Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/93004
Cabinet of Ministers Regulations No. 740 in 2004 (august 24. No 50 27. §) rules on grants Issued under the University Act 52. the third paragraph of article 14 of the Education Act and article 23, paragraph i. General questions 1. determines the minimum amount of scholarship and the order in which grants receive: 1.1. higher education programs, the student who admitted to the tendering procedure and studying the State funded study places;
1.2. basic education and vocational secondary education programs, the trainees who enrolled in State-funded accordingly to the number of seats, excluding trainees during imprisonment;
1.3. elementary education and vocational secondary education programs trainees admitted pursuant to the local government-funded places, excluding trainees during imprisonment.
2. The provisions referred to in 1.1 and 1.2 of these rules a learner in the learner receives scholarship from educational Scholarship Fund, which creates a from the State budget funds from grants from general revenue. 1.3. These provisions referred to learner scholarship receives from the education authority Scholarship Fund, which is made up of local government funds.
II. the procedure for receiving the scholarship programs of higher education learners 3. Scholarship contest in order to qualify for this rule 1.1. referred to a learner who: 3.1. deadline successfully pass the necessary tests;
3.2. to fully acquire the academic semester credits provided;
3.3. not subject to State social insurance in accordance with the law "on State social insurance", except the person who voluntarily joined the national social insurance.
4. Higher education program of the Student Scholarship Fund may grant: 4.1 the minimum 10 months per year of scholarship (awards for July and august);
4.2. the lump-sum grants. One-time scholarship amount does not exceed the minimum semester scholarships.
5. the higher education authority scholarship award rules and create scholarships. Panelists include institutions of higher education administration, academic staff and student self-government representatives.
6. institutions of higher education scholarship fund created through: 6.1 each full-time undergraduate courses, vocational higher education programs, masters degree programs in medicine and resident study site – 102 late years;
6.2. each full time doctoral programs site-696 Lats per year;
6.3. each full time doctoral programs site, Minister of education and Science approved the education thematic area-720 lat year;
6.4. each full time higher education program for the student – four year scholarships lats cost pregnancy leave.
7. One-time scholarships provide for no more than five percent of higher education institutions about the Scholarship Fund.
8. the minimum monthly Student grant is fixed at: 8.1 bachelor study programmes, vocational higher education programs, masters degree programs student and resident in medicine – 70 dollars per month;
8.2. the doctoral program student: 8.2.1. courses in learning-80 Lats per month;
8.2.2. the degree of abstraction – 60 Lats per month.
9. To be able to get that provision referred to in paragraph 4, the applicant grants higher education scholarship award shall submit to the Commission an application for the scholarship (annex).
10. Scholarships, the Commission at the end of each academic semester and imatrikulācij: 10.1 review the submissions to receive scholarships, assesses the applicant's progress or results of the entrance examination and compliance with the rules referred to in paragraph 3;
10.2. the decision on the award of scholarships, up to higher education scholarship fund. Information about approved scholarship application is open.
11. If two or more student who qualifies for this provision referred to in paragraph 4 is equivalent to scholarship, success indicators, the Commission grants scholarship grants first: 11.1. disability, orphan or without parental care, as well as the remaining student whose family with which he has not shared facilities (family), awarded the status of poor families based on the regulations issued in accordance with the procedure laid down for compliance with the poor family (personal) status;
11.2. the student from a family who raised three or more children;
11.3. the student whose family has children.
12. in order to receive a scholarship degree abstraction (hereinafter credit assimilated scholarship), the applicant concluded a contract with institutions of higher education. The contract shall specify: 12.1. higher education institutions undertaking the study, research and creative work in security;
12.2. tenderer's obligations thesis development and degree of abstraction, provided that obligations are due five years after imatrikulācij;
12.3. extension of the conditions;
12.4. disputes and the resolution of disputes;
12.5. the procedure for the exchange of information.
13. If a period of five years after the imatrikulācij this provision referred to in subparagraph 6.3 doctoral program student non-degree or stop studies, he repaid the scholarship credit aligned Cabinet of 29 May 2001, Regulation No 219 of "procedure is given, and pay off student loans will be deleted from the State budget".
14. the Minister of education and science, no later than 1 March of the current year with an order confirm next financial year education thematic areas the list of doctoral programs in which the student qualifies for a credit of equivalent scholarship.
15. This provision in paragraph 3 that person during maternity leave is granted the minimum scholarship based on the disability pages, issued attestation of regulatory incapacity laws.
16. The rules referred to in point 15 of scholarships paid immediately for two months of maternity leave.
17. the higher education authority scholarship amount for the scholarship recipient's billing account or payment card account.
18. the higher education scholarships during the semester, the Commission may cancel the decision of the scholarship award, if the person does not comply with the examination and practical work deadlines or violate internal rules of education authority rules.
19. Institutions of higher education scholarship to pay off Studio break. The scholarship may be renewed after the cost of studies, if the person successfully continues in the Studio.
III. Arrangements for the Fellowship receive professional education and vocational secondary education program trainees 20. Learner that professional education institution onsite learning vocational education or vocational secondary education program of the Scholarship Fund receives a monthly grant.
21. the professional education and vocational secondary education institutions (hereinafter referred to as the professional education institution) creates Scholarship Fund, providing for each learner to 8.5 month lats.
22. minimum monthly stipend for the learner down six lats.
23. the Professional education institution awarded to trainees of elevating a scholarship if the person: 23.1. is an orphan or without parental care left a child who has not passed the education and upbringing of the child care facility, audžuģimen or guardian family;
23.2. the legal age without parental care success remained a learner or an orphan.
24. Professional education institution of Scholarship Fund may grant: a lump sum scholarship, 24.1. If a learner submits application for necessary additional expenses for which no compensation is provided for from the State social insurance system. One-time scholarships provide for no more than five percent of the amount of the Scholarship Fund;
24.2. increased scholarship on good and excellent in progress training and activity of educational institutions in public life.
25. One-time grants and no more than five times the minimum monthly amount of the scholarship.
26. the vocational training authority scholarship amount for the scholarship recipient's billing account or payment card account: 26.1. starting the school year and every month;
26.2. practice once a month;
26.3. the day before the start of the summer vacation.
27. Vocational education authority scholarship award rules and create scholarships. Panelists include professional education institutions administration, teaching staff and onsite student self-government representatives.
28. If two or more the number of learners who qualify for the one-time scholarship is equivalent to success rates, the Commission grants first scholarship awarded: 28.1. a disabled person, the orphan or without parental care, as well as the remaining learners from underprivileged families;
28.2. the learner from the family who raised three or more children.
29. the vocational training institutions for teachers maternity leave is granted the minimum monthly stipend based on the disability pages issued attestation of regulatory incapacity laws.
30. Where the professional education learner health reasons is the academic leave, his scholarship is not awarded.
IV. Closing questions 31 be declared unenforceable in the Cabinet of 7 May 2002, the provisions of no. 182 "rules for scholarships" (Latvian journal, 2002, 88 no).
32. Rule 6.4, paragraph 15 and 16 shall with effect from 1 January 2005.
33. credit assimilated granted scholarships to these rules into force, shall be paid according to the education authorities and the applicant concluded a contract for the scholarship award and subject to the Cabinet of Ministers of 29 May 2001, Regulation No 219 of "procedure is given, and pay off student loans will be deleted from the State budget".
34. Financing scholarships granted from the State budget for the year.
Prime Minister i. Emsis education and Science Minister j. Radzevič Editorial Note: regulations shall enter into force by September 2, 2004.
Search Translated Laws of Latvia