving safety. You can set limits in the permit, specifying the type of vehicle modifications, orthopaedic accessories that can be used. Requires regular medical check-ups after one to two years;
(b)) rules referred to in point 7.2 category drivers are not allowed to drive if they have this 1.1 and 1.3 of annex referred to in point pretindikācij. If it is pretindikācij referred to in 1.2, requires individual approach with a higher prasīgum (expert opinion) (exception does not apply to public passenger vehicle drivers).
2. the Epileptisk attack (a disease, syndrome) and other disturbances of consciousness, fainting and seizures.
Notes: (a)) regulations 7.1. category referred to drivers of vehicles allowed to drive a motor vehicle only by competent specialists perform examinations and regular medical check-ups. Qualified specialists will decide on epilepsy or other disturbances of consciousness, or consciousness, its clinical form and the effectiveness of the treatment (for example, there have been no attacks in the last two or more years);
(b)) rules referred to in point 7.2 category drivers are not allowed to drive.
II. Mental disturbance 3. Severe mental disorder resulting from endogenous or exogenous organic changes.
4. Mental retardation.
5. With age or personality disorder linked to severe behavioral problems, which have seriously reduced the judgment, reaction and adaptation capabilities.
Authorized to drive in exceptional cases in accordance with the opinion of the psychiatrist, but not longer than one year, making regular checks to a specialist.
III. Alcohol, the illicit manufacture of narcotic drugs or psychotropic substances (excluding tobacco) excessive, harmful use or dependence 6. The illicit manufacture of narcotic drugs or psychotropic substances, harmful excessive use.
The vehicle is allowed to drive only on objective evidence one year period of abstinence, a check at the specialist and other special medical check-ups.
7. The illicit manufacture of narcotic drugs or psychotropic substances.
The vehicle is allowed to drive only after treatment and objectively proven period of abstinence, a person removed from the State patient tracking and dynamic observation, during a check at the specialist and other special medical check-ups.
8. Alcohol dependence.
The vehicle is allowed to drive only after treatment and objectively proven period of abstinence, repeat the check of the applicant's health after one to two years.
IV. Oral Diseases 9. Diabetes mellitus, which is used in the treatment of insulin preparations.
Notes: (a)) regulations 7.1. category of vehicle referred to the driver authorized to drive, if he is at least a year of care, visit endokrinolog endokrinolog, at least once every six months and provide opinion endokrinolog, the driver is allowed to drive. Endokrinolog, giving the opinion of the family doctor, a doctor or medical specialist for the Commission, the Commission shall assess the diabetes complications and their severity, the degree of risk of hypoglycemia, diabetes patients practical skills and knowledge of the symptoms of hypoglycemia and hypoglycemia recognition, first aid in case of hypoglycemia and Glycemic self-control personal use means. Routine health check runs once every two years;
(b)) rules 7.2. category of vehicle referred to the driver authorized to drive in certain exceptional cases, if it is in the care of endokrinolog for at least one year and attend at least four endokrinolog months and endokrinolog has delivered an opinion that allowed the driver to drive the vehicle. Endokrinolog, giving the opinion of the family doctor, a doctor or medical specialist for the Commission, the Commission shall assess the diabetes complications and their severity, the degree of risk of hypoglycemia, diabetes patients practical skills and knowledge of the symptoms of hypoglycemia and hypoglycemia recognition, first aid in case of hypoglycemia and Glycemic self-control personal use means. Routine health check runs once a year.
10. Q-myocardial infarction within the last three months. (IV) class load and peace in unstable angina, angina episodes (more than twice a year).
11. Heart Rhythm disturbances with bouts of unconsciousness. Patients with implanted defibrillators, for kardioverter, of which the heart rate correction need elektroimpuls therapy.
12. Arterial hypertension grade 2 and 3 with frequent hypertensive crises (more than four last year or hypertensive crisis with brain vascular disorders — the last semester).
13. any other oral disease, which is a reasonable prognosis for the disease severity or sudden deterioration can cause brain disorders or otherwise endanger road safety.
7.2. The provisions referred to in the category drivers are not allowed to drive a motor vehicle if: (a)) blood and hematopoietic organs disease occurs with anēmisk or hemorrhagic syndrome;
b) chronic kidney disease occurs with kidney failure, which is manifested by urēmisk toxicity.
V. 14. Visual impairment provisions 7.1. category of vehicle referred to managers: 14.1 binocular Visual acuity less than 0.5 (also see corrective lenses), using both eyes at once;
14.2. the horizontal field of vision is less than 120 °;
14.3. only the blind eye Visual acuity lower than 0.6 (also see corrective lenses).
The Intraokulār adjustment is not considered a correction.
