Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/94484
Cabinet of Ministers Regulations No. 817 in 2004 (28 September. No 56 31) national Probation Service Advisory Council regulation Issued pursuant to the public administration Act, article 13 of the equipment 1. National probation service's Advisory Council (hereinafter Council) (also the territorial unit) is the coordinating and advisory body which aims to promote cooperation between the institutions, as well as identifying and addressing the problems of cooperation in the field of probation.
2. The Council and its offices shall have the following tasks: 2.1. in cooperation with national authorities, local authorities and non-governmental organizations to assess the situation in the field of probation;
2.2. to coordinate the Government agencies, local governments and non-governmental organizations cooperation for the implementation of a common policy in the field of probation;
2.3. to examine the priority lines of action in the field of probation;
2.4. provide ratings on draft legislative provisions concerning the national probation service's competence;
2.5. to review State and local authorities as well as non-governmental organizations, proposals affecting probation area.
3. the offices of the Council in addition to the provisions referred to in paragraph 2 shall have the following objectives: 3.1. to inform the Council about topical issues in the field of probation in the territory concerned;
3.2. to give proposals to the Council for the implementation of a common policy in the field of probation.
4. The Council and its offices have the following rights: 4.1 according to competence to request and receive from State and local authorities as well as non-governmental organizations for the information;
4.2. call upon State and local institutions, as well as representatives of non-governmental organizations who are specialists in the departments of the Council or its territorial meetings on matters under consideration;
4.3. establish working groups to ensure that rule 2 and 3 tasks referred to in paragraph 1;
4.4. examine any important issue of cooperation between the institutions in the field of probation;
4.5. to give proposals on regulatory institutions base.
5. The President of the Council and Council Chairman of the territorial units have the following rights: 5.1 without special authorisation to represent the Council or relevant territorial unit;
5.2. to sign the territorial Council or the relevant departments;
5.3. to convene a Council or the relevant territorial departments emergency meeting;
5.4. writing to invite representatives of other institutions, if the Council or the relevant work of the territorial departments need their opinion.
6. The President of the Council is the national probation service Government representative, but the territorial Department of the President of the Council is the national probation service in the relevant territorial unit.
7. The Council and its territorial departments of personnel approved by the Minister of Justice.
8. The Council and its territorial departments, be convened by the President of the Council or by the Council Chairman of the territorial unit of a proposal, but not less frequently than every six months.
9. the Council or the relevant territorial departments extraordinary meeting may be convened by the President of the Council or the Council, the territorial departments of the initiative of the Chairman or if the proposed in writing not less than one third of the Council or the relevant territorial unit.
10. the Council and the territorial agenda, the Department approved and meetings chaired by the Chairperson of the Board or the President of the territorial Council of the Department.
11. The Council and its territorial departments meeting are open to the public. For meeting time and place of the Council or the relevant territorial unit shall notify members at least four working days before the meeting.
12. The Council and its territorial departments provides state management of probation services.
13. the Council and its territorial departments take decisions accordingly, the members of the Council or Council members of the territorial unit of a simple majority, a vote. If the vote splits in the casting is the President of the Council or the President of the territorial Council of the Department.
14. the Council and its territorial departments is valid, if they are participating the meeting, more than half of the members of the Council or Council members of the territorial unit.
15. other institutions Outside Parties have no vote in the Council and its territorial departments.
16. The Council and its territorial departments record the meetings provide national probation service. The minutes shall be signed by the President of the Council or the Council of territorial departments of the President and the Registrar. Protocol to all institutions represented in the Council.
17. the Council's decisions are binding on its offices.
Prime Minister i. Emsis, Minister of Justice v. höche Editorial Note: rules shall enter into force on October 2, 2004.
Search Translated Laws of Latvia