Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/94675
Cabinet of Ministers Regulations No. 826 Riga 2004 5 October (pr. No 58 10) National Agency "translation and terminology Centre" Regulations Issued under the public law agency 8. the third paragraph of article i. General question 1. Public Agency "translation and terminology Centre" (hereinafter referred to as the Agency) is a Government Office in the State supervision authority set up to national regulatory authorities and the public with national and international legislation and issued another document translations, as well as proposals for the development and standardization of terminology.
II. Agency functions, tasks and rights 2. the Agency shall have the following functions: 2.1 translate the European Union legislation and its application in the linked documents, Latvian language;
2.2. to translate Latvian legislation of the Member States of the European Union;
2.3. to translate with the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) action related documents, international treaties and other laws of the Latvian language;
2.4. prepare proposals, single language requirements according to Latvian terminology use legislation;
2.5. developing and developed the methodology of interpretation.
3. the functions of the Agency shall undertake the following tasks: 3.1 constantly provides a high level of translation services;
3.2. systemic accumulating databases of national regulatory authorities needs translated documents and supports international law and the law of the Republic of Latvia, the translation of universal access;
3.3. the development of the European Union and the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) action related industries and their accordance with the terminology of the relevant professionals;
3.4. provide terminology and the agreed terms of access databases;
3.5. develop and present proposals for the approval of the terms of Latvian Academy of Sciences terminology;
3.6. According to competence, cooperate with the institutions of the European Union translation services and other institutions, foreign institutions and international organisations, to promote the use of common terminology, regulations and translations of other documents;
3.7. organise cooperation between national agencies and provide them with advice and development of harmonization of terminology;
3.8. prepares and distributes information and methodological materials for translation and terminology;
3.9. organizes seminars, conferences and professional training;
3.10 provide media coverage for the Agency's competence.
4. the Agency shall have the following rights: 4.1 to request and receive from the public authorities the information necessary for the functions of the Agency, as well as the laws and regulations in order to receive information from natural and legal persons;
4.2. the charge for public services provided by the Agency in accordance with the pricing, which after the Director of the Agency's proposal and the reconciliation with Prime Minister approved by the Director of the State Chancellery;
4.3. to cooperate with foreign and international institutions, provide a mutual exchange of information, training and the implementation of joint projects on issues of competence;
4.4. The public agency in accordance with the procedure laid down in the law to deal with the Agency's disposal of movable and immovable property and financial resources;
4.5. the Agency is entitled to receive donations and donations.
III. The regulatory agreement 5. Management contract concluded on the basis of the Agency's medium-term actions and development strategy.
6. the management contract concluded State Office Director and the Director of the Agency.
7. the management contract determines the Agency's medium-term development strategy and the results set in accordance with the approved funding.
IV. Agency governance 8. The work of the agency headed by the Director of the Agency. The Director shall make public administration facilities Act direct authorities managerial functions. The Director of the Agency shall determine the duties of the public agency law, this Charter, the Agency's management contract and the contract of employment.
9. The Director of the Agency after coordination with the Prime Minister to hire and dismissal of the Director of the State Chancellery.
10. the Director of the Agency can be alternates. The Director of the Agency shall be specified in the Agency's structure and creates a unit.
11. The activities of the Agency under the statutory officers of the competence monitor appointed by the Director of the State Chancellery officials.
12. the Agency at least once a year, provide to the Director of the Office of State review of the Agency's functions and the use of budget resources management in accordance with the procedure laid down in the Treaty and within the time limit.
13. The Director of the Agency shall participate in an advisory capacity for the senior officials meeting and the quarterly report on the work carried out by the Agency of the amount of translation for the previous quarter and tasks the next quarter.
14. the Agency official decisions, and agency staff in actual action may be challenged, by the Director of the Agency for the application. The Director of the Agency's decisions and actual action may be challenged in the State Chancellery.
V. the financial resources of the Agency 15. The Agency's financial resources in the national budget allocation from general revenue, revenue from the fees of the Agency services, gifts and donations, as well as foreign financial assistance.
16. the law on the Agency's budget and financial management in the order with the permission of the Minister of Finance has the right to take loans and to enter into leasing contracts. Prior authorization of the Minister of finance transactions that the documentation prepared by the agency coordinated with State Chancellery.
17. the legal relations with natural and legal persons is the responsibility of the Agency with its State owned property.
VI. final question 18. Regulations shall enter into force by 1 November 2004.
Prime Minister i. Emsis, Minister of Justice v. höche Editorial Note: the entry into force of the provisions by 1 November 2004.
Search Translated Laws of Latvia