15. the categories referred to in point 7.2 of the drivers: 15.1. Visual acuity less than 0.8 in the eye with the best vision and less than 0.5 the eye with the worst vision (also see corrective lenses);
15.2. change the FOV or persistent diplopia.
Note: see a) If corrective lenses are used to attain the Visual acuity of 0.8 and 0.5 respectively, unadjusted for the sight in each eye must be 0.05 or the minimum acuity (0.8 and 0.5 respectively) must be achieved with glasses that strength does not exceed plus or minus four dioptres or with the help of contact lenses (uncorrected vision 0.05);
(b) adjustment intraokulār) will not be considered.
Vi. Hearing impaired 16. Complete deafness in one ear, and hear the voice of speech with other ear within three meters, "whispered a voice not hear feet away or not hear the speech voice with each ear two meters.
17. Chronic unilateral or bilateral purulent, negative middle ear inflammation with holesteatom, granulācij or polip.
18. Chronic purulent complications after a mastoidīt, mastoidektomij (cyst, fistula).
Notes: (a)) regulations 7.1. category referred to drivers of vehicles permitted to drive the vehicle;
(b)) rules 7.2. category referred to drivers of vehicles permitted to drive the vehicle, taking into account the severity of the disturbance, as well as determining the periodicity of checks of health after one to two years. Authorized to drive after the surgery made inflammatory if strutošan has not been at least half a year.
VII. Injuries and their consequences 19. Sedentary scars and wounds, which have impaired hand or foot movements, a pronounced neck movement restrictions, not properly healed fractures, sustained changes in large joints, which greatly interfered with foot and hand movements, as well as the persistent changes in the spine, which has impaired its movement.
20. One of the hands or legs, hands or feet as well as deformation, which is significantly impaired their movement.
21. Two or more fingers of the right hand or lack the right arm, or immobility of the flexion Contracture with complete one-finger bending.
22. Three or more fingers of the left hand for lack or left hand immobility, or Contracture with at least one toe bending, as well as the legs more than 10 cm. abbreviation remarks: a) the rules referred to in point 7.1. category drivers in some cases allowed to drive. The vehicle can be controlled with one amputēt Shin, if amputation of trunk is at least 1/3 of the lower leg and the knee joint amputēt feet in full motion, but saved at the foot of the abbreviation — if not atrofisk and not the leg bone, muscle, soft tissue and joints of the fault, and is stored in the movement. Foot overall length shall be not less than 75 cm (from the heel bone to the thigh bone in the middle of a large wart);
(b)) rules referred to in point 7.2 category drivers are not allowed to drive a motor vehicle if there is a lack of movement or significant movement of both hand limit: two hand arm and finger-joint Contracture, ankiloz, span and the retention of objects, or ankiloz's Contracture (also functionally advantageous position) both of the shoulder, elbow and arm joints, first and second finger's lack of both hands, one hand, as well as the abbreviations for feet 10 cm. traffic acting Ministers: Deputy Prime Minister a. shlesers annex 6 Cabinet 2004. 6. the July rules and limitations for more information no 582 codes 1. more information and restriction codes, which state that a driver must use: 1.1 the vision correction and/or protection (e.g., glasses, contact lenses) (01);
1.2. the hearing aid accessories (02);
1.3. Members ' prostheses/orthoses (03);
1.4. the custom vehicle: 1.4.1. custom transmission (10);
1.4.2. adjust clutch (15);
1.4.3. custom brake system (20);
1.4.4. custom Accelerator (25);
1.4.5. the service braking system and the custom Accelerator (30);
1.4.6. custom accessories (lights, window Wiper/washer, Horn, direction indicator switch, etc.) (35);
1.4.7. adjusted steering (40);
1.4.8. adjusted the rear-view mirror (s) (42);
1.4.9. adjusted for the driver's seat (43);
1.4.10. custom motorcycles (subcode use obligatory): 126.96.36.199. single operated brake (44.01);
188.8.131.52. custom hand-operated front wheel brakes (44.02);
184.108.40.206. custom foot-operated rear wheel brakes (44.03);
220.127.116.11. custom Accelerator handle (44.04);
18.104.22.168. customized with hand-operated transmission and clutch (No 44.05);
22.214.171.124. custom rear-view mirror (s) (No 44.06);
126.96.36.199. custom alert tone (light, direction indicators, stop lights URu.tml.) (44.07);
188.8.131.52. driver's seat positioned at a height to, sitting on a motorcycle, while both legs could keep on the ground (44.08);
1.4.11. allowed to drive a motorcycle with a sidecar (45);
1.4.12. authorized to drive to a specific vehicle/chassis number (vehicle identification number, VIN) (50);
1.4.13. authorized to drive to a national registration number (51).
Traffic acting Minister — Deputy Prime Minister a. shlesers
Search Translated Laws of Latvia