Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/93753
Cabinet of Ministers Regulations No. 794 Riga 2004 14 September (pr. No 53 34) National Agency "Latvian fish resource agency" Regulations Issued under the public law agency 8. the third paragraph of article i. General questions 1. Public Agency "Latvian fish resource agency" (hereinafter referred to as the Agency) is the Ministry of agriculture in the national monitoring authority.
2. the Agency aims to provide Latvia with the Baltic Sea, Gulf of Riga and the internal waters of fish resources and the environment in a balanced, sustainable fishing and angling opportunities.
II. Agency functions, tasks and rights 3. the Agency shall have the following functions: 3.1. implementing the national policy on reproduction of fish stocks and fish resources restocking program of national measures;
3.2. to provide the scientific basis for the rational resources and sustainable management of Latvian jurisdiction existing in domestic and offshore coastal waters, territorial waters and the waters of the European economic area;
3.3. to provide the scientific basis and according to the competency to represent the interests of Latvia in the European institutions and international organisations in matters related to the evaluation of fish stocks and the rational exploitation of resources, as well as with aquaculture and conservation of biological diversity;
3.4. provide public services according to competence;
3.5. promoting public awareness of fish resources in a rational and sustainable management issues.
4. in order to ensure the fulfilment of the functions, the Agency shall have the following tasks: 4.1 ensuring young fish rearing fish in water to supplement natural resources in accordance with the reproduction of fish resources in the national programme for the fish fry release volumes;
4.2. each year to develop recommendations on the artificial reproduction of fish resources in marine and inland waters;
4.3. the introduction of new fish farming technology, optimize the process of rearing young fish to develop new, perspective of the Latvian conditions of fish and other aquatic organisms (hidrobiont) species production;
4.4. to take local growing conditions of fish breeding work, according to the needs of the aquaculture populated with the most important species of fish breeding herd;
4.5. to study the fish resources and their condition, to assess the impact of fishing and fishing on fish resources and biological diversity;
4.6. each year, as well as the request by the national authorities to develop operational recommendations for fishing, angling, fisheries resources and the protection of biodiversity, as well as provide suggestions on catches and fishing gear, the number limits and fishing and fishing control measures;
4.7. to assess the economic situation of the fisheries sector under the Latvian fishery data collection programme for the current year;
4.8. every month, enter the catch data for offshore fishing in the single Latvia fisheries control and information system;
4.9. provide quarterly reporting to the Central Administration of statistics on fishing in inland waters;
4.10. to provide scientific data for the participation of Latvia and defending the interests of the fishing industry in the European Commission and the Council of Ministers of the European Union's bodies and their working groups, as well as the International Council for the exploration of the Sea (ICES) and the International Baltic Sea Fishery Commission (IBSFC) committees, working groups and working meetings;
4.11. to ensure the participation of Latvia in the fisheries science in international cooperation programmes and projects;
4.12. to provide resources and fish catch and biological data economic activities of fishing vessels, the annual gathering of the data collection and database maintenance according to the requirements of the European Commission and the Latvian fishery data collection programme;
4.13. develop water fisheries operating rules;
4.14. to make history and the loss caused to the fishery resources, the expertise to assess the damage and determine the compensation forms;
4.15. to advise, train and educate stakeholders on issues related to fisheries management, the status of fish farming technology, licensed fishing and angling;
4.16. organize and manage seminars and conferences on matters related to the fish resources and their management, as well as other matters within the competence of the Agency;
4. provide information to the media, prepare publications and specialized newsletters on fish resources and their management, as well as others within the competence of the Agency.
5. the Agency shall have the following rights: 5.1. to request and receive from legal and physical persons in the execution of the tasks of the Agency the information required;
5.2. to carry out his contracts and charge fees for the services provided;
5.3. with the permission of the Minister for finance to take loans and commitments to the law on budget and financial management within the order;
5.4. to purchase the required for the operation of the Agency, as well as to dispose of the possession of the Agency in the State movable property.
III. Agency governance 6. The work of the agency headed by a Director. The Director shall make public administration facilities Act direct authorities managerial functions.
7. the Director of the Agency and shall be exempt from the Labour Minister of agriculture.
IV. funding of the Agency and the Agency's property 8. The budget of the Agency shall consist of: 8.1. State budget grant from the general revenue;
8.2. own revenue, including revenue for paid services rendered by the Agency and State and local government orders;
8.3. donations, gifts and foreign financial assistance;
8.4. the Agency's existing movable property in possession of the disposal of the financial resources obtained.
9. The law on the Agency's budget and financial management in the order have the right to take loans and commitments if the permission of the Minister of finance. Prior authorization of the Minister of finance agency provisions of the transaction in question into line with the Ministry of agriculture.
10. the Agency with its possession passed to the Act public law agency in article 16.
V. activities of the Agency in ensuring the rule of law and reporting 11. Agency staff decisions and actual action may be challenged, submitting the application the Agency Director.
12. The Director of the Agency to succeed administrative provisions and actual action may be challenged in the Ministry of agriculture. The Ministry of agriculture, may appeal to the Court.
13. the report of the Agency's functions and the use of funds the Agency shall provide the Administration in accordance with the procedure laid down in the Treaty and within the time limit.
VI. final question 14. Regulations shall enter into force by 1 November 2004.
Prime Minister i. Emsis Minister of Agriculture m. Roze Editorial Note: the entry into force of the provisions by 1 November 2004.
Search Translated Laws of Latvia