Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/91212
Cabinet of Ministers Regulations No. 598 in Riga on 13 July 2004 (pr. Nr. 42, 40. §) rules on acoustic noise law, residential and public premises of buildings Issued in accordance with the Cabinet of Ministers of 14 law equipment of the first paragraph of article 3, paragraph 1. determines the acoustic noise levels, regulations and public buildings in the residential premises to ensure the protection of persons against the acoustic noise of adverse effects.
2. Acoustic noise is not involved, all kinds of interfering sounds air environment, which creates discomfort, affect your hearing and interferes with the acoustic communication (the useful sounds).
3. the rules do not apply to: 3.1. noise in the working environment;
3.2. public recreational and sports activities which are coordinated with the local authorities.
4. Acoustic noise measurement shall be carried out in the testing laboratories according to the standard LVS 17025 "General requirements for the operation of testing laboratories accredited by" Latvian National Accreditation Bureau and for which accreditation has published a statement in the newspaper "Gazette", as well as qualified professionals who have received a certificate issued by a conformity assessment body in accordance with the standard LVS EN ISO/IEC 17024:2003 "conformity assessment-General requirements for the certification of persons accredited by Latvian institutions ' National Accreditation Bureau and for which accreditation is the publication of a notice in a newspaper" journal ".
5. Acoustic noise values table of premises is assessed on the basis of acoustic noise measurements to be taken according to standard EN ISO 1996-1:2004 acoustics — noise characterization, and evaluation of measurement — part 1: Pamatlielum and assessment procedures "and the standard LVS ISO 1996-2:2004 + A1 ' acoustics — noise characterization and measurement — part 2: application of the data acquisition for the use of land", as well as taking into account the provisions of annex 1. Predictable acoustic noise of pointer values are evaluated using the premises of the calculations according to the Latvian et seq of the LBN 016-03 "Būvakustik" and in the standard EN ISO 9613-2: ' acoustics — 2004, sound attenuation, it spread as the external environment: part 2: General method of calculation ".
6. Acoustic noise levels in the residential regulations and public building, expressed in terms of physical size, which represents the acoustic noise (noise), certainly this provision in annex 2. Local government in its administrative territory is entitled to impose stricter regulatory levels for residential and public buildings.
7. The acoustic noise levels of compliance with the laws, regulations and public buildings in the residential premises controlled by the national sanitary inspection (residential buildings indoors at the request of the population), as well as local government bodies, of which the municipality has delegated this function.
8. For acoustic noise exceeding permissible standards is the responsibility of the person having possession or use of an existing acoustic noise source activities have exceeded permissible regulations and public buildings in the residential premises.
9. Areas where found or predicted noise indicator values that do not match this rule 2. the requirements set out in the annex, shall take measures and acoustical or changes the use of the premises under the noise function pointer values.
10. The rules referred to in point 8 of the person responsible shall bear the costs related to acoustic noise measurement and anti-noise measures, if the possession or use of an existing acoustic noise source the operation has exceeded the permissible noise acoustic regulations, as well as acoustic noise exposed population at their request, provide information about the results of the measurement or calculation.
11. If the acoustic noise measurement shall be carried out in the institutions subordinated to the Ministry, the acoustic noise measurement pricing is calculated in accordance with the provisions of annex 3. If the acoustic noise measurement shall be carried out by the local government body, approved a pricing benchmark local.
12. Be declared unenforceable in the Cabinet of 22 May 2001 on the terms of no. 214 "rules on acoustic noise law, residential and public buildings in the premises and territory" (Latvian journal, 2001, 95 no).
13. the provisions of paragraph 4 shall enter into force on January 1, 2006.
Prime Minister i. Emsis Health Minister r. Muciņš Editorial Note: rules shall enter into force on 17 July 2004.
1. the annex to Cabinet of Ministers on 13 July 2004 the Regulation No. 598 assessment of noise indicators and public buildings in the residential premises (full document) DOC 49 kb
Search Translated Laws of Latvia