Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/94493
Cabinet of Ministers Regulations No. 808 2004 in Riga on September 28 (Mon. No 56 10) National Agency "Latvian War Museum" Regulations Issued under the public law agency 8. the third paragraph of article 1 the State Agency "Latvian War Museum" (further – the Agency) under the supervision of the Ministry of defence has an existing national institution whose goal is to promote public education and development by collecting, preserving, researching, exhibiting and promoting the material evidence for the Latvian military and political history of the company and which is a historical and scientific significance as well as substantive evidence-related information.
2. the Agency shall have the following functions: 2.1. maintaining and developing the Museum's inventory as a National Museum for the item;
2.2. ensuring the value of public access to the Museum;
2.3. to conduct research in military and political history of the area;
2.4. perform scientifically educational work;
2.5. to promote national defense industry.
3. in order to ensure the fulfilment of the functions, the Agency shall: 3.1 regulations prescribed supplements, recorded, stored and used in the Museum's inventory, as well as ensure its preservation, making the Museum's restoration and preservation of objects;
3.2. create and maintain a museum item information system;
3.3. develop and maintain permanent facilities, exposure and exhibition;
3.4. public museum studies and information on the item;
3.5. prepares and conducts educational programs and tours, provide tutorials, lectures, public events;
3.6. organizes national and international projects and participating in them;
3.7. maintain and develop the Museum's operation required infrastructure.
4. the Agency shall carry out the functions assigned in accordance with the Defence Minister, approved the medium-term actions and development strategy, the current year's operating plan and budget, as well as the management contract by the Defense Minister and a Director of the Agency.
5. the Agency, in accordance with the competency has the right to: 5.1. request from natural and legal persons of the agencies function information required;
5.2. the charge for the services provided;
5.3. receive donations and make purchases to replenish the inventory of the Museum;
5.4. financial Minister's permission to take loans and to assume a guarantee in the law on budget and financial management. Prior authorization of the Minister of finance transactions that the documentation prepared by the Agency in line with the Defense Minister.
6. the Agency shall be headed by a Director of the Agency. The Agency's Director shall make public administration facilities Act direct authorities managerial functions and public agency law. The Director recruiting and dismissal of the Defense Minister.
7. the Agency's financial resources comprise: 7.1 Government grants from the general revenue;
7.2. revenue for paid services rendered by the Agency;
7.3. donations and gifts;
7.4. own revenue;
7.5. foreign financial assistance.
8. the Agency's staff decisions and actual action may be challenged, submitting the application the Agency Director.
9. The Director of the Agency's actual action or administrative act issued may challenge the Ministry of defence. The Defense Ministry decision on contested actual action or administrative act issued may appeal to the Court.
10. the regulations shall enter into force by 1 January 2005.
Prime Minister i. Emsis Defense Minister a. Slakter the Editorial Note: regulations shall enter into force by 1 January 2005.
Search Translated Laws of Latvia